~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

Scout watches an old episode of Star Trek with Dad and wonders why they have umpteen kinds of aliens but no dogs.

Who P, can you keep Scout small and adorable like that until I am able to visit during the next tour?
    ELITIST FUK
  • SD48277 said:

Who P, can you keep Scout small and adorable like that until I am able to visit during the next tour?

I don't know about small but I have a feeling he's always going to be pretty adorable. :wink:
    We'd be happy to have you pay us a visit. :smile:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • A year ago today we said good bye to our sweet boy Django. What an awesome dog he was.

I just want to say thank you once again to all the people who post in this thread, for all the kindness, sympathy, and love you expressed to me when I was grieving. It meant a lot to have a safe place to come when I was so sad and to know I was talking to people who truly understood how hard it was.

Thank you. :hug:
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Hugs to you too, Who P. Anyone who has experienced that loss...we know.

That damned pain always lingers, and lessens. Fluctuates too.

Cushions, shoulders, the whole shebang...always here.

Love that schnozzer!
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    hedonist said:

Hugs to you too, Who P. Anyone who has experienced that loss...we know.

That damned pain always lingers, and lessens. Fluctuates too.

Cushions, shoulders, the whole shebang...always here.

Love that schnozzer!

+1

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    "Be a good human and get me my dinner"

photo image_zpsatadiw1h.jpeg
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    Hey, Austicman! Good to see you back!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Austicman said:

"Be a good human and get me my dinner"

photo image_zpsatadiw1h.jpeg

:waves:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

photo IMG_0879_zpswxyo1que.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive said:

photo IMG_0879_zpswxyo1que.jpg

Cutie pie. :star:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    damnit piper, chill with the overwhelming cuteness will ya? making the rest of us look bad

Between the sweet thoughtful eyes and badass claws, norm looks like he'd give some big loving until deciding you're worthy of a shiv-via-paw.
    lol yeah he's due for the groomers
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Oh, I love all of these so much. And of course Piper looks so innocent.
    Enkidu said:

Oh, I love all of these so much. And of course Piper looks so innocent.

unlike her human caretaker....

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Penny can be a badass even when she's lying down.

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's Scout!

Ghostly!
  • He really likes to jump. He springs into the air to come down on Penny. Too fast to get a picture.

Rob previously asked about pictures of Scout's mass destructions. He really hasn't destroyed much other than his toys because we are good at keeping an eye on him. It helps that we've been through this puppy business many times.

We have a large back porch with planters all around the edges. The house was built in 1947 and I wouldn't be surprised if the planters were that old.

I've never known a dog to be interested in the planters. Until Scout. He jumps on top of them like he's king of the world and squashes the plants. He also digs in them and eats the dirt. This is some of his handiwork.

Anybody ever heard of a dog that eats dirt? What do you do about it? I'm thinking about dumping cayenne all over them to see if that will work.
    Who P, if dogs eat shit, is soil so surprising? Pretty planters, by the way.

(now I'm thinking of Peter Gabriel's Digging in the Dirt, courtesy of Scout's antics)
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    hedonist said:

(now I'm thinking of Peter Gabriel's Digging in the Dirt, courtesy of Scout's antics)

"This time, Scout's gone too far..."
    This weekend we rock Portland
    "Don't bark back!"
    :dog:
  • hedonist said:

Who P, if dogs eat shit, is soil so surprising? Pretty planters, by the way.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but I've never had a dog that did that before! He's getting interested in the house plants now, too. :anguished:

And thanks about the planters. There are several of them and I just love them.
  • wasa1971wasa1971 Posts: 2,144
    Hi everyone. It’s taken me a few days to have the fortitude to come here again. It’s with a broken heart and tears streaming down my face that I write this. My beautiful Downey has passed away. We discovered she was full of cancer at the young age of 8. Never ever did I think it would be so hard. She was my happiness at the end of a difficult day. My constant companion, who never judged only showered me with love. She was my walking partner, my motivator and the ear of many conversations. I miss her eyes peeking over then end of my bed, the surprise visits while in a bubble bath, the excitement when she would hear the leash or asked if she wanted to go for a car ride. I’m so sad; she truly was my best friend.
    Rest in peace Downey. Until we meet again.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    wasa1971, I am truly sorry for your loss. It is never easy to lose a furry loved one. :hug:
    ELITIST FUK
    I'm so sorry, wasa. She looks like she was a big lug of a sweetheart.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Also very sorry, was. What a sweetheart. I bet she's having a great time with all her doggie friends from the forum in doggie heaven and I hope she meets Ernst, Keiko, and Brian. It's super hard to lose a pet you love so much. She was very lucky to have you.
    Oh, Wasa, I'm so sorry to hear about Downey :bawling: . She was a beautiful dog. We've lost two dogs and it's just about the worst thing to bear. Please believe me when I tell you things will get better...very slowly but surely. I hope the following can bring you some comfort:

If you’ve ever loved an animal, there are three days in your life you will always remember. The first is a day, blessed with happiness, when you bring home your new friend. You may have spent weeks deciding on a breed. You may have asked opinions of many friends or done research finding a breeder. Or, in a fleeting moment, you may have chosen that silly looking mutt at the shelter, simply because something in its eyes reached your heart. But when you bring that chosen pet home, and watch it explore…when you feel it brush against you for the first time, it instills a feeling of pure love you will carry with you through many years to come.

The second day will occur years later. It will be a day like any other. Routine and unexceptional. But, for a surprising instant, you will look at your longtime friend and see age where you once saw youth. You will see slow deliberate steps where you once saw energy. You will see sleep where you once saw activity. You will begin to adjust your friend’s diet and you may add a pill to her food. And, you may feel a growing uneasy feeling until the third day arrives.

On this day, if your friend or your higher being has not decided for you, then you will be faced with making a decision of your own on behalf of your lifelong friend. Whichever way your friend leaves you, you will feel as alone as a single star in the dark night.

If you are wise, you will let the tears flow freely as they must. If you are typical, you will find that not many family and friends will be able to understand your grief. But, if you are true to the love of the pet you cherished through many joy-filled years, you may find that a soul, smaller in size than your own, seems to walk with you at times, during the lonely days to come. At those moments when you least expect anything out of the ordinary, you may feel something brush against your leg. And, looking down at the place where your dear friend used to lie… you will remember those three significant days. The memory will be painful. As time passes, the ache will come and go. You will reject it and embrace it and it may confuse you. If you reject it, it will depress you. If you embrace it, it will deepen you. Either way, it will still be an ache.

But, there will be a fourth day when, along with the memory of your pet, and piercing through the heaviness in your heart, there will come a realization that belongs only to you. It will be as unique and strong as our relationship with the pet we have loved and lost. This realization takes the form of a Living Love, like the heavenly scent of a rose. This Love will remain and grow, and will be there for us to remember. It is a love we have earned. It’s the legacy our pets leave us when they go… and it’s a gift we keep with us as long as we live. And until we leave, perhaps to join our beloved pets, it is a Love we will always possess.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    piper and her best buddy sasha. the next pics I post will most likely be in the snow!

photo IMG_0864_zpsxruidbp9.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • wasa1971wasa1971 Posts: 2,144
    Thank you for the kind words, and Rob your post brought me to tears yet again. I truly can't remember ever being this sad. I will visit here often and take joy in the fact that you all have such love in your life.
    so sorry to hear about downey :(
    norm said:

True Love

It was a hard day.
    Full of frustrations;
    The world succeeded
    In beating me down
    No matter how hard I fought.
    Home at last,
    I opened the door
    To your admiring, loving face,
    And kisses like I'd been gone
    A lifetime.
    Warm caresses, healing love--
    I felt the cares of the world
    Slide off my back.
    I held you in my arms
    And only love and happiness
    Surround me.
    and I remembered
    Why I love, so much,
    Coming home...
    You're such a good little dog.

my mom found that somewhere and passed it to me.......to all the dogs past and present......you're good little dogs.....:)