~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I like how the squeaky carrot always seems to be showing his bum to the camera.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    norm said:

no way can i compete with the above cuteness so here's a random act of rage from norm

Scout has started pulling these. I think he's protecting me from some awful threat that only he knows about.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890

norm said:

no way can i compete with the above cuteness so here's a random act of rage from norm

Scout has started pulling these. I think he's protecting me from some awful threat that only he knows about.
    Piper started backing like a maniac the other night. the neighbor's gate was open. it wasn't even swinging or anything.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    truth is, this wasn't random...there is a lizard on the wall...he was staring at it for about 10 seconds before i told him to get it and then i recorded :lol:
    norm said:

truth is, this wasn't random...there is a lizard on the wall...he was staring at it for about 10 seconds before i told him to get it and then i recorded :lol:

I think I've mentioned that a long time ago we had a dog that would go after lizards. She would jump up trying to get them. Funny to watch her. One day she caught a great big one and killed it, then brought it up to us sitting on the porch. :sick:

The other day Scout found a dead one in the yard and was playing with it. :sick::sick:

So go, Norm! I didn't realize so many dogs had a thing for lizards.
  • petrimppetrimp Posts: 161
    Simba got a new toy couple of weeks ago:

It's definitely become his favorite thing ever :dog::smile:
    hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...
    Piper would have that toy looking raggedy in a couple of MINUTES!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    Poncier said:

PJSiren said:

My hubby sent me this first pic yesterday, it's my Dog Autzen, my cat Beans and Puppy Pearl....they were all snuggled on the couch sleeping...

Beans looks like he is saying "help, get me the F out of here, they have me pinned"
    hahaha Beans looks like my cat Grey when I catch him showing emotion to my dog Ed...hahahah awesome... or thats the IM TRYING TO SLEEP pissed off look. haha
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    "good game, huh dad?"

photo IMG_0105_zpsqt19fpgj.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

Piper would have that toy looking raggedy in a couple of MINUTES!

Are you referring to the dog or the bear? :confused:;)
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    petrimp said:

Simba got a new toy couple of weeks ago:

It's definitely become his favorite thing ever :dog::smile:
    So cute. Both the dog and the toy.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

norm said:

I think I've mentioned that a long time ago we had a dog that would go after lizards. She would jump up trying to get them. Funny to watch her. One day she caught a great big one and killed it, then brought it up to us sitting on the porch. :sick:

The other day Scout found a dead one in the yard and was playing with it. :sick::sick:

So go, Norm! I didn't realize so many dogs had a thing for lizards.
    norm LOVES going after lizards...never catches them but still tries
    imalive said:

"good game, huh dad?"

photo IMG_0105_zpsqt19fpgj.jpg

I have the same picture on my wall.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Hey, no crocs!

(yes, I appreciate the cuteness but noticed that too)
    hedonist said:

Hey, no crocs!

(yes, I appreciate the cuteness but noticed that too)

crocs are basically the "take the dog to pee/poop shoes".....contrary to popular belief.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    ha

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

Time for more cuteness. Keeping an eye on things.

Waiting on Dad.

VERY cute! They get small when they curl up, huh?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    This thread is so nice to visit when you need a moment of cuteness. I love when they sit in the sun. And their tummies get all warm.
    imalive said:

VERY cute! They get small when they curl up, huh?

Yeah, it always makes me want to pick him up and cuddle him. :heart:
    thanks, don't it make you smile !

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

5 days and no posts.... hi to all the puppies

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS said:

5 days and no posts.... hi to all the puppies

Let's correct that with a post then:

Simba went to a dog show on weekend. Poor little guy has been quite sleepy since. Tiring business to meet other dogs apparently.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    http://www.petsmart.com/dog/stress-anxiety-relief/sentry-good-behavior-calming-pheromone-dog-collar-zid36-5136406/cat-36-catid-100061?_t=pfm=shopping_cart&pfmvalue=title

anyone ever use something like this? a behavior calming dog collar? it apparently has pheromones that mimics what a mother dog does to calm her puppies. kasey is a hell of a pooch but she gets so anxious and crazy when people come over. now we have a newborn nephew so I'm just trying to think of ways to help her cope with the stress of people in our house.

any thoughts on this or something else to try?
    www.myspace.com

http://www.petsmart.com/dog/stress-anxiety-relief/sentry-good-behavior-calming-pheromone-dog-collar-zid36-5136406/cat-36-catid-100061?_t=pfm=shopping_cart&pfmvalue=title

anyone ever use something like this? a behavior calming dog collar? it apparently has pheromones that mimics what a mother dog does to calm her puppies. kasey is a hell of a pooch but she gets so anxious and crazy when people come over. now we have a newborn nephew so I'm just trying to think of ways to help her cope with the stress of people in our house.

Some dogs do not do well with the collars, they have skin irritation and I know your pup has really short hair. you can try it, but I would prefer to use the DAP collar over the Sentry (I cannot stand that company-lots of lawsuits due to safety and product labeling, they are a part of the Hartz/Seargent's brand)

I would try: http://www.amazon.com/3PACK-VetriScience-Composure-BiteSized-Chews/dp/B00943T1OK/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1445979538&sr=8-12&keywords=composure+calm

^^^this worked really well for my dog

or

http://www.amazon.com/Bach-LA-AM-FU-Rescue-Remedy-20ml/dp/B00016QT7Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445979670&sr=8-1&keywords=rescue+remedy

best of luck!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

Some dogs do not do well with the collars, they have skin irritation and I know your pup has really short hair. you can try it, but I would prefer to use the DAP collar over the Sentry (I cannot stand that company-lots of lawsuits due to safety and product labeling, they are a part of the Hartz/Seargent's brand)

I would try: http://www.amazon.com/3PACK-VetriScience-Composure-BiteSized-Chews/dp/B00943T1OK/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1445979538&sr=8-12&keywords=composure+calm

or

http://www.amazon.com/Bach-LA-AM-FU-Rescue-Remedy-20ml/dp/B00016QT7Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445979670&sr=8-1&keywords=rescue+remedy

best of luck!
    thanks for the tip. yeah she does have short hair so that is a good point. I was also looking into chews or treats that I can give her. those worked for your pooch? did you notice a difference when you first started using them and how long does it take to start working?

www.myspace.com

RKCNDY said:

or

best of luck!
    thanks for the tip. yeah she does have short hair so that is a good point. I was also looking into chews or treats that I can give her. those worked for your pooch? did you notice a difference when you first started using them and how long does it take to start working?

I gave the Composure to my dog daily-he was just overly excited-took maybe 2 weeks to really see a difference. The rescue remedy is the same way, you need to give it for a while before you notice a difference-you can put that in her water, she won't notice. It doesn't have sedative effects, it 'takes the edge off', if that makes sense.

- Christopher McCandless
    I never thought about Rescue Remedy for a pet - I know it works for me. Ha ha. We had a super hyper dog and never really did anything, just let her be super hyper. I wish we'd tried something. Lisa the dog is almost too mellow, I need to give her doggie uppers.
    Enkidu said:

I never thought about Rescue Remedy for a pet - I know it works for me. Ha ha. We had a super hyper dog and never really did anything, just let her be super hyper. I wish we'd tried something. Lisa the dog is almost too mellow, I need to give her doggie uppers.

Yeah I don't really want to do something....but my wife's family, especially her mom, are not really dog people and her sister just had a baby and they are always around. So I feel like we gotta do something to calm her down when they are over our house----today I just found out they are all coming over on Halloween. Kasey is gonna be nutso!

I couldn't find the Composure at Petsmart so I got these GNC calming chewables. Who knew GNC made pet stuff?
    www.myspace.com
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    edited October 2015
    My singing hound...

https://youtu.be/OUDtSplhjwY
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on