~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,886
    nukeboot wrote:
    I had to put my beloved Aussie down last weekend.
    Jesse was a very special dog and will be very missed.

I put together a Flickr album of his best pictures and thought I would share them here.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/53344877@N03/sets/72157624806463212/show/

JesseFalls.jpg
    really, really sorry for your loss :cry: . It looks like you gave Jesse a wonderful life. It'll take time (I know) but one day you'll be able to think about Jesse and smile :D .......rather than cry :cry: . Hang in there!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    gracie......recuperating after a stellar round of frisbee catching :mrgreen:

IMG_3010.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    So my mother's brother... the one i had mentioned some time ago who bought the pitbull X and can barely take care of his husky X shepherd, for lack of a better term is an idiot and pretty much puts the family to shame he's so embarassing and gross. He's the one we 'd rather not talk about.... if ya know what I mean.

Anyways, he's in the slammer (again) and his 2 dogs are left abandoned at his place just sitting in the front yard. My cousin -one of his as of late alienated sons- rides over as much as he can every day to walk and feed them... but the neighbours are starting to ask questions and i'm worried they're going to be picked up by the pound.

They obviously have never been trained, because the guy is too lazy to train his dogs properly. We went over to drop off some dog food at the house for my cousin to feed them. I wish I could take them to mine but my mom won't let me bring them home tempoarily and train them. And my cousin's mother is extremely ill and is in no position physically or financially to take care of the poor mutts.

They're friggin menaces though, even sammi had no idea what to make of them. It was like a child of royalty and well manners sitting in a living room, being pushed over and nipped and barked at by wild children who never learned how to function properly. But its totally not their fault...and I mean look at these faces
    buck-1.jpg
    so cute! i mean they were really loveable they just needed a little guidance...
    The big one is Buck, the Husky Shepherd, and the other one is "Girlie" - yes, he was SO fucking lazy, he didnt evn give her a name, and just kept calling her GIRL.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    and here's myyyy princess 8-)
    sammi-1-1.jpg
    imalive wrote:
    gracie......recuperating after a stellar round of frisbee catching :mrgreen:

IMG_3010.jpg
    gorgeous as always miss gracie
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    haffajappa wrote:
    So my mother's brother... the one i had mentioned some time ago who bought the pitbull X and can barely take care of his husky X shepherd, for lack of a better term is an idiot and pretty much puts the family to shame he's so embarassing and gross. He's the one we 'd rather not talk about.... if ya know what I mean.

Anyways, he's in the slammer (again) and his 2 dogs are left abandoned at his place just sitting in the front yard. My cousin -one of his as of late alienated sons- rides over as much as he can every day to walk and feed them... but the neighbours are starting to ask questions and i'm worried they're going to be picked up by the pound.

They obviously have never been trained, because the guy is too lazy to train his dogs properly. We went over to drop off some dog food at the house for my cousin to feed them. I wish I could take them to mine but my mom won't let me bring them home tempoarily and train them. And my cousin's mother is extremely ill and is in no position physically or financially to take care of the poor mutts.

They're friggin menaces though, even sammi had no idea what to make of them. It was like a child of royalty and well manners sitting in a living room, being pushed over and nipped and barked at by wild children who never learned how to function properly. But its totally not their fault...and I mean look at these faces
    buck-1.jpg
    so cute! i mean they were really loveable they just needed a little guidance...
    The big one is Buck, the Husky Shepherd, and the other one is "Girlie" - yes, he was SO fucking lazy, he didnt evn give her a name, and just kept calling her GIRL.

So sad. Why do some people get pets? At the German Shepherd rescue place where we got our new puppy Brian, we read all these terrible bios of dogs at the shelter - they get pregnant, they get dumped on the freeway. They get bigger, they get booted from their house. People move, leave their pets there - just leave them. And I can't even think about the physical abuse.

We're already thinking of adopting an older dog.

Buck and "Girlie" are really cute, it's such a waste.
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    So sad when people get dogs only to leave them outside 24/7. My own sister has two dogs that only come inside on the coldest days of the year. My dogs are my family...they are my fur kids.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Not great pics - but my too babies together, Hal (13), Molly (13 weeks) :D

100822_131017.jpg
    100822_130956.jpg
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Claireack wrote:
    Not great pics - but my too babies together, Hal (13), Molly (13 weeks) :D

100822_131017.jpg
    100822_130956.jpg
    Nice babies! :D
    Where were those pics taken?
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    nukeboot wrote:

I put together a Flickr album of his best pictures and thought I would share them here.

JesseFalls.jpg
    Great pictures. I am so sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful dog!

Good boy, Jesse! RIP :(
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561

Surprise view, overlooking Bassenthwaite lake in Cumbria. It's a lovely place, we were there last weekend on the anniversary of my brother-in-laws death. It's where his ashes are scattered.
    Claireack wrote:

Surprise view, overlooking Bassenthwaite lake in Cumbria. It's a lovely place, we were there last weekend on the anniversary of my brother-in-laws death. It's where his ashes are scattered.
    What a beautiful place to memorialize someone dear.

Your post made me look up Cumbria and some of the scenery is astonishing. So many fascinating places to visit. I'll have to add some of them to the ever growing list of places where my prince and I should go when we make our trip to England (someday). :think: :thumbup: :wave:
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    nukeboot wrote:

JesseFalls.jpg

:(

RIP Jesse

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Trix had a vet visit today, he said the pred is working. Just a little growth in one of her bumps, thats what i call them. Same weight as last time. Next visit in 2 weeks.

PEACE

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Trix had a vet visit today, he said the pred is working. Just a little growth in one of her bumps, thats what i call them. Same weight as last time. Next visit in 2 weeks.

PEACE
    Good news! Hang in there, both of you. :thumbup:
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Hi everybody! Here is a new puppy I want to introduce to this thread. His name is "DOOBY" and he belongs to a family member of someone very special to me. He is a CUUUUTE Boston Terrier! Look at that FACE!!!!! :D
    DOOBY1.jpg
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • SENROCK wrote:
    Hi everybody! Here is a new puppy I want to introduce to this thread. His name is "DOOBY" and he belongs to a family member of someone very special to me. He is a CUUUUTE Boston Terrier! Look at that FACE!!!!! :D
    DOOBY1.jpg
    Cute! That's what I'm gonna get eventually.
    NERDS!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    SENROCK wrote:
    DOOBY1.jpg
    I also see some paws to grow into! So cute he is!! :D
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,718
    Bum leg and all, Cleo still treed a raccoon on a telephone pole last night!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Sammiblanket.jpg
    Its SUPER rainy today and I am sittin inside with a pumpkin spice latte and little miss sleepy head.
    we covered her with a blanket so she can stay cozy ;)
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    nukeboot wrote:

JesseFalls.jpg

I'm sorry I didn't see this until now _ Jesse was so beautiful, and what adventures you had together.

I hope you're doing all right. Such a terrible loss for you...

(((hug)))
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    norm wrote:

I wish I could dance as well as that dog... :lol:

No, really. :lolno:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    nukeboot wrote:

JesseFalls.jpg
    I'm very sorry to hear about Jesse.

((hugs))
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    nukeboot wrote:

JesseFalls.jpg

I'm very sorry to hear about this. :( Goodbyes are never easy, especially to our best friends who have no comprehension of judgment.

Jesse was truly a beautiful dog, and those are some priceless pictures to you I'm sure. My condolences to your loss, but you have the upper hand as you actually lived with and knew the lovely Jesse. :)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

PEACE
    awesome news, ron!!!!! :mrgreen: :thumbup:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    do any of you try to get your doggy to bark by barking at them??? i do and got in trouble from cjs human for doing so. so now i do it when shes not around. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    first, the good news....we're in a new house and a talented buddy of mine welded up a gate so that gracie cannot escape our front porch...and she would if she could :roll: ! anyway, she loves it out there....just watching the world go by :mrgreen: .

IMG_3011.jpg

IMG_3012.jpg

now...the possibly bad news :cry: . gracie developed a lump on her back paw. we went to the vet today and they were a little baffled. at first the vet said it didn't feel like a tumor but later said it might be one. so they took her in back for xrays....the xrays didn't show anything (I kinda wish they had) so they aspirated to check for mast cells (cancer). we waited.....and waited.....and waited, all the time thinking the worst. then, in walks the HEAD vet....i'm thinking "oh god, no" but she said she saw no mast cells and they're usually pretty easy to see :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: . she also said it's a good sign that this lump is not on the same leg as gracie's cancerous tumor. anyway, we still don't really know whats up. we've got her on rimadyl and we'll keep an eye on her. We could use some good vibes. I really don't think we could take another cancer diagnosis. :cry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • imalive wrote:
    IMG_3012.jpg

now...the possibly bad news :cry: . gracie developed a lump on her back paw. we went to the vet today and they were a little baffled. at first the vet said it didn't feel like a tumor but later said it might be one. so they took her in back for xrays....the xrays didn't show anything (I kinda wish they had) so they aspirated to check for mast cells (cancer). we waited.....and waited.....and waited, all the time thinking the worst. then, in walks the HEAD vet....i'm thinking "oh god, no" but she said she saw no mast cells and they're usually pretty easy to see :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: . she also said it's a good sign that this lump is not on the same leg as gracie's cancerous tumor. anyway, we still don't really know whats up. we've got her on rimadyl and we'll keep an eye on her. We could use some good vibes. I really don't think we could take another cancer diagnosis. :cry:
    Good vibes officially sent your way! :D
    Stay strong, Gracie, and keep enjoying the view! :thumbup: