~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Hey everybody! Remember "bernie mac"that belongs to my friend? Here is little bernie on a nice day out wine tasting and shopping with family! :D
    bernie2.jpg

bernie1.jpg
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    and here is lil matan guarding the newly framed poster! :lol:
    mattenkoala.jpg

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    mickeyrat wrote:
    4906372862_640fbb33af.jpg

Cleo after her visit to the vet a couple weeks ago.

please scratch my belly ;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    haffajappa wrote:
    You can buy PET insurance?

I was told by Petey's Cardiologist....don't even bother...it doesn't cover ANY of the Diseases that are prevalent in Dobermans. After my two Dobe's go....it will be mutts for me. This inherited diseases that purebred dogs have is insane.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    PJaddicted wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

I was told by Petey's Cardiologist....don't even bother...it doesn't cover ANY of the Diseases that are prevalent in Dobermans. After my two Dobe's go....it will be mutts for me. This inherited diseases that purebred dogs have is insane.

I totally disagree with your Cardiologist

The Insurance covers a lot of things including basic check ups..you have to do your research and see what exactly is covered and not..The Insurance we have the dog has to be put on I think before the age of 4 or 5

We have had everything covered for Bailey including when he was fixed we got 60% of the cost back

I still think its worth it because we have saved a lot of money over the years with it

It may not cover Hereditary disorders but it still helps with costs
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

The Insurance covers a lot of things including basic check ups..you have to do your research and see what exactly is covered and not..The Insurance we have the dog has to be put on I think before the age of 4 or 5

We have had everything covered for Bailey including when he was fixed we got 60% of the cost back

I still think its worth it because we have saved a lot of money over the years with it

i apologise for this being off topic but brians a dog so it isnt really. anyways...

.. you know whats weird about your avatar PP???

not the fact that brian is spanking lois, cause thats totally feasible.. but that cleveland is sitting on the sofa whilst this is going on. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

i apologise for this being off topic but brians a dog so it isnt really. anyways...

not the fact that brian is spanking lois, cause thats totally feasible.. but that cleveland is sitting on the sofa whilst this is going on. :lol:

He's a Voyeur...he likes to watch

:D

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

He's a Voyeur...he likes to watch

:D

dont we all?? ;):lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Molly went on her first run in a field! She absolutely loved it, although struggled with the length of the grass and had be wrestled off a pile of cow poo she was intent on eating. She's completely cream crackered now and is conked out on my knee :D
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    PJaddicted wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

You have to remember....I don't do shots and I don't neuter. My dogs are basically raised and kept holistically. 100 % Raw fed, no vaccinations, no heart worm or flea prevention, and not neutered. Petey is 3...it would have covered basically NOTHING. I do titers when he attends a training class to be sure his vaccination levels are ok. He has not had a shot since he was a puppy and all are still in protective levels. I heart-worm test to be sure he hasn't gotten the disease. I don't buy into all the chemicals they have us putting into our dogs.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,717
    ok. three weeks later with no improvement. Cleo will need to have the ACL repaired, now to find the money.

man, I'll tell you, shes still the same happy go lucky , always so happy to see you dog. Hasn't let the leg slow her down on bit. She's learned to hold it up and slightly forward when she takes off. And she does take off. Such a joy to be a friend of this dog. Cracks me up.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    haffajappa wrote:
    norm wrote:
    first thing i did when i got norm was get insurance
    is it like human insurance where the companies weasel their way out of paying? 8-)

We had nothing but bad luck with pet insurance. It sucks and unless you have money laying around, it's just not worth it - at least in Canada, it's not worth it. Vets sell it because they make a SPIFF from it (like a commission). It's more for the purebred registered set anyway. We had PetPlan and they were horrible about everything. Many nasty letters later, we finally got reimbursed for four years of treatment after two years of letter-writing and we had to agree to never get pet insurance again... Canadian insurance has much different regs than the US, so yeah, they stick it to ya good here. Not something I'd ever recommend to a friend. They go through your pet's vet history with a fine tooth comb and if there's something that your animal has been treated for before (like a broken limb or an upset stomach), you'll never get that covered if it happens again. It's a shame really. Think of the pet insurance industry in Canada like it's run by ICBC... :roll:

Anyway, aside from that - I am glad to hear that the ill doggies are doing well - and I'm sorry about the ones that aren't do well. All we can do is love our doggies and take care of them to the best of our ability, and keep them happy and as close to our hearts as possible. :D
    be philanthropic
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    mickeyrat wrote:
    ok. three weeks later with no improvement. Cleo will need to have the ACL repaired, now to find the money.

man, I'll tell you, shes still the same happy go lucky , always so happy to see you dog. Hasn't let the leg slow her down on bit. She's learned to hold it up and slightly forward when she takes off. And she does take off. Such a joy to be a friend of this dog. Cracks me up.

You might want to look into this and see if your Cleo a candidate for it. I seen a story on one of our vets shows here yesterday. I'll try to find it. It gave the dogs in the story a new lease on life.

http://www.cellmedicine.com/australia-dog-tricks.asp
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    haffajappa wrote:
    norm wrote:
    first thing i did when i got norm was get insurance
    is it like human insurance where the companies weasel their way out of paying? 8-)

We had nothing but bad luck with pet insurance. It sucks and unless you have money laying around, it's just not worth it - at least in Canada, it's not worth it. Vets sell it because they make a SPIFF from it (like a commission). It's more for the purebred registered set anyway. We had PetPlan and they were horrible about everything. Many nasty letters later, we finally got reimbursed for four years of treatment after two years of letter-writing and we had to agree to never get pet insurance again... Canadian insurance has much different regs than the US, so yeah, they stick it to ya good here. Not something I'd ever recommend to a friend. They go through your pet's vet history with a fine tooth comb and if there's something that your animal has been treated for before (like a broken limb or an upset stomach), you'll never get that covered if it happens again. It's a shame really. Think of the pet insurance industry in Canada like it's run by ICBC... :roll:

Anyway, aside from that - I am glad to hear that the ill doggies are doing well - and I'm sorry about the ones that aren't do well. All we can do is love our doggies and take care of them to the best of our ability, and keep them happy and as close to our hearts as possible. :D

I'll keep that in mind :shock:
    Sammi's almost 10 now so I doubt she'd even be able to get covered for anything anyways hahaha
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Did i mention we're taking sammi camping tomorrow?
    Weeeeee sooo excited!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    mickeyrat wrote:

Awwww, Cleo... does your vet have a payment plan? The Late, Great Seamus had TPLO surgery. I think when all was said and done it cost us about $2,200. That was 9 years ago. But the last 6 years of his life were spent on a stable leg, so it worked out well for us.

Don't you just love their attitude? Nothing's going to get her down!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    haffajappa wrote:
    Did i mention we're taking sammi camping tomorrow?
    Weeeeee sooo excited!

Lucky Sammi! Have a great time! Make sure to post photos.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    mickeyrat wrote:

Awwww, Cleo... does your vet have a payment plan? The Late, Great Seamus had TPLO surgery. I think when all was said and done it cost us about $2,200. That was 9 years ago. But the last 6 years of his life were spent on a stable leg, so it worked out well for us.

that still seems to be the going rate. But , theres this group here that has an office and does a mobile clinic with two trucks , offering a wide range of services. ACL surgery will run between 550 -800. Also looking into that "carecard"? basically a medical credit card? my cousin has one , but i'm going to try and ge it myself.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I love this thread - how we support each other when we have sick dogs or lose dogs. Or post great pictures of our dogs doing cute things. What is better than a dog? Not much.

So after losing our wonderful Ernst and Keiko, we've gotten a new puppy. Wow. Puppies are really cute, duh. And they poop a lot. And not always in a place where you'd like. But that's okay, our back yard has a dog in it again and we're happy.

This is Brian. 11 weeks old, a German Shepherd.

photo-1.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    welcome brian!!

backyards should always be filled with doggies!!

:mrgreen:
    Enkidu wrote:
    I love this thread - how we support each other when we have sick dogs or lose dogs. Or post great pictures of our dogs doing cute things. What is better than a dog? Not much.

So after losing our wonderful Ernst and Keiko, we've gotten a new puppy. Wow. Puppies are really cute, duh. And they poop a lot. And not always in a place where you'd like. But that's okay, our back yard has a dog in it again and we're happy.

photo-1.jpg

Hello Brian Snugglepuppy! Clearly dreaming of the wonderful days ahead...
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Enkidu wrote:

photo-1.jpg

Hi Brian, a little sleepy huh...

ahhhhhhhhh

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

Enkidu wrote:

photo-1.jpg

Awwwww...I've always loved German Shepherds

The only dog named Brian I knew of was the one in my Avatar ;):o:D

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Enkidu wrote:

photo-1.jpg
    So sweet.
    All tired out from playing with his new family! :D
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    norm wrote:
    welcome brian!!

Couldn't say it better myself....

Puppies are adorable - and german shepard pups are hilarious with their stick together ears and big paws! :D

Congrats!!
    be philanthropic
    norm wrote:
    welcome brian!!

Couldn't say it better myself....

Puppies are adorable - and german shepard pups are hilarious with their stick together ears and big paws! :D

Congrats!!

That made me go back and look at the pic again _ my God, those are some ginormous paws Brian has!!! It must be nice to be able to walk on water.
    norm wrote:
    welcome brian!!

and their poop!! :mrgreen:

mickeyrat wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

that still seems to be the going rate. But , theres this group here that has an office and does a mobile clinic with two trucks , offering a wide range of services. ACL surgery will run between 550 -800. Also looking into that "carecard"? basically a medical credit card? my cousin has one , but i'm going to try and ge it myself.

You know, the vet still couldnt believe shes 8-9 yrs old.
    It looks as if I'll need to use my cousins card. just need to write a check to her monthly.

Enkidu wrote:

photo-1.jpg

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Enkidu wrote:

photo-1.jpg
    adorable, love the name choice :mrgreen: it will be wonderful to watch him grow up here :D