~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    pandora wrote:
    Thanks for the hugs, I'll give him one from you too :) DR. Toole has a big heart but I'm not sure he would do a house call. He's been our vet for almost 20 years though so maybe worth asking. Thanks for your kindness
    Pandora, do ask him. I didn't realize that my vet would make a house call until one of my dogs reached the end of her days. My vet told me that it was important to him to say goodbye to her, too, since he had cared for her all her life. :angel:
    thank you I will, I hope he will consider it, Charlie never liked going to see the vet but he's well liked there.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    pandora wrote:
    Our Charlie has had some back problems since mid life but it has now worsened the last couple weeks. He is 13.
    His back legs don't seem to be getting the message to go, walking is pretty difficult. We have put up his ramps and are carrying him now for the stairs. Last night we all laid in bed listening to his labored breathing wondering if the time is nearing. Debating a vet trip Sat but he doesn't seem to be in pain so we don't know if we want to put him through all that. He is very tired now.
    CIMG1322.jpg
    my boy, I found him at the pound 13 years ago, he is my pound puppy.
    Dogs are a gift from God, I only wish they lived longer. It seems like yesterday he joined the family and now we are looking at saying goodbye.

what a sweetie...big hugs form norm and i {{hugs}}
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Hug from Molly and me too.

Although she was a little naughty this afternoon and broke out of the yard - managed to tempt her back with some food thank goodness.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Claireack wrote:
    Hug from Molly and me too.

Although she was a little naughty this afternoon and broke out of the yard - managed to tempt her back with some food thank goodness.

I love that...when my dog goes crazy at the dog park, the only thing that gets him to come back is "HEY WANNA COOKIE?!?" :lol::lol::lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    lots of love to Petey, Charlie and Trix. Awesome photo's of Petey and Charlie the old timer. Charlie's got that wise old man look about him.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    We thank you all for your hugs and good thoughts CIMG0815.jpg
    Chuck during happier days relaxing in Mama's chair :D
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    pandora wrote:

Sorry Pandora, i know how much this sucks. There's really no words that can help. :cry:
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    PJaddicted wrote:
    We are back to life. Trying to live it one day at a time.

DSC03232.jpg

Hugs for all of you!!!

I know i said this before, but damn Petey is such a stud. And look at Monty, he is growing so fast looking like his brother ;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

pandora wrote:
    Our Charlie has had some back problems since mid life but it has now worsened the last couple weeks. He is 13.
    His back legs don't seem to be getting the message to go, walking is pretty difficult. We have put up his ramps and are carrying him now for the stairs. Last night we all laid in bed listening to his labored breathing wondering if the time is nearing. Debating a vet trip Sat but he doesn't seem to be in pain so we don't know if we want to put him through all that. He is very tired now.
    CIMG1322.jpg
    my boy, I found him at the pound 13 years ago, he is my pound puppy.
    Dogs are a gift from God, I only wish they lived longer. It seems like yesterday he joined the family and now we are looking at saying goodbye.

:(
    As someone else said, you can see he has a great soul!!!

very big hugs for you guys, you know the ones you don't want to let go of!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

If i get my lazy azz around to it, i will post some pictures of Trix tonight. Been taking a few whenever i get a chance.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    If i get my lazy azz around to it, i will post some pictures of Trix tonight. Been taking a few whenever i get a chance.
    Looking forward to it!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Here are some recent pictures of Trix.

Getting a treat, yes i tried like 5 times to get this picture right. Trix was not complaining. ;)

TrixJuly-Aug20106.jpg

She likes the roses. I just think that heart shape spot tells it all about her!!!

TrixJuly-Aug20105.jpg

TrixJuly-Aug20104.jpg

Giving me those puppy dog eyes

TrixJuly-Aug20102.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Here are some recent pictures of Trix.
    TrixJuly-Aug20104.jpg
    Nice pics of Miz Trix! :thumbup:
    This one ^^^ looks like she's on yard patrol.
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Love the pictures of Trix!! Keep em coming!

ox
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Love the pictures of Trix!! Keep em coming!

ox
    557452613_1975079699_0.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,886
    pandora wrote:
    this is a great one....I remember the first time you posted it :mrgreen:

I hope it's not charlie's "time" but, if it is, I'll bet your doc would come to your house. when we had to put shelby down :cry: her doc said "I'll meet you at the office"....i said i really didn't want to put her thru that...she had begun to dread the place as her health declined. long story short, Dr. Scott postponed his plan to drive to san diego that day and euthanized shelby at our house. it was him, me, my wife and a friend all bawling as shelby passed on :cry: . bad as it was, I'm sooooooooo glad he made that house call.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

TrixJuly-Aug20104.jpg

glad you got off your "lazy azz" :lol::mrgreen: :wave:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I've already talked to my vet about coming to my house too. He usually doesn't do that, but said he would for Petey.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    I've already talked to my vet about coming to my house too. He usually doesn't do that, but said he would for Petey.
    is it coming to that? :cry::cry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    this is a great one....I remember the first time you posted it :mrgreen:

I hope it's not charlie's "time" but, if it is, I'll bet your doc would come to your house. when we had to put shelby down :cry: her doc said "I'll meet you at the office"....i said i really didn't want to put her thru that...she had begun to dread the place as her health declined. long story short, Dr. Scott postponed his plan to drive to san diego that day and euthanized shelby at our house. it was him, me, my wife and a friend all bawling as shelby passed on :cry: . bad as it was, I'm sooooooooo glad he made that house call.
    What a wonderful story, wonderful vet. So kind.
    JB had made the appt by the time we talked last eve. He took Charlie this am, Doc Toole said he's not going anywhere and needs his annual, which he got and some pain meds for his legs. It is arthritis like Unlost Dogs mentioned. I'm hoping it's not his time yet, we lost Jake 2 years ago this month, I swear I'm still feeling that, time goes so fast and its so hard to say goodbye.
    That is also my favorite pic of Charlie, it is just so Charlie. He is just the sweetest little guy with baby seal eyes. :D Love him up extra tonight
    pandora wrote:
    What a wonderful story, wonderful vet. So kind.
    JB had made the appt by the time we talked last eve. He took Charlie this am, Doc Toole said he's not going anywhere and needs his annual, which he got and some pain meds for his legs. It is arthritis like Unlost Dogs mentioned. I'm hoping it's not his time yet, we lost Jake 2 years ago this month, I swear I'm still feeling that, time goes so fast and its so hard to say goodbye.
    That is also my favorite pic of Charlie, it is just so Charlie. He is just the sweetest little guy with baby seal eyes. :D Love him up extra tonight
    I'm so glad Charlie is still with you. I'm sure the arthritis meds will help.
    Yes, it's always hard to say goodbye to our fur-kids. At least Charlie will have some more time to get all that extra loving!
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    I don't come into this thread often but I wanted to share about Kendra. She was the sweet dog of one of my best friends. Great Big Akita that loved her stuffed elmo toy. She passed tonight and my friend is heartbroken. Knew it was coming but it's never easy.
    You are loved Kendy!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
    PJPixie wrote:
    I don't come into this thread often but I wanted to share about Kendra. She was the sweet dog of one of my best friends. Great Big Akita that loved her stuffed elmo toy. She passed tonight and my friend is heartbroken. Knew it was coming but it's never easy.
    You are loved Kendy!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

imalive wrote:
    PJaddicted wrote:
    is it coming to that? :cry::cry:

If the Pimobendan doesn't work, he is getting pretty close to Congestive Heart Failure. The disease has now started to enlarge the other side of his heart. He is now a candidate for sudden death too, which honestly is how I hope he goes, then he doesn't have to suffer for one minute. This disease progresses differently for each dog, so we never know how fast or what to expect. He could wake up tomorrow and be in CHF, coughing and unable to breathe. I will not let my big beautiful boy suffer. This f**king disease is so unfair.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    PJPixie wrote:
    You are loved Kendy!
    :cry:
    RIP Kendy.
    PJaddicted wrote:
    If the Pimobendan doesn't work, he is getting pretty close to Congestive Heart Failure. The disease has now started to enlarge the other side of his heart. He is now a candidate for sudden death too, which honestly is how I hope he goes, then he doesn't have to suffer for one minute. This disease progresses differently for each dog, so we never know how fast or what to expect. He could wake up tomorrow and be in CHF, coughing and unable to breathe. I will not let my big beautiful boy suffer. This f**king disease is so unfair.
    In Texas we are always thinking good thoughts and wishing the best for you and Petey.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    The new puppies are here!!!!
    What a great weekend, filled with fights (by the dogs), my kids (3 kids vs 2 dogs), my daughter who was sick and could not hold a puppy till after their shots (try keeping puppies away from a 4 year old :? ) and all sorts of poops and pees in my kitchen :lol:

But they are so wonderful and have great personalities that it doesn't matter... The family feels whole and I love holding them so much...

Logan and Eddie V
    LoganandEddie.jpg

Cole and Oliver J
    ColeandOliver.jpg

Mac and Oliver J
    MacandOllie.jpg

Eddie V asleep in the cutest position
    EddieSleeping.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    The new puppies are here!!!!
    What a great weekend, filled with fights (by the dogs), my kids (3 kids vs 2 dogs), my daughter who was sick and could not hold a puppy till after their shots (try keeping puppies away from a 4 year old :? ) and all sorts of poops and pees in my kitchen :lol:

But they are so wonderful and have great personalities that it doesn't matter... The family feels whole and I love holding them so much...

Logan and Eddie V
    LoganandEddie.jpg

Cole and Oliver J
    ColeandOliver.jpg

Mac and Oliver J
    MacandOllie.jpg

Eddie V asleep in the cutest position
    EddieSleeping.jpg

Boy, that's a boatload of cuteness in the Black Diamond family.

Happy kids and puppies, now that's a bright spot on a gloomy Monday morning.

Eddie V looks quite a bit darker than Oliver _ is that the case, or is it the lighting? Either way, all are adorable... kids and pups.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Don't want to be outdone on the cuteness by BD, so here's little Molly;

DSCN0560_259.jpg

:D