~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    In case you don't already have a particular puppy in mind, there will always be one here when you're ready: http://www.petfinder.com/

:D

That's where I found Norm.:)
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    In case you don't already have a particular puppy in mind, there will always be one here when you're ready: http://www.petfinder.com/

That is where Mason came from! We are going for a pure bred puppy...one final time. My last three were all rescues Howard, Uno and Mason.....all adults with issues. I lost them all in the last 17 months....my heart feels empty with out a dog to share it with. I may do a rescue after the pup....I LOVE HAVING TWO DOGS!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    PJaddicted wrote:
    That is where Mason came from! We are going for a pure bred puppy...one final time. My last three were all rescues Howard, Uno and Mason.....all adults with issues. I lost them all in the last 17 months....my heart feels empty with out a dog to share it with. I may do a rescue after the pup....I LOVE HAVING TWO DOGS!

oxc

Getting a second dog made our first (Copper ---> http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=67351232&imageID=1343439238) so much happier. I love watching them play with each other.

After everything you have been through, I can understand wanting to get a pure bred from a healthy blood line.
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
    Getting a second dog made our first (Copper ---> http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=67351232&imageID=1343439238) so much happier. I love watching them play with each other.

After everything you have been through, I can understand wanting to get a pure bred from a healthy blood line.

Yes....I'm hoping the next one gets to be OLD with me! Masons death was just too tragic, I'm having nightmares and flash backs. No one on the face of this earth deserves to suffer as much as he did his final day. I'm working with a breeder who won't give you your AKC papers until you give her a spay/neuter certificate! She only breeds to good blood lines.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    I'm working with a breeder who won't give you your AKC papers until you give her a spay/neuter certificate! She only breeds to good blood lines.

oxc

That's good to hear. You need a healthy pup.:D
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    PJaddicted wrote:
    My house no longer seems like a home....I am actively searching for a Red Male Dobie puppy.....MY DREAM DOG! Keep your fingers crossed, say a little prayer or send me some good vibes. There is a litter of puppies due today only minutes from my house. Tomorrow is my Dad's 2nd anniversary in Heaven and Uno's 3 month....I take that as a good sign to get one....if there is one available....most to all of the puppies could be spoken for already...they won't know for sure until they see what they get in the litter! 8 weeks from now we could have a new baby.

I miss my boys more then I ever thought possible....they gave me far more then I ever gave them, the love still fills my heart. I am learning that they are only on loan to us for a short part of our lives....but there is always another one waiting to love you.

oxc

i hope you get your wish!
    any dog is lucky to have a home in your heart.
    :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k300/patrickpjfan/gizmo.jpg

My 5 yr old shitzu/terrier Gizmo. I got him when he was 6 months old. He already was used to his name so I left it. I'm sure I would have done something PJ related. lol He has brought me so much love and happyness. He came into my life almost a yr after the passing of my last dog, Mandy. I didn't think I could love and be happy with another dog. He changed that right away. I still miss Mandy, but Gizmo or Mr. Giz as he is called when he does something naughty. He is a wonderful dog that I love so much.

Dogs rule:D
  • My poochers has her own myspace hehe

http://www.myspace.com/schmoopydog
  • BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r249/oceansmichelle/Autumn-1.jpg

Couple of cuties at the top. Autumn (the black miniture Schnauzer is the sweetest loviest little doggie.

The third photo is one of the top amazing experiences in my life thus far. A dogsledding adventure in the Rocky Mountians in Colorado last February. It was surreal and peaceful. The dogs were so loud and impatient to get going but as soon as the driver unhitched the lead pure silence. I was able to ride on the back with the driver and help lead the dogs.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r249/oceansmichelle/Ourdriverandteam.jpg
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn
    DSC00884.jpg

My boys Uno and Mason who both passed away in the last 4 months

DSC08456.jpg

My new baby Petey.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • My poochers has her own myspace hehe

http://www.myspace.com/schmoopydog

Lola is such a cutie!!!
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    16weeks.jpg

Petey today....16 weeks and 40 pounds! Poor guy had his ears done by the breeder....we have to retape them every 4 days....it is not fun for him or us, I would never do that to a dog, seems like it must have been very painful. Petey was 10 weeks when we got him and his ears were done when he was only 7 weeks. They don't bother him at all now....we just can't wait until they stand on their own...and the taping is OVER!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    16weeks.jpg

Petey today....16 weeks and 40 pounds! Poor guy had his ears done by the breeder....we have to retape them every 4 days....it is not fun for him or us, I would never do that to a dog, seems like it must have been very painful. Petey was 10 weeks when we got him and his ears were done when he was only 7 weeks. They don't bother him at all now....we just can't wait until they stand on their own...and the taping is OVER!

oxc

Poor guy. What's the point of the ears thing? Although in that picture, with the tape it looks like he has antennas. :D

Here's Norm with a little mud on his face. :)

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/DSC02109_2.jpg
    cutback wrote:
    Poor guy. What's the point of the ears thing? Although in that picture, with the tape it looks like he has antennas. :D

Norm is a cutie pie!!!

It is for a certain look, and he has the xtra long "show" cut. There is a pet and milatary cut too. His was to be a show dog, the breeder would like me to meet him in MD next month and show him in puppy class....it's not for me. I just wanted the best well bred dog I could buy...less chance of health problems...with what I went through with Uno and Mason...you can understand why. I will adopt again...and face the same problems again. My heart says give a needy dog a slice of heaven....my heart and home. Anyway...it is very cruel to cut the ears. He actually has tampons in his antennas!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Norm is a cutie pie!!!

It is for a certain look, and he has the xtra long "show" cut. There is a pet and milatary cut too. His was to be a show dog, the breeder would like me to meet him in MD next month and show him in puppy class....it's not for me. I just wanted the best well bred dog I could buy...less chance of health problems...with what I went through with Uno and Mason...you can understand why. I will adopt again...and face the same problems again. My heart says give a needy dog a slice of heaven....my heart and home. Anyway...it is very cruel to cut the ears. He actually has tampons in his antennas!

oxc

It's cruel to "alter" dogs like that.

You deserve a dog without any health problems. But I can see why you will eventually adopt another needy dog. You have such a big heart. Maybe one day I will do the same but I only want one healthy dog now.

Tampons huh? Not gonna go there. ;):D:D
    cutback wrote:
    It's cruel to "alter" dogs like that.

You deserve a dog without any health problems. But I can see why you will eventually adopt another needy dog. You have such a big heart. Maybe one day I will do the same but I only want one healthy dog now.

Tampons huh? Not gonna go there. ;):D:D

Yes....it is cruel....worries me sometimes....how much pain did he endure before we got him.....tail cut at like 3 days old and then the ears. So sad. I just love Dobies though....my dream dog for the last 24 years! I finally have him! I keep having to pinch myself....I can't believe he is my dog! Then he does something that makes me say....what was I thinking?! When Mason had to be put down so suddenly....Petey was the only male Red Dobie that I could find in my area, we still drove 2.5 hours...and paid...HUGE MONEY. Hubby always said I will never pay for a dog...after the hell I went through with both deaths....and my constant tears....he said...what ever you want!! Right now....Petey loves him best....that will change in time! ;-)

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k300/patrickpjfan/gizmo.jpg

Been a crazy day here with the weather and my dog Gizmo. He has a tumor on his left ear and it kinda got worse today. Trying to keep him from rubbing or scatch his ear. Nothing I can do until Monday morning.
    http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k300/patrickpjfan/gizmo.jpg

Been a crazy day here with the weather and my dog Gizmo. He has a tumor on his left ear and it kinda got worse today. Trying to keep him from rubbing or scatch his ear. Nothing I can do until Monday morning.

He's a good lookin' pup. Sorry to hear about the tumor. Hope he's ok.
  • bookmusebookmuse Posts: 277
    http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k300/patrickpjfan/gizmo.jpg

What a sweetie! Poor Gizmo - hoping all goes well Monday. Once, one of my cats got really sick on a weekend and it was tortue waiting until Monday. That is the hardest thing to go through, your pet or little kid being sick and knowing they can not rationalize why they feel this way and you can't make it better. There are positive thoughts flowing East your way as well as snow.
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn
  • cutback wrote:
    He's a good lookin' pup. Sorry to hear about the tumor. Hope he's ok.

Thanks for the comment. Yea that's his summer look. Now he's a big fur ball. heh My other dog had a tumor also on the ear. It's not that difficult to take it off. But they have to keep him over nite for observation. Monday is gonna be rough dropping him off. I'll be thinking about him all day. I have a great vet, short little guy that knows his shit. Glad he's doing it.
  • bookmuse wrote:
    What a sweetie! Poor Gizmo - hoping all goes well Monday. Once, one of my cats got really sick on a weekend and it was tortue waiting until Monday. That is the hardest thing to go through, your pet or little kid being sick and knowing they can not rationalize why they feel this way and you can't make it better. There are positive thoughts flowing East your way as well as snow.

Yea another 11 inchs of snow by tomorrow morning. 9 inchs fell last nite. It's a winter wonderland outside. Thanks for the positive thoughts. I'm sure Gizmo says thank you also. :) He finally layed down and is sleeping now.
    Petey today.....17 weeks and 43 pounds.....I sure hope he grows into his ears! Vet said that shouldn't be a problem....looks like he is going to end up close to 100 pounds!

17weeks.jpg

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • http://www.myspace.com/schmoopydog

(the background music is the same music that plays in my little pea-brain)
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    I've been out hiking with Petey the last three days....he loves it and so do I. I am soooo happy that I got him during the Winter, because now he is old enough to join me for hiking and vacations. I'm totally in love with this puppy. He is 18 weeks and 47 pounds....growing like cazy!

DSC08523.jpg

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    cutback wrote:

That one with your dog running circles is great!!! Lukin fits it so well too.

So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • MishralMishral Posts: 211
    This could be the best thread I´ve ever seen.
    I love pictures of cute dogs!

Or actually any pet almost.. But still!
    :)
    "The things you own will end up owning you"
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    cutback wrote:

NORM LOOKS SOOOOO GORGEOUS!!!!
    IVE GOT ALOT OF CATCHING UP TO DO IN THIS THREAD!!!! :eek:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!