~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955

This stick was more her size

IMG_1034.jpg
    i was just about to ask where this was but i saw the word tofino somewhere in the image links...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,878
    drsluggo wrote:
    Here's my weekly photo. I wanted to use something for my facebook profile that had a white background so I used me l33t Microsoft Paint skills to get it that way (which is why it looks kinda horrible!). :)

chopsbearssm.jpg

Plus my arm was holding the hat up, so that had to get taken out as well to keep the illusion going...

lost in all the technotard talk was your awesome shot of chops. I think you did an great job in paint...the hat conforms perfectly :thumbup: . gotta get one of Gracie, in a Giants lid. :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977

IMG_1034.jpg

what a beautiful pic!

i shot a few more doggie pics over the weekend, such cuties! and yea....haven't uploaded em yet. :oops:
    idk wtf is my problem lately, hell, the last YEAR :P ....i take pics but never get em on the computer! :lol: or sure, dump em on the hard drive, but don't organize em, don't get a few shots up on photobucket, etc. i really need to get on the ball..... :?
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    imalive wrote:
    lost in all the technotard talk was your awesome shot of chops. I think you did an great job in paint...the hat conforms perfectly :thumbup: . gotta get one of Gracie, in a Giants lid. :mrgreen:
    The hat actually was on his head... I was just photoshopping out my arms holding it on his head (and the mess in the background my wife didn't want me putting online). :lol:
    drsluggo wrote:
    The hat actually was on his head... I was just photoshopping out my arms holding it on his head (and the mess in the background my wife didn't want me putting online). :lol:

sometimes, the mess is the background is pretty damn funny. :mrgreen:

a few years back (and this is NOT urban legend) a guy photo'ed something for an ebay listing. In the listing, you could see the guy, reflected in a mirror, BUTT ASS NAKED :lol::lol::lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:

a few years back (and this is NOT urban legend) a guy photo'ed something for an ebay listing. In the listing, you could see the guy, reflected in a mirror, BUTT ASS NAKED :lol::lol::lol:
    Yes - I recall that picture ever so well. And if I remember correctly he was not in the best of shape... hah.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958

IMG_1034.jpg

what a beautiful pic!

i shot a few more doggie pics over the weekend, such cuties! and yea....haven't uploaded em yet. :oops:
    idk wtf is my problem lately, hell, the last YEAR :P ....i take pics but never get em on the computer! :lol: or sure, dump em on the hard drive, but don't organize em, don't get a few shots up on photobucket, etc. i really need to get on the ball..... :?

Thanks d2d :D I know what you mean about getting stuff done. I've had to struggle to get things done the past year and a half as well :? :)

And yes, haffajappa, you are correct, the picture was take on Long Beach :P
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    drsluggo wrote:
    imalive wrote:

Yes - I recall that picture ever so well. And if I remember correctly he was not in the best of shape... hah.
    Hm, funny you should mention this. I saw a collection of ebay pictures not long where people had gotten reflections of themselves without meaning to. At least I hope they weren't meaning to. :think: :silent:

Here's where they are collected. (Warning! NSFW)

http://home.comcast.net/~nss_rba/ebay_found_photos.htm

Scroll down for the reflection photos.

OK, sorry for hijacking my favorite thread! :oops: :oops:
    Back to doggies! :thumbup: :wave:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Need some help.....I don't think I'm going to have the stem cell implantation procedure done on Petey. I've gotten a few emails from Dobe friends who believe it is far too early to work. That we would be wasting our time driving 1100 miles each way to have it done. It is only a study. Here is a link about it. http://news.health.ufl.edu/2010/9300/co ... condition/

Right now I have an upper respiratory infection, and it seems double ear infection too, I flew yesterday and can't hear anything right now. If anything...I don't know that I can do all that driving alone being so sick. I'm suppose to leave Friday morning.

I do want to switch Cardiologists and find one who will be a bit more aggressive with the meds, and has a better bed side manner. I have several Dobe friends who got years out of their dogs will aggressive medication.

Let me know what you all think.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Need some help.....I don't think I'm going to have the stem cell implantation procedure done on Petey. I've gotten a few emails from Dobe friends who believe it is far too early to work. That we would be wasting our time driving 1100 miles each way to have it done. It is only a study. Here is a link about it. http://news.health.ufl.edu/2010/9300/co ... condition/

Right now I have an upper respiratory infection, and it seems double ear infection too, I flew yesterday and can't hear anything right now. If anything...I don't know that I can do all that driving alone being so sick. I'm suppose to leave Friday morning.

I do want to switch Cardiologists and find one who will be a bit more aggressive with the meds, and has a better bed side manner. I have several Dobe friends who got years out of their dogs will aggressive medication.

After reading the article I'm a little confused. It says the treatment is for early stage disease but your friends are saying it's too early for Petey. What's considered to be the optimum treatment stage? Is there some kind of test or clinical marker that determines when this kind of treatment begins?

That said, I would also be reluctant to drive 1100 miles when you're sick. Operating a car for an extended time when you're not feeling well can be dangerous and is definitely tough on the body. You might have a harder time getting over your URI and ear infections. Doesn't sound like a very pleasant trip to me, even though I know you weren't doing it for relaxation.

Absolutely change doctors. When you're dealing with something so serious (or any other health problem with a pet), you need to feel as comfortable with your vet as you do with your family care physician. I think I'd be looking for a doc with the things you mentioned as well as somebody who is really up on the research and listens to you and your concerns. The same kind of doc as you'd want for YOUR OWN doctor.

Don't know if this was any help but I want to add that we are thinking about Petey here in Texas, sending him good vibes and our wishes that he gets the ideal care. And take care of yourself and get better soon!
    PJaddicted wrote:

I hear what you're saying...........but I don't know what else you can do. This DCM is some terrible stuff :cry: . Even if the stem calls don't save Petey, the research you take part in might save another pet owner and their/your favorite breed from going through what you've been faced with.

I'll keep you guys in my thoughts.

P.S. I can't believe whoprincess changed her avatar! :shock:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    I hear what you're saying...........but I don't know what else you can do. This DCM is some terrible stuff :cry: . Even if the stem calls don't save Petey, the research you take part in might save another pet owner and their/your favorite breed from going through what you've been faced with.
    I agree with this. One of the great values of clinical trials is that they not only benefit the participants, they have the potential to benefit so many others in the future.

But if you're feeling too sick to make the trip, don't make yourself sicker by attempting it. A URI isn't just a cold. I had a very bad URI in February and was sick for over a week, including couldn't-get-out-of-bed sick for 4 days.
    imalive wrote:
    P.S. I can't believe whoprincess changed her avatar! :shock:
    Am I that predictable? :think: :roll:
    I just thought it was a nice pic of Ed and Pete at last month's Quad show at the RAH. :thumbup: (No, I was not there. :( )
    Everybody should recognize my tiara by now, so when you see me at a Who show you can just come up and say hi. :wave:
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Need some help.....I don't think I'm going to have the stem cell implantation procedure done on Petey. I've gotten a few emails from Dobe friends who believe it is far too early to work. That we would be wasting our time driving 1100 miles each way to have it done. It is only a study. Here is a link about it. http://news.health.ufl.edu/2010/9300/co ... condition/.
    This might seem like a really dumb suggestion, but maybe see if you can talk to someone at the place you might have this done at and see what they think about the article and Petey's age/etc? I'm sure they'll still push their program, but maybe they could give you some more concrete reasons why its a good time to do it?

I only say that because we dealt with second/third opinions when our dog tore a ligament in his knee and they all gave differing opinions.

At the end we just had to figure out who we trusted and go with our gut anyway since they all were different, which is why I know its kind of a stupid thought. :)
    PJaddicted wrote:

Awww man, that is really a hard decision.
    You really never know though, just because it is one study doesn't mean it might not be the study... And like Rob said you guys might be a part of something that will help other people not have to go through what you are going through. I guess that may not ease your decision making but its something to think about.

Perhaps there are other professionals you can consult for suggestions?
    I watched an awesome program tonight on PBS called Through a Dog's Eyes. It was about service dogs, how they are trained and how they are matched to people with different disabilities. :angel:
    http://www.pbs.org/dogs-eyes/film#

It made me cry!
    Ok....trying to reschedule for June. UofF is 1100+ mile drive for me each way, and I'm going alone, well not completely alone...with my baby Petey. There is no way I'd try to make the drive tomorrow with this URI and not sleeping for so many months. My new game plan is to get myself healthy, get him to the cardiologist and started on a medication that from all I've been reading is buying lots of time, 3 or 4 vet schools are doing trials with it right now. I will then make the trip down to FL in June and do the procedure. I will have to pay for all post stem cell implantation check-ups at a vet hospital 100 miles from my house, because I don't want to stop using heart meds, after care is only free if he isn't on meds, and that is what has been scaring me. There is no proof that the stem cells will do anything, but meds do help some dogs get years of quality life. I am already over $2000 into this fatal disease since December, and things at work are very slow right now. The meds I want to put him on are going to run more then $120 a month, 24 hour holters are $400 a pop and Echos are $550 and cardiologist consultations are $275. Reality is..if business doesn't pick up soon....I work for my hubby so there is no other money coming in, things are going to get rough. I have four sons too....right now three are in college. I love Petey, but have to look at the reality of the situation too.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    PJaddicted, thinking good thoughts for you and Petey!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    How's Gracie and Petey doing?
    Sending some (((((((( love & good vibes )))))))) to both ;):D

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Ok....trying to reschedule for June. UofF is 1100+ mile drive for me each way, and I'm going alone, well not completely alone...with my baby Petey. There is no way I'd try to make the drive tomorrow with this URI and not sleeping for so many months. My new game plan is to get myself healthy, get him to the cardiologist and started on a medication that from all I've been reading is buying lots of time, 3 or 4 vet schools are doing trials with it right now. I will then make the trip down to FL in June and do the procedure. I will have to pay for all post stem cell implantation check-ups at a vet hospital 100 miles from my house, because I don't want to stop using heart meds, after care is only free if he isn't on meds, and that is what has been scaring me. There is no proof that the stem cells will do anything, but meds do help some dogs get years of quality life. I am already over $2000 into this fatal disease since December, and things at work are very slow right now. The meds I want to put him on are going to run more then $120 a month, 24 hour holters are $400 a pop and Echos are $550 and cardiologist consultations are $275. Reality is..if business doesn't pick up soon....I work for my hubby so there is no other money coming in, things are going to get rough. I have four sons too....right now three are in college. I love Petey, but have to look at the reality of the situation too.
    I'm glad you're waiting until you get well. I was concerned about you doing all that driving plus the emotional stress.

Those are hard choices you're looking at. Things like Petey's illness always seem to come at the worst time, not that there's ever a good time. From having been there with some of my fur-kids, my unsolicited advice would be don't agonize over your treatment decisions once you've made them. You'll do what's best for Petey and your family, I'm confident. You'll make your decisions based on all available information and on love, so they are bound to be the right decisions for everyone concerned.

Hoping for good things for Petey! :thumbup:
    I watched an awesome program tonight on PBS called Through a Dog's Eyes. It was about service dogs, how they are trained and how they are matched to people with different disabilities. :angel:

It made me cry!

I watched it too. You know, most of those dogs were not Super Dog.....some of them were a bit goofy, like Gracie. More than switching off lights or picking up cell phones, they mostly helped their people by.......being dogs! :mrgreen:

I got a little misty, too. :oops:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    PJaddicted, thinking good thoughts for you and Petey!!!

likewise!
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
    I feel 100000000% Better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I called the cardiologist that will be giving Petey his post stem cell check-ups if we do them, what a wonderful caring man!!!! We have a appointment for Tuesday to get a new Echo cardiogram and he will help me to decide when and if I should do the stem cells!!! I feel as though a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. The Dr. asked ME if I was ok???!!! I started balling and said NO I hate this stupid disease! He was so kind and compassionate that right then and there I decided no matter what...he is Petey's doctor from now on. He is the cardiologist for my Dobe friend who is also a veterinarian, her dog Rah also has DCM, his is worse then Petey's but he is older. So he must be good!!!

ALSO....GUESS WHO IS GOING TO SEE PJ??????? ME! I had decided I wasn't going to see any of the shows, after being shut out of all sales for MSG, and surprise...NJ pops up! WOW do I have a guardian angel or what????
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    PJaddicted wrote:
    I feel 100000000% Better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I called the cardiologist that will be giving Petey his post stem cell check-ups if we do them, what a wonderful caring man!!!! We have a appointment for Tuesday to get a new Echo cardiogram and he will help me to decide when and if I should do the stem cells!!! I feel as though a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. The Dr. asked ME if I was ok???!!! I started balling and said NO I hate this stupid disease! He was so kind and compassionate that right then and there I decided no matter what...he is Petey's doctor from now on. He is the cardiologist for my Dobe friend who is also a veterinarian, her dog Rah also has DCM, his is worse then Petey's but he is older. So he must be good!!!

ALSO....GUESS WHO IS GOING TO SEE PJ??????? ME! I had decided I wasn't going to see any of the shows, after being shut out of all sales for MSG, and surprise...NJ pops up! WOW do I have a guardian angel or what????

maybe Petey has connections among the bands dogs? :mrgreen:
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Glad you got GOOD news, PJADDICTED. Re Petey and PJ!!!
    take care....
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Good news about PJ and petey lol
    hopefully petey pulls through... good luck to you both!!
    PJaddicted wrote:

That's great news - and isnt it amazing what a difference a truly caring doctor can make? We had to switch vets because it just seemed like the vet was too brief/short/something weird that we just didn't like. Found another one through a friend and it was like ... WOW... this is what a Vet should be like!

And also great news on the PJ show! Just waiting 30 more minutes to give it a shot over here... :)

Sending good vibes for Petey-- sounds like you're in great hands!
    So my brother has been having a lot of parties lately and sammi gets nervous with all the strange ppl around, and my mom has been bringing her upstairs into the bedrooms (a place she is usually not allowed ot go)

Anyways, I thought, well... If she can come up then why not anytime? So i snuck her up into my bedroom and she slept on my bed last night - something I've never let her do before but have always wanted to. But it was super cute!!

DSC_0534.jpg
    haffajappa wrote:

DSC_0534.jpg

Sammi is so effing cute! :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    here's an older one from the vault:

IMG_2648.jpg

I finally got a cell phone with a camera (sent my first text, too :roll: ). If I can figure this fucking thing out....look out doggie thread!!!! :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

It made me cry!

I watched it too. You know, most of those dogs were not Super Dog.....some of them were a bit goofy, like Gracie. More than switching off lights or picking up cell phones, they mostly helped their people by.......being dogs! :mrgreen:
    Yeah, I liked that about it. I think you could take the title different ways but one of them was that the people were a lot happier after they got their dogs and learning how to see things "through a dog's eyes." :thumbup:
    imalive wrote:
    I finally got a cell phone with a camera (sent my first text, too :roll: ). If I can figure this fucking thing out....look out doggie thread!!!! :mrgreen:
    I'm only 2 years ahead of ya! Takes me forever to send a text, then my friends reply in milliseconds! :lol: :oops: