~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    imalive wrote:
    here's an older one from the vault:

IMG_2648.jpg

I finally got a cell phone with a camera (sent my first text, too :roll: ). If I can figure this fucking thing out....look out doggie thread!!!! :mrgreen:

facebook next right???? :P
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,878
    PJaddicted wrote:
    imalive wrote:

I finally got a cell phone with a camera (sent my first text, too :roll: ). If I can figure this fucking thing out....look out doggie thread!!!! :mrgreen:

facebook next right???? :P

:think: ..................... I doubt it.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    imalive wrote:

IMG_2648.jpg

gone with the wind.
    run lassie ruN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    haffajappa wrote:
    Anyways, I thought, well... If she can come up then why not anytime? So i snuck her up into my bedroom and she slept on my bed last night - something I've never let her do before but have always wanted to. But it was super cute!!

DSC_0534.jpg

Awesome!!!!! :D

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

imalive wrote:

IMG_2648.jpg

Imagine that :lol::lol::lol:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    haffajappa wrote:
    So my brother has been having a lot of parties lately and sammi gets nervous with all the strange ppl around, and my mom has been bringing her upstairs into the bedrooms (a place she is usually not allowed ot go)

Anyways, I thought, well... If she can come up then why not anytime? So i snuck her up into my bedroom and she slept on my bed last night - something I've never let her do before but have always wanted to. But it was super cute!!

DSC_0534.jpg

amazing how they sleep so soundly on your bed? My girls have their beds, I have mine but they get invites to my bed occasionally. ;)
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
    Whizbang wrote:
    they get invites to my bed occasionally. ;)

who doesn't? :shock: :lol::lol::lol:

sorry....you put it on a tee. ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    imalive wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:
    they get invites to my bed occasionally. ;)

who doesn't? :shock: :lol::lol::lol:

sorry....you put it on a tee. ;)

HOWLING!!!

If he's invited, he's a lucky boy.... ;)
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    haffajappa wrote:
    DSC_0534.jpg

Aww, adorable haffajappa :P

PJaddicted, great news about Petey getting treatment from the cardiologist and about the PJ tickets :)
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    imalive wrote:

IMG_2648.jpg

Lovin' the action picture :D

Here's a few of Nikita making a friend on the beach

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop

IMG_0893.jpg

[/color]
    lol! this looks like master and servant!!
    "Yes your majesty"
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Well it's a long weekend here for ANZAC day and my brothers family has gone camping, which means we are doggysitting my nephews dog, Ben, a 2.5 yo golden retriever. He and Rufus get along well until feed time....then the fur flies! I have to lock Rufus on the patio to eat and Ben gets fed in the carport...if they can't see each other it's all ok. Then when they have finished I have to get rid of any left overs straight away or there'll be fights!! Ben hasn't wasted time getting dirty either, within 15mins of being dropped of he found some dirt to roll in...feral!! :lol:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    haffajappa wrote:
    So my brother has been having a lot of parties lately and sammi gets nervous with all the strange ppl around, and my mom has been bringing her upstairs into the bedrooms (a place she is usually not allowed ot go)

DSC_0534.jpg
    I love doggie noses :D
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    What a great thread! PJ and dogs, I've found my new favorite place.

Question: How are you posting your photos? I would love to share some of my three dogs.

Embarrassing moment this morning: Folks bought the house behind us two years ago. We live in a densely populated area and our second-floor deck looks down into our yard and into the neighbor's yard and porch. Two years ago when they moved in our dogs were in the yard and I looked down at them and said, "Sailor! Don't pee on your sister!" as our Lab was lifting his leg on puppy Tessie. Next thing I saw was the neighbor woman look up at me, startled, then she turned and scurried into her house. I'm pretty sure she thought at the time that we have a kid named Sailor and he's out there peeing on his sister. We've never exhanged words _ I think she works odd hours, and we're away a lot of weekends.

Fast forward to this morning. I open the slider, all three dogs go running out to do their business. Then Sailor and Sweet Pea come running back in. No Tessie. I'm running late and have their food all ready, but since I feed them all at the same time I'm waiting for her. I go out to the deck, look down, and she's got her nose buried in something under one of the bushes. I said, sounding snippy (I'm really not a morning person), "Excuse me! What do you think you're doing?" Then I see the neighbor woman who unbeknownst to me was apparently sorting trash on her deck, look up and stare at me _ she turned immediatly and trotted into her house. My jaw dropped and I just gaped. I couldn't even think of what to say (see, I told you I'm not a morning person).

:oops:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)

IMG_0893.jpg

awesome!! I can only imagine how much fun Gracie would have at the beach with Nikita :mrgreen: .
    Well it's a long weekend here for ANZAC day and my brothers family has gone camping, which means we are doggysitting my nephews dog, Ben, a 2.5 yo golden retriever. He and Rufus get along well until feed time....then the fur flies! I have to lock Rufus on the patio to eat and Ben gets fed in the carport...if they can't see each other it's all ok. Then when they have finished I have to get rid of any left overs straight away or there'll be fights!! Ben hasn't wasted time getting dirty either, within 15mins of being dropped of he found some dirt to roll in...feral!! :lol:

I hope you have a camera and are going to share some pictures of the sleepover ;) ! Gracie is just the opposite....she eats BETTER when there is another dog eating nearby. It's like she's in a competition to see who can finish first :lol: . And also, she doesn't want to leave even one little kibble for someone else!

Question: How are you posting your photos? I would love to share some of my three dogs.

Welcome to "the best thread in the message pit"! This is where you come for your "all positive; no bitching" fix :mrgreen: (although there is sadness here :cry: ). Your stories cracked me up. Speaking for the others :mrgreen: , we do want to see Sailor, Sweet Pea and Tessie. I upload my pictures to photobucket and copy and paste the url into here. Hit "quote" on any post with pictures and you'll see how we do it (don't quote whizbang, tho...she's a technotard :lol: ). one more thing...set photobucket (or flickr or whatever) to import your pictures at 480 x 640...bigger won't work. Confused? we'll get you thru it. Welcome!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Lots of great pictures the last 24 hours -- keep it up everyone! :D

My only story today is that our dog has found a bunny nest in the yard so we have to constantly watch him when he goes out and chase him away when he goes near. The sad thing is he doesn't want to eat them, but he thinks he can play with them. It's really sad since he's 110lb and they are like 8 ounces? But he just kind of swats at them and then when they run he just chases them around. He's never tried to bite/eat them... so either he really wants to play or he is one cruel pup.

Either way... until those friggin bunnies get out of that nest I have to run security for them. And what kind of bunny puts a nest in a yard with a ginormous dog? Because they do it 2-3X a year!
    th_WeavePoleChallengesept08.jpg

Sailor the Labrador Retriever. Love of my life. Otherwise known as "Sir Full Of Himself."

th_JumpingPea4.jpg

Sweet Pea the Treeing Walker Coonhound. Best running buddy ever.

th_Tessie.jpg

Tessie the All American. Slays me with those big round eyeballs.

Okay, here goes _ I hope I did this right!
    :?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)

you did, indeed :thumbup: .

What a cool looking "family."

You might import them a little bigger (up to 480 x 640) ;)

Gracie and I are off to the park. Maybe I can figure out my new camera phone :roll: .

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I have to figure out how to change the import size _ will work on that!

Have fun at the park. We're off for a weekend agility trial in which Mr. Sailor may earn his second championship and Tessie will hopefully conquer the weave poles. Sweet Pea, who is indifferent at best to competition, will nap in the car and complain about having to travel with the Nitwit Lab and the Evil Puppy when she'd much rather stay home and enjoy the view from the couch.

(Nitwit Lab and Evil Puppy are her descriptions, not mine. I think they're all wonderful and really quite funny...
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L53sAVRZ ... r_embedded

http://www.examiner.com/x-1028-Pet-News ... fire-Video

German Shepherd dog leads Alaska State Troopers to fire

Amazing video from the dashboard camera of an Alaska State Trooper's vehicle shows how a dog led the trooper through snowy roads to a fiery blaze that had erupted at his owner's property.

The raw video, distributed by the Associated Press, shows Buddy the German Shepherd dog waiting by the side of a main road on a dark and cold night. As soon as Buddy sees the trooper's headlights, the dog takes off running down a smaller road, leading the trooper's car down the right path at each fork in the road to where the fire is blazing.

The incident occurred on April 4. Buddy and his owner, 23-year-old Ben Heinrichs, were in the family workshop when a heater ignited chemicals and the workshop burst into flames, reports the AP.

"I just told him, 'We need to get help,' and then that's the last time I seen him," Heinrichs told the News-Tribune. "I didn't train him or nothing. He just took off and went and did what he did. ... He was just being a good dog."

It's a good thing Buddy sprung into action because trooper Terrence Shanigan, who was responding to the call about a fire, was having trouble with his vehicle's global positioning system, which wasn't working properly, reports the News-Tribune. "Shanigan, who almost took the long way around the neighborhood, came across Buddy on Caswell Loop Road," reports the News-Tribune. "The dog took off, and acting on a hunch, Shanigan followed the dog down a side road." Amazing!

Heinrichs survived the fire with minor flash burns to his face, reports the AP. Buddy will receive a special award today from the Alaska State Troopers: an engraved silver-plated dog bowl.
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,191
    I had two dogs, Buster a black lab and Koda miniature dachshund.

We put Buster down a few weeks ago.. toughest thing ever did..

he was 16
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."

Embarrassing moment this morning: Folks bought the house behind us two years ago. We live in a densely populated area and our second-floor deck looks down into our yard and into the neighbor's yard and porch. Two years ago when they moved in our dogs were in the yard and I looked down at them and said, "Sailor! Don't pee on your sister!" as our Lab was lifting his leg on puppy Tessie. Next thing I saw was the neighbor woman look up at me, startled, then she turned and scurried into her house. I'm pretty sure she thought at the time that we have a kid named Sailor and he's out there peeing on his sister. We've never exhanged words _ I think she works odd hours, and we're away a lot of weekends.

Fast forward to this morning. I open the slider, all three dogs go running out to do their business. Then Sailor and Sweet Pea come running back in. No Tessie. I'm running late and have their food all ready, but since I feed them all at the same time I'm waiting for her. I go out to the deck, look down, and she's got her nose buried in something under one of the bushes. I said, sounding snippy (I'm really not a morning person), "Excuse me! What do you think you're doing?" Then I see the neighbor woman who unbeknownst to me was apparently sorting trash on her deck, look up and stare at me _ she turned immediatly and trotted into her house. My jaw dropped and I just gaped. I couldn't even think of what to say (see, I told you I'm not a morning person).

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L53sAVRZUE4&feature=player_embedded

http://www.examiner.com/x-1028-Pet-News ... fire-Video

German Shepherd dog leads Alaska State Troopers to fire

Amazing video from the dashboard camera of an Alaska State Trooper's vehicle shows how a dog led the trooper through snowy roads to a fiery blaze that had erupted at his owner's property.

The raw video, distributed by the Associated Press, shows Buddy the German Shepherd dog waiting by the side of a main road on a dark and cold night. As soon as Buddy sees the trooper's headlights, the dog takes off running down a smaller road, leading the trooper's car down the right path at each fork in the road to where the fire is blazing.

The incident occurred on April 4. Buddy and his owner, 23-year-old Ben Heinrichs, were in the family workshop when a heater ignited chemicals and the workshop burst into flames, reports the AP.

"I just told him, 'We need to get help,' and then that's the last time I seen him," Heinrichs told the News-Tribune. "I didn't train him or nothing. He just took off and went and did what he did. ... He was just being a good dog."

It's a good thing Buddy sprung into action because trooper Terrence Shanigan, who was responding to the call about a fire, was having trouble with his vehicle's global positioning system, which wasn't working properly, reports the News-Tribune. "Shanigan, who almost took the long way around the neighborhood, came across Buddy on Caswell Loop Road," reports the News-Tribune. "The dog took off, and acting on a hunch, Shanigan followed the dog down a side road." Amazing!

Heinrichs survived the fire with minor flash burns to his face, reports the AP. Buddy will receive a special award today from the Alaska State Troopers: an engraved silver-plated dog bowl.
    "I just told him, 'We need to get help,' and then that's the last time I seen him," Heinrichs told the News-Tribune. "

holy lassie.
    i love dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Theovl316 wrote:

he was 16
    :( :( :(
    that's so tough...
    but 16 is a great long life (:

hang in there!!
    imalive wrote:

Gracie and I are off to the park. Maybe I can figure out my new camera phone :roll: .

:problem: with the operator.... :lol::lol::lol:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

unlost dogs, glad you made it over here!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

by the way... samm i and are
    BUSTED!

she snuck into my room again last night and this morning my mom was wondering where she was... she opened my door at 5am and found out our little secret. *gaaasp* "WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE"
    Sammi had to do the walk of shame down the stairs.

this won't be the end
    . 8-)
    DSC_0531.jpg
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    That is amazing!
    GOOD DOG!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Theovl316 wrote:

he was 16
    I'm so sorry. Buster will live on in your heart.

You've come to the right thread. Many of us have been through that experience. :cry:
    th_WeavePoleChallengesept08.jpg

Sailor the Labrador Retriever. Love of my life. Otherwise known as "Sir Full Of Himself."

th_JumpingPea4.jpg

Sweet Pea the Treeing Walker Coonhound. Best running buddy ever.

th_Tessie.jpg

Tessie the All American. Slays me with those big round eyeballs.

Welcome to the best thread!

I love seeing dogs do agility. I've never done it but I train and show dogs in obedience.