~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    GO GRACIE!!!!!!!!!!!
    <3<3<3
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I need to get some pictures to post, but in the meantime I have some not-so-great quality youtube vids of Chops swimming this weekend. My parents wanted to see it so we took some digi-cam vids of it... for those who need to kill a few minutes. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jGxA8IaF6Q - Swimming for a stick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlR21uPN7Yc - Rolling around afterwards

There are a few others, but its all the same really. ;)
    drsluggo wrote:
    I need to get some pictures to post, but in the meantime I have some not-so-great quality youtube vids of Chops swimming this weekend. My parents wanted to see it so we took some digi-cam vids of it... for those who need to kill a few minutes. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_UVIE2Bw88 - Starts innocently enough and then it turns into 'when animals attack' right at the end (edit: Boo... youtube cropped off the end where he really looks like he's going to attack me!)
    awwwww! cute!
    sammi won't go near water lol...
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    3 things

glad to see gracie is doing better
    ziggy you look cute with your 2 dogs next to you
    Regal Beagle is sucha a cute dog and i would totally get a dog like that

ernie aka scruffy is still a pain in the ass. he's still all the time. also he loves burger king french fries :oops: . i'll eventually put up pics one day of him.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

So i FINALLY had a day off today with some NICE WEATHER!
    sammi and i hung out proper... i skipped my snowboarding plans to get some sun with her
    DSC_0497.jpg
    DSC_0483.jpg
    DSC_0456.jpg
    Then off to the river near my house with a mountain view...
    DSC_0526.jpg
    mountains.jpg
    haffajappa wrote:
    sammi and i hung out proper... i skipped my snowboarding plans to get some sun with her

DSC_0456.jpg
    That looks an awful lot like the 'you have something in your hand i want to eat' look. :)

Sammi is awesome -- how old is she? She looks quite young, but I can never quite tell!
    drsluggo wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

DSC_0456.jpg
    That looks an awful lot like the 'you have something in your hand i want to eat' look. :)

Sammi is awesome -- how old is she? She looks quite young, but I can never quite tell!
    i've only ever had one person guess her age properly :D
    she'll be 9 and a half next month :):)
    haffajappa wrote:
    i've only ever had one person guess her age properly :D
    she'll be 9 and a half next month :):)
    OK - I was way off then! :)

That picture of her in the car she looks like a giant puppy! I seriously wouldve guessed a year old!
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    imalive wrote:
    We gave Gracie a bath yesterday. Almond shampoo followed by oatmeal creme rinse :mrgreen: . Can you tell by her "crinkly" ears :lol::lol:? I found this red bone yesterday at the park and she seems to like it....hey, she tears up too much stuff for me to actually buy her toys! :lol:

We go to the oncologist again tomorrow. Good vibes accepted. Man, I love this dog! I can't believe I ready to throw in the towel when she was a wild puppy :shock: (even tho she can still piss me off ;) )

IMG_2677.jpg

I cant BELIEVE you dont buy her toys!!! :o:lol: And thats actually a good chew toy there. You can stuff it with doggie treats and peanut butter!!! Im sure you alreddie knew that though..... :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    PJaddicted wrote:
    I have my wildlife Rehabilitators license, I'm only listed to take turtles, well that didn't last long. I've been spending the last couple of weeks rehabbing baby squirrels. I had 7 last week that are now with another rehabber and tonight got another baby boy. He is very tiny and younger then the last ones, he isn't eating well yet, so some good vibes for him are needed. They are really cute, and I like helping them return to the wild where they belong.

DSC02419.jpg

That is sooooooo cool that you get to work and raise these little ones!!! :D

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

imalive wrote:
    Our vet sent this card to Gracie. I'm not usually a big fan of e-cards, but this one is pretty cute.

http://www.sloppykisscards.com/partnerf ... vmbdg6sj3y
    LOVVVVVVVVVE that card!!!!!!!!! It hadd me smiling HUGE!!! :D

norm wrote:
    internet-dog-cartoon.jpg

:mrgreen:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Had to post my Mom's 2 new pups... Minature Longhaired Dachshund's. The darker one is female, and the other is male..8 weeks old and so adorable :)

002vh.th.jpg

003ea.th.jpg

AWWWWWW!!! Puppies!!! What are their names?????

imalive wrote:
    SENROCK wrote:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! LOVE Gracie!!!! Thanks pal!!! :D its amazing how we've all "watched" her grow up!!! :D

yep, you have...from this:

IMG_1729.jpg

to this:

IMG_2660.jpg

Gracie had her last chemo yesterday. Here's a copy and paste from an email I later got from her doc: we will beat it!! 90%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are his exclamation points, not mine :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    OH MY GOD!!!!! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at the frog legs!!!! My FAVORITE!!!! :lol: Wow shes grown up nicely! And a great big WOOHOO for her last chemo!!! Shes gonna beat it just like Swisher hit a homerun this weekend! :lol:

p.s her doctor rules with all the "!!!!!!!!!!!!" :lol:

drsluggo wrote:

There are a few others, but its all the same really. ;)

:lol::lol::lol: LOVE IT!!! Thanks for sharing those!!!

haffajappa wrote:
    DSC_0497.jpg
    DSC_0483.jpg
    DSC_0456.jpg

VERY nice pictures!!! :D I must say, you skipping plans to hang out with your doggie is just beautiful. I remember times when it was hard for me to decide on staying home with Surfer or going out with the guy i was dating. Almost ALWAYS i hadd wished i'd stayed home with my doggie instead of being with frenz or the guy. Now that Surfer is gone, it makes me REALLY wish i'd skipped days out away from him. Your post made me smile!

SENROCK wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    DSC_0497.jpg
    DSC_0483.jpg
    DSC_0456.jpg

VERY nice pictures!!! :D I must say, you skipping plans to hang out with your doggie is just beautiful. I remember times when it was hard for me to decide on staying home with Surfer or going out with the guy i was dating. Almost ALWAYS i hadd wished i'd stayed home with my doggie instead of being with frenz or the guy. Now that Surfer is gone, it makes me REALLY wish i'd skipped days out away from him. Your post made me smile!
    lol yeah i had all my stuff in the car and when i was walking out she gave me the look and i was like... oh alright :D lets go to the river
    today.... sammi found out what a possum was.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    i think she thought it was a cat on the fence now she's standing on guard having a staredown with it...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,667
    ugh.

For the first time I can remember, I forgot to say my goodbyes to Scooter this morning before leaving for work. He was probably disappointed. I feel bad. Every morning I give him a few head scratches and kisses, I tell him to be a good boy and to be brave... and also tell him how many days until the "weekends" and promise a lot of "puppy time" when I get home.

Yes, I do get mocked by other humans who may witness this ritual.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    ugh.

For the first time I can remember, I forgot to say my goodbyes to Scooter this morning before leaving for work. He was probably disappointed. I feel bad. Every morning I give him a few head scratches and kisses, I tell him to be a good boy and to be brave... and also tell him how many days until the "weekends" and promise a lot of "puppy time" when I get home.

that is SO cute!
    i think we all do it though haha so don't feel silly!!!

my brother pretends like he finds sammi a pain in the ass... but you can hear him downstairs when he comes home from work, saying hi to her and petting her and talking up a storm with her :lol:
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,878
    haffajappa wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    ugh.

that is SO cute!
    i think we all do it though haha so don't feel silly!!!

my brother pretends like he finds sammi a pain in the ass... but you can hear him downstairs when he comes home from work, saying hi to her and petting her and talking up a storm with her :lol:

I would imagine I'm not the only one who finds it impossible to talk to their dog in a normal voice. ;):lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    if its confessions time each of my dogs have a song I sing them, with revised lyrics of course, sung in baby voice :P
    Charlie- "You're a Clown Charlie Brown"
    Maddie Lew- "I feel Pretty"
    Faith- " I Think I love You"
    Dottie- " Frito Bandito"
    Lucy- "O Lucy Bomb"
    Bonnie the Bulldog- "Pretty Woman"
    Jakie's was "Bicycle Built for Two"
    Scoutsie's was "I got Sunshine on a Cloudy Day"
    Maggie Mae's was "You are my Sunshine"
    Mckay's- I can not remember for the life of me. I hope he had one, bad Mom. He did have a big red foot pillow to hump and got homemade bag o' treats

I'm a weirdo :geek: but they love me anyways
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    I made a hillarious facebook page for my dog! facebook huim Buster O'Dog Petito
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Two weeks from today Petey will be having the Stem Cell procedure done. We are leaving for FL on April 23rd.

DSC02428.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    haffajappa wrote:
    Years ago we had a dog named Riley (Baba O'Riley) who was kind of a sad case. He was a rescue and he was afraid of just about EVERYTHING. He was so shy and withdrawn when we got him but I was convinced that with enough love and security he'd be OK eventually. He improved a little bit but he was always very shy and skittish.

Glenn used to complain all the time (not seriously) about what a ridiculously useless dog Riley was and why on earth did we keep him around. But he lived with us for nearly 10 years. When he got old and developed lymphoma, he was in pain and we finally had to put him down. And guess what--Glenn cried more than I did. But if you asked him about Riley today, he'd probably still you that Riley was a worthless mutt. :roll:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Two weeks from today Petey will be having the Stem Cell procedure done. We are leaving for FL on April 23rd.

DSC02428.jpg
    We'll be pulling for ya, Petey! :thumbup:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    PJaddicted wrote:

DSC02428.jpg
    2 weeks and counting, Petey will be in our thoughts and prayers :)
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,878
    PJaddicted wrote:

DSC02428.jpg

good luck with Petey. In case you didn't read my post last week, our oncologist was doing stem cell studies 20 years ago and says "it ought to work." :mrgreen:

Is that a puppy picture or current picture of Pete? he looks little.... :?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16