~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    imalive wrote:
    We gave Gracie a bath yesterday. Almond shampoo followed by oatmeal creme rinse :mrgreen: . Can you tell by her "crinkly" ears :lol::lol:? I found this red bone yesterday at the park and she seems to like it....hey, she tears up too much stuff for me to actually buy her toys! :lol:

We go to the oncologist again tomorrow. Good vibes accepted. Man, I love this dog! I can't believe I ready to throw in the towel when she was a wild puppy :shock: (even tho she can still piss me off ;) )
    I'll be thinking of you both tomorrow - I hope you're done with treatment.

I know what you mean about loving our dogs even though they can drive us nuts. We almost had to give ours up as a pup because he wouldnt shut up in our apt complex. It was divine intervention or something because right when we were almost out of time he just snapped into shape real fast.

Anyway -- GOOD VIBES for tomorrow for you both!! And thanks for making me guilty I haven't given Chops a bath in months! :lol:
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,667
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Floyd asleep -- so snuggly:
    4502511800_d7ebe7ef78.jpg

Dogs curl that direction in the Southern Hemisphere?
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,667
    SENROCK wrote:
    zenbeagle.jpg

I like Zen
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:
    We gave Gracie a bath yesterday. Almond shampoo followed by oatmeal creme rinse :mrgreen: . Can you tell by her "crinkly" ears :lol::lol:? I found this red bone yesterday at the park and she seems to like it....hey, she tears up too much stuff for me to actually buy her toys! :lol:

We go to the oncologist again tomorrow. Good vibes accepted. Man, I love this dog! I can't believe I ready to throw in the towel when she was a wild puppy :shock: (even tho she can still piss me off ;) )
    The Princess and shelties send out lots of love and good vibes for Gracie. We think about her (and you) all the time, wishing the best. Even my prince knows who Gracie is, since I love to share the Doggie Thread.

I know all TOO WELL what you're talking about when you say you almost threw in the towel. Django was called the Wild Child when he was a puppy. I never had such an exasperating puppy! Where I worked at the time, I was always complaining about what a little MONSTER he was. Then he suddenly turned into this wonderful sweet guy. He still has one annoying habit that I can't seem to break him of: he jumps up and bites my purse when I get ready to leave. The rest of the time he's a sweetheart.

A few weeks ago I was feeling sick one morning and went back to bed. Django jumped up on the bed with me. After I fell asleep, Glenn said Django laid across the bed beside me like he was guarding me. :angel:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    GOOD VIBES TO GRACIE FROM PETEY AND I!!!
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    I have my wildlife Rehabilitators license, I'm only listed to take turtles, well that didn't last long. I've been spending the last couple of weeks rehabbing baby squirrels. I had 7 last week that are now with another rehabber and tonight got another baby boy. He is very tiny and younger then the last ones, he isn't eating well yet, so some good vibes for him are needed. They are really cute, and I like helping them return to the wild where they belong.

DSC02419.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    imalive wrote:

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg

good luck!
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,878
    PJaddicted wrote:
    He is very tiny and younger then the last ones, he isn't eating well yet, so some good vibes for him are needed. They are really cute, and I like helping them return to the wild where they belong.

good luck, Rocky!! You're in good hands. :thumbup:

3231120371_60e6ba1bcc.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    PJaddicted wrote:
    I have my wildlife Rehabilitators license, I'm only listed to take turtles, well that didn't last long. I've been spending the last couple of weeks rehabbing baby squirrels. I had 7 last week that are now with another rehabber and tonight got another baby boy. He is very tiny and younger then the last ones, he isn't eating well yet, so some good vibes for him are needed. They are really cute, and I like helping them return to the wild where they belong.

DSC02419.jpg
    oh so sweet, you have a good heart
    Our vet sent this card to Gracie. I'm not usually a big fan of e-cards, but this one is pretty cute.

http://www.sloppykisscards.com/partnerf ... vmbdg6sj3y
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Petey continues to do well. We are heading to FL in a month for his Stem Cell Implantation procedure.

I was telling our oncologist about Petey. "Our guy" studied under one of the only two doggie oncologists in the WORLD 35 years ago. He also published an article about stem cell replacement 20 years ago :shock: in "Nature" magazine...he says the stem cell thing ought to work for Petey :thumbup:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Our vet sent this card to Gracie. I'm not usually a big fan of e-cards, but this one is pretty cute.

PJaddicted wrote:
    Petey continues to do well. We are heading to FL in a month for his Stem Cell Implantation procedure.

I was telling our oncologist about Petey. "Our guy" studied under one of the only two doggie oncologists in the WORLD 35 years ago. He also published an article about stem cell replacement 20 years ago :shock: in "Nature" magazine...he says the stem cell thing ought to work for Petey :thumbup:
    that was so nice! I cried, I'm a mess I know, maybe cause of all Gracie has been through. I also watched Marley and Me for the first time yesterday and no one warned me. Still reeling emotionally from it. Life isn't worth living without a doggie by your side or 3 or 6 :D
    imalive wrote:

PJaddicted wrote:

LOVED that! So cute and so sweet. :clap:

Pandora, I completely understand about Marley and Me. My prince and I cried our eyes out when we watched it. Course it was not along after we lost one of our dogs.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    internet-dog-cartoon.jpg

:mrgreen:
  • Had to post my Mom's 2 new pups... Minature Longhaired Dachshund's. The darker one is female, and the other is male..8 weeks old and so adorable :)

002vh.th.jpg

003ea.th.jpg
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Had to post my Mom's 2 new pups... Minature Longhaired Dachshund's. The darker one is female, and the other is male..8 weeks old and so adorable :)

002vh.th.jpg

003ea.th.jpg
    ohmygoodness!
    i love them!!!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Had to post my Mom's 2 new pups... Minature Longhaired Dachshund's. The darker one is female, and the other is male..8 weeks old and so adorable :)

002vh.th.jpg

003ea.th.jpg

My first doggie ever was a dachshund. Love them!!! :D
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    puppy power.... awesome :D

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

002vh.th.jpg

003ea.th.jpg

handfuls of puppies!!! :mrgreen:
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    one of my customers just brought her dog in to show me...
    she had this BEAUTIFUL dog that had similar traits to sammi (hence why the lady wanted to share). what a darling that dog was........ but it peed on my floor LOL! :D:D

people are doing this all the time lately, having sammi at the store over the years has sparked a doggy frenzy!
    now everyone brings their dogs into the store...
    only my boss doesn't know that I bring sammi in - so he kind of got inundated with doggie lovers waltzing in with their dogs without asking :lol::lol:

its such a nice day here, after a while of shitty weather. i'm in a good mood too that lady totally made my day.
    i love doggies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3<3

have a great day everyone :)

ps... yes i realise i wrote this post like a 14 year old :oops:
    SENROCK wrote:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! LOVE Gracie!!!! Thanks pal!!! :D its amazing how we've all "watched" her grow up!!! :D

yep, you have...from this:

IMG_1729.jpg

to this:

IMG_2660.jpg

Gracie had her last chemo yesterday. Here's a copy and paste from an email I later got from her doc: we will beat it!! 90%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are his exclamation points, not mine :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    imalive wrote:
    SENROCK wrote:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! LOVE Gracie!!!! Thanks pal!!! :D its amazing how we've all "watched" her grow up!!! :D

IMG_1729.jpg

to this:

IMG_2660.jpg

Gracie had her last chemo yesterday. Here's a copy and paste from an email I later got from her doc: we will beat it!! 90%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are his exclamation points, not mine :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

she has a really beautiful coat.
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'

yeah, I'm reminded of it everywhere I look.....the floor, my clothes, sometimes in a meal :lol::lol::lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    imalive wrote:

yeah, I'm reminded of it everywhere I look.....the floor, my clothes, sometimes in a meal :lol::lol::lol:
    so gross!!
    but happens with our house too :oops: lol
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,434
    good news about gracie!

i am installing a fence pretty soon so kasey can run around in the yard. it's her 4th birthday later this week. so we told her this is her birthday gift!
    www.myspace.com
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    imalive wrote:
    That's amazing -- congrats!! :D
    imalive wrote:
    YAY!!!!!

Hooray for Gracie!!!!
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    imalive wrote:

IMG_1729.jpg

to this:

IMG_2660.jpg

This is great news to read, and has made my day a lot brighter!!! :D:clap:

Like you told me, there will be a day when I get to play with her :D

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Like you told me, there will be a day when I get to play with her :D

at a minimum, there will be a day when she humps your leg. :shock: :lol::lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    SENROCK wrote:

IMG_1729.jpg

to this:

IMG_2660.jpg

I love exclamation points especially when it is great news like this! So very thankful she will be ok!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!