~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Shes been fine as far as playing and eating..we should have gotten insurance on her when we got her :roll:
    Oh man... if only! And we HAD the pamphlets when we got him for insurance, but didnt think it covered enough to be worth it!

Our dog has cost us more than a car, but I know a lot of people on here can say that too!

He has horrible allergies that require constant medication from June-December, he had a CCL injury that cost us tons in x-rays, therapy, braces, etc...

Anyway... insurance is great in hindsight! Although I guess there are so many that buy it and end up saying 'WHY DID I START THAT?! WHAT A WASTE"

I'd rather be that guy though then wishing I had done it! :x
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    drsluggo wrote:
    Shes been fine as far as playing and eating..we should have gotten insurance on her when we got her :roll:
    Oh man... if only! And we HAD the pamphlets when we got him for insurance, but didnt think it covered enough to be worth it!

Our dog has cost us more than a car, but I know a lot of people on here can say that too!

He has horrible allergies that require constant medication from June-December, he had a CCL injury that cost us tons in x-rays, therapy, braces, etc...

Anyway... insurance is great in hindsight! Although I guess there are so many that buy it and end up saying 'WHY DID I START THAT?! WHAT A WASTE"

I'd rather be that guy though then wishing I had done it! :x

first thing i did upon getting norm was getting insurance...only had to use it once but i'd rather pay for it in case of a catastrophic injury or disease...looking at what gracie's costs are, i'd take whatever relief i could
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Oh thank you Pepe
    you can't tell cause Charlie looks like a yellow lab but he has 6 inch legs- he's very close to his bowls!CIMG0837.jpg
    Heres a photo from a few years ago showing those shapely little legs :D
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    one of my fave pics.. :lol:

24902_372588407305_576322305_5007039_7155111_n.jpg

Bo is scared of the water.. wah :(
    HAHA!
    So cute!!

When i take Sammi to the nice beaches with big waves she barks at them and gets all riled up. She hates water...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,878
    pandora wrote:
    CIMG0837.jpg

look at how fast that tail is wagging! :lol::lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    imalive wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    CIMG0837.jpg

look at how fast that tail is wagging! :lol::lol:

i just can't believe that's the same dog!
    pandora is sooo right - i so had charlie pegged as a yellow lab, it was almost disconcerting to see the shorty legs. :? :lol: he's still a total cutie-pie, but you bet, never would've guessed! he looks taller in his other pic. ;)

:mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    imalive wrote:
    for norm....6 months of agony starts today! :mrgreen:

IMG_2665.jpg

for sen...

IMG_2660.jpg

chemo #6 on Friday. Maybe the LAST!!!! :angel:
    Sending Gracie some (((((( good vibes & warm hugs ))))))

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    so my dog and my roommates dog have started this thing of picking up a single morsel from their bowls, walking to the air conditioning vent, dropping it down and looking at it with a puzzled look as it falls and rattles down below.... :problem: :eh:
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
    so my dog and my roommates dog have started this thing of picking up a single morsel from their bowls, walking to the air conditioning vent, dropping it down and looking at it with a puzzled look as it falls and rattles down below.... :problem: :eh:
    that does deserve some puzzled looks :?

:lol::lol::lol:

i love dogs :mrgreen:
    they're just practicing science like my dog.
    the three of them could RULE THE WORLD!!!! :geek:
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    My thanks to Pepe Silvia for the source for a furminator. I ordered one and it's great! The dogs don't seem to mind being brushed with it at all. I couldn't believe how much hair I brushed out of them the first time I used it. Looked another dog!

Last night after brushing them there was a pile of fur on the floor. I was playing with Penny and she started racing around the room. I think she thought the fur was one of her toys because she ran over to it and bit it a couple of times! I guess when it didn't squeak she figured out what it really was. :wtf: :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    edited April 2010
    haffajappa wrote:

24364_1110108888296_1694097789_206178_256866_n.jpg
    Post edited by Pepe Silvia on
    don't compete; coexist

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

My thanks to Pepe Silvia for the source for a furminator. I ordered one and it's great! The dogs don't seem to mind being brushed with it at all. I couldn't believe how much hair I brushed out of them the first time I used it. Looked another dog!

Last night after brushing them there was a pile of fur on the floor. I was playing with Penny and she started racing around the room. I think she thought the fur was one of her toys because she ran over to it and bit it a couple of times! I guess when it didn't squeak she figured out what it really was. :wtf: :lol:

no problem, it's almost addicting, isn't it? :mrgreen: it just keeps getting all this hair no matter how many times!
    don't compete; coexist

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Its been a while since Regal Beagle has made it into this thread! Here he is with his big brother ZEN. Zen got his eye clawed out by an effin CAT :evil: See why cats are just.....horrible???? He's blind now so his eyes are sewn shut. Zen still lives a great pampered life and LOVES Regal!!! :D
    zenbeagle.jpg

And HERE is little Matan watching the Yankees put the Red Soxxx TO BED!!! :wave: :lol:
    watchinggame.jpg
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    imalive wrote:
    for sen...

IMG_2660.jpg

chemo #6 on Friday. Maybe the LAST!!!! :angel:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! LOVE Gracie!!!! Thanks pal!!! :D its amazing how we've all "watched" her grow up!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    SENROCK wrote:
    Its been a while since Regal Beagle has made it into this thread! Here he is with his big brother ZEN. Zen got his eye clawed out by an effin CAT :evil: See why cats are just.....horrible???? He's blind now so his eyes are sewn shut. Zen still lives a great pampered life and LOVES Regal!!! :D
    zenbeagle.jpg

And HERE is little Matan watching the Yankees put the Red Soxxx TO BED!!! :wave: :lol:
    watchinggame.jpg
    oh Zen I am sorry, doggie hug to you
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Floyd asleep -- so snuggly:
    4502511800_d7ebe7ef78.jpg

Ziggy obsessed with our bowl of shells....she wouldn't leave it alone!
    4502515722_b6eedefd76.jpg

Do you love me?
    4502567260_ce9941dab0_o.jpg

My babies and me:
    4501878547_0bd49f628d_m.jpg
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Ziggy obsessed with our bowl of shells....she wouldn't leave it alone!
    4502515722_b6eedefd76.jpg

Do you love me?
    4502567260_ce9941dab0_o.jpg

My babies and me:
    4501878547_0bd49f628d_m.jpg
    that's lovely
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Trix says hi, how you doing ;)

Nice pictures you posted, Floyd is looking great!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Trix says hi, how you doing ;)

Nice pictures you posted, Floyd is looking great!!!

Floyd,Trix and Bubba can start their own Black and white posse!!! :D
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    SENROCK wrote:
    zenbeagle.jpg

watchinggame.jpg

Zen's awesome!!! Regal Beagle's a very cool name!! :mrgreen:
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    SENROCK wrote:
    watchinggame.jpg[/color]

Sen, nooooooooooooooo! It would almost be better if Matan were a D*dg*r fan......well, maybe not. ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    We gave Gracie a bath yesterday. Almond shampoo followed by oatmeal creme rinse :mrgreen: . Can you tell by her "crinkly" ears :lol::lol:? I found this red bone yesterday at the park and she seems to like it....hey, she tears up too much stuff for me to actually buy her toys! :lol:

We go to the oncologist again tomorrow. Good vibes accepted. Man, I love this dog! I can't believe I ready to throw in the towel when she was a wild puppy :shock: (even tho she can still piss me off ;) )

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    imalive wrote:
    We gave Gracie a bath yesterday. Almond shampoo followed by oatmeal creme rinse :mrgreen: . Can you tell by her "crinkly" ears :lol::lol:? I found this red bone yesterday at the park and she seems to like it....hey, she tears up too much stuff for me to actually buy her toys! :lol:

We go to the oncologist again tomorrow. Good vibes accepted. Man, I love this dog! I can't believe I ready to throw in the towel when she was a wild puppy :shock: (even tho she can still piss me off ;) )

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg

Always thinking the best for you and Gracie!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

haffajappa wrote:

24364_1110108888296_1694097789_206178_256866_n.jpg
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i KNEW it
    imalive wrote:

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg
    awwww, what a sweet heart <3
    which reminds me i gotta give sammi a bath...

my boyfriend snuck her upstairs yesterday (a place she was formally allowed to go until my brother complained about the dog fur :evil: ) she was shaking like a leaf she thought she was going to get a bath (as thats usually the only time she's allowed upstairs)
    imalive wrote:

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg

how can that cutie make anybody mad? ;)

always thinking of gracie :mrgreen:
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    imalive wrote:

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg

Hey...if u ever need a "break" from her Bailey and Chloe said they would watch her for ya

8-)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    imalive wrote:

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg
    You know we are praying for Gracie and thinking positive here in Georgia and really hoping this is over now and the news is extra good tomorrow :)