~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    SENROCK wrote:
    Austicman wrote:
    Can you tell that they were just up to no good :lol::lol::lol:

pups3.jpg

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I CANT EVEN TELL YOU HOW MUCH I LOVE THOSE DOGGIES OF YOURS!!!! I WISH I COULD RUN AROUND WITH THEM ALL DAY!!! :D

OMG looks like a line-up alright! :lol: I love the expressions on thier faces.

Well my little Rufus is off for a haircut in the morning. At the moment he looks like a little black dishmop...at both ends!!! Tomorrow he will be a skinny dog! :D
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Austicman wrote:

pups3.jpg
    "sir yes sir!"
    got the troops lined up :D
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I never saw the doggie thread before - awesome... I'm all in...

Here's my 110lb lab/collie monstrosity.. :)

Puppy:
    chops.jpg

And now:
    chopspj.jpg
    chopspj2.jpg

He's an insane dog... 8 years and still annoys the life out of me while I try to get work done during the day!

Glad to see this thread though - PJ + Dogs is a good thing...
    drsluggo wrote:

Puppy:
    chops.jpg

And now:
    chopspj.jpg
    chopspj2.jpg

He's an insane dog... 8 years and still annoys the life out of me while I try to get work done during the day!

awww cute!
    wow 110 lb big boy i didnt know labs could get that big
    haffajappa wrote:
    awww cute!
    Yeah- we didnt think so either!

we went to Petsmart to get a crate and some other things and were going to spend about a month getting setup before looking for a puppy, and they were doing an adoption for a local shelter. That guy ran right up to me and we were instantly sold on him.

They told us he was a lab/terrier mix and wouldn't get above 50-55lbs. We believed that... then my parents saw his legs and knew he was going to be huge. They are smarter than I!

But they bought us one of those 'DNA' test kits for Christmas and he was declared to be Lab/Collie... so where the size comes from I am not sure.
    drsluggo wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    awww cute!
    Yeah- we didnt think so either!

we went to Petsmart to get a crate and some other things and were going to spend about a month getting setup before looking for a puppy, and they were doing an adoption for a local shelter. That guy ran right up to me and we were instantly sold on him.

They told us he was a lab/terrier mix and wouldn't get above 50-55lbs. We believed that... then my parents saw his legs and knew he was going to be huge. They are smarter than I!

But they bought us one of those 'DNA' test kits for Christmas and he was declared to be Lab/Collie... so where the size comes from I am not sure.
    wow i had no idea you could get DNA kits... sammi was listed as husky/shepherd but there's always been bets on if shes got another breed in her like collie or australian shepherd
    haffajappa wrote:
    wow i had no idea you could get DNA kits... sammi was listed as husky/shepherd but there's always been bets on if shes got another breed in her like collie or australian shepherd
    They're like $40-$50 i think and they can identify dogs for like 95% of known breeds. They also can do it in a way where they give the most dominant breeds for mixed dogs and then the lower breed makeup as well.

For our dog Chops he was Lab and Collie in the group that was most dominant so it could be like 50/50 or 40/60 or something like that.

One site that sells them is http://www.whatismydogtype.com/ but you can usually get good deals on ebay or Amazon. It was really easy to do and they responded very fast. I dont know if its worth the $$ or not - ours was a gift so it was fun to see.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,877
    drsluggo wrote:

Puppy:
    chops.jpg

And now:
    chopspj.jpg
    chopspj2.jpg

We like to say it's "the best thread in the Pit"....no bitching, just lovable dogs. Gracie would, not doubt, like to play with Chops. She LOVES other doggies. :mrgreen:

IMG_2621.jpg

I'm bummed.....the owner of the dog she's chasing here won't bring her dog to the park anymore.....she thinks the grass fertilizer is toxic. :sick:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    imalive wrote:
    I'm bummed.....the owner of the dog she's chasing here won't bring her dog to the park anymore.....she thinks the grass fertilizer is toxic. :sick:

i understand the bummy feelings and hate to say it but.....that doggie owner is more than likely, right. we use nada fertilizer, or any unnatural products in our backyard, at all, for this very reason. we're not all natural/organic folks all the time, but as much as we can, we do. i've read too much bad stuff about lawn chemicals, so i think it's a good idea to limit your dog's exposure to such stuff as well. also, some animals, just like people, have higher levels of sensitivities to such things. hopefully gracie has plenty of other playmates.

and i need to take, and post :D, more pics of chloe and igby. with the warm weather around the corner - i'll try and get on it! :mrgreen:

oh and this pic:
    drsluggo wrote:

And now:
    chopspj.jpg

is the spitting image of my most beloved pup ever, sinead. what a dog she was!
    however, she was pre-digital camera....so no online pics.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

imalive wrote:
    That sucks - I dont THINK the dog park near us uses fertilizer. I could be wrong, but I don't believe they do. I can't argue with someone who would avoid it though - I've read horror stories about dogs either getting cancer or just sick from either contact with it over a period of time or ingesting it accidentally or whatever. I wonder how good the 'pet safe' stuff really is.

We used to go a lot (almost daily) and he hurt his CCL there (human's equivalent to ACL) - I'm sure someone has dealt with it on this thread before. So we do go sometimes, but we try to do it when dogs his size are there and they run and don't wrestle too much (the very small dogs will run under him while he's running and he spills out- how it happened in the first place). He LOVES the park though - your dog looks like his best dog friend who is my brother's dog -- we're all very partial to goldens.

But yes - this is far and away the best thread on this board. All dogs, no complaints... can't go wrong!
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    my ex's mother decided to spray "weed n feed" on the lawn when we were both at work one time. I got home to find the dog vomiting and pooping blood.....the vets were closed so we just had to wash him down with fresh water and keep wiping his mouth and making him drink heaps of water. Ending up staying at my parents place for the weekend just to keep him away from our place. Nearly bloody well killed the dog.....eventually after we split up up, the dog went to live with another family out west and got bitten by a snake and died anyway. But it was soooo scary. Poor little dog.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    SENROCK wrote:
    Austicman wrote:

pups3.jpg

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I CANT EVEN TELL YOU HOW MUCH I LOVE THOSE DOGGIES OF YOURS!!!! I WISH I COULD RUN AROUND WITH THEM ALL DAY!!! :D
    I just want to sit and snuzzle! with them all here- the little lab with the white feet so cute too
    this thread always cheers me
    my ex's mother decided to spray "weed n feed" on the lawn when we were both at work one time. I got home to find the dog vomiting and pooping blood.....the vets were closed so we just had to wash him down with fresh water and keep wiping his mouth and making him drink heaps of water.
    Ick - I've heard horror stories about fertilizers before, but this one definitely makes me never want to do it again!

I also love how the places out here that go door-to-door wanting to get you to subscribe for the season all use 'pet friendly' fertilizer whcih they follow with 'just dont let them in the grass for 3-4 hours after we lay it down.'

To be fair I'm sure there's a lot of dust and whatnot in the air... but I always wonder if you can still see the little pellets in the grass 8 hours later why is it suddenly OK.

Anyway - back to cute pup pictures... no need to rant about fertilizers!
    i saw this on the news this morning :lol::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P1erlGV ... r_embedded
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    My little girl... :D222-1.jpg

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    My little girl... :D222-1.jpg

awww she's adorable!
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Petey continues to do well. We are heading to FL in a month for his Stem Cell Implantation procedure. I'm very nervous, but if I don't do it, he has no chance, the DCM is going to take him out. We have some really good news to share, we purchased a large piece of property and are going to build a house. It is full of wildlife. We had our friends and family there on Saturday to drink a toast and celebrate with us and a bear showed up! While I see them all the time, some of our family and friends never do, it was very exciting for them, and for hubby and I...it let us know....we bought the right land! I am hopeful that Petey will live long enough to get to live on the property and enjoy it.

DSC02383.jpg
    DSC02406.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Petey continues to do well. We are heading to FL in a month for his Stem Cell Implantation procedure. I'm very nervous, but if I don't do it, he has no chance, the DCM is going to take him out. We have some really good news to share, we purchased a large piece of property and are going to build a house. It is full of wildlife. We had our friends and family there on Saturday to drink a toast and celebrate with us and a bear showed up! While I see them all the time, some of our family and friends never do, it was very exciting for them, and for hubby and I...it let us know....we bought the right land! I am hopeful that Petey will live long enough to get to live on the property and enjoy it.

DSC02383.jpg
    DSC02406.jpg

i hope he does too - awesome news all the way round.....best of luck to petey!!! :thumbup:

*hugs!*
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

PJaddicted wrote:

DSC02383.jpg
    DSC02406.jpg
    awesome to hear about the property!
    i'd love to live on a lot of land for sammi to run around as she please.

ooh petey does look quite comfortable in his blanket though... making me kind of jealous having to be up this early i the morning!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    PJaddicted wrote:

DSC02383.jpg
    DSC02406.jpg

petey is gonna have a great, long life on that property! :D
    norm had a play date yesterday...my buddy brought his mom's goldendoodle maddie over :D

9e8202c0.jpg
    180453a9.jpg
    70644fb0.jpg
    2147e299.jpg
    e58f393d.jpg
    17064948.jpg
    c37580ff.jpg
    fb94c8ce.jpg
    I love watching pictures of dogs playing - that 'pounce' pose is always fantastic to watch.

And that's great that Petey will get a chance in the stem cell program. It sucks to do treatments that aren't as well established, but its definitely a great step and it sounds like you've done a lot of research and it sounds very promising!

We're taking Chops for his second road trip ever next week - he hated the driving part of the first one. So this one is shorter, but he has an old friend on the other end of it. Should be fun... I hope!
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Thanks everyone! I'll let you know how things are going...we leave 3 weeks from Friday for FL, not looking forward to a 20 hour drive, but will take it over a few days. Trying to look at it as a fun road trip with my baby.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Thanks everyone! I'll let you know how things are going...we leave 3 weeks from Friday for FL, not looking forward to a 20 hour drive, but will take it over a few days. Trying to look at it as a fun road trip with my baby.
    awwww!!
    i hope all goes well with the program.

my boyfriend and i have been talking about doing a possible roadtrip around british columbia this year, maybe over to the island... i want to bring my sammi because there are some awesome national and provincial parks that she'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to run about in but my bf is worried about bringing her if we go :(
    i'm working hard to convince...
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    PJaddicted wrote:

Great news for Petey and for his future place to roam. The pictures you posted are awesome!!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

drsluggo wrote:
    I love watching pictures of dogs playing - that 'pounce' pose is always fantastic to watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avKwAbDYQZY

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,667
    Scooter gives his best wishes to Petey and a fast recovery.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    the pack here in Georgia is thinking of Petey too
    hope all goes well and they are very envious of the new property with bears!
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    GO PETEY!!!!!!!!!! :D
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    norm wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:
    I love watching pictures of dogs playing - that 'pounce' pose is always fantastic to watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avKwAbDYQZY

That's awesome -- I love when they're running the tight circles and are almost diagonal as they go.

I need to learn how to post videos on youtube from my crappy little camcorder. Of course... it would just be a barking dog with the occasional run! :lol: