~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    it definitely gets more hair out than the other brushes i've used on him. i've tried a regular brush, a rake type 1 and those kind that are like a saw in a loop with a handle, if that makes any sense and the furminator certainly gets far more hair up. i;ve only used it a little bit today and so far the only drawback is the brush fills up really quickly but that's not that big of a deal for me but it seems like after 1/2 a dozen swipes i have to empty it, which is easy enough

also, i have a short haired dog, not sure how well it'd work with longer hair but for my dog it certainly gets far more hair than any other brush i've tried.

i got mine from
    http://www.surpluscomputers.com/product ... or&x=0&y=0

they have free usps ground shipping, i got mine in 3 or 4 days. it's $19.99 for a small, $21.99 for med and $24.99 for large. kinda funny ordering a dog/cat brush from a computer site but they are brand new and still sealed in the packaging.

like you, i had been curious but thought they were too pricey but nothing else seemed to really get much hair and my bed, clothes and all the floors are constantly covered in hair. he seems to like it, he's even rolled over on his back to let me brush his belly which he never did with the other 3 kinds

on another note i read an article today that the epa is calling for more testing on topical flea prevention because there's been more and more cases of allergic reactions to them
    Thanks for the link! I know what you're talking about with the shedding tool that looks like a saw. Using a rake type of brush works best on my dogs but I think a furminator sounds like it might help me to get through brushing them faster. I'm sure they'd appreciate that!

I saw that about topical flea preventions. It's a big concern because I live in an area that tends to have fleas year round.

Cute pictures of your doggy! Penny used to get up on the back of the sofa when we first got her but she stopped doing it after a few weeks. :eh: :?
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    it definitely gets more hair out than the other brushes i've used on him. i've tried a regular brush, a rake type 1 and those kind that are like a saw in a loop with a handle, if that makes any sense and the furminator certainly gets far more hair up. i;ve only used it a little bit today and so far the only drawback is the brush fills up really quickly but that's not that big of a deal for me but it seems like after 1/2 a dozen swipes i have to empty it, which is easy enough

also, i have a short haired dog, not sure how well it'd work with longer hair but for my dog it certainly gets far more hair than any other brush i've tried.

i got mine from
    http://www.surpluscomputers.com/product ... or&x=0&y=0

they have free usps ground shipping, i got mine in 3 or 4 days. it's $19.99 for a small, $21.99 for med and $24.99 for large. kinda funny ordering a dog/cat brush from a computer site but they are brand new and still sealed in the packaging.

like you, i had been curious but thought they were too pricey but nothing else seemed to really get much hair and my bed, clothes and all the floors are constantly covered in hair. he seems to like it, he's even rolled over on his back to let me brush his belly which he never did with the other 3 kinds

on another note i read an article today that the epa is calling for more testing on topical flea prevention because there's been more and more cases of allergic reactions to them
    Thanks for the link! I know what you're talking about with the shedding tool that looks like a saw. Using a rake type of brush works best on my dogs but I think a furminator sounds like it might help me to get through brushing them faster. I'm sure they'd appreciate that!

I saw that about topical flea preventions. It's a big concern because I live in an area that tends to have fleas year round.

Cute pictures of your doggy! Penny used to get up on the back of the sofa when we first got her but she stopped doing it after a few weeks. :eh: :?
    Sammi is a husky/shepherd she sheds like hell and has a thick coat... there was a picture of a husky on the package of the furminator and it looked pretty convincing. So i tried it and it really does work. It pulls out all the loose fur and a lot of her undercoat so its great in the summer when she needs to stay cool. I have to empty it every one or two swipes but it still works AWESOME :)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    norm wrote:
    this one's for sen :mrgreen:

ad9a8cc9.jpg

Classic!! We'll have to start a petition for Team McCready doggie shirts!! :lol:

Cool pic's Pepe. Like all good hounds he likes his sleep!! :mrgreen:

I've got a furminator for Bubba. The boxer x sharpei makes for some pretty thick bristly fur and it work really well on her. She's sheds alot during spring and summer too and a brush with it every couple of weeks keeps the dog hair down.

bum scratches for all the cheeky hounds. I hope they all doing good!!! :mrgreen:
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    you know ive lived with this puppy for a week and i can smell dog. the toddlermonster thinks hes a toy and im not sure how to deal with it.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    you know ive lived with this puppy for a week and i can smell dog. the toddlermonster thinks hes a toy and im not sure how to deal with it.

make him an outside dog. Just set him up with a place to sleep and a couple of chew toys. He'll cry for a week or so but he'll get used to it.
    Austicman wrote:

make him an outside dog. Just set him up with a place to sleep and a couple of chew toys. He'll cry for a week or so but he'll get used to it.

he is an outside dog t. i set him up with his own blanket. unfortunately he sleeps on the front doorstep which is right under my open window. he whimpers and it takes all my energy to ignore him. hes a baby. he needs attention. he cries for it. but im trying to teach his human what a responsibility he is. i want her to realise she now has two children. he gets so excited when he sees me. he gets caught up in my legs when i walk through the yard and i hate that i know his discipline will come from me and those he interacts with in the hours when his human is at work.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Austicman wrote:

he is an outside dog t. i set him up with his own blanket. unfortunately he sleeps on the front doorstep which is right under my open window. he whimpers and it takes all my energy to ignore him. hes a baby. he needs attention. he cries for it. but im trying to teach his human what a responsibility he is. i want her to realise she now has two children. he gets so excited when he sees me. he gets caught up in my legs when i walk through the yard and i hate that i know his discipline will come from me and those he interacts with in the hours when his human is at work.

The crying will top soon. I can only help you with the doggie problems, I don't do humans :? :think:
    Austicman wrote:
    The crying will top soon. I can only help you with the doggie problems, I don't do humans :? :think:

yeah well as you know i dont do humans either. tis just my mummy instincts come out and hes a baby. how can i ignore that??
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,877
    Austicman wrote:

he is an outside dog t. i set him up with his own blanket. unfortunately he sleeps on the front doorstep which is right under my open window. he whimpers and it takes all my energy to ignore him.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry::cry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    015-1.jpg

My Gizmo enjoying a sunny Sunday afternoon.
    015-1.jpg

AWWWWWWW!!!!! I gotta see if Gracie is ready for another attempt at a bandana.....she shredded her last one! :shock:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    imalive wrote:
    015-1.jpg

AWWWWWWW!!!!! I gotta see if Gracie is ready for another attempt at a bandana.....she shredded her last one! :shock:

He got that from the groomer I take him too. Not bad it's been on him for almost a week now. Usually he has it off in the first day or so. lol
  • Any advice/experiences as to what to expect after ACL repair would be greatly appreciated. Our
    dog tore an ACL last week and she's having surgery tomorrow. Thanks
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    Any advice/experiences as to what to expect after ACL repair would be greatly appreciated. Our
    dog tore an ACL last week and she's having surgery tomorrow. Thanks

Both of mine have torn them (my oldest has torn both). Recovery is all on you since they do not know any better.

PM me if you want.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
    OK I took everybody's advice and ordered a furminator. Maybe it will make grooming a little more fun.
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    We have been away a lot lately and Petey has been staying home with his human brothers, they don't pay very much attention to him. When I get home he spends every waking moment trying to get me to play with him. This is his attempt to get me to play the chase game. He grabbed a pillow off the family room couch.

DSC02362.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    Austicman wrote:

Why can't he sleep in the house?
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    PJaddicted wrote:
    We have been away a lot lately and Petey has been staying home with his human brothers, they don't pay very much attention to him. When I get home he spends every waking moment trying to get me to play with him. This is his attempt to get me to play the chase game. He grabbed a pillow off the family room couch.

DSC02362.jpg

I LOVE IT!!!!!!
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    GO PETEY!!!!!! :lol::lol:

def3b41d.jpg
    e9ae7c80.jpg
    a1f70e80.jpg
    9a113973.jpg
    f609ce52.jpg
    98061774.jpg

:mrgreen:
    NORM!!!!!! :D
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    PJaddicted, I love that picture of Petey!!! :D

Hi Norm :)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

Great pics!
    That must be Norm's favorite spot. :mrgreen:
    Great pics!

yep! he loves it...he's even taken to sleep there during the night...i figure since i've got an old sheet on it and he likes it, why not? :mrgreen:
    norm wrote:
    Great pics!

yep! he loves it...he's even taken to sleep there during the night...i figure since i've got an old sheet on it and he likes it, why not? :mrgreen:

For sure ;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJaddicted wrote:
    Why can't he sleep in the house?

because for starters, hes a dog.
    #2 hes not toilet trained
    #3 and this is the most important reason....... i dont want him in the house.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    This is a picture that i have posted before, normally i would be right beside her....

08-29-09.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

norm eats a stick :lol::lol:

2728c86e.jpg
    c0ff0fc2.jpg
    f32507e1.jpg
    53364875.jpg
    ad765921.jpg
    4c7d19d7.jpg
    50435ba5.jpg
    bf65763d.jpg
    norm wrote:

BOTH norms are easily amused! :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    norm wrote:
    Needing more fiber in his diet? :eh: :think: :lol:
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    norm wrote:
    this one's for sen :mrgreen:

ad9a8cc9.jpg

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!
    i LOVE that!!!! Normie has great taste!!! :lol: Thanks pal! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!