~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,875
    Cooper enjoying his first snow storm :D

DSC_0148.jpg

ya gotta love how dogs like rubbing their noses in the snow! Welcome, Cooper! :thumbup:
    Austicman wrote:
    Hey all. We had the dogs at an off leash dog park yesterday and things were going good for about half and hour until a toy poodle and a pug came in and Bubba went straight for the poodle, grabbed it and shook it. The poodle ended up with a few cut that would need stitching. Felt so bad. She's never done anything like that before. She's lived with little Ringo all this time with no problems and she's been great with the new pup.

Any suggestions on training for her so this doesn't happen again? She was playing fine with the bigger dogs like I said for about half an hour and then this. There's no question about it now we'll have to get her spayed for starters but really want to get this agressive behaviour under control too.

Cheers

This is my worst nightmare. Gracie doesn't have a mean bone in her body, but that doesn't mean I haven't had a "get your dog on a leash" lecture or two. It's these people who have the worst anti-social, barking and nipping dogs. Anyway, after a few run-ins, I just said "fuck it" - if we see a little dog who hasn't met Gracie, I just snap the leash on until I can determine friend or foe. :shock:
    Here are some pix !!

IMG_0518.jpg

I love this picture! :mrgreen: and I also love how the neighbor dog is watching! :lol::lol:
    jimed14 wrote:

LGwRhino.jpg

The Little Guy rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • wow - lots of great new pics!
    i snapped a few pics of chloe and igby in the snow sunday. sooo funny, always have to shovel a path for little igby. this is a bit too much snow for him, doesn't enjoy it that much. chloe loves it, but w/o a playmate, not as much fun. i'll try to get a few up soon. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    jimed14 wrote:
    LGSantaSweater.jpg

Is it me, or is this Santa really fuckin' creepy? I thought so.
    I was just thinking, there is something really off about that Santa. :wtf:
    LG looks mighty cute though. :thumbup:

I'm sure his Cushing's will be OK since you were able to get an early diagnosis.
    Did he enjoy the ultrasound since it involved a tummy rub? :lol:

It's amazing how good this dog is with the vet, even when doctor jellyfinger makes a visit, he's so calm. Hell, I cringe more during that moment than he does.

Thanks for the well wishes ... we'll see in January how things are progressing.

Love all the snow pics! Happy dogs in the snow makes everyone smile!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    alright one more :oops: :mrgreen:

IMG_3428a.jpg
  • norm wrote:

IMG_3428a.jpg
    Aw, I really like this one! :clap:

I know the snow has been a huge inconvenience to all you guys over this past weekend but it's made for some great doggie pictures!

It's been sunny and warm in Texas the last 2 days.
    So warm that my prince gave our doggies baths yesterday. They look so pretty! :thumbup:
    It's supposed to turn cold by Wednesday and be REALLY cold for Christmas! :shock:
    But no snow and no White Christmas expected. :(
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    pandora wrote:
    My son just mentioned yesterday Cesar Milan's (Dog Whisper) new book just came out in time for Christmas :)
    might have the answers you are looking for. Aggression is a serious problem but my thought was perhaps protecting little Ringo?? Good luck to you all

Thinking about it for a couple of days I think its was a couple of factors. She seen a white fluffy ball running and instinctively chased it down and attacked it. Maybe she didn't think it was a dog but some other small animal. We've decided that there's to be no more fluffy toys and more balls and stuff like that to play with and like Rob said she stays on the leash until we're sure there will be no trouble.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • norm wrote:

IMG_3428a.jpg

That's great Norm. :clap:
  • Cleo wanted to go along on our last minute Christmas shopping trip.

IMG00163.jpg

Notice the muddy paws. She needs a bath STAT. :lol:
  • imalive wrote:
    Cooper enjoying his first snow storm :D

DSC_0148.jpg

ya gotta love how dogs like rubbing their noses in the snow! Welcome, Cooper! :thumbup:
    Austicman wrote:
    Hey all. We had the dogs at an off leash dog park yesterday and things were going good for about half and hour until a toy poodle and a pug came in and Bubba went straight for the poodle, grabbed it and shook it. The poodle ended up with a few cut that would need stitching. Felt so bad. She's never done anything like that before. She's lived with little Ringo all this time with no problems and she's been great with the new pup.

Any suggestions on training for her so this doesn't happen again? She was playing fine with the bigger dogs like I said for about half an hour and then this. There's no question about it now we'll have to get her spayed for starters but really want to get this agressive behaviour under control too.

Cheers

This is my worst nightmare. Gracie doesn't have a mean bone in her body, but that doesn't mean I haven't had a "get your dog on a leash" lecture or two. It's these people who have the worst anti-social, barking and nipping dogs. Anyway, after a few run-ins, I just said "fuck it" - if we see a little dog who hasn't met Gracie, I just snap the leash on until I can determine friend or foe. :shock:
    Here are some pix !!

IMG_0518.jpg

I love this picture! :mrgreen: and I also love how the neighbor dog is watching! :lol::lol:
    jimed14 wrote:

LGwRhino.jpg

The Little Guy rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats Bubba in the background !

Him and Bailey grew up together...hes not real friendly though :|
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • norm wrote:

IMG_3428a.jpg

I think Norm just saw Santa !

:lol:8-)

• I took this with my cell

Bailey wanted to cuddle

BaileyChloeSleep.jpg

:thumbup:

• PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736

I know the snow has been a huge inconvenience to all you guys over this past weekend but it's made for some great doggie pictures!

Well you talk about a inconvenience, we had a freezing rain Sunday night that left a half inch of ice. So Monday morning Trix goes outside and she falls down. My first thing was that her legs gave out again, not knowing how bad this sheet of ice was all over, I rush out to pick her up and I fall right on top of her back end, breaking the fall with my arms. She starts to cry, I am like OMG what did i just do!!!! It took me a minute to get up, and then I helped her up. Limping she goes on the grass where it is some what safe, but not completly. I go to put down some carpet on the walk way, so we both could walk.
    She falls down again, so i picked her up and carried her inside. She is not limping now but scared to go outside and I can't blame her. I had to show her that I put carpet down so she could walk to the grass. She will only walk where in the grass where I cleared a path from the previous snow storm. I felt so bad that I gave her like 10 treats, and I still feel bad about it :(

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Well you talk about a inconvenience, we had a freezing rain Sunday night that left a half inch of ice. So Monday morning Trix goes outside and she falls down. My first thing was that her legs gave out again, not knowing how bad this sheet of ice was all over, I rush out to pick her up and I fall right on top of her back end, breaking the fall with my arms. She starts to cry, I am like OMG what did i just do!!!! It took me a minute to get up, and then I helped her up. Limping she goes on the grass where it is some what safe, but not completly. I go to put down some carpet on the walk way, so we both could walk.
    She falls down again, so i picked her up and carried her inside. She is not limping now but scared to go outside and I can't blame her. I had to show her that I put carpet down so she could walk to the grass. She will only walk where in the grass where I cleared a path from the previous snow storm. I felt so bad that I gave her like 10 treats, and I still feel bad about it :(

Aw, Ron :cry: . It's tough, having a senior dog.... we're always worried about them. Merry (white) Christmas to you and Trix!!!!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    11255_1222316569868_1587572007_541268_7229747_n.jpg

11255_1222103644545_1587572007_540863_5409404_n.jpg

Photos of my twin's dogs.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • imalive wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Aw, Ron :cry: . It's tough, having a senior dog.... we're always worried about them. Merry (white) Christmas to you and Trix!!!!
    Sorry to hear about poor Trix's troubles. I agree, when you have an older dog, so many complications. When my Petey was getting older he had osteoarthritis and his hind legs would just suddenly give way. One day he fell off our back porch and I only caught him in the nick of time. A 4 ft. hard drop might not have been a big deal when he was a young dog but considering his age and health problems, he could have been badly injured. I was upset for days. :(

Amazingly, it is snowing in north Texas! Not really sticking since it was 75 degrees yesterday. :crazy: If it sticks around maybe I can get some snow dog pics of my own. In the meantime, hope you and Trix have a Merry Christmas!
    Merry Christmas to the doggies and the dog people! :mrgreen:

IMG_2233.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Merry Christmas!!

Love,
    Carol & Petey!
    ox

DSC02094-1-1-1.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

xmas_2009.jpg
  • Merry Christmas fellow doggies and doggy peeps. Cleo had a good day begging and eating treats. She tore up every piece of wrapping paper she could get her paws on. She acted like a puppy again. :D
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    A LATE Merry Christmas to everyone! I LOVE all the christmas/snow pictures!!! :D Here is the ONLY Christmas picture I have of Surfer. He was outside digging a hole for his toys and i brought him in for this pic. He was NOT happy! :lol: You can see his nose full of dirt! :lol: ahhh my little fat boy! And nevermind the gray areas....i colored myself out! :lol:
    surfchristmas1-1.jpg
    Gracie has a little friend staying with us.... Emma, the Goldendoodle :shock: .

They play a lot and wear each other out.... which is a good thing :thumbup: . As for the pink spread - it came out when Gracie was "leaking" from her wound and she likes it.

IMG_2516.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:
    Gracie has a little friend staying with us.... Emma, the Goldendoodle :shock: .

They play a lot and wear each other out.... which is a good thing :thumbup: . As for the pink spread - it came out when Gracie was "leaking" from her wound and she likes it.

IMG_2516.jpg
    You felt the need to explain that? :P :lol:
    Srsly, I know it was the FIRST THING I noticed! :roll:

Glad Gracie has a friend to play with and even more glad that she feels like playing! :thumbup:
  • DSC04400.jpg

OK, so I'm kinda late but MERRY CHRISTMAS to everybody from the Princess and family!

Carolyn and Glenn
    Django and Penny
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    DSC04400.jpg

OK, so I'm kinda late but MERRY CHRISTMAS to everybody from the Princess and family!

Carolyn and Glenn
    Django and Penny
    Wow that is simply beautiful, love it, and so sweet your addition of the doggies just like yours- very cool indeed
    Belated Merry Christmas to you and thanks for sharing!
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Hi everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Petey turned 38 months today, we are celebrating every month we get with him.

DSC02122-1.jpg
    DSC02125-1.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • PJaddicted wrote:
    Hi everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Petey turned 38 months today, we are celebrating every month we get with him.

DSC02122-1.jpg
    DSC02125-1.jpg

Yay Petey!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap: Looks good.
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    DSC04805.jpg

This my boy and his best mate Rufus the miniature poodle. We adopted Rufus nearly 12 months ago, after putting my 14yo standard poodle Mac to sleep after he had a stroke. Mac is buried at the front of our property under his favourite tree, and Mr K ensures that everyone says "hello" to Mac on a regualr basis!

Everywhere Mr K goes, Rufus is by his side, including bed! Two crazy, madhatters!
    DSC04805.jpg

That ^^^^ is one great picture! :clap::clap::clap:

I know I have some better play pictures still on my camera but it'll probably be a week before I can dump them. We're heading to snow country tomorrow :mrgreen: . In the meantime..... "Gracie! OFF!" :lol:

IMG_2522.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    imalive wrote:
    Merry Christmas to the doggies and the dog people! :mrgreen:

IMG_2233.jpg

ha, a very nice warm season feel to that picture ... it was 17 degrees when I stepped off the plane in Boston the other day.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • pandora wrote:
    Wow that is simply beautiful, love it, and so sweet your addition of the doggies just like yours- very cool indeed
    Belated Merry Christmas to you and thanks for sharing!
    Thanks. Seems to me that if shepherds were there, it makes perfect sense for sheepdogs to be there too. ;)

It snowed like crazy on Christmas Eve with the result that North Texas had its first white Christmas since 1926! :o :wtf: :clap:
    Course the sun came out on Christmas Day and melted most of it. :roll: :lol:
    But we still got some pictures of snow doggies:

"What's this white stuff?"
    DSC04410.jpg

"Maybe I'll just catch some rays while I'm out here."
    DSC04420.jpg

Dashing through the snow . . . .
    DSC04427.jpg

"You taking my picture?"
    DSC04426.jpg