norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

100_1673-1.jpg

She's gorgeous. I'll be thinking good thoughts for Trix. That's scary. :(

Did the spotted dog create those spots in your yard? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: damn rob! :P :mrgreen:

norm and i are thinking of trix :)

Thanks guys, and yes those spots are from the spotted one... ;)
    It just so happenes when i get the lawn growing again, she hits the same spot. Gotta love her.

100_1729-1.jpg

Did you guys notice in this pic, half way down on top of her back, the HEART spot...
    No wonder she is a love dog, and has a lot of heart :!:
    She was also posted in the second DEEP issue, match the dog with its owner contest. Take a look, that meant a lot to me at that time. She almost passed away around that time.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

100_1673-1.jpg

Trix smelling the roses

100_1729-1.jpg

When she realized i was taking pics of her

100_1731-1.jpg

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! That last picture is GREAT!!!! :D Shes looking at you the way she does when she hears me tell you to give her another scooby snack and you REFUSE!!!! :lol: Thanks for these pics......they worked :)
    Hey everybody! :) I wanted to come here and just write & also wanted to tell you all that I have really appreciated ALL of your pictures and kindness and love for doggies in this thread. Today the 23rd of July is 2 years since Surfer died. :cry: Its been a weird exxxperience and one that I am not over but have learned to live with. Seeing all the pictures in here TOTALLY hits the spot when i need doggie comfort.

I cant say Im 100% better becuz, I guess this takes time? However, I dont cry as often as i used to. It still hurts like hell and i find myself going to the doggie section to buy scooby snacks and doggie food and reminding myself to leave the radio on before i leave for him.:? I should say though that I've been really good and super happy this whole year so far thanks to someone really fantastic. ;) They've given me something to focus on and it feels good to replace my pain with pleasant thoughts of this person. They have been a complete GIFT that i do not take for granted. I swear though, like effin CLOCKWORK, i felt this feeling overcome me tonite and I realized damn, july 23rd alreddie. ugh I have been crying all freakin night and I havnt done that in a while. i cant stop! :oops: I never allowed myself the cry time when this happened cuz there was alot of changes going on with me.

Tonite it just feels strong like I miss Surfer so much more than i ever have. I wish i could just pat my leg and hear him come running. Or get the leash and say lets go for a walk. My sleep pattern has never been the same since him being gone. Everyone asks "why dont you sleep?!" well, i just cant. I wake up alot cuz i hear him whimpering or cuz i dont feel him nexxxt to me. But...i cant tell EVERYONE this cuz, they wont get it. Im sure i will be ok in a day, i just feel really sadd in this moment and its really rare that im sadd! Anyway, here are some pictures that i have probably posted before but i dont have new ones! :( And as you all know, i didnt come here to write looking for sympathy or attention. If i did, i would have started a new thread like everyone else does! You guys have all been very supportive these past 2 years and i cant thank you enough. My "hero" has been perfect in being there and I thank him dearly. Also last year, meeting Normie was the sweetest birthday gift for me and healed my heart that much more. Thanks to Rob for ALWAYS encouraging me to get a new puppy evenFLOW gracie drives him nuts! :lol: And Carol......ahhhh so many things. Youre the best! All of you guys are amazing and i enjoy the fact that when somn is wrong within this doggie family, we all are there for each other. its beautiful. :D THANK YOU!

This is Surf watching Almost Famous with me. Im NOT lying!!! :mrgreen:
    watchingAF.jpg

Heres him in this basket with his brothers and sister, 2 weeks old!
    puppies-1.jpg

And, the last day I spent with him at the beach..... :|
    surfkiss2-1-1.jpg

"see the path cut by the moon for you to walk on....."
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    imalive wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    That is a great pic of a good looking puppy !!! Thanks imalive ....

That's LAST June. The day we brought her home, I think. God, she's grown! :shock: :mrgreen:

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    So i took the pup in for a minor surgery today, to have a rather large cyst removed. The surgery went good,
    untill he examined the mass that he had removed. The vet told me that it was a tumor instead of a cyst, well not what i wanted to hear! She was a trooper during the surgery. I held her down while he did this. The vet told me that he has only seen a few dogs be so good and still while doing this type of surgery. He also told me that she must really feel safe with you, to be that calm and knowing that i would not let anything harm her. That made me feel so good when he told me that, It kinda got my mind of what he had really removed. For being so good during surgery, i gave her an extra treat for dinner tonight !!!

So, what was the tumor??? Is everything all good?? :( Gracie has a tumor/cyst, right now, that we're "watching" until her next vet appt. in August (not my call; the vet's).

Good Luck with everything for the both of you

Bailey had a cyst removed and everything was A-OK

I'm sure everything is fine !
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,870
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Thanks to Rob for ALWAYS encouraging me to get a new puppy evenFLOW gracie drives him nuts! :lol:

Gracie doesn't always drive me nuts!!

IMG_2297.jpg

I still want you to get another doggie, Sen! It would be good for you and good for the lucky dog. Dry your tears and start screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" at a new pup! :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    SENROCK,I hope you are doing better It is a very hard thing to go through.I never expected it to be so hard when I put Hunter down.I dont post that much on here,but when I put him down I had to get it off my chest and tell someone.I was shocked to get the support I did,I dont show my emotions that much, but Senrock you really reached out to me and that was very kind of you.You made it a little easier to deal with it.Thank you.Love the pics!!Here are a couple of Hunter the day I took him.
    5096_1017429893637_1761817098_26197_6074589_s.jpg
    5096_1017429933638_1761817098_26198_1354175_s.jpg
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!

Good Luck with everything for the both of you

Bailey had a cyst removed and everything was A-OK

I'm sure everything is fine !

Hey! We need some "summer pics" of the 'kids' in here!!!!! :D
    imalive wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Thanks to Rob for ALWAYS encouraging me to get a new puppy evenFLOW gracie drives him nuts! :lol:

Gracie doesn't always drive me nuts!!

IMG_2297.jpg

I still want you to get another doggie, Sen! It would be good for you and good for the lucky dog. Dry your tears and start screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" at a new pup! :mrgreen:

HOLY CHRIST u picked my faaaaaaaavorite posed pic!!!!!!! :mrgreen: SLEEPING FROG LEGS!!!!! :mrgreen: Thanks for that! It melted my heart this morning. And I knowwwwww you want me to get another doggie. I will soon...... :?
    phillyfan wrote:
    SENROCK,I hope you are doing better It is a very hard thing to go through.I never expected it to be so hard when I put Hunter down.I dont post that much on here,but when I put him down I had to get it off my chest and tell someone.I was shocked to get the support I did,I dont show my emotions that much, but Senrock you really reached out to me and that was very kind of you.You made it a little easier to deal with it.Thank you.Love the pics!!Here are a couple of Hunter the day I took him.
    5096_1017429893637_1761817098_26197_6074589_s.jpg
    5096_1017429933638_1761817098_26198_1354175_s.jpg

LOVVVVVE the pics!!! :) Thanks for the kind words. The way I look at it is you reap what you sow. When I lost Surf, everyone was super nice and supportive so why not return the kindness? :) Thats what this doggie thread family is all about! The day turned out to be pretty ok. I still hadd my moments but I got a phone call early this morning from someone that turned my frown upside down from the laughter! :D It helped alot and im thankful. I know it happens but i wish NOBODY ever has to exxxperience the loss. It effin SUCKS!!! However, theres always support in this thread and that is why it was created!!! :D

And incase you guys forgot.... heres our doggie thread photo site if any of you want to see pics or need somewhere to add your own! I look at it ALLLLLLLLL the time!!!! :mrgreen:
    http://www.photobucket.com/PITDOGGIES password is pearljam
    Lizard wrote:
    Cute doggy pics everyone!!
    I don't have a dog at the moment but if I did he'd look like this:
    hotdog.jpg

:D

Lizard what in thee HELL??????????? :shock: :lol:
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Just looked at all the pics, very cool :)

Grumpy Gracie picture is classic !

Glad your feeling better SENROCK !

Phantom Pain, thanks for the positive thoughts !

So to give an update, The second night while i was sleeping Trix took off her bandage :o
    I have no idea how she did that, so i put it back on, and wouldn't you know she did it again!
    This time i just left it off... Taking her to the vet today to get examined, and get some info.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    For SENROCK!!! So happy you have come back to join us here.....it's so boring without YOU! Hugs for your anniversary. oxox

I Remember
    I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.
    I could see that you were crying. You found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,
    "It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,
    You were thinking of the many times your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today. Your arms were getting sore.
    I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care.
    I want to re-assure you, that I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
    I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "It's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.
    I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.

It's possible for me to be so near you everyday.
    To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew...
    in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning
    and say "Good-night, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
    I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.
    Be patient, live your journey out... then come home to be with me.

Author unknown
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • DrockNJDrockNJ Posts: 43
    here's fat boy Rosco again...

photow.jpg

photo2m.jpg

photo3zvf.jpg

photo4x.jpg
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I bet Roscoe would really like Bonnie
    and I'm sure bonnie would really like Roscoe
    I'll have to try to get a pic on here she's my sons bulldog
    DrockNJ wrote:

photo2m.jpg

That's the kind of dog that just makes you smile. :mrgreen:
    pandora wrote:
    I bet Roscoe would really like Bonnie
    and I'm sure bonnie would really like Roscoe

PUPPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    bulldog puppies are so cute too
    pandora wrote:
    bulldog puppies are so cute too

We recently met a girl on the SF Muni train who was holding an 8 week old bulldog pup. Cute as hell. She said she lived in an apartment and needed "the most lazy, do nothing dog" she could find. :shock: :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Update on the Trix,

So i took her to the vet yesterday, and the first thing he tells me is that she ate her outer stitches :o .
    He said no harm in that, but it might take a little longer to heal. He also told me it looked good and that it was healing good. Then i asked him the question, and he told me that the tumor was cancer :( and that he was able to get it all out. He was glad that i didnt wait much longer to have it removed. Like the other cyst she has had, they normaly open up and ooze out, but this one just was not doing that. I could tell it was bothering her, she kept licking at it. She has been getting more and more of these "bumps" all over her body, so i am worried a little more these days. He felt a few of the worse ones and said one of them felt like fatty tissue built up, the others he said just watch them. I am really bummed now, but cant let Trix know that, she knows when something is wrong with me.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Update on the Trix,

Then i asked him the question, and he told me that the tumor was cancer :( and that he was able to get it all out. She has been getting more and more of these "bumps" all over her body, so i am worried a little more these days. I am really bummed now, but cant let Trix know that, she knows when something is wrong with me.

Oh, man :cry::cry::cry: . Not the news I wanted to hear. I've been through that whole helpless feeling before. I'll just think good thoughts for you and the Trix and hope your vet really did get it all. I'm trying notto be worried about Gracie's bump, but I am. I mean, she's only 15 months old....it couldn't be anything bad, could it? How old is Trixxie? Please keep us posted. I don't want to speak for everyone, but I'm pretty sure we're all "here for you."

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Update on the Trix,

Then i asked him the question, and he told me that the tumor was cancer :( and that he was able to get it all out. She has been getting more and more of these "bumps" all over her body, so i am worried a little more these days. I am really bummed now, but cant let Trix know that, she knows when something is wrong with me.

Oh, man :cry::cry::cry: . Not the news I wanted to hear. I've been through that whole helpless feeling before. I'll just think good thoughts for you and the Trix and hope your vet really did get it all. I'm trying notto be worried about Gracie's bump, but I am. I mean, she's only 15 months old....it couldn't be anything bad, could it? How old is Trixxie? Please keep us posted. I don't want to speak for everyone, but I'm pretty sure we're all "here for you."

Lets hope not !!! Like you had said, think good thoughts. She is wayyy to young for that.

Trix turned 12 on fathers day, and i am sooo thankful for everones good thoughts and comments.

From everything i have read and been told an avearge life of a dalmation is 10 yrs old. So i do not take one day for granted that i get to be with her, and play with her. It is still great to see that she chases after squirls,rabbits,cats, dogs,birds oh and the mail man...hehe She even watches TV with me and when she sees animals she starts to bark and go over to the TV, it cracks me up. :lol:

I normally don't like to post bad news, well because its a downer. But i will keep the ones that want to know updated. Once again thanks, it helps me feel a little bit better.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

DrockNJ wrote:
    here's fat boy Rosco again...

photow.jpg

photo2m.jpg

photo3zvf.jpg

photo4x.jpg

omg! i LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE Roscoe pics!!! That is exxxactly the kind of doggie i want for my brother! :D Thank you for posting those!
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Update on the Trix,

So i took her to the vet yesterday, and the first thing he tells me is that she ate her outer stitches :o .
    He said no harm in that, but it might take a little longer to heal. He also told me it looked good and that it was healing good. Then i asked him the question, and he told me that the tumor was cancer :( and that he was able to get it all out. He was glad that i didnt wait much longer to have it removed. Like the other cyst she has had, they normaly open up and ooze out, but this one just was not doing that. I could tell it was bothering her, she kept licking at it. She has been getting more and more of these "bumps" all over her body, so i am worried a little more these days. He felt a few of the worse ones and said one of them felt like fatty tissue built up, the others he said just watch them. I am really bummed now, but cant let Trix know that, she knows when something is wrong with me.

it cracks me up that she first of all, removed her sling while u were sleeping! :lol:
    now, i will tell you this when we talk later but you probably wont LISTEN so im gonna tell you here! :D I see two positive things in your post up there. 1) the tumor WAS cancer but he got it all out! 2)the worst ones felt like fatty tissue.
    Those are 2 things to build on and they act as a light in the darkest tunnel! Of course, its normal to be a LITTLE worried but at the same time, do your best to smile and hug the trixxx even more! :D
    imalive wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Update on the Trix,

To make light of this situation and to help u not worry, im gonna go ahead and say that gracies bump is a little storage place for more energy! :lol: im not being insensitive, im just not good at being sadd or worrisome :? so i always have to laugh and have a good time! big hugs to you Rob and scratch Gracies doggie stomach for me please! :lol: get the spot that makes her leg kick :mrgreen:
    For SENROCK

My niece got a new puppy, she is 11 weeks old, half retriever and lab. Got to play with her, oh man i had a blast, but when I got home, Trix was all mad at me... She forgave me though, cause i gave her an EXTRA treat!!!

here are some pics

07-25-09-1456.jpg

07-25-09-1457.jpg

07-25-09-1457a.jpg

07-25-09-1505.jpg

07-25-09-1508a.jpg

This last pic was after i wore her out....

07-25-09-1541.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    For SENROCK

My niece got a new puppy, she is 11 weeks old, half retriever and lab. Got to play with her, oh man i had a blast, but when I got home, Trix was all mad at me... She forgave me though, cause i gave her an EXTRA treat!!!

here are some pics

07-25-09-1457a.jpg

07-25-09-1541.jpg

Ahhhhh, the memories! That last pic is just like the "devil eye" Gracie gives me before she attaches herself to my leg. :o

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • FearTheBeardFearTheBeard Posts: 666
    So last night, Mochi, my 3 year old yellow lab decided to eat an entire pack of Orbit gum :shock:
    I called the vet at around 11:00 pm and took her over to the emergency pet hospital. Apparantly, Xylitol, an ingredient in sugarless gum can cause extreme liver problems and even death. They enduced vomiting and got 23 pieces of gum out of her system. Crazy she ate the whole pack! :o They sent her home with me after about an hour. Poor thing! :cry:

The vet joked afterwards how the vomit was minty fresh! :lol:
    ucsbflipflop, Hope she is doing ok....

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

imalive wrote:

07-25-09-1541.jpg

Ahhhhh, the memories! That last pic is just like the "devil eye" Gracie gives me before she attaches herself to my leg. :o[/quote]

..... :lol:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2