Options

10 club on WMMR NEEDS ALL OF OUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    ringoringo Posts: 504
    We tried and failed.

Unsticky please.
    d'oh
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    Solat13 wrote:
    I love the way he sent back a bulk generic email to everyone who wrote in. :rolleyes: I doubt he even read our emails, but then I'm awfully cynical at times.

Sometimes it's not about the content of the e-mails themselves, but the amount of them.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    SoybeansSoybeans Posts: 245
    It's corporate bullshit. What else do you expect? I expect nothing less. Look at how poorly worded the response is. It shows a total lack of compassion. This is change for the sake of change. Fuck it. Just get XM or Sirius and leave these relics to rot.
    90 shows and counting...some of my favs: Randall's Island night 2, Milwaukee '95 night 2, Hawaii '06, St Johns '05, PJ20!
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    ^^ Yeah satellite is the way to go. MMR plays nothing but shit these days. "We play the most Pearl Jam of any radio station." Really?? I hardly ever hear any and whenever I do it's Jeremy, Alive, or Black.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    MattyJoe wrote:
    ^^ Yeah satellite is the way to go. MMR plays nothing but shit these days. "We play the most Pearl Jam of any radio station." Really?? I hardly ever hear any and whenever I do it's Jeremy, Alive, or Black.

You must not listen to MMR much then.... I haven't heard Jeremy in weeks, I have heard Alive and Black but I've also heard Indifference, Immortality, and others during all hours of the day, not just at 10PM.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    1. I think it's a good public relations program for the station...the 10 Club is something many in the Pearl Jam community know about...even if they don't listen regularly. The call letters WMMR are branded in this fan base.

2. However, if the daypart ratings are down, then it's harder to sell advertisement for the station during that time...thus, they're going to tinker with it to see if the change helps the station.

I can see both points of view...but if it comes down to a revenue issue...especially for a terrestrial radio...changes will be made.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    This is what I was sent:June 6, 2008

Dear WMMR listener:

Thanks for your recent email regarding WMMR’s Pearl Jam feature, The Ten Club. The Monday-Thursday feature has been placed on hiatus. You deserve an explanation why.

Our night-time host, Matt Cord loves Pearl Jam as much as you do and was also quite upset at the programming change. Matt is one of the best radio hosts in the country. The fact we are not as competitive at night, ratings-wise, as in our other dayparts leads me to deduce the cause as a musical one and certainly not the host’s.

20 minutes of Pearl Jam music every night isn’t the sole reason for the change but when combined with myriad features (The Perfect 10- a listener programmed hour of songs each night at 9pm, The 11 O’clock News- a block of all new songs at 11pm, etc) it creates a somewhat inconsistent experience when tuning into WMMR at night. The box of chocolates analogy may be good for Forrest Gump but not so much for night time ratings.

We have also pulled these other features as well. We will evaluate the move in 8 weeks.

I thank you for your support thus far and for your passionate involvement in WMMR’s programming. WMMR plays more Pearl Jam than any other station in the USA. Trust we’ll offer plenty of special programming surrounding their upcoming concerts in Philadelphia.

Thank you again for providing us with feedback,

Sincerely,

Bill Weston, program director WMMR
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    junior94junior94 Posts: 1
    I'm ashamed to admit the way in which I found out about this news, by someone posting about it in a PJ related thread on a Dave Matthews Band forum. I've not been a very good WMMR listener lately :(

And this truly sucks for Matt. He's been a sort of 'acquaintenance' of mine for about a dozen years now. He came in as a customer to the gas station/car wash I worked at and I recognized his voice instantly :D (& this was in his original MMR stint, before he went to Y100 for those few years) He proceeded to chat with me for like 15 minutes and even gave me some station goodies out of his trunk. Ever since then I've stayed in contact with him over the phone on his shift or thru emailing, including the few years I lived in Los Angeles. I don't think I'd be outta line in saying that he even hooked me up with a lawn ticket for one of the 6/03 PJ shows at Camden. I recently mailed him along some fan made DVDs that I'm sure most of us are familiar with in the collecting community (Storytellers, fanclub only post-Letterman concert, all 6 discs of the "Jason A" clips collection) and he's told me that he's using some of the audio from them in his show.

I emailed him earlier today to share my sadness and frustration. This really blows.
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Soybeans wrote:
    It's corporate bullshit. What else do you expect? I expect nothing less. Look at how poorly worded the response is. It shows a total lack of compassion. This is change for the sake of change. Fuck it. Just get XM or Sirius and leave these relics to rot.

at least a response was given......
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Matt Cord sent me a text last night and it said .....

" Yes, its true. no more 10c, end of an era......sry "
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    I think it was the perfect 10 leading into the 10 club that KILLED thier ratings. I highly doubt it was the 3-4 Pearl Jam songs in a row that had many changing the channel. Just my opinion but I figured I would share. Hey Chromium are you doing any other shows or just Philly? It was cool hanging out with you in Seattle and last year in Chicago! Some of us are planning on hitting the Mets v. Mariners game on the day off in between DC and NYC night one let me know if your interested.
    Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
  • Options
    vedhead19vedhead19 Posts: 89
    The fact is that fm radio sucks and xm and sirius aren't much better. When all you here all day long long is three days grace, distrurbed, korn, and the worst band of all time nickelback that should really tell you something. But I don't blame the stations I blame all the idiots who go out and buy this junk. They are the real problem!
    are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?

can't escape from the common rule if you hate something, don't you do it too

• Options
    this is what I received:

June 6, 2008

Dear WMMR listener:

Thanks for your recent email regarding WMMR’s Pearl Jam feature, The Ten Club. The Monday-Thursday feature has been placed on hiatus. You deserve an explanation why.

Our night-time host, Matt Cord loves Pearl Jam as much as you do and was also quite upset at the programming change. Matt is one of the best radio hosts in the country. The fact we are not as competitive at night, ratings-wise, as in our other dayparts leads me to deduce the cause as a musical one and certainly not the host’s.

20 minutes of Pearl Jam music every night isn’t the sole reason for the change but when combined with myriad features (The Perfect 10- a listener programmed hour of songs each night at 9pm, The 11 O’clock News- a block of all new songs at 11pm, etc) it creates a somewhat inconsistent experience when tuning into WMMR at night. The box of chocolates analogy may be good for Forrest Gump but not so much for night time ratings.

We have also pulled these other features as well. We will evaluate the move in 8 weeks.

I thank you for your support thus far and for your passionate involvement in WMMR’s programming. WMMR plays more Pearl Jam than any other station in the USA . Trust we’ll offer plenty of special programming surrounding their upcoming concerts in Philadelphia .
    Thank you again for providing us with feedback,

Sincerely,

Bill Weston, program director WMMR
    I will hold the candle until it burns up my arm. I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired. I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind. I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.
  • Options
    I sent my email in. I can't believe that they would even consider putting an end to a block like that? What the hell is wrong with them? Great idea by the way. i told him if he put an end to it I wouldn't even consider listening to the station.
  • Options
    I think it was the perfect 10 leading into the 10 club that KILLED thier ratings. I highly doubt it was the 3-4 Pearl Jam songs in a row that had many changing the channel. Just my opinion but I figured I would share. Hey Chromium are you doing any other shows or just Philly? It was cool hanging out with you in Seattle and last year in Chicago! Some of us are planning on hitting the Mets v. Mariners game on the day off in between DC and NYC night one let me know if your interested.

What's up Nixon?? Just Philly and MSG1, traveling to Michigan with my girlfriend for a wedding and we're leaving the morning after the first MSG show. I'm sure that I'll see you and others before the Camden shows...
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• Options
    chromiam wrote:
    What's up Nixon?? Just Philly and MSG1, traveling to Michigan with my girlfriend for a wedding and we're leaving the morning after the first MSG show. I'm sure that I'll see you and others before the Camden shows...

Where in Michigan are you gonna be bro? I am gonna be on the east coast or else I would have loved to hang out with you on my home turf!!
    Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
  • Options
    Where in Michigan are you gonna be bro? I am gonna be on the east coast or else I would have loved to hang out with you on my home turf!!

I'll be up in Cheboygan for about a week and a half. Few days for the wedding and the rest of the time resting and relaxing.

Admin

• Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Philly area locals!!!!!

http://www.arbitronratings.com/

Put your name in the mix.... maybe you'll get selected.... just select their competition during that time frame...
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    Philly area locals!!!!!

http://www.arbitronratings.com/

Put your name in the mix.... maybe you'll get selected.... just select their competition during that time frame...

I was selected the last two years. I wonder what I put down for 10 o'clock weeknights. ;)
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13