Options

10 club on WMMR NEEDS ALL OF OUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    Email sent. It was very short, but hopefully it does the trick!
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Easy Bro I am not saying that at all Patrick. I just said there was already a thread dedicated to that. I actually have written him a letter to raise up his spirts thanks for your concern.

check your pms. nite
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    um... sticky?
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    um... sticky?

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
  • Options
    dityfrankdityfrank Posts: 15
    I sent an email too. Hopefully all these emails help
  • Options
    Alright, California reporting in...Just sent then an e-mail buddy. I've done my part. Let's hope your friend Matt gets the opportunity to continue doing this for the PJ fans!!
    EvilClosetMonkey is my hero, he is AWESOME!!!!!!
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    um... sticky?

Why not?

They sticky much less worthy threads.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    ringoringo Posts: 504
    I did my part even though I not from the Philly area. I will be there for the Camden shows and I have heard a lot about Matt from the board. Here's what I had to say:

Dear Mr. Bill Weston,

I was saddened to hear that this block of Pearl Jam will no longer be played on weeknights at 10PM. My job brings me to Philly quite regularly and I always look forward to rocking out to a few PJ songs. Matt is an awesome radio personality and it's a shame that you are taking away something that he is so passionate about.

Please reconsider your decision.

Regards,

(name)

"There goes the last DJ who plays what he wants to play" - Tom Petty
    d'oh
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    I also sent an email. While I don't get to listen regularly anymore, it's to know that it's there when I need it. :D
  • Options
    blueeyedevilblueeyedevil Posts: 173
    Just wanted to put a bump in before I go into the office. Please help out your fellow NJ/PA Pearl Jam fans. Thanks all!
    Philly-4/28/03, Holmdel-7/14/03, Reading-10/1/04, Philly-10/3/05, Camden-5/27/06, Camden-5/28/05, Camden-6/19/08, Camden-6/20/08, MSG- 6/25/08
  • Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    Email sent. Also sent to Thomas Young.
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Honestly, all of these emails are great but if you want to keep the 10 Club on the air, the best thing to do is tune in at 10PM every night. Plain and simple, if people listen to the show as they have in the past, both in the Philly area and all over the country and world through on line streaming, it would continue.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    Big EdBig Ed Posts: 331
    Done. Thanks.
    I hope all this helps.
    Ignoring Rusted Signs
  • Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    SENT!

Dear Mr. Weston,

I have received news that your station will be canceling Matt Cord's daily Pearl Jam block, known as the 10Club at 10. I ask that you please reconsider this programming decision, as it has upset more than your local listeners, but Pearl Jam fans across the country, and no doubt the world- wherever the gracious reach of the Internet extends. I myself, avail myself in New York City of the nightly Pearl Jam block via WMMR.com.

You see, Mr. Weston, among war, poverty, famine and natural disaster, there are still a few things that people take solace and great pleasure in, and one of those things happens to be music. For many, this simple block of music provides a positive end to a hectic day, a much needed release from the stress of family and work, and whatever else pains us. Sure, most of your listeners could easily play the same songs from their personal collections at home, but sharing the experience across the airwaves each night is comforting and provides a sense of camaraderie for us that is unfortunately lacking in so many aspects of every day life.

Yes, the position that I intend to impress upon you comes with some bias because I am a devout Pearl Jam fan myself. I ask that you simply consider how it was that I received news of this unfortunate cancellation. I received a phone call in New York, about your Philadelphia area radio station, from a good friend in Detroit. In the time it takes you to click "open" on this email 3 states of Pearl Jam fans have united in this cause. If you take a look at the official Pearl Jam message board, you'll see aggrieved responses from representatives in several additional states, expressing dissatisfaction and disappointment at your decision.

What may have seemed like a simple restructuring of your programming has caused a far greater stir than, I assume, you would have predicted. Please do not cancel the 10club at 10, and break one of the few remaining ties that still bind people across the country. I doubt that was ever your intention.

Respectfully,
    Talia Page
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    Hello Bill:

I recently heard of a program at WMMR called 10club at 10 DJ-d by Matt Cord. It's an excellent radio program for Philadelphia especially because Pearl Jam concerts in Philadelphia are incredible celebrations of life! They are a reflection of all the die-hard fans in Philadelphia, and beyond. I saw my favorite concert October 3, 2005 in Philadelphia, and I rode the train from DC to get there.

Life doesn't get much better than that concert. The joy, passion, and community (I saw a wave of outstretched hands moving as one to Alive. It blew me away, and will not be forgotten.)

It would be a shame to discontinue this program right before the PJ tour on the East Coast this summer when so many Philadelphians would be ready to party with Pearl Jam. Please reconsider this untimely decision.

Regards,

Maria Sigillito - Pearl Jam fan club member since 1993
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Jbro2222Jbro2222 Posts: 12
    This is my first post but I have been in and out of the message board for rumors, news and what not. I guess I should give you a little PJ history. First CD I ever bought was Ten in 5th grade. First show was when I was 16 at Camden. Show number 15 will be at Roo and 16 June 20th Camden.

For three years now MMR has been pushing me further and further away pulling the 10c will be the last straw.

This thread actually got me to post and to write an email to MMR.

Mr. Weston:
    I was raised on WMMR. My parents would blast it in the car and at home. I grew up listening to some great music. But for the past 3 years I have been finding myself listening to less and less of your station. I am now at the point that I will only tune to the station at 10 o'clock. MMR has really missed the boat on some great music lately. I am now a devoted XPN/YROCK listener and member. 104.5 has been a nice replacement for the defunked Y100. I know a major station like MMR has a certain criteria to follow, but unfortunately I feel it is one that will eventually bury the great MMR. What happened to the days when some guy dropped off a tape and said check this Bruce Springsteen guy out? Or you really need to listen to these guys from Seattle and MMR was one of the first to play Pearl Jam on the East Coast. MMR has become a generic rock n' roll station of regurgitated crap. Have you noticed who the greats are jamming and collaborating with? Its Bruce playing with Arcade Fire, Pearl Jam with Kings of Leon, Pete Townsend and Jack White, The Who playing with PJ, Foo Fighters, and The Flaming Lips. Everything is right in front of you to make MMR great again. But for now the last straw is the 10 Club. If that goes I go for good and I won't be the only one. The same parents who raised me on MMR have also a banded the station for XPN and 104.5. Good luck with Kid Rock and Godsmack covering Zepplin, Likin Park, and Disturbed. MMR is broadcasting a very forgettable time in rock music. While two other Philly stations are broadcasting a real Rock Revolution.
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    cmon slackers!!!!!!
    DO YOU PART, as a PEARL JAM FAN!!!!!!
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    pjtaper wrote:
    cmon slackers!!!!!!
    DO YOU PART, as a PEARL JAM FAN!!!!!!

Yeah listen to the show, don't just send emails when the show is going to be cancelled.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I like the show...not able to listen online as frequently as I did a couple of years ago. I hate the thought that it might be canceled...especially if there is still a demand for the show.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    I agree 100%! Tune in heck call in make a request heres the request line number 215-263-9667. Request some Pearl Jam and let them know where your listening from.
    Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
  • Options
    Never really cared for this guy and the 10 Club show. He comes off as an elitist fan sometimes and I remember when he actually screwed a caller on a contest when they actually had the question right (something about the drummers in PJ).

I will quote the first guy to reply on this thread "Good Riddance", it is not like WMMR is changing its format and they will still play and promote PJ. This show gowing away is not bother to me. That said (and just my opinion), good luck trying to change "the mans" mind on this matter and I hope you make a difference.
  • Options
    spatspat Posts: 644
    just sent an email with my own little story...

Hello Mr. Weston,
    By now I'm sure you've heard dozens of fans from the Pearl Jam message board begging and pleading to save the 10 Club program, well, add another name to the hat! I've been a faithful listener of this program since it started, not only because Pearl Jam is my favorite band, but because Matt Cord is a hell of a DJ, and he is also a true fan, which comes through to the listener. I've been working the graveyard shift at my local Shoprite for a little over 3 years now, and wouldn't you know it, I have my stereo set to go off at 10PM! I could not think of a better way to wake up for this ungodly shift at a shitty job than to have some great Pearl Jam tunes being played by my favorite DJ. It really helps me get going and gets me motivated to jump start my night. Well as it turns out, my last day with Shoprite and on that shift will be on June 13 because I will be moving to Delaware with my girlfriend. WMMR is still in range where we will be living, so listening to your station won't be a problem, and although I will be back on a normal schedule, you can bet I would still tune in every night to hear a block of my favorite band. But waking up these last few weeks I have left will just be that much tougher.

So perhaps this is how it was meant to be. These past few years you've helped me wake up and get my night started, and now that I am moving on with my life, MMR is moving on too. If all of these emails don't get you to sway your decision to leave the 10 Club on, let me say to you and Matt, THANK YOU. Thank you for being there for me, whether it be Matt, or Kotz for Cord filling in faithfully, with awesome Pearl Jam tunes queued up!

See ya on the tour...
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    Never really cared for this guy and the 10 Club show. He comes off as an elitist fan sometimes and I remember when he actually screwed a caller on a contest when they actually had the question right (something about the drummers in PJ).

I will quote the first guy to reply on this thread "Good Riddance", it is not like WMMR is changing its format and they will still play and promote PJ. This show gowing away is not bother to me. That said (and just my opinion), good luck trying to change "the mans" mind on this matter and I hope you make a difference.

sorry dude but you are totally off base here. Matt is a totally genuine and super nice guy who loves PJ. Yes he made a mistake on the contest that one time but he did everything he could to fix it. Also Matt was the 1st DJ in the country to play the fan club Last Kiss on his show, leading to PJ's biggest chart hit. Also listen to the podcast of Matt's interview with Jeff Ament back in I think 2005 where Jeff himself thanks Matt for being so nice and genuine to him over the years. say you don't care about the show fine but don't attack a person you don't know for no reason.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    sorry dude but you are totally off base here. Matt is a totally genuine and super nice guy who loves PJ. Yes he made a mistake on the contest that one time but he did everything he could to fix it. Also Matt was the 1st DJ in the country to play the fan club Last Kiss on his show, leading to PJ's biggest chart hit. Also listen to the podcast of Matt's interview with Jeff Ament back in I think 2005 where Jeff himself thanks Matt for being so nice and genuine to him over the years. say you don't care about the show fine but don't attack a person you don't know for no reason.

Actually, I stated my reason and even said good luck trying to save the show. It was my opinion and it appeared I wasn't the only one with it. I don't wish any ill will towards him, just don't think it is the end of the world if the show was to go away. You see him in a different way, that's fine, I just don't have the same view.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    Actually, I stated my reason and even said good luck trying to save the show. It was my opinion and it appeared I wasn't the only one with it. I don't wish any ill will towards him, just don't think it is the end of the world if the show was to go away. You see him in a different way, that's fine, I just don't have the same view.

my point wasn't to argue about saving the show i just thought you took a cheap shot at Matt in the process of your argument so I was just defending him. no harm done i guess.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    --this is bullshit. I didnt hear the end of it last night so i guess i missed matt informing us. do we have a reason why at least?

here is what i wrote:

Bill Weston—Man About Town! Have you lost your mind?!!?!?

I have a Sirius satellite radio but still listen to your station for two things and two things only: Preston and Steve and The Ten Club at Ten!

If you do not mind me asking, what is the reason for getting rid of it? I mean it’s only like 15 minutes long at 10 o’clock in the evening. It seems pretty insignificant, but it’s actually a big deal to many of the Pearl Jam fans in the Delaware Valley—and there are plenty of us here. We, along with New York, Boston and Chicago make up the 3 biggest PJ fan populations outside of Seattle.

I look forward to this every night as do thousands of other PJ fans from around here and those listening on the web.

Please do not get rid of it!

Sincerely,

The Jeagler
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jeremy8564 wrote:
    Dear Mr. Weston,

I have been a long time listener of WMMR (15+ years) and listener of Matt Cord. I've listened to Matt's 10 Club at 10 since his days at Y100. *

no, matt was doing the 3-7 shift at y100...no tenclub at ten at that time...still lots o' pj though...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    Honestly, all of these emails are great but if you want to keep the 10 Club on the air, the best thing to do is tune in at 10PM every night. Plain and simple, if people listen to the show as they have in the past, both in the Philly area and all over the country and world through on line streaming, it would continue.

tough to do when they stopped airing it as of last night!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    bummer
    but radio is irrelevant these days
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    I think a lot of people don't realize that you can listen to WMMR from anywhere in the country via their streaming music link: http://gmppodcast.com/stream/wmmr

There used to be listening threads/time for Matt's show - fun times.

Tune in and write a letter!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥