Options

10 club on WMMR NEEDS ALL OF OUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    blueeyedevilblueeyedevil Posts: 173
    Get_Right wrote:
    bummer
    but radio is irrelevant these days

I understand your comment, but it's worth mentioning that vinyl records were considered irrelevant for years, and are now making a comeback in sales. My point is that even though technology has moved foward, there is plenty of life left in "old" technology, you just have to be more creative with it.

Anyway, much props to the thread starter, and I will continue bumping and promoting the thread.

It may not be the end of the world if the show gets lost, but it's not out of our hands yet. Keep the emails going friends!
    Philly-4/28/03, Holmdel-7/14/03, Reading-10/1/04, Philly-10/3/05, Camden-5/27/06, Camden-5/28/05, Camden-6/19/08, Camden-6/20/08, MSG- 6/25/08
  • Options
    redvedderredvedder Posts: 56
    There have been nights when I have been randomy driving home from somewhere and heard a great live PJ song on the 10 Club that has brought tears to my eyes. I have called Matt to thank him for playing various songs, the 10Club is quality radio.
    here is the email I sent to Bill Weston:

Dear Bill Weston (man about town)~
    I am a loyal and looooong time listener to WMMR.
    I just joyously celebrated the 40th anniversary of WMMR at the MMRBQ (STP Rocked my socks off by the way!).
    I am also a PASSIONATE music lover and Pearl Jam fan.
    Please......let us have the 10 club back.
    What's the big deal? Three PJ songs at 10pm doesn't hurt anyone does it?
    But, it creates SO MUCH JOY for all of the PJ fans who listen through good old fashioned radio or the "fancy thinkin box" online.
    Please...I beg you...let us have it back.
    Matt Cord brings a little joy to a lot of people Monday-Thursday at 10pm (unless there is a Sixers game).
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=5493051#post5493051
    Here is what all the Jammers are saying in the Message Pit, we all want our 10C back!!!
    Don't take it away, especially less than a month before Pearl Jam is coming to see all their friends in Phila.
    Please, please, please.
    Sincerely,
    Eileen aka "RedVedder"
    "Oh dear dad, can you see me now? I am myself, like you somehow."

CAMDEN 8.29.98{}CAMDEN 9.2.00{}SPECTRUM 4.28.03{}CAMDEN 7.5.03{}CAMDEN 7.6.03{}WACHOVIA 10.3.05{}CAMDEN 5.27.06{}CAMDEN 5.28.06{}CAMDEN 6.19.08{}CAMDEN 6.20.08{} MANSFIELD 6.28.08{}EV @ Tower Theater 6.12.09{}SPECTRUM 10.28.09{}SPECTRUM 10.30.09{}SPECTRUM (RIP) 10.31.09{}MSG 5.21.10{}EV @ Tower Theater 6.25.11{}Alpine Valley 9.3.11{}Alpine Valley 9.4.11
  • Options
    redvedderredvedder Posts: 56
    Never really cared for this guy and the 10 Club show. He comes off as an elitist fan sometimes and I remember when he actually screwed a caller on a contest when they actually had the question right (something about the drummers in PJ).

I will quote the first guy to reply on this thread "Good Riddance", it is not like WMMR is changing its format and they will still play and promote PJ. This show gowing away is not bother to me. That said (and just my opinion), good luck trying to change "the mans" mind on this matter and I hope you make a difference.

Umm, you have your DJs confused. It was Nick McIlwain (an MMR morning guy, and a good guy I might add) who screwed up the question about the drummers.
    We all make mistakes and they do not prove/disprove our love for the band....
    "Oh dear dad, can you see me now? I am myself, like you somehow."

CAMDEN 8.29.98{}CAMDEN 9.2.00{}SPECTRUM 4.28.03{}CAMDEN 7.5.03{}CAMDEN 7.6.03{}WACHOVIA 10.3.05{}CAMDEN 5.27.06{}CAMDEN 5.28.06{}CAMDEN 6.19.08{}CAMDEN 6.20.08{} MANSFIELD 6.28.08{}EV @ Tower Theater 6.12.09{}SPECTRUM 10.28.09{}SPECTRUM 10.30.09{}SPECTRUM (RIP) 10.31.09{}MSG 5.21.10{}EV @ Tower Theater 6.25.11{}Alpine Valley 9.3.11{}Alpine Valley 9.4.11
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    email sent. i work in the same building as wmmr. maybe i'll stop by and give them the ole stink eye for a few seconds before i hit my cubicle.

LMAO! That actually made me LOL!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,456
    redvedder wrote:
    Umm, you have your DJs confused. It was Nick McIlwain (an MMR morning guy, and a good guy I might add) who screwed up the question about the drummers.

yea i heard that. mcilwain's a fraud! i was thinking, no way he is as big a fan as he claims to be if he can screw that question up! he misses a lot of questions when they play that game.

i've got the perfect question for him next time they play it. i was on hold the last time but got disconnected...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 328
    done
  • Options
    SENT!

Dear Mr. Weston,

I have received news that your station will be canceling Matt Cord's daily Pearl Jam block, known as the 10Club at 10. I ask that you please reconsider this programming decision, as it has upset more than your local listeners, but Pearl Jam fans across the country, and no doubt the world- wherever the gracious reach of the Internet extends. I myself, avail myself in New York City of the nightly Pearl Jam block via WMMR.com.

You see, Mr. Weston, among war, poverty, famine and natural disaster, there are still a few things that people take solace and great pleasure in, and one of those things happens to be music. For many, this simple block of music provides a positive end to a hectic day, a much needed release from the stress of family and work, and whatever else pains us. Sure, most of your listeners could easily play the same songs from their personal collections at home, but sharing the experience across the airwaves each night is comforting and provides a sense of camaraderie for us that is unfortunately lacking in so many aspects of every day life.

Yes, the position that I intend to impress upon you comes with some bias because I am a devout Pearl Jam fan myself. I ask that you simply consider how it was that I received news of this unfortunate cancellation. I received a phone call in New York, about your Philadelphia area radio station, from a good friend in Detroit. In the time it takes you to click "open" on this email 3 states of Pearl Jam fans have united in this cause. If you take a look at the official Pearl Jam message board, you'll see aggrieved responses from representatives in several additional states, expressing dissatisfaction and disappointment at your decision.

What may have seemed like a simple restructuring of your programming has caused a far greater stir than, I assume, you would have predicted. Please do not cancel the 10club at 10, and break one of the few remaining ties that still bind people across the country. I doubt that was ever your intention.

Respectfully,
    Talia Page

Dude.....you should be a writer...or a lawyer! :D:p

• Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    tough to do when they stopped airing it as of last night!

That's the point... if people listened the show wouldn't be on hiatus.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,456
    chromiam wrote:
    That's the point... if people listened the show wouldn't be on hiatus.

i think most of us contributing to this thread (the people you are referrering to) listen faithfully every night though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjscreamerpjscreamer Posts: 595
    Da kid to busy he listens to Sirius Lithium 24 and when dat ain't on its Howard 100 and his other station 101 Stern and Scott (Shake it UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)Fereall
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • Options
    redvedder wrote:

Not sure about that? I am pretty sure it was Cord. Are we talking about 2 different things. Kind of funny that it seems pretty historic since everyone knew what I was talking about without much description.
  • Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    Dude.....you should be a writer...or a lawyer! :D:p

Done and done! ;)

How are you, my friend? We shall meet and greet very soon, no?
  • Options
    Done and done! ;)

How are you, my friend? We shall meet and greet very soon, no?

I am fabulous!! I shall be in your neck of the woods (as Al Roker would say) in a short 2 and a half weeks!

• Options
    firecrotch23firecrotch23 Posts: 586
    email sent, i work at a competitor of mmr across the street, the only real reason to listen to mmr is for the 10c, 104.5 has better music and more pj variety throughout the day. hopefully they make the right decision here!
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    I am fabulous!! I shall be in your neck of the woods (as Al Roker would say) in a short 2 and a half weeks!

Yay! Sweet Al reference...I watch him every morning! :)

We must have a drink when you arrive!
  • Options
    lilreds9121lilreds9121 Posts: 128
    has anyone gotten an email back from the program director? i sent an email last night and nothing
    "Somebody throw up a gun so I can shoot you all......Fuckers". Eddie
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    10 club = copyright infringement?

maybe pearl jam themselves put an end to this show,.....
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    spatspat Posts: 644
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    10 club = copyright infringement?

maybe pearl jam themselves put an end to this show,.....

they could defend themselves by saying its the 10club, as in 10:00 club, cuz it airs at 10!
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    Funny enough, just this past Wednesday as I was driving home from work, I realized that with my new schedule I would finally be able to catch this a few times a week! I almost even called Matt to tell him that revelation, and thank him for playing the 2005 Wachovia "Black". I was just a bit to tired to handle making a call and focusing on my driving, so I thought I might just shoot him an e-mail when I got a chance.
    Then I find this thread! How awful! He made the announcement on one of the two nights this week that I didn't get to catch the show!
    Anyway, here's my e-mail to Bill Weston. Hopefully the fact that someone brought this thread to Bill's attention won't hinder our efforts. It makes us seem like a cult! :)
    Dear Mr. Weston,
    I know for a fact you've already received several e-mails from rabid Pearl Jam fans across Philly, and even across the nation. I'll try not to repeat what others have said. I know we can get preachy, especially when you try to mess with something as "sacred" to a lot of fans as that small block of songs that we all look forward to on weeknights. I just want to add my personal take on the situation.
    I'm a transplant to the region from Florida. From the early 90s, through to 2005, I'd be lucky to hear a single Pearl Jam song more than twice a week on any rock stations in South Florida where I grew up, or Orlando where I went to college. And if the songs I actually heard were something beyond "Alive" or "Last Kiss," I considered it a miracle!
    When I moved up here and was introduced to WMMR and Philly radio's love for Pearl Jam, I was thrilled! Finally! A region of people who appreciate the band as much as I do! In the past 2+ years I've lived here, I only rarely had the opportunity to catch Matt's show, and specifically the 10 Club spot, due to work/sleep scheduling. My job duties and schedule recently changed, and even though I wasn't thrilled with being stuck at work past 9pm on weeknights, I was actually really happy when I realized that I'd get to catch Matt's mini-mixes those few nights. Just this past Wednesday, I experienced chills when he played "Black" from the 2005 Wachovia Center show. It wasn't just the crowd singing along....I was hearing my own voice somewhere in that crowd! On the radio!
    Matt's not simply playing a block of PJ. He's playing LIVE songs. He's playing HIS favorites. He's playing what FANS ask for.
    There are so many of us who really do look forward to these few minutes at the end (or beginning) of our work days. Matt, himself, obviously looks forward to this time of day as well.
    Mr. Weston, Please don't take this away from us!

Sincerely,

Sharon Friedman
    10 Club member and 10 Club listener
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    bump
    Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
  • Options
    Too bad they can't drop that morning show. Anyway, 10PM is past my bedtime, and if I want my PJ fix, I'll throw in some CDs or find the folder on my flash drive.
    For Rent
  • Options
    blueeyedevilblueeyedevil Posts: 173
    I don't see any reason not to give this another bump for the initial poster. If we get some more people to e-mail Mr. Weston, I'll be glad to stop bumping this................

LOL
    Philly-4/28/03, Holmdel-7/14/03, Reading-10/1/04, Philly-10/3/05, Camden-5/27/06, Camden-5/28/05, Camden-6/19/08, Camden-6/20/08, MSG- 6/25/08
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    What about that girl from Croatia that listened do you all remember her?
    I remember her ;):D
    I haven't listened to this show in ages. I had no idea its still going! Whoa!
    I will email him for sure. Hope it doesn't get canceled.

Edit: just read the entire thread. It's canceled :( :(
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    I remember her ;):D
    I haven't listened to this show in ages. I had no idea its still going! Whoa!
    I will email him for sure. Hope it doesn't get canceled.

Edit: just read the entire thread. It's canceled :( :(

Lets see if we can't change that though ok? Are you coming state side for any of the shows this summer?
    Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Lets see if we can't change that though ok? Are you coming state side for any of the shows this summer?
    I hope we can change it!
    But unfortunately, I can't change the fact that I'm not going on tour this June :(
    It would be my 4th year of seeing them in a row. :) But this time, the chain is braking :(
    Let's hope for a world tour 2009. :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    lol. It's just like old times! :D
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    I'll write the e-mail since Matt Cord does a service for us all by playing that block each night, but I've about had it with 'MMR. I'm signed up as a VIP member and I participate in their surveys when they e-mail them to me (even though, as demonstrated by their infuriatingly repetitive and musically irrelevant playlist they're not paying attention.) I love the freedom of listening to radio, and having someone else surprise me with something good to hear, but 'MMR is the one station I turn off the most at the moment.

Good luck, Matt.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    933/mfc933/mfc Posts: 1
    Although it is sad to say that yes, the 10 club on 93.3 is no longer, do not give up hope...and if it does not return, I have met some of the best people through this unity & dedication & to me that sums up what Pearl Jam is about. We are a family...or as we all like to call it a "Jammily" & that is something none of us will ever lose. I will continue, as well as the rest of the MMR family, to play the most Pearl Jam on the airwaves. (we already do more then other stations) This Thursday we are 2 weeks away (in Philly) from the band that has changed our lives & made our lives a calendar of their events. So the magic...is coming back! All of your support through the years has been much appreciated!

MFC
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    933/mfc wrote:
    Although it is sad to say that yes, the 10 club on 93.3 is no longer, do not give up hope...and if it does not return, I have met some of the best people through this unity & dedication & to me that sums up what Pearl Jam is about. We are a family...or as we all like to call it a "Jammily" & that is something none of us will ever lose. I will continue, as well as the rest of the MMR family, to play the most Pearl Jam on the airwaves. (we already do more then other stations) This Thursday we are 2 weeks away (in Philly) from the band that has changed our lives & made our lives a calendar of their events. So the magic...is coming back! All of your support through the years has been much appreciated!

MFC
    matt u rock just go to 104.5,sad to say they are the best rock station around except from 10- 10:30 when u play the 10c blocks. Thanks for lettn us freaks know that dj's these days at least like good music still. Hope u get the 10c back so i can listen to mmr again.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    spatspat Posts: 644
    933/mfc wrote:

MFC

thanks for stopping by matt and giving us all some official word. any official REASON to go along with that? just seems a little odd they would take away a 15 minute block of music that tons of people seem to live for, especially this close to the tour...
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"