Options

10 club on WMMR NEEDS ALL OF OUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Nixon in DetroitNixon in Detroit Posts: 592
edited June 2008 in The Porch
As many of you know there is a DJ in Philly named Matt Cord he is a die hard Pearl Jam fan. Matt has been bringing us the 10 club at 10 pm EST Monday- Friday for at least three years on WMMR radio in Philly. For those of you who are not familiar with what it is, its a 3-4 song block of Pearl Jam. Matt plays a little bit of everything be it a hit, a live track, and many rarities. So I called Matt tonight to request out of my mind for the 10 club. He told me some really bad news the program director has decided that its time to put an end to the 10 club at 10 pm EST at http://www.wmmr.com. This is really upsetting to me I know that many of you on this board listen or have listened for some time to Matt spinning Pearl Jam on the 10 club. I actually found out about his show from this board and have made many friends on here because of Matt's show. Now here's where you can help. Please drop the program director an email to let him know how much we enjoy Matt and WMMR bringing us the 10 club on a nightly basis. I am hoping if enough of us email him we can stop this from happening. Here is his email address ProgramDirector@WMMR.com. His name is Mr. Bill Weston. Let's get behind this guys!!! Matt is a die hard like we are and a good friend to the Pearl Jam Community!

The email address again is ProgramDirector@WMMR.com. His name is Mr. Bill Weston.

Also if you would like to post some stories you have about Matt and the Ten club on WMMR please feel free.

Thanks in advance
Nixon in Detroit
Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wwfairfieldwwfairfield Posts: 216
    good riddance
  • Options
    TEEJAM11TEEJAM11 Posts: 335
    Just sent an email cant have this type of shit happing!!!!!!!!!
    what the f....... in this world play pearl jam tunes didn't!!!!!!
    LOL
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    Done
  • Options
    What about that girl from Croatia that listened do you all remember her?
    Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    email sent local listener for years 104.5 plays alot of pj too.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Matt is doing the 10C right now.

I dropped him an email to see what is going on.

-Mike

((Eagerly awaiting the two Camden shows and one of Boston shows))
    1998-08-28 Camden, 1998-08-29 Camden, 2000-09-01 Camden, 2000-09-02 Camden, 2003-04-28 Philadelphia, 2003-07-05 Camden, 2003-07-06 Camden, 2005-10-03 Philadelphia, 2006-05-27 Camden , 2006-05-28 Camden, 2006-06-01 E. Rutherford, 2006-06-03 E. Rutherford, 2008-06-19 Camden, 2008-06-20 Camden, 2008-06-28 Mansfield, 2009-06-12 EV Solo Philadelphia, 2009-10-28 Philadelphia, 2009-10-30 Philadelphia, 2009-10-31 Philadelphia, 2010-05-21 New York, 2011-06-25 EV Solo Philadelphia, 2011-09-03 East Troy PJ 20!, 2011-09-04 East Troy PJ 20!
  • Options
    Matt just announced it on air.

It is a sad day.

Off to write the PD.
    1998-08-28 Camden, 1998-08-29 Camden, 2000-09-01 Camden, 2000-09-02 Camden, 2003-04-28 Philadelphia, 2003-07-05 Camden, 2003-07-06 Camden, 2005-10-03 Philadelphia, 2006-05-27 Camden , 2006-05-28 Camden, 2006-06-01 E. Rutherford, 2006-06-03 E. Rutherford, 2008-06-19 Camden, 2008-06-20 Camden, 2008-06-28 Mansfield, 2009-06-12 EV Solo Philadelphia, 2009-10-28 Philadelphia, 2009-10-30 Philadelphia, 2009-10-31 Philadelphia, 2010-05-21 New York, 2011-06-25 EV Solo Philadelphia, 2011-09-03 East Troy PJ 20!, 2011-09-04 East Troy PJ 20!
  • Options
    JDfromDEJDfromDE Posts: 60
    shit.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/3/06, 8/2/07, 6/14/08, 6/20/08, 6/25/08, 8/16/08
  • Options
    "I was saddened to hear that Matt Cord's 10C segment at 10pm during his
    weeknight shifts has been put on "hiatus".

I have been a listener for... well most of my 34 years on this fine
    world(aka NJ). I remember growing up and having my cousins blasting
    WMMR out their windows during family parties. The music comes and goes
    but the personalities are what keeps myself, and many others
    listening.

Matt is one of those personalities.

I have met him and he is the guy that comes in though your speakers.

I know programming choices are tough. I know you have a bottom line to
    protect. But this feels like you are cutting off part of Matt's
    personality.

I will still listen to Mr. Matthew Fredric Cord, but I will miss the
    10C and his love of the music.

-Mike xxxx - Long Time Listener
  • Options
    lilreds9121lilreds9121 Posts: 128
    i just sent my email.......WMMR will lose me totally if the 10c goes
    "Somebody throw up a gun so I can shoot you all......Fuckers". Eddie
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Sorry to hear the news for many of you.

But at least you can always listen to your bootlegs.
  • Options
    cheeseandricecheeseandrice Posts: 206
    Please... on behalf of all your Philly listeners and all those who are in your listening area, including podcast, do not cancel the 10 club. We all look forward to this program every night. You guys have always stayed true to yourselves and have always rocked! The 10 club is just an example of that. A block of PJ seems insignificant but, it is unique and shows how much dedication you have to their fans. Whenever Pearl Jam rolls into Philly (Camden), it's always a big event. Thousands and thousands of fans gather. And those same thousands of fans will deeply miss this program. Matt is the greatest! So, please ...we're begging...don't cancel!

A Member of the 10club
    (name)

It's done!
    I will hold the candle until it burns up my arm. I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired. I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind. I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    I just contacted him as well and let him know it was a welcome break from Linkin park, Finger 11 and Puddle of Mudd. Hopefully if enough of us respond they will take notice.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear the news for many of you.

But at least you can always listen to your bootlegs.

The boots are great but this is a unique thing man. What other radio station does anything like this?
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    this is a bummer. i'll send an email for sure.
  • Options
    The boots are great but this is a unique thing man. What other radio station does anything like this?

I haven't listened to the radio in years.

But I know what you mean. I used to always listen to the Grateful Dead hour. Always a unique show for sure. :)
  • Options
    cheeseandricecheeseandrice Posts: 206
    ok, now I have one more thing to worry about as I go to bed. Goodnight.
    I will hold the candle until it burns up my arm. I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired. I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind. I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.
  • Options
    Jeremy8564Jeremy8564 Posts: 8
    Dear Mr. Weston,

I have been a long time listener of WMMR (15+ years) and listener of Matt Cord. I've listened to Matt's 10 Club at 10 since his days at Y100. I was very happy that your station was able to pick up Matt along with Preston and Steve when Y100 changed formats. One of the highlights of your late night programming is Matt's 10 Club at 10. He plays tracks that do not get heard very often and allow listeners to experience a different side of Pearl Jam, one that is not just hit friendly, but that shows their artistic talents and greater impact on music of the 1990's. Taking away Matt's 10 Club at 10 segment is like taking away Pierre's Vinyl cut of the day or his dips into the MMR-archives. It is not just the personalities and on air talent that make a successful radio station. It is the abilities for the deejay's to bring something of themselves to their shows. By eliminating 10 Club at 10 from your format, you are eliminating a staple of Philly's late night lineup and infringing on a deejay's personal touch in their show.

I understand that many radio stations have to follow certain formats and playlists. That's the reason why I listen to WMMR and not some other Philly station that plays the same playlist or the same two songs from an artist. WMMR has always played hits and b-sides. Don't be that guy that says, "You have to play these three songs from an artist and that's it." Don't cancel one of the many facets that makes WMMR shine in the night.

I understand you're in a business, but sometimes there are more important things than business. Don't make the mistake of canceling the 10 Club at 10 because this mistake will cost you listeners, which we all know is bad for business.

Sincerely,
    (insert my name here)

*My Note:
    I don't know if it will make a difference, but I feel like I at least tried...let's raise one for the 10 Club at 10 *raises glass*
    PJ
    2000: Camden 2; 2003: Philly Spectrum, Camden 1 & 2, MSG 1&2;
    2004: Reading, VFC; 2005: Borgata 1; 2006: Camden 1&2,
    E. Rutherford 1&2, Gorge 1&2; 2008: Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2,
    Beacon Theater; 2009:Spectrum 2, 3, 4; 2010: MSG 1&2

EV
    8/7/08 Newark NJPAC
  • Options
    Email sent. Keep them going!!
    "When a person's soul is born in a country, nets are flung at it to hold it back from flight. You speak to me of nationality, language, religion. I shall try to fly past those nets." - James Joyce
  • Options
    SpinTheBlackOSpinTheBlackO Posts: 385
    email sent. i work in the same building as wmmr. maybe i'll stop by and give them the ole stink eye for a few seconds before i hit my cubicle.
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.
  • Options
    blueeyedevilblueeyedevil Posts: 173
    Just sent Mr. Bill Weston an e-mail. I'll be pretty bummed if this really happens. Matt Cord is a fantastic DJ, and I wish all of the people on this board could be familiar with his "10C" show. Really a nice mix on most nights.
    Matt, if you are reading these, I hope you know that many of us really appreciate the show. Hope something changes. Damn...........

And if anyone else from this board could help show Mr. Weston that PJ has a very big fan base in NJ/Philly area, many of us would appreciate it if you sent him a respectful email.

Thanks.
    Philly-4/28/03, Holmdel-7/14/03, Reading-10/1/04, Philly-10/3/05, Camden-5/27/06, Camden-5/28/05, Camden-6/19/08, Camden-6/20/08, MSG- 6/25/08
  • Options
    While your sending emails to WMMR.

Why not send a letter to Thomas Young also.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/blog/2008/05/update_body_of_war_tomas_young.html
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Email sent :)
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    Just sent one.

LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD PEOPLE!!! DON'T LET THEM STIFLE OUR JAMNESS WITH LINKIN PARK!!!!
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    While your sending emails to WMMR.

Why not send a letter to Thomas Young also.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/blog/2008/05/update_body_of_war_tomas_young.html

Why don't you start a topic about it?
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:

Its already started I dont know why he posted that in here?
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    email sent. sad day for all listeners. I remember growing up a station in cleveland, 107.9 the end, used to have a thing at 10pm called "pearl jam pearls" 3-5 rare songs, request... i was on the air like 5 times requesting songs. I used to listen it to it in my bed every night as a kid. I cried the night it went off the air. People just dont get it.
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    This was my email.
    Ha
    I dont even live in the area but this sort of thing drives me insane so I thought I would help the cause.

Hello.
    Just wanting to drop a line saying that I dont think just becasue there is a 20 minute block once a day thats been around for a while that thats what might be bringing down your ratings. I think that often people in positions where they have to make decisions for the masses often forget that there is a group of people that depend on those 20 minutes a day. Maybe Im overreacting here but say David works at a crappy job... and would like to kill himself. But he needs to support his family... so he works at the crappy job. But for 20 minutes every weeknight he gets a bit of something to look forward to because PJ is his favorite band. Well lets just get rid of ten @ ten. David needs to get over himself anyway. Just thought I would let you know that Im sure getting rid of it will piss more people off than are pissed off for 20 minutes every weeknight.
    But again Im sure everyone will get over it. Wanted to let you know that Ive ditched radio stations in the past for doing this sort of thing. Im sure you can say goodbye to a few faithfuls for this too. Not to mention stifling the passion of one or your employees. Unless of course you are firing him too. But im sure he would get over that too.

Thanks for reading if you even took the time.
    Disregard my signature at the end of my email,
    something tells me you arent too fond of it anyway.

Genevieve

--
    Sheets of empty canvas...

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
    I know you'll be a star,
    In somebody else's sky,
    But why cant it be mine...
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:

It's just another way to draw attention to it. WTF is wrong with that???

Your all writing emails anyway.

Its already started I dont know why he posted that in here?

Like I said it's another way to draw attention to it. Jezzz didn't think that would be a problem. Guess saving a 10c hr is more important then maybe cheering up a soldier/PJ fan who put his life on the line.
  • Options
    It's just another way to draw attention to it. WTF is wrong with that???

Your all writing emails anyway.

Like I said it's another way to draw attention to it. Jezzz didn't think that would be a problem. Guess saving a 10c hr is more important then maybe cheering up a soldier/PJ fan who put his life on the line.

Easy Bro I am not saying that at all Patrick. I just said there was already a thread dedicated to that. I actually have written him a letter to raise up his spirts thanks for your concern.