B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    even flow? wrote:
    Glad to see Shanny back on the ice and playing well.

My god! That they had to show that early fight on the replays about six times in a row, just to make it look like a fight. ;) Smoked!

i thought the roof was gonna blow off when he landed
    but once he didn't get up we felt bad

but i have to admit i was going nuts when he crumpled
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i thought the roof was gonna blow off when he landed
    but once he didn't get up we felt bad

but i have to admit i was going nuts when he crumpled

its pretty safe to say that the NYR fans exhibited behavior that would not have been seen down at The Wachovia Center , had it been reversed .

Even the NYR bench was clapping their sticks on the boards, even after this goon was hunting their heads a few moments earlier.

[size=+3] - _/ _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ \_ - [/size]
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    its pretty safe to say that the NYR fans exhibited behavior that would not have been seen down at The Wachovia Center , had it been reversed .

Even the NYR bench was clapping their sticks on the boards, even after this goon was hunting their heads a few moments earlier.

Fuck you... Flyers fans would have reacted the same way Rangers fans did... cheered the act but applaud and show class when the player showed that he was ok. Flyers fans are passionate but not a bunch of assholes who know nothing about the game... hell if the Rangers were last in the league, MSG would be a ghost town but the Flyers still somehow manage to get 10,000 or more a game, not bad for a terrible team and terrible fans huh???

I love how New Yorkers think their shit doesn't stink.. It's ashame you're team isn't going anywhere and you'll be mired in mediocrity again.

goon??? you must know about them since the Rangers have a few on their team this year...
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    chromiam wrote:
    Fuck you... Flyers fans would have reacted the same way Rangers fans did... cheered the act but applaud and show class when the player showed that he was ok. Flyers fans are passionate but not a bunch of assholes who know nothing about the game... hell if the Rangers were last in the league, MSG would be a ghost town but the Flyers still somehow manage to get 10,000 or more a game, not bad for a terrible team and terrible fans huh???

I love how New Yorkers think their shit doesn't stink.. It's ashame you're team isn't going anywhere and you'll be mired in mediocrity again.

goon??? you must know about them since the Rangers have a few on their team this year...

he he he..........Domi and Leaf fans remember that classy fan falling into the penalty box and getting it handed to him. ;)

Disclaimer: There are asshat fans from all the teams.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    even flow? wrote:
    he he he..........Domi and Leaf fans remember that classy fan falling into the penalty box and getting it handed to him. ;)

There ARE asshat fans from all the teams, but I think chromiam is predominantly correct in saying that the applause for an ok player would have greatly outnumbered the twats in the crowd.
    And I hate the Flyers.
    chromiam wrote:

F me ? :confused:
    a little harsh, no ?
    wow easy mate.
    Flyers fans are passionate but not a bunch of assholes who know nothing about the game.
    Thats true, but in my experiences, there are more ignoramus's down that way then there are up here at MSG. Theres good and bad everywhere, including NYC, so dont be so defensive.
    hell if the Rangers were last in the league, MSG would be a ghost town but the Flyers still somehow manage to get 10,000 or more a game
    OK
    WRONG AGAIN. ( sorry )
    whatever the state of this team , where they are in the standings , or playoffs/non playoffs , theres still an 18,200 sellout every game

not bad for a terrible team and terrible fans huh???
    well, how many seats are a sellout at Wachovia Center ? ( and you even get to count the chairs with Blueshirts in them. )
    if only 10,000 , then i guess thats not bad.
    But if its anymore then 10,000, then well thats just not that great .

:p

platessmall.jpg
    chromiam wrote:

EASY THERE COMPUTER TOUGH GUY

UR GUY RAN AROUND LAST GAME LIKE A DIRTY PUNK

AND HE GOT IT GOOD LAST NIGHT
    just like in october when bogard did the same to him
    he needs to give it up b4 he really gets hurt

SEASON'S OVER!!!!!1 GREAT CHANT LAST NIGHT
    even flow? wrote:

HAHA dopey philly fan ,,that was great
    oh and just for the record,

common sense tells us you cannot compare fans of an Original 6 team then that of another,....

platessmall.jpg
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    EASY THERE COMPUTER TOUGH GUY

ran around for 20 seconds??? yeah ok...
    it was a nice clean shot, no debating that but to say that Flyers fans would have reacted differently than Rangers fans is ridiculous.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    another interesting factoid lost in all the fight news,

this was the first NYR shutout of the Flyers at MSG since 1981

:eek:

Henrik, without an Olympic Break ?

this guys on fire boy,.....
    platessmall.jpg
    chromiam wrote:
    ran around for 20 seconds??? yeah ok...
    it was a nice clean shot, no debating that but to say that Flyers fans would have reacted differently than Rangers fans is ridiculous.

dude he came out of the box skated all the way across the ice cracked jagr
    then skated all the way to the other blue line and tried to take out prucha's knee
    yeah he was running around that game
  • Ten DudeTen Dude Posts: 50
    It was very difficult to watch what transpired last night. Fedoruk is finished. He's gotta hang 'em up. And the Floyers need to go out and sign a heavy in the off-season.

I would expect either Grenier or Riley Cote to be activated for the 3/31 game.

Gotta give a shout-out to Ben Eager. Dude threw his body around and dropped the gloves with Orr.

It would be fitting to see the Rangers in a position to NEED those two points on 31 MAR and come away with none, possibly putting their playoff aspirations in jeopardy.
    Bathgate66 wrote:

No, I don't think it's pretty safe to say that at all. As has been mentioned, there are elements in all cities that bring out the worst in fans.

New York most certainly isn't above board, I can assure you.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Ten Dude wrote:
    It was very difficult to watch what transpired last night. Fedoruk is finished. He's gotta hang 'em up. And the Floyers need to go out and sign a heavy in the off-season.

I would expect either Grenier or Riley Cote to be activated for the 3/31 game.

Gotta give a shout-out to Ben Eager. Dude threw his body around and dropped the gloves with Orr.

It would be fitting to see the Rangers in a position to NEED those two points on 31 MAR and come away with none, possibly putting their playoff aspirations in jeopardy.

The Flyers could do with a complete line-up change, not just the signing of a heavy, but they're not alone in that boat. Big name UFA's might be hesitant to go there after this year, too, but it isn't like Philly is lacking talented players, which makes their '06-'07 performance so wonky.
    NY PJ1 wrote:

Easy there. You have players on the NYR (Hollewig and Avery) that exude exactly what your are ranting about in this post.

I agree Fedoruk needs to hang 'em up. He's a danger to himself out there on the ice.

Season's over, eh? Gee, do ya think? It's been over before it even started if ya ask me. :D
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    oh and just for the record,

common sense tells us you cannot compare fans of an Original 6 team then that of another,....

LMAO! Common sense tells me you might want to get off the pedistal, New York fan.
    Ten Dude wrote:
    LMAO! Common sense tells me you might want to get off the pedistal, New York fan.

i think you might mean pedestal ,

but we like it up here.
    platessmall.jpg
    Rygar wrote:
    The Flyers could do with a complete line-up change, not just the signing of a heavy, but they're not alone in that boat. Big name UFA's might be hesitant to go there after this year, too, but it isn't like Philly is lacking talented players, which makes their '06-'07 performance so wonky.

Of course. They need to upgrade the blue line, add a top-flight center, and a solid winger. They have some talent, but need to add some scoring depth. The biggest concern moving forward is the defence, followed by the items I listed, and goaltending. The org. has cap space available and will do what they can to improve the team.
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i think you might mean pedestal ,

but we like it up here.

That's what I mean. Let me know how you like up there when the team gets knocked out of the playoffs, which still isn't a lock as of yet.
    Blueshirt Bulletin

March 22, 2007

Orr Flattens Flyers' Fedoruk to Ignite Ranger Rout

With one punch twenty-one seconds after the opening face-off, Colton Orr made sure that last night's Garden game against Philadelphia would not follow the same arc as the Flyers' last visit sixteen games ago. Todd Fedoruk would not run amok slamming Jaromir Jagr and everyone else he could get hold of. That's because Fedoruk was going to spend the rest of the game (and night) at St. Vincents Hospital making sure he was not too severely injured by Orr's fearsome blow to his face. Sure, the Flyers still had big Ben Eager, but that big yellow stripe running down Eager's back was not a sign of caution -- indeed, not even four minutes into the game, the slight Petr Prucha bounced back up after being leveled by Eager and made Eager and his team pay for a bad line change with his 19th goal of the season.

Call me politically incorrect, but an enforcer like Fedoruk has to take whatever comes his way by way of fisticuffs if he intends to run opponents, as he already did on that first shift. The Rangers did not put Orr out against him -- the Flyers changed on the fly after the opening face-off to get him out against Orr. It's not Orr's fault that Fedoruk has a glass jaw -- this is the second time in recent seasons that he has been laid out by a single punch. Fortunately, Fedoruk does not appear to have been severely injured this time around. And no Ranger was injured this time around (although Dan Girardi was shaken up by a late Eager hit -- no call -- that eventually led to an Orr-Eager bout after Eager initially rebuffed Orr's advances, and Eager blindsided Jason Strudwick into the boards -- again, no call -- and then spent the rest of the game running away from Struds before a linesman checked him through an open door as he tried to get at Sean Avery on the bench).

The Rangers pretty much had the run of the house against an already weak Flyer team made even thinner by injuries to Simon Gagne, Mike Richards, Scotty Upshall, Alexandre Picard, and Denis Gauthier. Gauthier played through his injury, and played well -- for the Rangers. Gauthier was the defender against Prucha who handed the puck right back to Prucha when Prucha lost it, creating a double clutch that fooled goalie Antero Niittymaki. And he was the one who deflected Jaromir Jagr's power play shot, headed way wide, into the top shelf behind Niittymaki. In fact, he was on the ice for four of the Rangers' five goals.

There were two key moments in this game after Orr laid out Fedoruk. The first came at the start of the second period. Having survived a decent Flyer attack over the latter half of the first period (mostly the Rangers' own doing, as they flattened out after a strong start), the Rangers opened the period on the power play. Their first power play had been a dud that got the crowd booing them. They needed a strong power play in the worst way to turn the game and the crowd around. And they got it, the top unit keeping the Flyers pinned in their zone the entire time until Jagr's goal. The second key moment also came on the power play -- leading 2-0, the Rangers needed to get that third goal that has eluded them so often of late, and there is no better chance to do it than on the power play. An apparent Prucha power play goal was negated because he kicked the puck in, but on another advantage that quickly ensued, Avery fired one in off the post to give the Rangers that extra breathing room.

The way Henrik Lundqvist has been playing, that was more than enough. Lundqvist posted his second shutout in the last three games, his third during the current 8-1-3 run. He has given up only three goals in the last four games, only 17 goals in the last twelve, only twelve of those -- an average of one goal per game -- at even strength (and as we know, a number of them were scored off Ranger sticks or bodies). It seems as if nothing can get past Lundqvist unless the Rangers help it along, either directly or via an intermediate deflection as in the only goal scored in the last three games.

The Shamrock line of Avery centering eye-opening rookie Ryan Callahan and the once again healthy Brendan Shanahan, making his first start since sustaining a concussion during an accidental collision in that last game against the Flyers, was a big hit in its first game together. Avery had two goals to earn first star of the game, Shanahan had two assits to earn third star honors (Lundqivst was second), and Callahan made the defensive play that led to Avery's second goal. Dan Girardi had a pair of assists, giving him three in the last two games, and Thomas Pock had an assist for the second time in three games after going pointless for thirty straight. Jed Ortmeyer scored his first goal in 28 games, nice to see considering how many scoring chances he's had in that time. Jagr scored for a second straight game (both off opposition defensemen) after going eight games without.

The Rangers now go on the road for four games as they try to solidify their playoff position, currently seventh, one point behind Tampa and three points ahead of Toronto and Montreal below the cutoff line. They have a golden opportunity to capitalize on their momentum -- Saturday afternoon in Boston against the sinking Bruins, whom they have owned this season, Sunday afternoon on th Island against as Islander team that can be put away as they try to stop their bleeding, the same in Montreal where the Habs are trying to keep things together on a shoestring, and then down to Philly for the last meeting this season against the Phantoms, er Flyers.

platessmall.jpg
    Ten Dude wrote:
    That's what I mean. Let me know how you like up there when the team gets knocked out of the playoffs, which still isn't a lock as of yet.

yeah, our time may be brief,

but briefly is better then none at all,...

:rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
    strudwick did punk eager at least 2 times
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    yeah, our time may be brief,

but briefly is better then none at all,...

:rolleyes:

Roll those eyes all day long. Besides the sweep last year, when was the last time the Blue Skirts were even a playoff team?
    Ten Dude wrote:
    Roll those eyes all day long. Besides the sweep last year, when was the last time the Blue shirts were even a playoff team?

what about the flyers ,

when was their last stanley cup ?

platessmall.jpg
    Ten Dude wrote:
    Roll those eyes all day long. Besides the sweep last year, when was the last time the Blue Skirts were even a playoff team?

same year the wings SWEPT ya in the cup
  • next saturday, maybe a rangers meetup for the flyers-rangers game at 7pm?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    next saturday, maybe a rangers meetup for the flyers-rangers game at 7pm?

haha

all 4 or 5 of us ?

well, i'm sure you fellas had more of a " guys only " night out / get together, so i wont even suggest i attend with my GF ,

alltho we might if it were closeby,....

;)

platessmall.jpg
  • oh yeah i forget guys with girlfriends are usually occupied on saturday nights, but if she likes the rangers or hockey, she can tag along..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Well i guess i'll say GO LEAFS GO, just discovered this one, thanks for the advice again and are blueshirts are better than yours.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013