sticks get a point that was sooo undeserving

last 5 minutes they were dying for O.T

BUT THATS OK we need to handle our own business

especially at MSG 2 ON SUNDAY ;)
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    NY PJ1 wrote:

12:30 pm ? :confused:

i cannot stand these matinees in the middle of the weekend afternoons.

The Garden East will be rocking ,
    Shanny will be back,

and Callahans first game at the Garden East, seeing what the rivalries all about .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    all i gotta say bout the game on sunday is that. its gonna be a blood bath on the ice and in the stands. they better have the cops out in full force
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    12:30 pm ? :confused:

i cannot stand these matinees in the middle of the weekend afternoons.

The Garden East will be rocking ,
    Shanny will be back,

and Callahans first game at the Garden East, seeing what the rivalries all about .

AND OF COURSE I HAVE DINNER TO ATTEND so iam gonna be on the move during the game ughhhhh
    all i gotta say bout the game on sunday is that. its gonna be a blood bath on the ice and in the stands. they better have the cops out in full force

well then the sticks fans better be careful because their are more of us ;)
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    well then the sticks fans better be careful because their are more of us ;)
    haha, u rags fans crack me up. thanks for the laughs

haha, u rags fans crack me up. thanks for the laughs

and I KNOW ME , BATH , XMAN HAIL HAIL AMD MOSTER
    CAN TAKE YOU AND LONG RED AND ...... O WAIT ONLY 2 OF U STICKS

LOL I NEED A PEPPERMINT PATTY AND BED
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    and I KNOW ME , BATH , XMAN HAIL HAIL AMD MOSTER
    CAN TAKE YOU AND LONG RED AND ...... O WAIT ONLY 2 OF U STICKS

LOL I NEED A PEPPERMINT PATTY AND BED
    hail hail and monster dont post much in here anymore. SCREW THE BED AND PEPPERMINT PATTY, I NEED HOT CHICK AND A BED

hahaha

watch some soft core cinemax

cant wait for sunday.

someone offered me a single ticket.

debating going or not, if i do ,

pretty safe to say i'll be the only guy there wearing a # 9 Bathgate jersey.
    platessmall.jpg
    hail hail and monster dont post much in here anymore. SCREW THE BED AND PEPPERMINT PATTY, I NEED HOT CHICK AND A BED

thats ok me and bath will have no problem ;)

x man can be our manager lol good night

nypj out
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591

I may not post, but I still read, and root for the Isles to lose!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    bad night on the scoreboard

sticks get a point that was sooo undeserving

last 5 minutes they were dying for O.T

BUT THATS OK we need to handle our own business

As virtually every coach and player will say, can't worry about the scoreboard just go out and play our game..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    thats ok me and bath will have no problem ;)

x man can be our manager lol good night

nypj out

I'll be the director of media relations..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.com/blueshirtbulletin/images/2007/03/21/callahanroberts.jpg

There was never any doubt in the minds of Ranger fans that an injection of youth into the line-up has a salubrious effect on veterans. That's why fans clamored so loudly for a youth movement before the lockout, that's why the team got off to such a good start last season, and that's one reason why they've gone 7-1-3 in their last eleven games, turning a desperate playoff push into one which is theirs for the taking as the season draws to a close -- as long as they can keep winning. "It provided a spark, the youthfulness and the excitement," said Tom Renney after the Rangers edged Pittsburgh 2-1 Monday night. "Fact of the matter is, our young guys played really well, gave our veteran players no worries about whether they can participate."

Jaromir Jagr often sang the praises of the five rookies who helped make last season so memorable, and he was at it again the other night. "It's fun to watch them," he said. "They got no fear, they don't feel pressure. I remember when I was like that -- it was easy to play. When you're older you got a lot more responsibility, you think a lot more than when you're young. That's what you need, that fearlessness. They just go no matter what. Doesn't matter what the score is, how much minutes left, they don't really care -- that's an advantage those kids got, that's why the kids playing so well. Those kids got no fear, they don't think what do we gotta lose, they just think win, win, win."

Despite that, with 38 year old Brendan Shanahan returning to action tonight after missing fifteen games with a concussion (the Rangers went 8-3-4 in his absence), 20 year old center Brandon Dubinsky was dispatched to Hartford rather than, say, Brad Isbister, who has all of two points in eleven games since being recalled, much of it playing on a line with Jaromir Jagr and Michael Nylander, a stat that defies the very fiber of the universe -- even Marcel Hossa can score with those guys. Making the move even more curious is that it leaves the Rangers short at center with Martin Straka still out with a knee injury, forcing Sean Avery to move to the middle. And who sits on Saturday when Straka comes back? On the blue line, David Liffiton may not exactly be a savior on defense, but he will not get a chance to follow in Dan Girardi's footsteps because the Rangers wanted the veteran presence of Jason Strudwick instead -- not the most earth shattering of decisions, but the trend is back toward older players at the expense of young players who have injected life back into a struggling team.

Shanahan's return is the number one topic of the day -- see reports in the Daily News, Journal News, Newsday, Times, Post, Blueshirts Blog, and Rangers Report. Although he said he would have liked to return on St. Patrick's Day against Boston, where he now lives, he returns ironically against the Flyers, the team that knocked him out, albeit accidentally. Mike Knuble, the player he collided with who required surgery to correct the facial injuries he sustained, will play too -- see Philly are reports here, here, and here. The Flyers are ripe for the taking, playing their second game in two nights, the first a listless home loss to Florida that cost them the services of several players -- see reports here and here. The Times report on Shanahan is as much about concussions as it is about Shanahan -- although his injury was accidental, the time is still ripe to heed the call in the National Post today to outlaw blows to the head. In prospect news, the Hockey News projects Ryan Callahan as a sleeper pick in next year's fantasy pools,

[size=+3] - _/ _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
    http://mt.hockeybird.com/

The Return (maybe)

Of course the big news of the day is the return of Brendan Shanahan. I wrote "maybe" in the headline because apparently Nigel Dawes was called up from Hartford in case one of the Rangers was not able to go. That injured player remained anonymous as of this morning, and it could be Brendan as much as anyone else (though some have indicated Ryan Hollweg is banged up and might need some rest).

Nonetheless, this is a game the Blueshirts cannot afford to lose. (Actually, aren't all of them? But I digress). The Flyers played last night, and lost, and are beat up as well. Mike Richards will be out for up to ten days after injuring his shoulder last night, and Denis Gauthier had some X-rays on his wrist and is questionable for this evening.

And as you may or may not know by now, the Rangers received very little help on yesterday's scoreboard. Montreal won, Toronto beat the Devils, and the Islanders earned a point in an overtime loss to Tampa Bay. The leaves just two small points separating the seventh and eleventh spots in the Eastern Conference standings.

As there are none of the other contenders in action tonight, the Blueshirts need to continue to help themselves. After this game, they have only two more home games remaining. Six road games, two at MSG, and every single one of them counts. This is more fun than I thought it would be.
    platessmall.jpg
    we need to bring it to this team tonight
    early and often,, get them tired by the 2nd
    HEAVY FORECHECK

LET'S GO RANGER'S
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    we need to bring it to this team tonight
    early and often,, get them tired by the 2nd
    HEAVY FORECHECK

LET'S GO RANGER'S

they played last night, too,..

we should be " fresh "
    platessmall.jpg
    [size=+2] The Brooklyn Wolfpack[/size]

March 21, 2007

Wolf Pack On the Move?

The tenth season of Wolf Pack hockey may be the last season, at least in Hartford. Today, the state of Connecticut awarded control of the Hartford Civic Center to a new group, taking away control from Madison Square Garden. The move was designed to stem the financial losses the state had to bear under its current deal with MSG -- see the Hartford Courant for more. While the new group wants to keep the Wolf Pack in Hartford, all indications are that MSG does not want to keep their AHL affiliate in a building they do not run. Whither the Wolf Pack? Brooklyn has been mentioned before. For team news from Hartford, see Bob Crawford's weekly report and the Wolf Pack's week ahead.

I know that new AVIATOR place is owned by MSG.
    I went there a few weeks back, its pretty nice.

They built it up quite nice actually, while maintaining the historic intewgrity of the old plane hangars .
    There are 2 regulation size Ice Rinks , 1 of which has the banners of both MSG and the NYR hanging prominently at centerice, with the roof all open to the outside in glass , and the sides maintained all the brickwork of the Pre WWII era airplane hangars. This rink was closed and untouched, while the other had open skating going on .

When you first walk in, they have a pretty big wall dedicated for Rock Climbing . There are also full gymnastic setups as well as numerous basketball courts open to the public .Upstairs is the full sports bar, also pretty open, and multiple flatscreen TVs viewing any sporting event that may be on at any given moment.

They had a cafeteria area highlighting all of the famous Brooklyn eateries ,
    including Juniors Cheesecakes :eek:

anyhow

huge game tonight, hope we dont let up " cuz its only the flyers " .

platessmall.jpg
    that would be awesome !!!!!!!!

LET'S GO BOYS KEEP IT ROLLING

LET'S GO RANGER'S!
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    [size=+2] The Brooklyn Wolfpack[/size]

March 21, 2007

Wolf Pack On the Move?

The tenth season of Wolf Pack hockey may be the last season, at least in Hartford. Today, the state of Connecticut awarded control of the Hartford Civic Center to a new group, taking away control from Madison Square Garden. The move was designed to stem the financial losses the state had to bear under its current deal with MSG -- see the Hartford Courant for more. While the new group wants to keep the Wolf Pack in Hartford, all indications are that MSG does not want to keep their AHL affiliate in a building they do not run. Whither the Wolf Pack? Brooklyn has been mentioned before. For team news from Hartford, see Bob Crawford's weekly report and the Wolf Pack's week ahead.

I know that new AVIATOR place is owned by MSG.
    I went there a few weeks back, its pretty nice.

They built it up quite nice actually, while maintaining the historic intewgrity of the old plane hangars .
    There are 2 regulation size Ice Rinks , 1 of which has the banners of both MSG and the NYR hanging prominently at centerice, with the roof all open to the outside in glass , and the sides maintained all the brickwork of the Pre WWII era airplane hangars. This rink was closed and untouched, while the other had open skating going on .

When you first walk in, they have a pretty big wall dedicated for Rock Climbing . There are also full gymnastic setups as well as numerous basketball courts open to the public .Upstairs is the full sports bar, also pretty open, and multiple flatscreen TVs viewing any sporting event that may be on at any given moment.

They had a cafeteria area highlighting all of the famous Brooklyn eateries ,
    including Juniors Cheesecakes :eek:

anyhow

huge game tonight, hope we dont let up " cuz its only the flyers " .

http://www.aviatorsports.com/
    platessmall.jpg
  • shanahan looked pretty good in warmups, he's skating with avery and callahan..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    Anyone know how much longer Avery has on his contract? And where does one lookup this information in the first place? Thanks fellas! Oh yeah,

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
    O MY GOD KNOCKED OUT !!!!!!! SAID TO SEE HIM ON A STETCHER

BUT O MY GOD !!!!!!!!1 HOPE HES OK

CLEAN HIT UNLIKE UMBERGER WHO TRIED TO PUNCH ORR WHEN HIS HEAD WAS ON THE ICE

great game

rangers in 60 gotta watch fight now
    THE CROWD WAS CRAZY !! the flyers were shorthanded and we needed
    to take control like we did

GREAT GAME BOYS!!!!!

LET'S GO RANGERS !!!!!!!
    LOL I just called and got on the live talk show on ny1

they never report on hockey except when something bad happens
    and i gave it to them good lol

i said u guys talk about the bum knicks lol but not the 3 local teams in a serious playoff hunt, frig these guys
    maybe these fruitcakes all over the league will stop taking runs at our stars now.

Fedoruk fell like a bag of rocks.

:eek:

another night of scoreboard watching tomorrow night.

platessmall.jpg
    ecee483d-50d2-4642-a125-4273afbdbf0a.jpg

bffdf818-e9b8-4eec-8e95-13114658aad2.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • sean avery's postgame comments:

SEAN AVERY:

on playing center: "It was fun. I was excited before the game to play, it's been a while since I have. I just think it's good because you get to control the play a little bit more. If you're skating and your legs are feeling good, then it's an advantage. So I felt comfortable. I was a little nervous about faceoffs. It worked out OK. It's the time of year wherever you're needed, you've got to kind of step up and get it done.

on Brendan Shanahan: "I was a little nervous, maybe like the first couple of shifts because as a player you know what it's like. But I think after he got going, I think he was fine. I think it helped a lot to have Knuble out there too playing. I think that kind of was the best thing that could have happened - the two of them playing against each other in the first game.

"I always got to keep my eye out for him whether I'm walking the streets of New York or protecting him on my right wing. But Shanny's a big boy and after the first couple of shifts I was fine. I was actually mad at him, he missed a couple of chances if anything.

on his goals:

GOAL 1 - "The first one was just probably the assist can go to the fans because I didn't want to hear them start yelling 'shoot'. So I thought I'd just get that over right away.

GOAL 2 - The second one, cally made a great a pass to Shanny and the goalie's obviously nervous when Shanny's in that position. He slid it over and I just went five hole and it was in.

on the fight: "It dictates the game right off the bat. I know after we played them last time they beat us we were beat up. They took it too us. So that's one of the toughest things to do in sports. Orrsie's one of the toughest at it and hopefully Todd's OK. It sucks. Those guys have the toughest jobs in sports. They got to do that and it's not fun but it certainly sent the tempo for our game, big time.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    GOAL 1 - "The first one was just probably the assist can go to the fans because I didn't want to hear them start yelling 'shoot'. So I thought I'd just get that over right away.

Thats just awesome! I love this guy and what he's brought to the team. Best trade they've made in a long while!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Glad to see Shanny back on the ice and playing well.

My god! That they had to show that early fight on the replays about six times in a row, just to make it look like a fight. ;) Smoked!
    You've changed your place in this world!