B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    nice win........you said it all, my Canes suck in the shootout and Cullen was great for us last year. The home stretch is gonna be crazy this year. A lot of teams fighting for a couple of playoff spots.
    Brian
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Hockey Rodent

Daylight Savings Points

Sun, Mar 11, 1:30 PM Pacific

It became evident in Period 3 at least 18,200 Ranger fans read Yours Truly. The chorus of "Shoot the puck!" resounded so potently during the final pair of power plays that Hurricane radio play-by-play voice Chuck Kaiton harkened to the days of Jim Gordon and former referee, turned colorman Bill Chadwick.

It was The Big Whistle himself who'd chastise hulking Blueshirt blueliner Berry Beck for playing patty-cake with the pill on the man advantage. Beck actually had a booming shot. But his point partner was one diminutive sniper from Finland named Reijo Ruotsalainen. He remains the only Gotham defenseman ever to score as many as 28 goals in a single season. So who was to blame Beck for wanting to lateral after being acquired from the Colorado Rockies (now the New Jersey Devils)?

But I digress.

Dis-ir-regardless their penchant for passing... head coach Tom Renney kept running his first power play unit out against John Grahame who had entered the contest when Cam Ward suffered an eleven-stitch laceration to the inside of his left knee.

Is that what you want to do against a team you not only want to beat... but one you desperately want to defeat in regulation so they don't emerge The World's Most Famous Arena with any standings points?

Answer: Yes!

And the reason goes all the way back to 2005 when Congress enacted legislation to advance the transition to Daylight Savings Time from the first Sunday in April to the second Sunday in March.

That was last night, folks.

Having played an exhausting overtime contest in Pittsburgh the previous day... the good guys were summarily handicapped with an hour of government-mandated sleep deprivation when the clocks rolled forward.

Couple that with an insane 12:30 PM Eastern start time and you begin to appreciate the fatigue wafting through New York's locker room during the second intermission, knotted 1-1

Doubtless the coach sized up the situation and elected to navigate conservatively with his minions running on empty. Try to ensure the point.
    If avoiding the allowance of a Carolina short-handed goal was on Tom's mind, I'd not be surprised given how many of those New York has permitted of late.

Agree or disagree with Renney's strategy... it became clear to me that as much as Tom would have accepted a power play goal given the trio of man-advantages in Sunday's final frame... his commitment to the swirling Martin "Bum Shoulder" Straka, Michael "Pass First" Nylander, and Jaromir "Bum Shoulder, Cranky Hip" Jagr was as much a ploy to play keep-away from their playoff rivals as it was to generate offense.

Whereas I was hammering the computer screen with The World's Most Famous Vulcanized Masonry during those two-minute possession drills, the Ranger bench boss was ignoring my bonks to his head with the TV Brick in favor of ensuring his club earned something for their travails.

Was Renney smarter than The Ferocious Furrball?

He sure was yesterday.

Recall how I second-guessed Tom for having started Henrik Lundqvist on Saturday given the double-importance of today's game. I feared the Swede might not have enough gas in the tank to repel a Carolina club eager to vault their host in the standings.

Well, Renney's strategy worked.

There is no way I shall claim that a rested Henke would have shut out The Storm this afternoon had he enjoyed three days of R & R.

• • •

Our Queen says Brendan Shanahan was on the stationary bicycle.

our playoff appearances odds are going up. Just over a week ago, it was a low 15 % , we have now climbed back up to 43.6 % .

BERTH-O-METER
    Sunday Afternoon

PLAYOFF CHANCES
    EASTERN CONFERENCE

Through Sunday Afternoon
    90.6% Tampa Bay Lightning
    75.5% New York Islanders
    43.6% New York Rangers
    32.8% Toronto Maple Leafs
    31.4% Carolina Hurricanes
    14.2% Montreal Canadiens
    5.9% Florida Panthers
    5.9% Boston Bruins

[size=+3] - _/ _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ \_ - [/size]
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    BIG WIN BOYS ,,, it was great to get 2 points especially w/ this jerkoff sched... 3 GAMES IN4 DAYS and 2 games in 22 hours ?????? are u kidding

u could see we were abit fatigued at times

henry had some huge saves especially the 4 on 3 in OT

HOW BOUT MALIK? LOL

when he scores he makes moves and plays like gretzky

LET'S GO RANGERS'S!!!!!!
    ottawa next :eek:

a big test for our Blueshirts.

we could use a day or 2 off,...

Shanny riding the bicycle- I hope he's better soon- we could use him on that 2nd unit, for sure.

platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    ottawa next :eek:

a big test for our Blueshirts.

we could use a day or 2 off,...

Shanny riding the bicycle- I hope he's better soon- we could use him on that 2nd unit, for sure.

shanny ,,come back come back please

ottawa will be tough

i think the canes play jerkoff caps on tues
    how good , how comfortable, has Brandon Dubinsky looked out there ?

The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades.
    :cool: :cool:

http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.com/blueshirtbulletin/images/dubinskyshot.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
    Coach With Class

todays NYDN quotes a Man and a Coach with alot of class
    Tom Renney wrote:
    Rangers coach Tom Renney reiterated his disappointment that Simon had tarnished a good reputation with many fellow players and opponents with the vicious swing of his stick with 6:31 left in that game.

"I don't know how much I should probably talk about that whole issue, but I will say one thing: I think Chris Simon is a good man," Renney said. "He's a decent guy. I had an opportunity to work with him here for a year and really enjoyed Chris a lot. He's a solid citizen.

"At the same time, he lost it and put another person's life really in jeopardy. Thank God Ryan was hit where he was and he's a tough kid.

as opposed to yesterdays quote from a man & a coach with little or no class ( no wonder why he was blackballed for nearly 10 years in the nhl ) :

Referring to the hit Brashear gave to Witt the other night :
    Ted Nolan wrote:
    "I thought it should have been a five-minute major," he said. Making an obvious reference to Hollweg, Nolan added, "The only saving grace is that [Brashear] hit a real tough guy who didn't whine and complain and lay there like he was dead."

assmunch- let see how you would react if some goon took a full swing 2 handed tomahawk chop at your throat with a stick. :rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Coach With Class

todays NYDN quotes a Man and a Coach with alot of class

as opposed to yesterdays quote from a man & a coach with little or no class ( no wonder why he was blackballed for nearly 10 years in the nhl ) :

Referring to the hit Brashear gave to Witt the other night :

assmunch- let see how you would react if some goon took a full swing 2 handed tomahawk chop at your throat with a stick. :rolleyes:

JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF A NO-CLASS ORGANIZATION

WE KNOW THIS ALREADY,,ITS NO SUPRISE

not to mention he's an alcholic also
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    how good , how comfortable, has Brandon Dubinsky looked out there ?

The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades.
    :cool: :cool:

http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.com/blueshirtbulletin/images/dubinskyshot.jpg

he has looked very comfortable ,,so has giradi
    Pearl Jam Song for NYR

looking under the Sunday March 11th , 2007 Story

[size=+2]STILL ALIVE [/size]

Hello NY and everywhere else, it's me Bird. Yeppers....the Rangers grabbed the second point today during the shootout. The Blueshirts seem to be in each game these days with some like today, a winner and some like yesterday....not.

But they are still in the hunt and that's what counts these days. Jagr's Shootout goal sealed the win. It's nice to see the team pull off a win when they need it despite the injuries and the fact they they were playing back to back games in a 24 hour period.

It's also nice to see Henke and the D keep the games low scoring. A few more timely goals could help propel an actual playoff push. Let's hope it's going to happen.

I hope to return to writing here in the next little bit and there's a rumor that the Rodent and I will record another podcast tonight. Check back later to see if we can pull it off.

Here's the box.

Beer me.

----}- Bird
    platessmall.jpg
  • amazing how we've gone from rearviewmirror to alive in linking the rangers playoff chances to pearl jam songs..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF A NO-CLASS ORGANIZATION

WE KNOW THIS ALREADY,,ITS NO SUPRISE

not to mention he's an alcholic also
    lmfao, u guys are so fucking funny with all this, thanks for making me laughing and proving my point that rangers fans have no class. not to mention and one point he was an alcholic, yeah real cool on your part ny pj1 to say that. alcholism isnt something u make of fun, u sir are the one who has no fucking class, not nolan. nolan was dicked over hasek cause hasek thought nolan was banging his wife, that why he got canned up in buffalo and that rumor by hasek wasnt later found out to be not true
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

lmfao, u guys are so fucking funny with all this, thanks for making me laughing and proving my point that rangers fans have no class. not to mention and one point he was an alcholic, yeah real cool on your part ny pj1 to say that. alcholism isnt something u make of fun, u sir are the one who has no fucking class, not nolan. nolan was dicked over hasek cause hasek thought nolan was banging his wife, that why he got canned up in buffalo and that rumor by hasek wasnt later found out to be not true

dude he runs an AA group maybe he isn't still running it

simon was part of his group way back when??

im speaking the truth teddy looks wacked half the time??

dont make it like i pulled that from out of my ass

it was and can still be a problem IMO
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    dude he runs an AA group maybe he isn't still running it

simon was part of his group way back when??

im speaking the truth teddy looks wacked half the time??

dont make it like i pulled that from out of my ass

it was and can still be a problem IMO
    yeah i know u are telling the truth, u think i dont know bout it. if u know bout it, then why bring up his alcohol problem for in this case when its got nothing to do with what happened, its just low class on your part dude.maybe he looks wacked cause hes native, ever think of that.

yeah i know u are telling the truth, u think i dont know bout it. if u know bout it, then why bring up his alcohol problem for in this case when its got nothing to do with what happened, its just low class on your part dude.maybe he looks wacked cause hes native, ever think of that.

how do u know it had nothing to do w/ it ,, are u buddies?? if not ya never no ..and im being serious ,,how do u really know??

and maybe he looks wacked cause hes native?? so native americans look whacked ?? im lost,, but high also ,,so maybe its me but i don't get that

as for the low class part ,, only with the fishsticks ,,because they're the same

how bout we stop talking about this incident,,,we completely disagree

p.s. i just saw nolan complaing on t.v. and his eyes weren't looking to good

back to the BLUESHIRTS what happened to the fishsticks thread??

haven't seen it since..... day 1 ;)
    NY PJ1 wrote:

and maybe he looks wacked cause hes native?? so native americans look whacked ?? im lost,, but high also ,,so maybe its me but i don't get that

how bout we stop talking about this incident,,,we completely disagree

i dont disagree with u at all bout this icident, i think it was totally wrong, but to go bout like how u are is just funny. myabe stop posting while high ny pj1. u fuck make me laugh, thanks jay

i dont disagree with u at all bout this icident, i think it was totally wrong, but to go bout like how u are is just funny. myabe stop posting while high ny pj1. u fuck make me laugh, thanks jay

i know u realize thatwhen i talk like this,,,its to break all u isles fans balls

it seems to work on you ;)

cmon mets lets talk playoof hockey with 13 games to go

enough nonsense ...... for now
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i know u realize thatwhen i talk like this,,,its to break all u isles fans balls

it seems to work on you ;)

cmon mets lets talk playoof hockey with 13 games to go

enough nonsense ...... for now
    haha, maybe i should have some of the pot your ummmmm smoking, might help me bust balls on yanks and phils fans on here.yes lets talk bout playoof hockey, i think both the isles and rangers will make it into the the playoofs.

FYI-its playoff not playoof

haha, maybe i should have some of the pot your ummmmm smoking, might help me bust balls on yanks and phils fans on here.yes lets talk bout playoof hockey, i think both the isles and rangers will make it into the the playoofs.

FYI-its playoff not playoof

WELL , both teams are in the driver's seat albeit not by much

but whoever takes care of their own business ,,will get in including habs leafs yada yada

i figure 10-4 11-3 ,,whatever teams play that hockey will get in

we all need the caps and flyers and devs and sabres to beat the rest of the east ,,that will help us all
    amazing how we've gone from rearviewmirror to alive in linking the rangers playoff chances to pearl jam songs..

haha !

excellent !

theyve been able to come back real strong now, we've almost experienced a severed head , clashes with our crosstown rival
    out on long island,. boy its nothing as it seems , see all you suckas at the garden , dont it make you smile, the mere thoughts arrive like butterflies,...spill a little blood , the garden faithful will be celebrating again just like all those yesterdays( 94 ) but 10x better.

platessmall.jpg
    King Henrik

[size=+2]NHL HONORS LUNDQVIST WITH FIRST-STAR SELECTION [/size]

3/12/2007

NHL press release

New York Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist, Chicago Blackhawks left wing Jeff Hamilton and San Jose Sharks goaltender Evgeni Nabokov have been named the NHL's 'Three Stars' for the week ending March 11.

Each Monday, the NHL recognizes three players who delivered the League's top performances over the past week.

NHL FIRST STAR (MAR. 5-11)
    HENRIK LUNDQVIST, G, NEW YORK RANGERS

Lundqvist posted a 3-0-1 record in four games with a 1.43 goals-against average and .948 save percentage as the Rangers (34-27-8, 76 points) moved into the eighth playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Lundqvist posted consecutive victories over the New York Islanders, making 29 saves in a 2-1 home shootout victory March 5 and 30 stops in a 2-1 win at Long Island March 8. He made 20 saves in a 3-2 overtime loss at Pittsburgh March 10 and finished the week by stopping 30 of 31 shots and both shootout attempts in a 2-1 decision over Carolina March 11. Lundqvist is 8-2-4 in his past 14 games, recording a 1.65 GAA and a .935 save percentage in that span.

platessmall.jpg
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    first the yankees... up next the rangers

the dominance continues

*clap* *clap* *clap**clap**clap*

year two thousand!!!!!

year two thousand!!!!!

:)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
    bostonlou wrote:
    first the yankees... up next the rangers

the dominance continues

year two thousand!!!!!

year two thousand!!!!!

we play ottawa tonight.

im not sure what the 2000 reference is, but thats okay.

thanks for stopping by.

platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    we play ottawa tonight.

im not sure what the 2000 reference is, but thats okay.

thanks for stopping by.

we both know that you know what it is. if you don't then you're a yankee fan in denial ;)
    bostonlou wrote:
    we both know that you know what it is. if you don't then you're a yankee fan in denial ;)

just so you know

not all NYR fans are NYY fans.

There are an equal ammount of Mets Fans who also love the NYR .

Then, there is an even smaller segment that ( for whatever reason ) likes the Isles.

anywhooo,..

back to the coolest game on earth:

Preview
    Tonight, the reborn Rangers will get what could be their toughest test over the regular season's final 13 games. The Ottawa team visiting The Garden has more points than any other remaining opponent. The Senators' 85 points are the conference's third-highest total behind the Sabres and Devils, which are shaping up as teams the Rangers might have to face in the opening round of the playoffs. Beating the conference's third elite team tonight would send a big pre-playoff message to this season's other Eastern powerhouses.

A game against Ottawa is also a welcome challenge for the Rangers, since it gives them a chance to finally pay back the Senators for their last visit to MSG. On Jan. 11, the Sens built up a commanding 5-0 lead in the third period, only to see the Rangers storm back for four goals in only 7:10. The amazing comeback attempt fell just short, but time around, the Rangers get a chance to finally put the Senators away at home.

The Senators come into this game having lost four of their last five, including three in overtime or shootouts. This slide has followed a phenomenal February in which Ottawa posted an 8-1-2 record.

In three earlier meetings, the Rangers are 1-2-0 against Ottawa. In addition to the 6-4 loss on Jan. 11, the Blueshirts fell 1-0 in Ottawa on Dec. 29 after having beaten the Senators 3-1 on Dec. 9. The matchups have all been close, with the both two-goal games ending on empty-netters. Ottawa's shutout win was also a game that could have gone the Rangers' way were it not for a superb 27-save performance by Ottawa goalie Ray Emery.

The Rangers' recent success on defense – allowing only 11 goals during the seven-game point streak – will need to continue against Ottawa, because the Senators are truly loaded on offense. They rank second in the NHL in goals per game, thanks to the high-scoring efforts of Heatley, Daniel Alfredsson and Jason Spezza. Recently, the hottest Senator has been Mike Fisher, the team's fourth-leading scorer. Fisher has four goals in his last three games.

Ottawa's defense is also impressive, led by veterans Wade Redden and Chris Phillips. The Sens rank 11th in goals-against, only 0.01 goals-per-game behind the Blueshirts. With Emery and Martin Gerber in net, the Sens have performed very well at The Garden. Both goalies are 4-1-0 lifetime against the Rangers. Emery is 2-0-0 at MSG, while Gerber is 2-1-0 there.

The Rangers, however, come into this game with the hottest goalie in the conference. Henrik Lundqvist, named the NHL's First Star for his performance last week, had 34 saves in the 3-1 win over the Senators at Ottawa last December and has stopped 65 of 68 shots this season. During the seven-game streak since Feb. 24, Lundqvist has shown his ability to win games for the Rangers, and given the Senators' scoring potential, he might be called on to fulfill that role once again today.

With his next victory, Lundqvist will become the second Rangers goaltender to win 30 or more games in back-to-back seasons, joining Hall of Famer Eddie Giacomin, who had a four-season run from 1966 to 1970. Lundqvist would also join Giacomin and Mike Richter as the only Rangers goaltenders to win 30 or more games in more than one season.

platessmall.jpg
    did anyone see bobby holiks goal in the game last night ?

belly down and he shoots, he scores ! ( while he slides across the ice )

amazing goal !
    platessmall.jpg
    BIG GAME TONIGHT ,,,ONCE AGAIN

i didn't even realize i had tickets till 20 mins ago

i forget what games are in the my package :rolleyes:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    just so you know

not all NYR fans are NYY fans.

There are an equal ammount of Mets Fans who also love the NYR .

Then, there is an even smaller segment that ( for whatever reason ) likes the Isles.

you are a yankee and nyr fan correct?

as is NYPJ1?

it's those 4 balls that i look to bust

• from the journal news:

For the first time since his concussion Feb.17, Brendan Shanahan skated with his teammates today at the MSG Training Center.

After 20 minutes skating with the rest of the team, Shanahan skated alone in a series of conditioning drills with assistant coaches Perry Pearn and Mike Pelino. Though there’s still no word on when Shanahan can subject himself to contact, this was still a significant step for a player who had been completely inactive until recently.

More later..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."