Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,537
    - Lundqvist has posted 30 or more saves in the playoffs 21 times, posting a 10-11 record with a 1.61 GAA, .951 Sv% and four shutouts in those games.

10-11 is not good with those numbers. Should be at least 15-6 or 14-7
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    tumblr_mmpig9wzEm1r41emlo1_500.gif
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    igotid88 wrote:
    - Lundqvist has posted 30 or more saves in the playoffs 21 times, posting a 10-11 record with a 1.61 GAA, .951 Sv% and four shutouts in those games.

10-11 is not good with those numbers. Should be at least 15-6 or 14-7

or better

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Torts dropped the F Bomb multiple times on CNBC

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2 ... mb-live-tv
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    who the fuck schedules a game on memorial day weekend
    at 530pm on Saturday?

what the deuce ?
    :wtf:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Brassard calls out Marchand

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/ ... G64TF9QyvL

There he was, a Ranger not only standing his ground, but standing up for his teammates.

There was Derick Brassard, of all people, dropping his stick and gloves with about four minutes remaining in the second period of Thursday night’s live-or-die Game 4 at the Garden after dueling with the Boston agitator in front of Henrik Lundqvist’s net.

And there was Marchand skating away from the challenge as play continued, leaving the Blueshirts center to gather his equipment and scramble back into the action.

Let’s just say that four games of familiarity has bred a bit of contempt for Marchand.

“Sometimes he doesn’t show any respect for his opponents,” Brassard told The Post following yesterday’s prep work for tonight’s Game 5. “He’s been asking everybody on our team to fight all series, so I thought it was time to take him up on it, but then I guess he didn’t have any interest.”

RANGERS PLAYOFF SCHEDULE

Marchand once got away with popping Daniel Sedin in the face with a half-dozen gloved lefts in the final minutes of the Bruins’ Game 6 victory over Vancouver in the 2011 finals without a Canuck so much as raising a finger in protest. He’s one of those guys who constantly agitates and apparently claims he’s ready to fight, but won’t.

Fact is, Brassard and Marchand each have four career fighting majors. The dastardly Marchand has fought Mike Ribeiro, P.K. Subban, Matt Niskanen and Andrew Cogliano while the gentlemanly Brassard’s fight card features bouts against Dan Boyle, Lubomir Visnovsky, Matt Cooke and James Neal, according to hockeyfights.com.

“[Marchand] can be effective at what he does, but sometimes he pushes it too far,” said Brassard, who had his best game of the conference semis in the Rangers’ 4-3 overtime victory. “He can get on your nerves if you don’t handle it the right way.

“Like I said, he’s been asking everyone on our team to fight. So at that point I thought enough was enough. I thought that was the time to deal with it,” No. 16 said. “Either he didn’t want to [fight] or his coach didn’t want him to.

“You have to make sure you don’t allow him to get you off your game. That’s what he always tries to do. So you deal with it and you move on.”

So a Ranger dealt with Marchand. And the Rangers moved on to fight — or, not — another day.

➤The uproar and outrage around the NHL over John Tortorella’s decision to designate Brad Richards as a healthy scratch for Game 4 (and until further notice) is not borne out of any type of objective hockey-based analysis.

Rather, it is a reflection of the enormous amount of goodwill that good guy Richards has cultivated throughout his career and the amount of antipathy that his black hat-wearing coach (and not the Broadway Hat, either) has invited throughout his tour of duty.

Honestly, if there’s one thing this was not, this was not Mike Keenan benching Brian Leetch against the Devils during Game 4 of the epochal 1994 conference finals.

Hey, there’s a subject for the next coach’s show on MSG.

➤ When Tortorella moved Brassard between Carl Hagelin and Ryan Callahan while shifting Derek Stepan between Chris Kreider and Rick Nash for Thursday’s third period and OT, that effectively switched the match against Zdeno Chara.

Stepan thereafter drew most of the time against the Big Z, while Brassard was freed for the majority of his shifts. Tortorella said he made the switch “because I didn’t think we were generating enough offense,” and not to change the match, but the move worked.

It was Stepan who stripped Chara behind the net before his continued motion wraparound goal to tie the match at 1:15 of the third period. And Brassard operated with more time and space.

“I got more confident against him after the first couple of games,” Brassard said. “You have to deal with his reach and how he likes to grab behind the net and in the corners.

“You want to make him skate and play facing his own net. He’s probably one of the top three defensemen in the league, but if you can do that, sometimes he makes poor decisions.”
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Marchand is a total pussy! He's the asshole who talks a lot of shit then runs behind Horton for protection. Annoys the shit out of me whenever I see his dumb ass face on the screen.
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:
    Marchand is a total pussy! He's the asshole who talks a lot of shit then runs behind Horton for protection. Annoys the shit out of me whenever I see his dumb ass face on the screen.

I think Brassard feels the same way and has had enough of him
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Dorsett got the game going.
    Despite being half Thorntons size
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Roman Hamrlik mightve just blew the season
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Giving them too many scoring chances
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    At least we didn't get swept
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Hamrlik should be banned
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    oh well, Boston was better.
    Straight up.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    We need someone who can make plays. Jagr was creating better scoring chances and he's 41. Heck I'll give him a 1 year contract. And a new PP coach.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    We need someone who can make plays. Jagr was creating better scoring chances and he's 41. Heck I'll give him a 1 year contract. And a new PP coach.

I agree, we need a playmaker bad. Thought we HAD one in richie. Maybe a new coach, new system and new PP will be in the offseason. Thanx for your time torts. Time to move on.
  • Options
    something tells me Torts gets 1 more shot
    at a full camp and full season.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Ugh gotta shave my beard today, not gonna be easy .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Ugh gotta shave my beard today, not gonna be easy .

Yup bathy, shaved mine off today. Not a good day. But hey, next year we start over and hopefully we'll get it right. And we won't have to shave until the end of June....
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    Yankee season begins now, Had a blast going to NY and Boston games, Met Nick Fotiu and Matteau, found a great pizza place (thanks BadBrains) and had to share the goodness and gave a few slices to a woman sleeping on the street....More games with my son next year.....Lets hope the Rangers do what needs to be done and win it soon ....they are close. LGR!
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    Yankee season begins now, Had a blast going to NY and Boston games, Met Nick Fotiu and Matteau, found a great pizza place (thanks BadBrains) and had to share the goodness and gave a few slices to a woman sleeping on the street....More games with my son next year.....Lets hope the Rangers do what needs to be done and win it soon ....they are close. LGR!

Awesome Patrick! Next season we'll meet up at pizza suprema before a game. And hopefully this team will tinker a little bit with the roster and get some tuffness, playmaker, maybe a new coach. We'll be back!
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    badbrains wrote:

Awesome Patrick! Next season we'll meet up at pizza suprema before a game. And hopefully this team will tinker a little bit with the roster and get some tuffness, playmaker, maybe a new coach. We'll be back!

For sure!

Rangers porch flag comes down today, USA up for the week, then Yankees goes up. Hopefully next year the Rangers flag gets to fly all summer!
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    Hamrlik has to be at the top of the " No More" list, followed closely
    by the rest of the roster with a few hand select exceptions.

( Henrik
    Cally
    McD
    Hagelin
    Zucc
    Stralman )
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    the thought of all these made me :crazy: x10

lundqvist questioning whether he wants a long term deal from the rangers
    staal's eye never going to be 100%
    do we buy richards out?
    should the rangers fire tortorella?
    glen sather

oye oye oye.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    rival. wrote:
    lundqvist questioning whether he wants a long term deal from the rangers

i think i just heard nelly's head explode
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    this team is always in the constant state of rebuilding.

"these three guys didn't work and don't fit into our system, lets replace them with these three guys that might work. oh they didn't? let's replace them, replace replace replace".

i can understand lundqvist's frustration. and wouldn't be the least bit upset with him if he didn't resign after next season and went to the blackhawks, pens, or another team that is capable of putting together a consistent offensive production.

the guy is probably the most competitive goaltender in the NHL. he wants cups. and i said a long time ago, the rangers need to put together a winning team in the very short future or the dude is going to go somewhere else for his championship.
  • Options
    I had a feeling Lundqvist might say that.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I dont blame Henrik one bit.

Multiple reports on this :

NY Daily News-Henrik won't commit to beyond 2013-14

This is the last thing the Rangers need: a lame-duck King.

Monday at the Blueshirts’ breakup day in Greenburgh, while their impending free agents said without exception or qualification that they want to re-sign in New York, team MVP goaltender Henrik Lundqvist was decidedly lukewarm when asked whether he would be open to a discussion on extending his contract, which will expire after the upcoming 2013-14 season.

“I’m gonna talk to my agent, and we’ll see,” Lundqvist said. “You know, I had such a great time here in New York. From day one they treated me really well and have given me an opportunity to play a lot of hockey. It’s been a lot of fun. I have one more year on the contract. I’m just focused on – well, right now, I’m trying to get over this year – but we’ll see. I’ll talk to my agent and take it from there.”

Lundqvist’s description of New York in the past tense was unsettling. The organization unquestionably prioritizes the 31-year-old Swedish star, but on Monday he still was deeply unsatisfied with this season’s second-round postseason elimination.

“I thought we had an opportunity with the team and the skill we had in the room to really go for it, but to make it all the way, you need a lot of things to go your way,” Lundqvist said. “You need great plays at the right time. I still think it was a fun year, but not a year that I think that … I’ll just say this: I don’t think it was good enough for us. So I’m hoping for more.”

RELATED: BONDY: TORTS' FUTURE LINKED TO HENRIK'S

Lundqvist still sounds confident in the Rangers’ personnel, but he clearly also is aware that he has earned the right to weigh his options.

The 6-1, 188-pound goaltender, drafted by the Rangers 205th overall in the seventh round in 2000, won the Vezina Trophy last season as the NHL’s top goalie and was nominated again this season as one of three Vezina finalist for the fifth time in his eight-year career.

During this 48-game lockout-shortened regular season, Lundqvist posted a 24-16-3 record in 43 starts, with a 2.05 goals against average and a .926 save percentage. That included a 10-3-1 record in the month of April to carry the Rangers into the playoffs. He then started all 12 playoff games with a 5-7-0 record despite a 2.14 goals against average and a .934 save percentage, falling to 30-37 in his NHL playoff career.

Of course, there are plenty of reasons for optimism: The Rangers won a playoff series for the second consecutive year. They’ve added promising pieces such as top playoff performer Derick Brassard at center. That’s why there is plenty of upbeat talk flowing through the hallways, despite the season’s result.

“I don’t think we took a step backwards,” said coach John Tortorella, also entering the final season of his current contract. “I think this is a sideways step, in our lineup and how things worked out.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hocke ... z2Uc29vAKw
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    We'll see,..

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) – Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist has one year left on his contract before he can become an unrestricted free agent.

The Blueshirts might look to sign Lundqvist to a long-term contract now before he can hit the open market in a year.

But the reigning Vezina Trophy winner, who is again a finalist this year to be named the NHL’s top goalie, wouldn’t say whether he’d be open to negotiating a new deal this offseason.
    henrik-lundqvist7.jpg?
    I’m going to talk to my agent and we’ll see,” Lundqvist said Monday. “I have had such a great time here in New York. From Day One they have treated me really well and given me an opportunity to play a lot of hockey. It’s been a lot of fun. … But we’ll see. I’ll talk to my agent and take it from there.”

The New York Daily News called the 31-year-old Lundqvist’s choice of words — he talked about the team in the past tense — “unsettling.”

“I have one more year on the contract and right now I am just trying to get over this year,” said Lundqvist.

That was a common theme throughout the Rangers’ locker room.

“Every year is important. It doesn’t matter where you are in your career,” Lundqvist said two days after the team’s second-round elimination. “When you have an opportunity to go forward to win, you need to grab that opportunity. Last year was one of those years, and this year we had the team to go for it.”

Last year, New York reached the conference finals before bowing out against New Jersey. Though through the disappointment, the feeling was that this year wasn’t necessarily a regression in the growth and development of the team.

“I know the surrounding feeling here is that it was a negative season, a disappointing season. I don’t buy it and I won’t,” coach John Tortorella said. “There are some good things that happened. I don’t think we took a step backward. I think this is a sideways step in our lineup and how things worked out.

“We played really well our last couple of months to get in, found a way to win a big series against Washington, and against Boston I thought we competed right to the end.”

But everyone was in agreement that the end arrived much sooner than they wanted and felt that it would.

“We were in the conference finals last year. We had high expectations on ourselves this year. It didn’t go our way, so yeah it is a step back,” Lundqvist said. “It’s tough to make it there, though. You can’t just expect it to happen. You have to work really hard, you have to do a lot of things right, and probably have some good bounces on the way to make it there.

“We definitely hoped for better this year, but you can’t just go out and expect it to happen. It’s going to be a challenge every year. It doesn’t matter what type of team you have.”
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Great, lose hank and we're back to the days of ndved. Terrible team. Have to keep hank and get him some offense!!!!