Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    200x200px-ZC-0dbfe985_I-USUALLY-DONT-WATCH-TEAMS-THAT-SUCK--BUT-WHEN-I-DO-I-WATCH-THE-NY-RANGERS.jpeg

:fp: :fp: :fp:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i hope they get swept at this point. the quicker it ends, the quicker they can fire tortorella. he lost this team months ago.

gretzky was in attendance last night and will be in attendance for game four as tortorella's possible replacement. mind.............. blown. :shock: :shock:
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    Paille's goal looked like it was on a marionette...w..t...f......no sweep, I dont want to hear it from all the Bruins fans coming out of the woodwork here.....Oh well, at least I got to meet Matteau and Fotiu (again)

not looking very promising, but I'm a sucker....LGR!!! 4 in a row to shock the world! :corn:

btw, if anyone knows the guys that was out introducing the bands and throwing t-shirts, asking questions outside for bsu (kind of looks like Bradley Cooper). let me know....he is cool as shit and want to give him props. I believe he was also in the crowd at one point giving stuff away in the 400's
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    not looking very promising, but I'm a sucker....LGR!!! 4 in a row to shock the world!
    I 100% support this message!!!
    Simply put, however, the B's are a tad better in this series...our D hasn't played great and our $$$stars have done zippo...
    Game 4 - BRING IT ON
    As for the rumors of Gretzky coaching this club = NO THANKS. Love the Great One as a player, no so much as an exec...
    LETS GO RANGERS
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    As for the rumors of Gretzky coaching this club = NO THANKS. Love the Great One as a player, no so much as an exec...

i think i started this rumor :P

i hear milbury as tort's replacement.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    tee time is at 11 :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

was '94 the last time the rangers were the last tri-state area team still in the playoffs? :think:
  • Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    rival. wrote:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :twisted:
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    rival. wrote:
    81 wrote:

was '94 the last time the rangers were the last tri-state area team still in the playoffs? :think:

:lol::lol::lol: does anybody actually remember 1994. the whole 94-98 time period is a little hazy to me
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    81 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: does anybody actually remember 1994. the whole 94-98 time period is a little hazy to me

there was some good hockey during that time frame. 1996 world cup of hockey sticks out.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    PJFAN13 wrote:

i think i started this rumor :P

I was just rolling with the Gretzky thing...haha.....oh and F*^% Milbury
    I told Matteau that he probably saved some things from being smashed at my parents house in 94...he chuckled....cool guy
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Bring in Beukeboom from the Wolfpack.
    fuck suit him up

Risks with Firing Tortorela

http://snyrangersblog.com/coachesgm/joh ... ortorella/

Yesterday, while on TSN Radio, Darren Dreger talked about how he thinks John Tortorella could lose his job if the Rangers go out quickly to the Boston Bruins.

On TSN Radio in Montreal this morning, Bob McKenzie said “I think more people are swinging around to the idea that he doesn’t have the better team in this series, as unpopular as Torts may be because of how he carries himself for what he says, you do get that feeling when you watch the Rangers. But you do get the people who think that he has them all leashed up and blocking shots and collapsing down low so they don’t ever go and play. There was a transformation with the Rangers over the last number of years and Tortorella was a big part of that in getting them to play hard and maximizing what they do have. They went out and made some moves in the offseason. It hasn’t paid dividends yet. Don’t be fooled by the statistics, Rick Nash has had good games in the playoffs but they aren’t a team that scores easily and often and there must be a diminishing return on having to play that style game after game. It has to be mentally fatiguing to know that you have to go into every game blocking more shots, hitting more guys and do that consistently just to have a chance to win.”

When asked if this could be the end of Tortorella, McKenzie said “A lot of people will say yes and I wouldn’t necessarily rule it out because they may feel that, but they may also be very careful in terms of….if you think you have a valuable coach who is good and you are very careful about just throwing him away, I think they will give that some long-hard thought and it’s also finding someone better and who is the alternative and if you bring in another coach, what is his style and does he have the personnel to play that style. If not can you go out and make enough moves to make the next guy successful. It’s not as easy as, well you potentially get swept in the second round in a year where they thought they would go a lot deeper. You have to be careful not to make a move that would actually set your organization back because it’s an easy decision to pop the coach.”

Adam Rotter: There is a shelf life with John Tortorella, but I don’t think his time is up yet. He is too woven too much into the fabric of this team for him to be let go in a shortened season, where there was no training camp, Marc Staal has only played once since early March, Brad Richards regressed and the team won a round in the playoffs. His players haven’t quit on him and have fully, for better or worse, bought into everything he is selling.

You look at where the Rangers are right with the roster they have constructed and the biggest thing with firing Tortorella, as McKenzie notes, is finding a coach capable of doing a better job. If Tortorella was to be fired, he would immediately become the best coach on the open market and one of the only with a Stanley Cup to his name. To me, it makes sense to give Tortorella next season, albeit with probably a moderate to short leash, and then make a change when half the roster has their contracts end, the cap goes up, and you can start constructing a team that suits the next coach.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,537
    Is it too late to trade our offense with Pittsburgh's?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    brad richards has been scratched from tonight's line up. :shock:

torts trying to save face...... or his job?
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

is he injured?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

is he injured?

i'm hearing healthy.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    rival. wrote:
    81 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

is he injured?

i'm hearing healthy.
    He's scratched for stealing money.
    Nash should be up in the rafters eating popcorn with him.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Expect Richards to be bought out because much like Vancouver, the Rangers have no chance to trade him with the contract that he has left
  • Options
    Expect Richards to be bought out because much like Vancouver, the Rangers have no chance to trade him with the contract that he has left

yep. his last game with the rangers should have been months ago. i heard with the way his contract is set up, he would be the hightest paid player in the league next season? :fp:

wish tortorella could watch tonight's game from the rafters too.
  • Options
    not sure why Ashams out, but Haley should add some grit and lets stop with the dump in and no forecheck to follow crap and crash the net with some garbage goals
  • Options
    take some more penalties why dontchas?
    oh and thanks for the mercy goal Rask.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    So far only 3 good minutes of play by us.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    how does Mike Sullivan still have a job ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    941267_10200792220800963_1965002768_n.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    "i apologize for any language our microphones picked up by the benches. john tortorella is very upset with the linesman".

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    I don't want to get swept.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    so with this game going to OT, we are looking at three of the four games decided by one goal. it's obvious the rangers have been outplayed this entire series, but it's crazy to think that they could have been a couple of lucky playoff bounces away from having a possible 3-1 lead in this series.
  • Options
    live to see another day.

kreider/nash/brassard. woot.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    beaut of a goal
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,120
    Team Notes:
    - The Rangers defeated the Boston Bruins, 4-3, in overtime tonight at Madison Square Garden, in Game 4 of their Eastern Conference Semifinal series. The Blueshirts now trail in the series, 3-1.

- New York has posted a record of 213-232-8 overall in postseason action, including a 120-89-2 mark at home.

- The Rangers improved to 5-6 all-time in Game 4 when trailing 3-0 in the series.

- The Rangers tallied one goal in four power play opportunities (7:05), to improve to 3-0 in games when registering a goal on the man advantage in the playoffs.

- The Blueshirts out-hit the Bruins, 40-24, in the contest, led by Ryan Callahan’s game-high, seven hits.

- With the win, Head Coach John Tortorella passed Colin Campbell for third on the Rangers’ all-time playoff coaching wins list, recording his 19th postseason victory behind the Blueshirts’ bench.

Player Notes:
    - Chris Kreider notched the game-winning goal at 7:03 of the overtime period, and registered three shots and a plus-two rating in 13:50 of ice time. The goal was his first of this postseason.

- Derek Stepan registered an unassisted goal at 1:15 of the third period, and added a power play assist in 24:00 of ice time. He has now recorded three points (two goals, one assist) in the last four games, and leads the Rangers with four goals in the playoffs.

- Derick Brassard tallied two assists, including one on the power play, and won a team-high, 11-17 faceoffs (65%) in 25:29 of ice time. He leads the team and ranks fourth in the league in assists (10), and is tied for fifth in the NHL in scoring with 12 points in 11 playoff games.

- Henrik Lundqvist made 37 saves to post his 30th career playoff victory, and improved to 30-36 in 66 career postseason contests. He improved to 5-0 with a 0.98 goals against average, .966 save percentage, and two shutouts in the last five playoff games at MSG in which the Rangers faced elimination.

- Lundqvist has posted 30 or more saves in the playoffs 21 times, posting a 10-11 record with a 1.61 GAA, .951 Sv% and four shutouts in those games.

- Brian Boyle tied the score at three goals apiece with a power play goal at 10:00 of the third period, and registered two shots and two hits in 16:25 of ice time. He is now tied for second on the team with three goals in the playoffs.

- Rick Nash recorded the primary assist on the overtime, game-winning goal, a team-high, five shots, was credited with three hits, and posted a plus-two rating in 22:59 of ice time. He has registered a point in four of the last five games (one goal, three assists over the span).

- Ryan McDonagh tallied an assist on the overtime, game-winning goal, was credited with three blocked shots, and logged a team-high, 29:43 of ice time. He has now registered three points (one goal, two assists) in the last four games, and leads all team defensemen in playoff scoring with four points (one goal, three assists).

- Carl Hagelin notched a goal and registered three shots in 20:24 of ice time. He is now tied for second on the team with three goals and six points in the playoffs.

- Roman Hamrlik recorded his first point as a Ranger with an assist, and logged 10:55 of ice time while making his playoff debut as a Blueshirt. He has now registered 10 points (one goal, nine assists) in 26 career playoff games against Boston.

- Micheal Haley was credited with two hits and logged 7:56 of ice time, while making his NHL playoff debut.

Post-Game Quotes:
    - John Tortorella on tonight’s game…
    “I still think we need to keep on getting to another level. We certainly did in the third period. Step made a huge play for us early on and I thought it gave us some life. They are a tough team and are defending pretty hard. We stuck with it and found a way to win a game. Hank (Henrik Lundqvist) was tremendous and I thought their goalie played really well, too.”

- Henrik Lundqvist on tonight’s game…
    “We did show some character. It was tough though, probably the ugliest goal I have ever seen turned it around for us, and that’s hockey. A save or a goal or one shift can change everything. Tonight, it was an ugly goal. Sometimes that’s all you need to get us going, to get the building going. We kind of lowered our shoulders a little bit and started playing our game. It’s a lot of pressure, these games, and it’s tough when things aren’t going your way. We’re playing a really good team, but sometimes you just need to feel like maybe you can get one good bounce, and then it just turned around for us. I thought we played really well the second half of this game.”

- Derick Brassard on tonight’s game…
    “I think the atmosphere of the game was totally different because we had nothing to lose. We just played tonight, and all four lines and all the defensemen played solid. Hank was Hank again, and gave us the chance to win. We just need to play that way all of the time.”
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."