Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    funny

The early verdicts are in on the deal that has Rick Nash going to the Rangers in exchange for Artem Anisimov, Brandon Dubinsky, Tim Erixon and a 2014 first round pick — and they’re not favorable for Columbus GM Scott Howson.

Here’s a sampling of what folks are tweeting….

Mike Harrington, Buffalo News: “So how exactly does Scott Howson still have a job after this fiasco?”

Frank Seravalli, Philadelphia Daily News: “You would almost think Scott Howson was trying to blow up the Blue Jackets. Better off playing with disgruntled captain than that trade.”

Bruce Garrioch, Ottawa Sun: “The Jackets needed to a hit a home run with this deal. This is not a home run. They had better offers at the trade deadline.”

Steve Zipay, Newsday: “Rangers are sending Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, Tim Erixon, 1st rounder to Columbus for Rick Nash. Not as much as trade deadline offer.”

Tom Gulitti, NorthJersey.com: “Howson was in a tough spot, but it looks like he caved just to trade Nash rather than hold out for value.”

James Cybulski, TSN: “How does it take Carolina and Pitt 24 hours to make a fair Staal deal, and yet the Nash trade takes 5 months to agree on that package?”

Jason Brough, ProHockeyTalk: “‘Fine. Screw it. WHATEVER!’ — Scott Howson to Glen Sather”

Damien Cox, Toronto Star: “And, after months of dithering, Blue Jackets make a crap deal for Nash. Go for volume rather than quality. Dumb.”

Sean Gentile, Sporting News: “Look at the vitriol for Howson. That’s why you don’t make insane demands for months on end. Now he gets killed for an appropriate return.”

Seth Rorabaugh, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: “Car dealers in Central Ohio are suddenly preparing mass mailings for Scott Howson’s home address…”

Steve Simmons, Toronto Sun: “Columbus didn’t get a Top 6 forward or a defenceman for Rick Nash. Please explain, Scott Howson?

Bobby Holik: “Scott Howson finally earned contract extension. #sarcasm”

And finally, what might be the most telling tweet of them all…

Doug MacLean, Sportsnet (and former Columbus GM!): “If these names are right this is a disaster for cbj.”
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    wow, and the rangers just became a much much better team.

dubi has been one of my favorite rangers since the lockout. loved watching him play during the good and bad. definitely a fan favorite in new york, sorry to see him go, but business is business.
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    rival. wrote:
    wow, and the rangers just became a much much better team.

dubi has been one of my favorite rangers since the lockout. loved watching him play during the good and bad. definitely a fan favorite in new york, sorry to see him go, but business is business.

Dude we just got a stud for second line guys

Nature of the beast

Parise went west and Nash came east

JACKPOT
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Is it possible since we really didn't give up anybody and we're $13 million under cap, does slats make a trade for B Ryan??? JT miller, Thomas, hags, 1st rd??? What u guys think? Instead of signing doan..
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:
    Is it possible since we really didn't give up anybody and we're $13 million under cap, does slats make a trade for B Ryan??? JT miller, Thomas, hags, 1st rd??? What u guys think? Instead of signing doan..

Nah we got the stud and kept the youth

Try to get doan but we can't trade everyone for Ryan
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    And we won't be able to rob ryan :lol:
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    and we are still under the salary cap?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,555
    I'm gonna miss Dubi. But it seems like we keep waiting for him to break out.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
  • Options
    Nash is at the NYR training facility and
    being photographed in his red white and blue,...

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2012/07/2 ... rs-jersey/

:corn:
    :mrgreen:

]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Nash is at the NYR training facility and
    being photographed in his red white and blue,...

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2012/07/2 ... rs-jersey/

:corn:

]

oh how fucking sweet is that :ugeek:
  • Options
    the jersey and flip flops.

:lol:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    the jersey and flip flops.

their is a ton of shit on FB
  • Options
  • Options
    Nash on Bommer and Carton

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2012/07/2 ... nd-carton/

Rick Nash joined Boomer and Carton this morning. Here is a recap of what he said:
    •Nash says he is “super excited to be here”
    •“It’s a been a long five months but it turned out the way I wanted to.”
    •Vinny Prospal told Nash that New York was “one of his favorite places to play and that the fans are real passionate”
    •Nash says that he likes the expectations
    •“Expectations are how sport should be. I wouldn’t want anything different from fans”
    •Nash chuckles when he says that he was told about Tortorella.
    •On playing the Rangers style, Nash says “that’s hockey right there. He is a coach that is demanding and you want a coach who wants to win as much as you do every single night”
    •Nash says that he knows Rupp and Stralman from Columbus, he knows Girardi a little bit and he played with Richards in the Olympics in 2006.

•Nash says that he is an average golfer and that the plan is for him to play golf with Carton against Boomer and Richards
    •On breaking up the team to acquire Nash at the deadline, “I didn’t want them to blow up the master plan to do it.”
    •On coming to the Rangers, Nash says “this was my number one right here. It’s a team that is already one of the best in the league and that I would love to be part of the organization and I didn’t want to come here if they had to blow up the nucleus of the team and the players who are going to make them good and be the reason that I want to come here
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    awwww man
    this one hurts

524138_10100803295611041_2133680795_n.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    awwww man
    this one hurts

yea i couldn't watch his 1 on 1 interview
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    awwww man
    this one hurts

there is a lot wrong with that picture:

1) that girl's hat
    2) dubi's hair
    3) dubi's jersey

that has to be a tough interview for him. you know he doesn't want to be anywhere but new york and sure as shit no where near columbus.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    awwww man
    this one hurts

1) that girl's hat
    2) dubi's hair
    3) dubi's jersey

that has to be a tough interview for him. you know he doesn't want to be anywhere but new york and sure as shit no where near columbus.

thats the 3 media members

he sat down with the jackets version of sam rosen for a 1 on 1...i really had to stop it :|:mrgreen:

sucks...but we got a top 10 forward in the league who is 28 ...6' 3 220 and goes to the net hard every chance he gets
  • Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    awwww man
    this one hurts

Andrew, that makes me sad

:(

Butttttttttttttttttt

I wish Artie and Duby best of luck...
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2012/07/2 ... 0.facebook

ITS GONE ..... :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

MY SECTION.....MY SEAT...MY 2ND HOME......GONE ...YOU BASTARDS :evil: :evil: :evil: :fp: :fp:

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :( :( :(

IT REALLY DOES SUCK THOUGH
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    awwww man
    this one hurts

1) that girl's hat
    2) dubi's hair
    3) dubi's jersey

:thumbup:
    i'm happy we dont play columbus too often.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
  • Options

cannot be displayed,
    whats this about J
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:

cannot be displayed,
    whats this about J

oh sorry..its giradi playing nets for his 3 yr old....i messed up the link

nothing to get alarmed about ..haha
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:

cannot be displayed,
    whats this about J

oh sorry..its giradi playing nets for his 3 yr old....i messed up the link

nothing to get alarmed about ..haha

oh i saw this on the 24 / 7 thing- funny stuff.
    his kid is adorable.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Doan wants 4 years.

will sather bite?

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012 ... s-phoenix/

According to David Shoalts of the Globe and Mail, longtime Coyotes captain Shane Doan wants a lot of money if he leaves the desert.

Shoalts’ source claims Doan is looking for $30 million over four years — $7.5 million annually — should he not re-sign with Phoenix.

The same source also predicted a team would “cough up a four-year deal in the $7-m range” for the 35-year-old, a significant price considering Doan’s last deal was a five-year contract that paid $4.55 million annually.

It’s obvious Doan’s summer-long tease has played a part in this asking price. A number of interested suitors emerged throughout the offseason, with one mystery Eastern Conference team reportedly offering a four-year, $30 million deal back in mid-July, even though Doan (at the time) had stated a preference to stay out West.

Since then, reports have claimed that Pittsburgh’s made an offer and that Doan’s visited with both the Rangers and Flyers (see here and here.) The Canucks are still rumored to be interested and, of course, there’s still the possibility of Doan sticking with the Coyotes.

That part of the drama will unfold further on Friday,when Doan meets with prospective Coyotes owner Greg Jamison about the future of the club.

So, do the math. A number of suitors + Rick Nash being traded + Alex Semin signing for $7 million + quiet on the Bobby Ryan front = significant demand for Doan.

Thus explaining his significant monetary demands.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Doan wants 4 years.

will sather bite?

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012 ... s-phoenix/

According to David Shoalts of the Globe and Mail, longtime Coyotes captain Shane Doan wants a lot of money if he leaves the desert.

Shoalts’ source claims Doan is looking for $30 million over four years — $7.5 million annually — should he not re-sign with Phoenix.

The same source also predicted a team would “cough up a four-year deal in the $7-m range” for the 35-year-old, a significant price considering Doan’s last deal was a five-year contract that paid $4.55 million annually.

It’s obvious Doan’s summer-long tease has played a part in this asking price. A number of interested suitors emerged throughout the offseason, with one mystery Eastern Conference team reportedly offering a four-year, $30 million deal back in mid-July, even though Doan (at the time) had stated a preference to stay out West.

Since then, reports have claimed that Pittsburgh’s made an offer and that Doan’s visited with both the Rangers and Flyers (see here and here.) The Canucks are still rumored to be interested and, of course, there’s still the possibility of Doan sticking with the Coyotes.

That part of the drama will unfold further on Friday,when Doan meets with prospective Coyotes owner Greg Jamison about the future of the club.

So, do the math. A number of suitors + Rick Nash being traded + Alex Semin signing for $7 million + quiet on the Bobby Ryan front = significant demand for Doan.

Thus explaining his significant monetary demands.

I wonder if they could get him for something like a 2/17 type thing. Maybe increase the the annual but shorten the term. Just a thought.