Comments

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DUBI ERIXON AND A PICK

WOPOWOWOWOWOWOW

FUCKIN SWEEEET
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    All these months of holding onto Nash, all the drama, speculation, and thats what Columbus ends up getting back for him.

And people wonder why some franchises just suck.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    MAYBE ARTIE ALSO?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    MAYBE ARTIE ALSO?

trading the winger to the New York Rangers in exchange for centres Artem Anisimov and Brandon Dubinsky, defenceman Tim Erixon and a first-round pick as reported by tsn
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    MAYBE ARTIE ALSO?

Jay, it's Dubi arty erixon and 1st rd
  • Options
    ARTIE DUBI ERIXON AND A PICK

DONE DEAL
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

DONE DEAL

Time for some Kush ey buddy??? Hahahaha
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:

DONE DEAL

Time for some Kush ey buddy??? Hahahaha

KUSH TONIGHT FOR SURE

we offered them better all last season...i don't get it :?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip705294#clip705294

this is his top 10 goals on tsn..link is slow,but go to tsn..good shit
    Post edited by neilybabes86 on
  • Options
    KUSH TONIGHT FOR SURE

we offered them better all last season...i don't get it :?

Too bad this deal couldn't be made last year. :fp:
  • Options
    now lets not lock out please
  • Options
    and we are still 13 mil under cap
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    did they pass that new rule where they are changing the playoffs to inter-division series for first two rounds??

I hope not....

NYR gets nash
    Philly gets weber
    Pitt gets doan (my guess)

3 of 4 best teams in the NHL are in the same division.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,749
    The Fixer wrote:
    did they pass that new rule where they are changing the playoffs to inter-division series for first two rounds??

I hope not....

No, the NHLPA nixed that, at least for one more year.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options

I think they're trying to add doan to. But with slats you never really know. To have that much cap money is crazy! Mite have a trade somewhere in there for an offensive d-man. Someone who can man the point...
  • Options
    kept hags, stephan , kreider , jt miller and all the dmen

wow..whata trade
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    WFAN saying Nash wanted to be a Ranger.

:corn:

:mrgreen:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:

I think they're trying to add doan to. But with slats you never really know. To have that much cap money is crazy! Mite have a trade somewhere in there for an offensive d-man. Someone who can man the point...

we want doan,but so do alot of teams..my gut is we don't get him
  • Options
    the 3 guys money comes out to 7.825 mil

nash is 7.8 mil
  • Options
    Now I hope the Doan thing happens. :corn:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

oh boy..i would jizz in my pants
  • Options
  • Options
    I can't fucken believe slats pulled this off!!! Rangers world buzzing. Hearing Nash wanted to come here makes it that much sweeter. My buddy told me last month Nash went out with richie for dinner and said he only wanted to play in new York! I'm sure he told howson that too that's why he ended up here.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

So how many 8 day weekends do you have next month? :lol:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

So how many 8 day weekends do you have next month? :lol:

ACTUALLY IM OFF THURS AND FRID THIS WEEK :lol:
  • Options
    theres a young defensemen involved too

Steven Delisle and a conditional third round pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft from Columbus
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    theres a young defensemen involved too

Steven Delisle and a conditional third round pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft from Columbus

ANOTHER RYAN McDoungh???? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Brandon Dubinsky

I would like to thank all of my fans and the city of New York for everything! My 8 years being part of the NYR have been magical. Thank you!
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Brandon Dubinsky

I would like to thank all of my fans and the city of New York for everything! My 8 years being part of the NYR have been magical. Thank you!

good guy..and teammate ...but its the nature of the beast

best of luck to all our boys
  • Options
    stan fischlers take

http://www.msg.com/blogs/stan-fischler/ ... adway.html

Glen Sather won the battle of the minds. Translated: Slats hit the Red Light Jackpot.

For months it had become apparent that Columbus had to unload Rick Nash.

Plus, everyone and his third-cousin-twice-removed knew that the Rangers were pursuing the big fellow with the potent shot.

The obstacle for months was purchase price; or, to put it another way, how much Blue Jackets general manager Scott Howson would demand in return. Week after week, Howson had his sights on Chris Kreider and Derek Stepan. Who could blame him?

But here's how Sather held the trump card. Howson knew that Nash desperately wanted to leave Ohio for a team that had a chance to contend. Keeping Rick for another season would have been tantamount to owning a disgruntled player in the lineup -- sound like Jeff Carter? -- and the Jackets simply couldn't afford that.

One of Howson's best pals told me a couple of weeks ago that Columbus was demanding three forwards; the Jackets had to compensate for losing their super-howitzer and only top NHL forwards would fill his bill.

What Scotty settled for was considerably less than that with all due respect to the Rangers en route to Ohio. Brandon Dubinsky was coming off a gosh-awful season with no guarantee that he'll mature into the 30-goal scorer so many of us had thought he would be no less than a year ago.

Yet several NHL savants believed that the best of Dubie had come and gone.

Perhaps ominously -- or meaningfully -- The Hockey News 2011-2012 Pre-Season Annual singled out Dubinsky as a player who will be "Falling." The X-ray added the following negative note about Dubie, "It's unclear where he fits in the top six and the power play."

Brandon's disappointing play underlines the point and the arithmetic says it all. A year earlier he played in 77 games and produced 24-30-54 points. The 24 red lights suggested that the best was yet to come.

It was not. During 2011-2012, Dubie played another 77 games and emerged with 10--24-34. The drop of 14 goals and 20 points was beyond alarming.

Meanwhile Artem Anisimov has been a perplexing case of genius not willing out or -- as we say in Brooklyn -- "The potential he's got; the results he's not!"

Let's face it, the Rapid Russian displayed talent but, simultaneously, betrayed his assets with maddening inconsistency.

Losing Tim Erixon is no big deal because the Blueshirts are loaded with top, young blueliners -- Marc Staal, Dan Girardi, et. al. -- and if strongman Michael Sauer recovers from his ailment and returns to the lineup John Tortorella will have a surplus of blueliners. Erixon was a work in progress last season and the fact that he needed more work was evident since most of his vocational time was spent in Hartford not Manhattan. Plus, the Blueshirts also received 21-year old defenseman Steven Delisle in the deal and a conditional third round draft pick.

Looking for the decisive denominator in this blockbuster exchange, The Maven harks back to a Sather observation of recent vintage: "What we really don't want to do is dismantle the core of the organization. We've got a lot of good, young kids, and we want to let them grow and develop."

The core remains untouched -- intact.

Thus, Howson was unable to get his hands on the very-desirable Kreider nor Stepan; not even Michael Del Zotto whose return next season made Erixon eminently tradeable.

As for the lost first round Draft pick; it's not even an issue in terms of getting the Big Guy.

Nash will make the New York power play a POWER PLAY, adding to the riches of Brad Richards not to mention what should be a healthy return of Marian Gaborik.

With Zach Parise moving West and Nash coming East, the Rangers have hit the pot of GOAL!
    platessmall.jpg