Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    rival. wrote:
    This year's Rangers team faced a very similar situation in the playoffs to your team in 1994. Did that bring back any memories for you?

I don't like to compare years, teams, players. I never have. I purposely tried to stay out of the way at this time of year out of respect for the players and what they've accomplished. They've earned the right for the attention to be turned towards them. Like we like to say, my ship sailed a long time ago. It's not my turn, it's their turn, so I've tried to keep the focus on those players.

It will always be your turn, Captain

:wave:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    1st rd pick, Dubi, anisimov, DelZ for Nash, that's what's on the table for Columbus. If they can do better, then fuck off and go get better. This ransom bullshit is getting old. Watch them get a shittier offer and take it.
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:
    1st rd pick, Dubi, anisimov, DelZ for Nash, that's what's on the table for Columbus. If they can do better, then fuck off and go get better. This ransom bullshit is getting old. Watch them get a shittier offer and take it.

dont like this,
    i'm hoping they keep everything as much in tact as possible
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Beaukeboom back with NYR affilate Whale.

http://blueshirtsunited.com/photos/1820 ... hale-staff

Another key member of the Rangers 1994 Stanley Cup championship-winning team is back in the Blueshirts fold.

The Rangers announced on Friday that popular former defenseman Jeff Beukeboom has been hired to be an assistant coach with the Connecticut Whale, the club's minor league affiliate in the American Hockey League. Beukeboom will replace another former NHL defenseman, JJ Daignault, who had mentored the likes of Ryan McDonagh, Michael Del Zotto, Stu Bickel, Michael Sauer, and Tim Erixon the past few years in Connecticut. Daignault recently accepted an assistant coaching position with the Montreal Canadiens.

Beukeboom, who paired with Hall-of-Famer Brian Leetch on the Rangers blueline for many years---including during the 1993-94 championship season---is a four-time Stanley Cup champion, winning his first three Cups as a member of the Edmonton Oilers who had selected him in the first round of the 1983 NHL Draft. He won all four of his championships alongside Mark Messier, and two with Adam Graves.

A firece competitor and a bruising bodychecker and fighter, Beukeboom appeared in 804 career NHL games, 540 with the Rangers. He also played in 99 post-season games. Beukeboom totaled 159 career points and 1,890 penalty minutes.

The Ajax, Ontario native has spent the past four seasons coaching in major junior hockey, the last three with the Sudbury Wolves as an assistant coach.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    I just heard that the Nash deal is finally done. Don't know exact details but from what I'm getting, it's Dubi, staal and 1st rd pick. Nobody mentioned staal being in the deal before but now that the weber situation opened up, hearing the rangers are getting weber to. Rumor has it he was in NYC yesterday at the rangers training facility. Keep fingers crossed! Weber and Nash to rangers?!?!?! Oh shit!!!!
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    badbrains wrote:
    I just heard that the Nash deal is finally done. Don't know exact details but from what I'm getting, it's Dubi, staal and 1st rd pick. Nobody mentioned staal being in the deal before but now that the weber situation opened up, hearing the rangers are getting weber to. Rumor has it he was in NYC yesterday at the rangers training facility. Keep fingers crossed! Weber and Nash to rangers?!?!?! Oh shit!!!!

huh
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Ya J that's what I'm hearing, they haven't announced it yet cuz they're notifying everyone involved and ramifications, get players ready for the media blah blah blah. Behind the scenes bullshit. That's what my buddy told me and he's pretty accurate on this stuff. Don't know all the players involved cuz from what he's telling me, they're trying to snatch both weber and Nash together. Kind of what the WILD did. That's the latest so far. But you never know. Shit can change at any second.
    To be continued.......
  • Options
    oh snap.,...

no more staal on NYR Defense ?
    i have to digest that a while.
    :)
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    oh snap.,...

No bad brains was smoking crack
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    http://www.nyrangersblog.com/2012-artic ... l-now.html

my god this kid is gonna be a nyc star 8-)
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    oh snap.,...

Hahahaha, ya J seems like so. My boy swears he got solid info. He's still standing by his statement to me. When I questioned him, he said logistics got in the way with howson
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    oh snap.,...

Hahahaha, ya J seems like so. My boy swears he got solid info. He's still standing by his statement to me. When I questioned him, he said logistics got in the way with howson and the players he originally wanted. Back and forth, he wants players Preds want for weber, lots of behind the scenes shit. Idk, I told him he was tripping face on LSD!!!ets see what happens..
  • Options
    Oh and J, I dnt smoke crack buddy, Kush ya but not crack. Lol :)
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:

i know brother....crack was meant w/ love :lol:
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    rival. wrote:
    RYGAR! show yourself and root for the blueshirts tonight :mrgreen:

agreed !!!!!!!!!!
    I'm pretty sure I rooted against you ;)

This year's playoffs were never about me rooting FOR someone, only AGAINST teams...bastards!

So, Prust for four years. Good? A little overpaid but that's the nature of free agency.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    RYGAR! show yourself and root for the blueshirts tonight :mrgreen:

agreed !!!!!!!!!!
    I'm pretty sure I rooted against you ;)

This year's playoffs were never about me rooting FOR someone, only AGAINST teams...bastards!

So, Prust for four years. Good? A little overpaid but that's the nature of free agency.

GIVES 110% every night..good on the pk...ton of heart
    but the contract is insane ...fact of the matter is he gets 15-20 points per year
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685

but the contract is insane ...fact of the matter is he gets 15-20 points per year
    Yeah we know the price is high. Need some toughness though.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:

Yeah we know the price is high. Need some toughness though.

you will def. get that
  • Options
    reports coming out that the season wont start till thanksgiving(the whole cba thing)

what a joke if they dont start on time
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:

pass some of that Kush stuff over here will ya

:idea:
    thank god staals still a Ranger.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Darren dreger reporting Nash trade is in the process of getting finalized. Details to
    Come
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    You guys might not like what you give up. Will be interesting to see what players exchange teams.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    You guys might not like what you give up. Will be interesting to see what players exchange teams.

That's what I'm shitting my pants about. Who the hell is he giving up? I also read that they're trying to land Doan too. Let's see who's going....MDZ? Dubi? Steps???
  • Options
    Deal is done!!! Players to be announced during trade call!!!
  • Options
    Apparently Stepan is not part of the trade.

Curious to see if J. Johnson comes over with Nash as part of the deal.
  • Options
    I'm gonna guess Dubi, arty, 1st and 2nd rd plus thomas or miller.
  • Options
    Just heard Dubi erixon and 1st rd so far and now arty is the fourth piece in the puzzle! Wow!!! Slats fucken did it!!! I can't believe we stole Nash!!!!
  • Options
    If thats all they give up for Nash, Howson can thank Sather himself for getting him fired.
  • Options
    DUBI ERIXON AND A PICK

WOPOWOWOWOWOWOW

FUCKIN SWEEEET
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    here is the report

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401276

good trade for the ranagers.