Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    The Rangers have agreed to terms with free agent forward Marek Hrivik, who had been playing with the CT Whale on an Amateur Tryout Agreement.

Read all about Marek here - http://blueshirtsunited.com/​photos/1715/​hrivik-agrees-to-terms
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Sather struggles

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sather-str ... --nhl.html

NEW YORK (AP) Rangers general manager Glen Sather is still having a tough time dealing with his top-seeded club's elimination in the Eastern Conference finals.

Sather, the architect of the Edmonton Oilers' dynasty teams in the 1980s, is still looking to build a champion in New York. He saw the Rangers reach the NHL final four, but they were knocked out in six games by the New Jersey Devils - their division and area rival.

''We just got knocked out a couple of days ago,'' said Wednesday at the NHL general managers meeting before the opener of the Stanley Cup finals. ''It's tough enough to go to bed at night and get up the next morning. You've got to adjust. It's like having a death in the family.''

Sather, who rarely speaks to reporters during the regular season, has another busy summer ahead of him. Rangers coach John Tortorella has already stated publicly that the club needs more scoring punch to go along with top-line forwards Marian Gaborik and Brad Richards.

Whether he can find it in the free-agent market, from which he landed Gaborik and Richards in recent years, after July 1, or in a trade - perhaps for Columbus' Rick Nash - remains to be seen. The Rangers already are at the top of the salary cap, and next year's number still has to be negotiated by the NHL and the players' association.

''I would like to have a 60-goal scorer, I'd like to have a defenseman that could play 25 minutes and get 25 goals, I'd like to have a goaltender that could be under one goal-against per game,'' Sather said. ''Those are wish lists that every team in this league would like to have. Realistically, there are some people that are going to be available, but they're not available until July 1.''

The Rangers (51-24-7) overcame an extended road trip at the start of the season to post one of the best records in team history. They surged to the top of the conference and held off Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and New Jersey in a tough division race to finish with the second-most points in the NHL.

New York won seven-game series against Ottawa and Washington before being knocked out by the Devils. New York did not play any higher than a No. 6 seed, though, and, all told, had to play 20 postseason games. By comparison sake, Los Angeles and New Jersey, the two Stanley Cup finalists, played just 14 and 18, respectively.

''There is a great committed atmosphere in that organization,'' Sather said. ''These kids deserve all the credit, and Tortorella did an outstanding job keeping them focused and keeping them going in the right direction all year long. I thought it was a great year. It's just unfortunate that it ended a little bit early.

''I hate losing, so it takes me a long time to get over it.''
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    New York did not play any higher than a No. 6 seed, though, and, all told, had to play 20 postseason games. By comparison sake, Los Angeles and New Jersey, the two Stanley Cup finalists, played just 14 and 18, respectively.

crazy that you could play more games than potentially the cup champion
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    gabby out 6 months..torn rotator cuff :fp:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

this explains alot.
    or does it ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Marian Gaborik has a torn rotator cuff and will be out for 5 to 6 months. Hopes to be back on the ice in November. He said he was playing the last 2 months with a torn shoulder capsule and rotator. Pain medication and injections got him through the rest of the season/playoffs.
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:

this explains alot.
    or does it ?

i think it does. and sounds painful as fuck!
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Impressive he played through that... It is unbelievably painful
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:

this explains alot.
    or does it ?

we knew he was hurt....not that bad though
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Ive also heard torn labrium-

fucking ouch.

:crazy:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    thing is..we cant get raped if we go for nash
  • Options
    zuch signed 2 yr deal overseas
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    g under p wrote:
    I gauranteed my house the Rangers will win the Cup this year and that PREDICTION is on it's merry way.

Peace

No they won't. :fp:
  • Options
    JK8495JK8495 Posts: 101
    i think the kings would have rolled us...i dont feel so bad..plus i saved $1,000
  • Options
    cant belive Zucc is gone.
    :(

Since Gabby is out for a while,
    I read Radulov might be a consideration for NYR
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,434
    JK8495 wrote:
    i think the kings would have rolled us...i dont feel so bad..plus i saved $1,000

i think we would have fared well against them.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Looks like slats is back to his old ways. Reports rangerS traded for Radulov's rights... Oh boy
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    badbrains wrote:
    Looks like slats is back to his old ways. Reports rangerS traded for Radulov's rights... Oh boy
    Wow!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:

but who/what did he give up ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    270972_10150909796194858_526124484_n.jpg

today is the anniversary.

18 years ago today the NYR won the cup,
    now the only concern is will it be another 18 ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    parise said forget about it whe asked about coming here :lol:
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,083

well I'll believe it when I see him turn down bigger money to return to New Jersey. Remember what George Young once said, "When a player says it's not about the money, it's about the money..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options

well I'll believe it when I see him turn down bigger money to return to New Jersey. Remember what George Young once said, "When a player says it's not about the money, it's about the money..

if i had to guess i would say detroit
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

I was really surprised by that. You would think he would want to keep as many teams in the running just to drive the price up. Unless it's some sort of twisted jedi mind trick thing.
  • Options
    of course he is going to say no. just like he is going to say no to other teams. until july 1st he is an NJ devil. his lips are sealed and he won't tell the media anything.

i like parise a lot and mentioned many times i would love to see him in a ranger sweater. but he strikes me as a very loyal individual and i think it would take a lot for him to leave NJ.

but on the flip side... why would he only sign a one year deal in the beginning of the season?
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    of course he is going to say no. just like he is going to say no to other teams. until july 1st he is an NJ devil. his lips are sealed and he won't tell the media anything.

i like parise a lot and mentioned many times i would love to see him in a ranger sweater. but he strikes me as a very loyal individual and i think it would take a lot for him to leave NJ.

but on the flip side... why would he only sign a one year deal in the beginning of the season?

supposedly they are broke..hence they can't pay him anywhere near what others will offer

but who really knows

i seriously doubt he comes to us
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Or he could be double talking to get More money out of new York. I did read somewhere that his wife is best friends with girardi and staals wives. I do know somebody who ran into him at a barbershop who over heard him say that Devils wont be able to sign him so he's got his pad up for sale. That was during the season and who knows. My opinion is he goes to Detroit or LA. But we'll see its only a couple weeks away...
  • Options
    i heaard on tv that there were only 2 markets going for Parise
    DET and NYR .

LA doesnt sound too far of a reach, being they are the champions.

:corn: :corn:

we'll see on july 1.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    time for NYR to draft a goaltender?

http://thehockeywriters.com/2012-nhl-dr ... ft-goalie/

“With the 28th pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, the New York Rangers select….” The name that will be at the end of that sentence on June 22nd has been discussed and debated at length by Rangers fans, and undoubtedly within the organization itself, since the season ended. There is one school of thought that believes the Rangers should use the pick to add more offense. On the other hand, there is a feeling that the Broadway Blueshirts might be leaning towards selecting a goaltender in the first round. Even though the Rangers are set in net for the time being, there a few good reasons why they should draft a goalie in the first round.

The Rangers are fortunate to have one of the best goalies in the NHL in Henrik Lundqvist. The Vezina and Hart Trophy nominee has been the Rangers’ MVP for each of the last six seasons. After playing seven years in the league, Lundqvist, who will turn 31 years old next March, is entering the second half of his career. Although Lundqvist should be playing in New York for the foreseeable future, the draft is where the Rangers can find a goaltender talented enough to be their goaltender of the future.

It has been a while since the Rangers have had a draft pick this low in the first round. The Atlantic Division Champions have the 28th pick in the draft, the lowest position they have had since they had the 26th pick (in a 26 team league) in the 1994 NHL Draft. Also, based on the reports that the Rangers have had “significant” trade talks with the Blue Jackets about Rick Nash, there is a realistic possibility that the 28th overall pick could be heading to Columbus rather than Broadway.

Assuming that the Rangers keep the pick, the best decision for them to make is to draft a goaltender. One reason is Lundqvist’s age. Although the longevity of other goalies around the league prove otherwise, most goalies exit their prime when they are around 35 years old. If this generalization holds true for Lundqvist, it means that the Rangers will have their MVP in his prime for the next four to five seasons, before his play begins to decline.
    platessmall.jpg