Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    Well I will be at about 15-20 of those games depending on how we split our season tickets...I deffinantly have Jan 9th and March 5th against the Isles and Nov 5th against Buffalo

I will let you guys know the rest when I find out
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Well I will be at about 15-20 of those games depending on how we split our season tickets...I deffinantly have Jan 9th and March 5th against the Isles and Nov 5th against Buffalo

I will let you guys know the rest when I find out

15 - 20 ? :eek:

Nice ! pretty much half the home schedule !

thats dedication for you !

[size=+2] - _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ - ! [/size]
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    15 - 20 ? :eek:

Nice ! pretty much half the home schedule !

thats dedication for you !

[size=+2] - _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ - ! [/size]

well i have season tickets...4 people 2 seats...so it all depends on how it works out...last season I got about 11 or 12...the season before I got either 15 or 16...so I guess it all depends....

edit:

November 5th, do what I'm going
    Giants vs Texas at 1
    Rangers vs Buffalo at 5 (530?)
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    RANGERS REASSIGN SIX PLAYERS FROM TRAINING CAMP
    9/18/2006

New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has released one player and reassigned six players to their respective teams.

Returning to their major junior teams are defenseman Bobby Sanguinetti and forwards Marc-Andre Cliche, Brodie Dupont, David Kveton, Tom Pyatt, and Ryan Russell.

Ivan Novoseltsev, who spent last season with Russia's Moscow Spartak and had come to training camp on a tryout basis, was released.

The Rangers now have 57 players remaining in training camp, including six goaltenders, 21 defensemen and 30 forwards. The Rangers begin their exhibition schedule on Tuesday when they travel to New Jersey to face the Devils.

PLAYERS RELEASED ON 9/18/06:
    Forward -- Ivan Novoseltsev (Moscow Spartak, RUS)

PLAYERS REASSIGNED ON 9/18/06
    Defense -- Bobby Sanguinetti (Owen Sound, OHL).
    Forwards -- Marc-Andre Cliche (Lewiston, QMJHL), Brodie Dupont (Calgary, WHL), David Kveton (Gatineau, QMJHL), Tommy Pyatt (Saginaw, OHL) and Ryan Russell (Kootenay, WHL).

PLAYERS STILL IN TRAINING CAMP
    Goal -- Chris Holt, Henrik Lundqvist, Al Montoya, Stephen Valiquette, Kevin Weekes and Alex Westlund

Defense -- Ivan Baranka, Ryan Constant, Marvin Degon, Mike Gabinet, Daniel Girardi, Darius Kasparaitis, Bryce Lampman, Marek Malik, Thomas Pock, Corey Potter, Dale Purinton, Karel, Rachunek, Martin Richter, Michal Rozsival, Marc Staal, Jake Taylor, Fedor Tyutin and Aaron Ward.

Forwards -- Zdenek Bahensky, Blair Betts, Dane Byers, Ryan Callahan, Matt Cullen, Nigel Dawes, Brandon Dubinsky, Lee Falardeau, Bruce Graham, Adam Hall, Dwight Helminen, Mike Hoffman, Ryan Hollweg, Marcel Hossa, Jarkko Immonen, Jaromir Jagr, Hugh Jessiman, Lauri Korpikoski, Rick Kozak, Francis Lessard, Greg Moore, Michal Nylander, Colton Orr, Jakub Petruzalek, Petr Prucha, Brendan Shanahan, Martin Straka, Jason Ward and Craig Weller.

PLAYERS CURRENTLY INJURED
    Forward -- Jed Ortmeyer (pulmonary embolism)
    Defense -- David Liffiton, Sandis Ozolinsh and Hannu Pikkarainen.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Is it really that much of a guess of what the goalie ranks are going to be?
    1. Henrik
    2. Weekes
    3. Montoya
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Hey fellas. Looking forward to the pre-season opener tomorrow night! So far I have three games I'm going to this season, Oct. 12 against the Pens, Nov. 28 against the Thrashers (my birthday!) and some game in December against the Panthers. Crap teams, but at least I should see a win!
  • Options
    Is it really that much of a guess of what the goalie ranks are going to be?
    1. Henrik
    2. Weekes
    3. Montoya

it would not be a total surprise if throughout the course of the season it winds up being

Henke
    Montoya
    Weekes

of course, these are goalies we are talking about so any given game could be a drastic change.

moster whats up bro- another season !

we got shanny bro !

:eek:

moster78 wrote:
    Nov. 28 against the Thrashers
    Novembber baby here also !
    in accordance with pearl jam and esa tikkanen, , mine is the 10th ! ;)
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://msgvox2.cv.net/ramgen/msgnetwork.com/09_2006/nyr_jagr_sot_091706.rm

jagrs pleased they changed the rules concerning stick blades

real clip
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    real video

JD gets emotional about NY, the NY fans, The Garden, MSG , and The Rangers.

http://msgvox2.cv.net/ramgen/msgnetwork.com/09_2006/nyr_jd_seg_091706.rm
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    congratulations, Metsies.

Slew of videos available thru NYR.com::

http://newyorkrangers.com/team/trainingcamp06/feature.asp?id=2274

VIDEO -– 2006 BLUE-WHITE GAME
    Watch 6:45 of action from the game
    High | Low

Watch the game-ending shootout
    High | Low

VIDEO -– CEREMONY HONORING SAM & JD
    Kasparaitis introduces his teammates
    High | Low

Sam and JD watch tribute video
    High | Low

Rod Gilbert honors Sam and JD
    High | Low

Tom Renney speaks of Sam and JD's contribution
    High | Low

Sam Rosen reflects on 20 years
    High | Low

JD salutes the entire Rangers organization
    High | Low
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,135
    for those that are near a TV, they are replaying Messier night on MSG now.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    NHL Board of Governors Approves Rule Changes
    CHICAGO (September 14, 2006) -- The National Hockey League Board of Governors approved a variety of rule changes pertaining to the curvature of players' sticks.

The maximum curvature of a player's stick was increased to three-quarters of an inch. Previously, the maximum curvature had been one-half inch

During regulation time or overtime (but not shootouts), a player found to have a stick curved in excess of that amount would be assessed a minor penalty and a $200 fine for the first offense. A second offense in the same season would be accompanied by a minor penalty, plus a fine of $1,000. A third offense in the same season would draw a game misconduct penalty and an automatic one-game suspension. The suspension would double in length for any subsequent violation in the same season.

During shootouts, an opposing Club may request measurement of a shooter's stick prior to the shooter's attempt. If the stick is found to be legal, the complaining Club would forfeit its next shootout attempt and the player listed for the challenging Club's next attempt would not be permitted to participate until all other eligible players have participated. The Club would be fined $5,000 and the Club's coach would be fined $1,000. If the stick is illegal, the offending player would become ineligible to participate in the shootout and the Club would forfeit that shootout attempt. The Club would be fined $5,000 and the player would be fined $1,000.

The Board also approved enhanced measures against "diving" and embellishment of actions in the attempt to draw a penalty. The first such infraction would result in a warning letter being sent to the player or goalkeeper. A second infraction would be accompanied by a $1,000 fine. A third infraction would result in a telephone hearing with the Director of Hockey Operations and a possible one-game suspension. The length of the suspension would double for any subsequent violation.

The Board also approved a rule change that will give the home team the choice of shooting first or second in the shootout.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    Fuck The Rangers!!

Lets Go Flyers!!!
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • Options
    oppie1 wrote:
    Fuck The Flyers!!

Lets Go Rangers !!!

amen , brother
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    1st game goes to The Blueshirts, 3-1 .

From the brief clips I saw on MSG SportsDesk,

it looked like Hollweg slapped the taste out of Janssenns mouth ( again )

tonights game is on the MSG Network , Ranger fans !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!! hockey on T.V tonight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO RANGER'S !!!!!!!!

p.s. good job switching the flyers to ranger's
  • Options
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/454108p-382171c.html

Time running out on Leetch return

By JOHN DELLAPINA
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Rangers will welcome Brian Leetch back, but he must make a decision soon.
    Rangers GM Glen Sather said he reached out and had genuine interest. But as Brian Leetch never reached back, Sather pursued other business.

And now that the initial free-agent signing frenzy is long past, the opening of training camp has come and gone and even the preseason schedule has begun (as of last night at the Meadowlands), the prospect of the greatest defenseman in franchise history finishing his career as a Ranger is growing less likely.

"We talked probably a month ago, his agent (Jay Grossman) and I. And I never got any idea whether he wanted to play or not play," Sather said. "We talked to him in the first week of free agency. Then he got back to us just probably three weeks to a month ago and never really gave us any indication what he wanted to do.

"We haven't heard from him since."

By all accounts, that is because Leetch has not made up his mind. While he apparently has decided that he either will play for the Rangers or retire, the 38-year-old surefire Hall of Famer has yet to conclude to his own satisfaction that he wants to play another season - or is in sufficient physical condition to attend training camp.

That deliberation is completely understandable for a legendary player who is coming off two unsettling seasons and has a wife and three young children in Boston. But it isn't conducive to the pace at which NHL teams must make their roster decisions - particularly in a salary-cap era.

Since the time the Rangers first inquired about Leetch's intentions for 2006-07, they signed free agent Aaron Ward, brought Karel Rachunek back from Russia and re-signed Michal Rozsival.

"Between the time free agency started and just before training camp, you've got holes all filled," Sather said. "Your roster's filled. You've signed players and you've used a lot of your money.

"But I haven't heard back from them, so I don't know what their plans are, what they're interested in doing."

Clearly, the Rangers could use Leetch's still-elite ability to quarterback a potentially lethal power play and make a first pass to spring star forwards such as Jaromir Jagr and Brendan Shanahan. And the Rangers have approximately $5million of cap space to make a deal.

But now, it probably would require trading one of their current defensemen to make room on the roster. Not that Sather has ruled out that possibility.

"He's a great player and he's always going to be able to play," Sather said. "He's always going to possess the skills that he possesses, which are tremendous skills. Sure, I'd talk to him.

"But that's a situation I'd have to bring up to the coaching staff to see what they'd want to do. We've got 12 defensemen here now.

"That's not to say that Brian couldn't play. But I don't know whether he's even working out or what he's doing. I haven't heard from him. So, at this point, it's all guesswork.

"We called. I'd like to have talked to him to see what he's doing, see what his thought process is. Brian's a great guy and he's been a great Ranger for a lot of years. So the least we could do was find out what his intentions were."

Notebook

SURE BETTS: The Rangers got goals from Blair Betts, Adam Hall and Brandon Dubinsky in a 3-1 preseason victory over the Devils last night at the Meadowlands. Al Montoya stopped 11 of 12 shots and Steve Valiquette stopped all 13 shots he faced for the Rangers (1-0), who face the Devils (1-1) tonight at the Garden.

Originally published on September 20, 2006
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/renney_yearns_for_youth_rangers_larry_brooks.htm

RENNEY YEARNS FOR YOUTH

By LARRY BROOKS

September 20, 2006 -- Tom Renney wants to be perfectly clear about this. Brandon Dubinsky/or any other young forward competing to make the Rangers out of training camp isn't competing for a particular lineup slot but rather for a roster spot.

"Brandon's skills tell you that he should be a second-line center, if not a first-liner when he hits his stride in the NHL, but if he plays well enough to earn a spot with the Rangers, he can be a fourth-liner for me out of camp," Renney said of the precocious 20-year-old who beat Martin Brodeur on a 50-footer in last night's 3-1 preseason victory over the Devils at the Meadowlands. "People shouldn't get caught up labeling players based on what line they might open the season or any particular game, because I certainly don't.

"I don't have a problem with the integrity of having a young player on our fourth line. By playing him in that spot, I can protect his minutes while giving that fourth line the enthusiasm and energy young players bring to the task. Plus, we might be able to conceal some offense by having the talent level of a Dubinsky on a line you don't generally associate with that."

In other words, Dubinsky doesn't have to be the second-line center in order to avoid opening the season in Hartford. For that matter,Nigel Dawes who skated on Dubinskys Left flank, doesn't have to open as a top-six forward, either, in order to make the 23-man roster for the Oct. 5 opener against the Caps.
    http://www.newsday.com/media/thumbnails/photo/2006-09/25482428.jpg

Jaromir Jagr, who practices every day but has not received clearance from the medical staff (or Renney) to take contact, probably won't play in a preseason game until the Rangers' final exhibition, Sept. 30 at Boston. "I hope I can play in at least one game before the season starts," Jagr said. "I would want that."

Kevin Weekes, bothered by a groin pull, did not skate yesterday and is not expected to get onto the ice today, either. Hugh Jessiman, in his third camp, played in his first Ranger preseason game and was involved physically. . . . Lauri Korpikoski, improving by the day in his first pro camp, was impressive.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    so what will all you fellas be watching tonight at 7pm eastern ?

:confused:

;)
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    amen , brother

what a way to mis-quote me..

you and i both saw i said the rangers are a bunch of fucking douchebags, Jagr is overrated, and the flyers will win the cup this year :)
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    so what will all you fellas be watching tonight at 7pm eastern ?

:confused:

;)

i'll be listening to the Flyers game tonight at 6:30, then going to the game tomorrow night vs the wussy Devils
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• Options
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• Options
    oppie1 wrote:
    what a way to mis-quote me..

you and i both saw i said the rangers are a bunch of fucking douchebags, Jagr is overrated, and the flyers will win the cup this year :)

:rolleyes:

this is what we think of your flyboys

kasparaitis_010506jb.jpg

PXC10704152225.jpg

NYJJ10204050001.jpg

NYJJ11004050229.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    :rolleyes:

this is what we think of your flyboys

kasparaitis_010506jb.jpg

PXC10704152225.jpg

NYJJ10204050001.jpg

NYJJ11004050229.jpg

are we forgetting last season when Gag's scored 7 seconds into OT? Weeks sucks... we owned you guys last season

but hey.. if you wanna root for a team that probablly wont make the playoffs..go for it...feel free to bump this thread at the end of the season when your season is over in mid -April
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• Options
    i love shanny and cullen ,,sweet pickups

greg moore looked real good last night

awesome first period,,even though we were playing the river rats and not the devils

rozival torn menicous (sp) artho surgery ,,out 2 weeks ,,, fuck

could have been worse,,hopefully he will be ready for the start

LET'S GO RANGER'S !!
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i love shanny and cullen ,,sweet pickups

greg moore looked real good last night

awesome first period,,even though we were playing the river rats and not the devils

rozival torn menicous (sp) artho surgery ,,out 2 weeks ,,, fuck

could have been worse,,hopefully he will be ready for the start

LET'S GO RANGER'S !!

sweet looking game !
    speed and youth !

how about it ?

as far as Rozsivals meniscus, very fortunate it was most likely the medial and not the lateral - only 2 weeks tells us it was the lesser significant as far as injuries.

whats more of a concern is if Jagr is going to make it back , and if they are telling us all the details concerning his bum shoulder . We all know they hold certain info back to protect the player. that game was very enjoyable.

Joe Micheletti is no JD- we all know that - but he did pretty damn good . It will take some time for the chemistry between him and Sam to build up- but all in all he did a decent job .

Shanny looks awful good in the Red , White, and Blue, doesnt he ? :confused:

Lets Go Rangers !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    sweet looking game !
    speed and youth !

how about it ?

as far as Rozsivals meniscus, very fortunate it was most likely the medial and not the lateral - only 2 weeks tells us it was the lesser significant as far as injuries.

whats more of a concern is if Jagr is going to make it back , and if they are telling us all the details concerning his bum shoulder . We all know they hold certain info back to protect the player. that game was very enjoyable.

Joe Micheletti is no JD- we all know that - but he did pretty damn good . It will take some time for the chemistry between him and Sam to build up- but all in all he did a decent job .

Shanny looks awful good in the Red , White, and Blue, doesnt he ? :confused:

Lets Go Rangers !

shanny just knows how to create enough space to get the shot off ,,its amazing how he does that

i love all the young kids ,,alot of good players in the system ,, which = a bright future

as for micheletti ,,, no JD for sure,, but it is what it is,, we will get use to him

as for jagr ,,, i will be concerned until he gets hit a couple of times ,,

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    as for jagr ,,, i will be concerned until he gets hit a couple of times ,,

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!

so when you create the " Jagrs in the office " thread : ,

go over and accidentaly " bump " into him , maybe grind him into some wall somewhere in the office,.. - see how he reacts !

;)
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    so when you create the " Jagrs in the office " thread : ,

go over and accidentaly " bump " into him , maybe grind him into some wall somewhere in the office,.. - see how he reacts !

;)

HAHA lol that would be funny ,,come here let me test that shoulder!!

the office has been quiet ....