Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Henrik grinding his teeth, causing migraine headaches last season !
    :eek:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/ny-sprang134889587sep13,0,1250961.story?coll=ny-hockey-headlines

Lundqvist plagued late by migraines
    BY STEVE ZIPAY
    STAFF CORRESPONDENT; Neil Best

September 13, 2006

GREENBURGH, N.Y. - A hip flexor injury wasn't the only ailment that troubled Rangers rookie goaltender Henrik Lundqvist at the end of last season. The Swedish netminder admitted yesterday that he suffered from severe migraine headaches, which affected his play when he returned to the net after being sidelined for three weeks with the hip flexor injury.

The headaches, Lundqvist said yesterday, had never previously affected him and were caused by grinding his teeth while asleep, possibly from tension.

"It was something that just showed up when I got back here," Lundqvist said after an optional practice with the team at the Madison Square Garden Training Center. "It always felt worse in the morning," he said, rubbing his temples.

Asked if the headaches bothered him during the last game of the season - when the Rangers lost, 5-1, to Ottawa - and during the playoffs, when he played in three losses to the Devils, Lundqvist said: "A little bit ... It was tough to have that at the same time."

The headaches continued in June and when he contacted the Rangers from Sweden, he was prescribed muscle relaxers and a retainer to wear at night. He said, "the situation is getting better each day."

The headaches - and perhaps an ensuing loss of concentration - could explain why Lundqvist confessed that he was not seeing the puck well in the playoffs and why head coach Tom Renney tabbed Kevin Weekes for Game 2 of the first-round sweep by the Devils. Lundqvist, who had a sparkling 2.24 goals-against average and a .922 save percentage in 53 regular-season games, dipped to a 4.40 GAA and an .835 save percentage in the playoffs.

Micheletti on announcing team.

MSG Network officially named Joe Micheletti to replace John Davidson as the Rangers' TV analyst alongside Sam Rosen. Micheletti had been the Islanders' analyst since 1998-99. Billy Jaffe, a radio analyst for the Atlanta Thrashers the past five seasons, is expected to succeed Micheletti on Islanders telecasts with play-by-play man Howie Rose.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    sounds like a built in excuse to me

flash in the pan
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    good thing we found out b4 we gave him a 25 year contract lol haha
  • Options
    m0jorisen wrote:

flash in the pan

marc-andre fluery has really lived up to the hype so far lol
  • Options
    m0jorisen wrote:

flash in the pan

so will you root for the flyboys after the penguins move outta Pitts ? Or will you follow them to Hartford- orwherever else they potentially wind up at ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    so will you root for the flyboys after the penguins move outta Pitts ? Or will you follow them to Hartford- orwherever else they potentially wind up at ?

ill become a Rangers fan if that happens
  • Options
    m0jorisen wrote:
    ill become a Rangers fan when that happens

but Ranger fans have it born onto them,.. its inherent.
    They dont jump on the bandwagon cuz another team cant live up to the true meaning of a " team " .....

best of luck
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    but Ranger fans have it born onto them,.. its inherent.
    They dont jump on the bandwagon cuz another team cant live up to the true meaning of a " team " .....

best of luck

yeah Jagr is a great team guy
  • Options
    m0jorisen wrote:
    yeah Jagr is a great team guy

yep

thats why he will succeed Messier as the new Captain.

dont be bitter- its not becoming .

thanks for keeping the bumps coming and our thread at the top !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    T-CaseT-Case Posts: 186
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Micheletti on announcing team.

MSG Network officially named Joe Micheletti to replace John Davidson as the Rangers' TV analyst alongside Sam Rosen. Micheletti had been the Islanders' analyst since 1998-99. Billy Jaffe, a radio analyst for the Atlanta Thrashers the past five seasons, is expected to succeed Micheletti on Islanders telecasts with play-by-play man Howie Rose.

This part made me mad, John Davidson was the man
    m0jorisen wrote:

flash in the pan
    False
    PJ at MSG in 2008! Mission Accomplished

The band all knows. We're too afraid to mention.
    Don't want to be part of Frank's luncheon.
    Lose weight. Be safe. Where's Mike McCready?
    My god he's been ate!
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    yep

thats why he will succeed Messier as the new Captain.

dont be bitter- its not becoming .

thanks for keeping the bumps coming and our thread at the top !

putting a C on someones jersey doent make them a captain

what do i have to be bitter about?

because the Rangers played 4 more games last year than the Pens?

Jagr doesnt deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Mess
  • Options
    m0jorisen wrote:
    putting a C on someones jersey doent make them a captain

dude- he single- handedly carried that team last year on his shoulders ( 1 of which collapsed at the end ) Id say he earned it
    m0jorisen wrote:
    what do i have to be bitter about?
    maybe because he's not in the black and yellow anymore ?
    m0jorisen wrote:
    because the Rangers played 4 more games last year than the Pens?
    well, yeah ,..
    m0jorisen wrote:
    Jagr doesnt deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Mess
    maybe so- but in the next few weeks, he will be, when they roll out the red carpets and he is wearing that " C " on his sweater.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    dude- he single- handedly carried that team last year on his shoulders ( 1 of which collapsed at the end ) Id say he earned it

maybe because he's not in the black and yellow anymore ?

well, yeah ,..

maybe so- but in the next few weeks, he will be, when they roll out the red carpets and he is wearing that " C " on his sweater.

1 point in the playoffs

im not saying he isnt a good player

but when things arent going well he's a cry baby
  • Options
    http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/lundqvist_has_licked_migraine_problem_rangers_larry_brooks.htm

LUNDQVIST HAS LICKED
    MIGRAINE PROBLEM

By LARRY BROOKS

HENRIK LUNDQVIST Email Archives
    Print © Reprint
    Feeds Newsletters

September 13, 2006 -- If the Henrik Lundqvist who was in the Ranger nets for the playoffs hardly resembled his regal self against the Devils, there apparently was more than one reason for it.
    Because, The King revealed yesterday, he played through migraines upon his return from a hip-flexor injury he'd suffered in late March that sidelined him for all but the last game of the regular season's final 19 days.

"Of course it was tough to play and have that at the same time," Lundqvist said after an informal scrimmage and workout at the Rangers' practice rink in which nearly every veteran participated.

"I'd wake up in the morning with [migraines]. They got better during the day but never completely went away. My whole face was tender.

"I had them the whole summer, too, until the last couple of weeks. But now, after taking tests, I'm on medication. The doctors found that they were caused by me grinding my teeth overnight when I slept, which I guess was somewhat [because of nerves].

"But I'm fine now. I don't have headaches and my hip is 100 percent," the 24-year-old goaltender said. "When I started going onto the ice at the end of July, I could feel [the hip] a little bit, but I haven't felt anything after the first two weeks.

"I have exercises to do that will help my back, which was also part of it. I guess I'm always going to be a little concerned until I get going. I just have to keep working on my training. I've been here working out and on the ice for a couple of weeks already, just to make sure everything feels good."

Lundqvist surrendered 13 goals on 79 shots in 176:16 (4.42 GAA, .835 save percentage) in the sweep by the Devils in which Kevin Weekes started Game 2. The Rangers thus finished what had been a feel-good season by losing their last nine games by an aggregate 37-13. "My game was not where it should have been, and that was a factor," Lundqvist said.

Ranger training camp commences with physicals tomorrow and first on-ice sessions Friday.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    ranger's ten to remember is on msg right now

12-10-05 at st.louis
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    ranger's ten to remember is on msg right now

12-10-05 at st.louis

they replayed that one last night too- i caught a few minutes of that thinking how ironic hearing( Mike Crispino & ) JD call the game for the team that he is now GM for....
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/blueshirts_goal__playoffs_or_bust_rangers_larry_brooks.htm

BLUESHIRTS' GOAL:
    PLAYOFFS OR BUST

By LARRY BROOKS
    HENRIK LUNDQVIST Photo: Reuters HENRIK LUNDQVIST

September 14, 2006 -- Guaranteed to happen when the Rangers report for training camp physicals today at their Westchester practice rink: presumptive captain Jaromir Jagr will be asked to guarantee a second consecutive playoff berth for the Blueshirts.

A year ago, of course, everyone scoffed when No. 68 issued a pledge that seemed way wackier than even Joe Namath's 1969 Super Bowl vow. Now, a repeat of the guarantee is essentially required after the Rangers did indeed qualify for the tournament for the first time since 1997.

The Rangers report to camp with a foundation of success after qualifying for the playoffs last season. But there is still much to prove and much to improve upon in the aftermath of the ultimate, concluding and conclusive nine-game losing streak that cost the team a division title and its historic spotless postseason record against the Devils.

"We want to make the playoffs again for sure and show that last year was not a one-year [fluke], goalie Henrik Lundqvist said."

Glen Sather, prescient last year in building around Jagr and constructing a club designed to take advantage of the new-era rules interpretations, had a second consecutive conservative free agent summer. Sather added winger Brendan Shanahan, center Matt Cullen and defenseman Aaron Ward while maintaining a significant amount of cap flexibility for the season.

While the team hardly fits the traditional rebuilding model, the significant renovations are taking place at the back of the house. Tom Renney will be open to kids taking the relatively few apparent open spots on the roster if they're earned.

There appears to be one open spot among the top six forwards, either in the middle or at wing, depending upon where Martin Straka lines up. Figure the early competition to feature Jarkko Immonen, Lori Korpikoski, Nigel Dawes and Brandon Dubinsky.

There may also be a spot open for a checking and penalty-kill forward, now that Radek Dvorak has signed with St. Louis rather than with the Rangers.( Thanks JD ! )

The six-man defense seems pretty well locked in, but Marc Staal, Martin Richter, Thomas Pock, Ivan Baranka and Daniel Girardi will get long looks if merited. Brian Leetch, by the way, has given no indication to the Rangers that he either does or does not wish to continue his career, and the Rangers, at the same time, have given no commitment of any kind to Leetch.

Guaranteed, however, to happen at tomorrow's first skate: defenseman David Liffiton will not be wearing the No. 2 decal on his helmet as he did during Tuesday's informal scrimmage.

Michael Sauer, the 19-year-old defenseman who was the 40th overall selection in the 2005 Entry Draft, is still suffering post-concussion symptoms after an injury he sustained at last month's USA Hockey Evaluation camp and will not attend Ranger camp.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.nypost.com/photos/rangerslede09152006.jpg

RANGERS' JAGR SET TO SHOULDER BURDEN

By LARRY BROOKS
    September 15, 2006 -- A year ago much of North America questioned Jaromir Jagr's heart. Now, the only questions are about the condition of his left shoulder following summer rehabilitation from the surgery required on May 8 after No. 68 had dislocated it in the final minutes of the Rangers' April 22 playoff opener at the Meadowlands.
    "The shoulder is not strong yet, but the doctors said the [range of motion] is better than they thought it would be," Jagr said yesterday after going through his training camp physical. "I was practicing the last few weeks in the Czech Republic, but I didn't get in Europe. We don't hit and I'm going to have to see how the shoulder reacts to contact.

"My plan is to practice and scrimmage the same as everybody else here, and to get stronger and work harder so that I'm ready for the [Oct. 5] start of the season. My goal is to completely heal it before the season starts. If the shoulder is strong enough, then I want to play as many exhibition games as I can so I can get into shape.

"It doesn't matter if I play bad, the more I play the better it will be for me. I have four weeks to get ready, and hopefully I will be ready."

Jagr, who repeated his postseason assertion that he would feel "more comfortable" accepting the captaincy if offered the post by Tom Renney than he did while rejecting the offer at the start of last year. It will likely be offered in due course, following a series of meetings between the player and head coach. Jagr appeared to be in an excellent mood as the 2006-07 Blueshirts convened for the first time.

Jagr said he was optimistic about the team, endorsing the free-agent additions of veterans Brendan Shanahan, Matt Cullen and Aaron Ward, who own a combined seven Stanley Cup rings. Still, No. 68 added a qualifier to his expectation of team success for this season.

"I think it's very important that we added players with experience winning the Cup that I don't think we had for the playoffs last year. I think that's a plus," said Jagr, who established franchise records for goals and points in a season with his 54-69-123. "But nobody is going to take us lightly at the start of the year the way they did last year.

"I expect that we're going to make the playoffs. I believe we're going to make it if we don't have any important injuries, because with the salary cap it's not easy to replace players if they get injured. It's not like it was before."

Jagr's correct, of course, about the punitive nature of the cap. It must, however, be noted that the Rangers will enter the year with approximately $6 million of space available for the season and will have as much maneuverability as any serious team in the league, and far more than most.

Renney said he planned to cite both the Rangers' 2005-06 regular-season success and postseason failure in last night's opening address to the squad. "We need to recognize that as much as it was a decent year, we did step on a banana peel late, and that should give us a sense of motivation," Renney said.

larry.brooks@nypost.com
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://newyorkrangers.com/pressbox/pressreleases.asp?id=2264

MOOD UPBEAT AS CAMP OPENS AT TRAINING CENTER
    9/14/2006

Brendan Shanahan and his new Rangers teammates begin skating at the Training Center on Friday.

The New York Rangers' 2006-07 training camp got off to a fast start at the Madison Square Garden Training Center on Thursday, as more than 60 players assembled for fitness evaluations and medicals.

The atmosphere resembled the first day back at a school or college, as friends who hadn't seen each other in months talked about their summers while waiting their turn at everything from physicals to photographs. Several members of the team, including head coach Tom Renney and right wing Jaromir Jagr, held informal news conferences in the players' lounge with print and television reporters, who also turned out in force on Thursday.

For newcomers, including this summer's free-agent additions, it was a chance to meet new teammates and begin to absorb life as a Ranger. Just about the only thing the players didn't get to do on Thursday was skate – but they'll have plenty of time for that over the next couple of weeks, as they are all scheduled to hit the ice for the first time on Friday.

With nearly triple the number of players that make up a regular-season roster in camp, the group has been split into three divisions -- called Red, White and Blue -- that will practice together for the camp's first few days. Each group includes a mix of Rangers veterans and prospects.

Stick with newyorkrangers.com throughout the days ahead for photos, video, exclusive player interviews and much more from the Training Center.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.msgnetwork.com/rangers.jsp

Stan Fischler
    2006-07 NHL Previews: New York Rangers

Sep 14, 2006

The good news is that the Rangers, Islanders, Devils and Sabres all are undefeated.

The other news -- as if you didn’t know -- is that nobody has played a game yet.

No Matter.

This is a delicious time of the year for hockey fans because optimism reigns supreme; and, as everyone knows, when it rains it pours -- hockey pucks.

So in the spirit of happy hockey days, let’s examine the teams, and try to figure out what will happen between the opening of training camps and where they’ll finish next spring.

CLICK FOR PREVIEW: DEVILS ISLANDERS SABRES

NEW YORK RANGERS

Open camp: September 14th at MSG Training Center (Tarrytown, NY).
    First exhibition game: Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils at Continental Airlines Arena Tuesday, September 19th.

For starters, Tom Renney’s sextet is in a far more challenging position than it was a year ago. As every Blueshirts fan knows, last September most "experts" had consigned the locals to the depths of the NHL universe. They could go nowhere but up.

And they did -- to near-stratospheric heights.

Most of the league was taken by surprise; an element that will not be in the Rangers favor this time around.

Now that the league is ready for the Rangers, how ready is MSG’s rep for the league?

The signs are encouraging. Renney’s remodeled Rangers look good enough to clear the second playoff round-- and here’s why:

FORWARDS

What last year was a one-man-band operation, orchestrated and conducted by Jaromir Jagr, has changed into an orchestra. Jagr still will wield the baton and play lead trumpet but he’ll be surrounded by some notable soloists in their own right.
    By far the most meaningful is the addition of Brendan Shanahan who will deliver in many different keys -- including goals, leadership, and power play effectiveness.

Most important, he will deflect the enemy’s attention from Jagr, thereby allowing JJ to play his favorite "Dipsy Doodle" tune. The two should make some beautiful music together.

Unobtrusively and with little fuss and fan fare, Matt Cullen’s arrival will indubitably be the most pleasant surprise of all New York’s forwards.

Brendan Shanahan will try to improve the Rangers offensive attack this season (AP)
    Also, on the plus side, Jagr’s best buddy, Martin Straka, will provide the necessary camaraderie both on and off the ice.
    And as everyone knows, the happier Jagr happens to be, the better he plays.

What will be most interesting -- and a challenge to Renney -- will be Exhibit-P, otherwise known as Petr Prucha. Were his surprising 30 goals an aberration? Can he avoid the sophomore slump and be even better? It says here that we can expect even more from Double-P the second time around.

No question, there will be holes to fill.

The departure of Dominic Moore to Pittsburgh and the sidelining of Jed Ortmeyer due to a pulmonary embolism leaves Renney short of a solid penalty killing combo. Training camp should provide the answer there with Ryan Hollweg and Blair Betts possible candidates for short-handed situations.

In 2005-06, we learned the meaning of shootout and the importance of Michael Nylander in that role. Jagr should also be more effective in the post game one-on-one’s. Ditto, Prucha.

At 6-foot-3, 208 pounds, off-season acquisition, Adam Hall, is intimidating and has the ability to create offense and also kill penalties. .

Jason Ward is a reliable defensive forward with a quality work ethic, but his speed can be a question mark.

Two-way center Jarkko Immonen, skilled but undersized Nigel Dawes, battling Colton Orr and talented winger Marcel Hossa will all fight it out in training camp to see who’ll win the final roster openings.

DEFENSE

Of all the assets that contributed to the Rangers meteoric ascent last season, the least credited one was defense.

Granted, the Blueshirts lacked a Bobby Orr but, collectively, the lads were more effective than most blueline corps in the NHL.

What better example then Michael Rozsival, who quietly finished the season tied for the league lead in plus-minus (plus-35). There’s no reason to believe that he won’t repeat at a high level this year. The same can be said for Marek Malik, whose consistency was obscured by his sensational shootout goal against Washington’s Olaf Kolzig.

If Darius Kasparitus can shake his injury bugaboo, the laughing Lithuanian should be at the prime of his career.

Glen Sather knew that he needed a solid, hitting D-man to balance his back line and that’s where Aaron Ward neatly fits into the equation. Ward brings Stanley Cup experience that should prove invaluable to his mates.

The 12th overall pick of the 2005 Draft, Marc Staal, and Thomas Pock will contend for the last spot on the blueline.

GOALTENDING

Henrik Lundqvist is the real deal.

The Rangers have not had as stable presence in goal since Mike Richter was backstopping them.

As long as Lundqvist can duplicate what he did last season, he will be the Blueshirts go-to guy.

If Lundqvist either falters or gets hurt, Kevin Weekes will be there. The fans may not agree but Weekes is an ideal back-up.

COACHING

Renney and staff (Benoit Allaire, Perry Pearn and Mike Pelino) proved just the prescription for an uncertain team emerging from the Lockout.

Although he didn’t win the Adams Award, a good case could’ve been made for the eloquent Renney as coach of the year. His cerebral-social approach inspired the Jagr renaissance, not to mention the Rangers reconfiguration as a hustling sextet. Tom is smart enough to learn from his mistakes and should be even sharper behind the bench a second time around.

MANAGEMENT

Sather did well with his coaching choice, not to mention pivotal acquisitions in 2005-2006. The results were obvious. Too bad he couldn’t have cancelled the Olympics, thereby freeing Jagr and Lundqvist to be at their best. Slats made crisp, thoughtful choices in the off-season; specifically Shanahan, Hall, Aaron Ward and Cullen. Sather has provided his coach with all the necessary ingredients for an even better season than the last one.

CONCLUSION

It would not be a stretch to suggest that the Rangers have Stanley Cup potential. Easily the most interesting training camp result -- apart from the usual competition among rookies -- will be whether Brian Leetch ever shows up and concludes his career in a blue shirt.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,129
    In the hockey news preview magazine, the Rangers are picked for third in the East.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    In the hockey news preview magazine, the Rangers are picked for third in the East.

last year, they picked them for 30th out of 30.

theyve come a long way , huh .

hope they can match the success they had last year- maybe go another round or two into the second season.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,129
    last year brooks picked the devils to win it all. most picked the rangers for 30th and about the highest projection i saw was 12th in the East.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Jaromir discusses his shoulder, conditioning , his probable captaincy, and the upcoming season with John Giannone

Realplayer / Windows video

http://msgvox2.cv.net/ramgen/msgnetwork.com/09_2006/nyr_jagr_sot_091406.rm
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Rookie Dubinsky making alot of noise at camp,...

RANGERS ON THE ICE FOR PRACTICES, SCRIMMAGES
    9/15/2006

Marc Staal digs for a puck during Friday's scrimmage between the Rangers' Red and White teams.

The New York Rangers' 2006-07 training camp continued Friday at the Madison Square Garden Training Center with all players hitting the ice for the first time.

The more than 60 players were broken up into three groups – Red, White and Blue. The Red and White groups practiced in the morning and scrimmaged afterward. The Blue team scrimmaged against the White team before practicing in the afternoon.

Jaromir Jagr, the Rangers' leading scorer last season, took part in his Red team practice, but was unable to join his teammates for the scrimmage. Jagr is still recovering from off-season shoulder surgery, and was still not ready for intense contact on Friday. Jagr expressed optimism that he would be ready to play in some of the team's preseason games – the first of which takes place on Tuesday night in New Jersey.

Rangers head coach Tom Renney met members of the media following the two scrimmages, and addressed a number of issues surrounding the team. One of these involved the new offseason additions of free agents Brendan Shanahan, Matt Cullen and Aaron Ward.

"I think their experience really helps," said Renney. "They've played in the league a long time, and are Cup winners. They will bring that to us right away and we need that. We need a reference point of what it takes, especially in this new game. We will certainly use them as resources to identify what it was they did last year that they really liked, or whatever the case may be. I think the experience that Brendan, Aaron, and Matt have will really help us, though not to express for a second that we don't have guys in our room right now that can deliver already."

Renney was also asked about the style of hockey the Rangers might play in 2006-07.

"The red line is unique to our game," he said. "We have to continue to play a hard-working game, and a game that pays attention to the details regardless of what zone you are in and who has or hasn't have the puck. Having said that, we will also pay attention to some tactics that might elevate our team speed in the attack for example."

Renney also commented on the play of Brandon Dubinsky, one of the impressive rookies in Friday's scrimmages.

"I think there is a race amongst good young players to crack this lineup, and I am not sure who is going to cross the finish line first, but I think there is a race there and Dubinsky is certainly one of them," Renney said. "He thrust himself into the forefront last year, and all I've done to suggest to him is exactly what he should do here. When I get the opportunity to talk to these young guys it will be the same message. Don't sit and wait. Do everything to make our team now. Brandon, I think, is one of those young fellows that has clearly gotten that message and is trying to bring his A game every day and he sure will.

"… I hope that we bring so much out of these young fellows that the big boss has tough decisions to make in terms of what we do with contracts and things. That’s my job."
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    did anyone buy tickets at 12pm??

my boy got 2 for opening night,,dont know what's left out there
  • Options
    i didnt get ticks, but maybe somewheres down the road-
    i'm not sweating it- i always wind up getting what i need

good read from camp :

http://www.nypost.com/sports/dawes_has_shot_to_make_rangers_sports_larry_brooks.htm

DAWES HAS SHOT TO
    MAKE RANGERS

By LARRY BROOKS

September 17, 2006 -- The Rangers have a total of 16 days on the ice from the opening of camp through their final exhibition game, then another four days of preparation before opening the NHL season.
    So only two days into camp instead becomes already two days into camp. Which means any athlete competing for a roster spot had best step up by the end of tomorrow's Blue-White intrasquad game, the way Nigel Dawes, Brandon Dubinsky, Dwight Helminen, Ivan Baranka and Martin Richter have thus far.

"Not only is it the [CBA-mandated] compressed time period, but we're trying to do some systems play here at the same time," Tom Renney said. "The nature of the beast is that we're paying attention to those things as well as whether a kid gets our attention early."

Dawes, a 21-year-old sniper who scored 35 goals last year for the AHL Wolf Pack, made an impression on essentially every one of his shifts yesterday. He has a goal-scorer's instincts (and shot), with the ability to carve out good ice around the net. It is not inconceivable he could earn a spot playing left wing with Michael Nylander and Jaromir Jagr while Martin Straka skates with Matt Cullen and Brendan Shanahan.

"Nigel has gotten our attention as we would have expected of him," Renney said.

Goalie Al Montoya looked very sharp in his first scrimmage work, a huge contrast to his performance at last year's camp. . . . Jason Ward has played in the middle each of the first two days, and Ryan Hollweg played center yesterday.

wonder is jason ward and aaron ward are related ? :confused:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/453070p-381312c.html

Top 5

Ranger Brendan Shanahan's Top 5 Concert Acts:

1. The Who
    2. AC/DC
    3. Bruce Springsteen
    4. Bon Jovi
    5. U2

Kasparaits better drag Shanny to one of all of the upcoming Pearl Jam MSG shows, ( after theyre finished abroad ) ;)
    You guys know how i feel about The Boss ( or maybe yous dont ) ..
    so i cant knock him for that ,..

in that cluster id have to go : Bruce , U2, Who , ACDC, BJovi.

HOCKEY: The Rangers and Devils meet in the first of back-to-back preseason games - Tuesday in Jersey and Wednesday at the Garden. 7:30 p.m., MSG

- _/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ -
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    starting this week- Weds Nights game against the Devils !

http://newyorkrangers.com/pressbox/pressreleases.asp?id=2263

MSG NETWORK UNVEILS 2006-07 TELECAST SCHEDULE
    9/14/2006

On Thursday, MSG Network announced the official New York Rangers 2006-2007 telecast schedule. A total of seventy-five games will appear on MSG, including Opening Night on October 5th against the Washington Capitals.

Other highlights include a trip to Raleigh, North Carolina to take on the defending NHL Champions, Carolina Hurricanes, on November 15th, as well as early season matchups against local rivals Philadelphia (October 7) and New Jersey (October 16).

Sam Rosen will handle the play-by-play duties with first-year Rangers broadcaster, Joe Micheletti offering in-game analysis. MSG roving hockey analyst, Stan Fischler will also appear throughout the season on select team telecasts.

All Rangers home contests on MSG will be available in HD this year, with coverage of most games beginning with "Rangers Game Night" thirty minutes prior to the telecast. John Giannone will serve as pre-game host.

MSG’s commitment to the NHL is unprecedented, as the Networks (MSG and FSN New York) will telecast more than 300 live Rangers, Islanders, Devils and Sabres games during the 2006-2007 hockey season.

New York Rangers hockey on MSG Network is directed by Bob Lewis and produced by Joe Whelan. The executive producer is Laurie Orlando.

RANGERS 2006-07 TV SCHEDULE

PRESEASON

Sept. 20 -- vs. New Jersey Devils, 7 p.m. on MSG
    Sept. 23 -- vs. Florida in San Juan, P.R., 7:30 p.m. on MSG
    Sept. 25 -- vs. NY Islanders, 7 p.m. on MSG
    Sept. 27 -- vs. Boston, 7 p.m. on MSG

REGULAR SEASON

Oct. 5 -- vs. Washington, 7 p.m. on MSG
    Oct 7 -- at Philadelphia , 7 p.m. on MSG
    Oct. 10 -- vs. Philadelphia, 7 p.m. on Versus (formerly known as OLN)
    Oct. 12 -- vs. Pittsburgh, 7 p.m. on MSG
    Oct. 14 -- at Buffalo, 7 p.m. on MSG
    Oct. 16 -- vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m. on MSG
    Oct. 18 -- vs. Nashville, 7 p.m. on MSG
    Oct. 21 -- at Toronto, 7 p.m. on MSG (and CBC in Canada)
    Oct. 25 -- vs. Florida, 7 p.m. on MSG
    Oct. 28 -- at Phoenix, 10 p.m. on MSG
    Oct. 30 -- at Los Angeles, 10:30 p.m. on MSG

Nov. 1 -- at Anaheim, 10 p.m. on FSN NY
    Nov. 2 -- at San Jose, 10:30 p.m. on MSG
    Nov. 5 -- vs. Buffalo, 5 p.m. on MSG
    Nov. 8 -- at Florida, 7:30 p.m. on FSN NY
    Nov. 10 -- at Atlanta, 7:30 p.m. on FSN NY
    Nov. 11 -- at Washington, 7 p.m. on MSG2
    Nov. 14 -- vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m. on Versus (and TSN in Canada)
    Nov 15 -- at Carolina, 7 p.m. on MSG2
    Nov. 18 -- at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m. on MSG2
    Nov. 19 -- vs. Tampa Bay, 7 p.m. on MSG
    Nov. 21 -- vs. Carolina, 7 p.m. on Versus (and TSN in Canada)
    Nov. 25 -- at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m. on MSG2
    Nov. 26 -- vs. Buffalo, 7 p.m. on MSG
    Nov. 28 -- vs. Atlanta, 7 p.m. on MSG

Dec. 1 -- at Buffalo, 8 p.m. on MSG2 (an TSN in Canada)
    Dec. 3 -- vs. NY Islanders, 5 p.m. on MSG
    Dec. 7 -- vs. Pittsburgh, 7 p.m. on MSG
    Dec. 9 -- at Ottawa, 3 p.m. on MSG (and CBC in Canada)
    Dec. 10 -- vs. Florida, 7 p.m. on MSG
    Dec. 12 -- at Philadelphia, 7 p.m. on MSG
    Dec. 14 -- at Dallas, 8:30 p.m. on MSG
    Dec. 16 -- at Toronto, 7 p.m. on MSG2 (and CBC in Canada)
    Dec. 17 -- vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m. on MSG
    Dec. 19 -- vs. NY Islanders, 7 p.m. on MSG
    Dec. 21 -- at Florida, 7:30 p.m. on MSG
    Dec. 23 -- at Tampa Bay, 7:30 p.m. on MSG2
    Dec. 26 -- at NY Islanders, 7:30 p.m. on MSG
    Dec. 29 -- at Ottawa -- 7:30 p.m. on MSG
    Dec. 30 -- vs. Washington, 7 p.m. on MSG

Jan. 2 -- at New Jersey, 7:30 p.m. on MSG
    Jan. 4 -- vs. Philadelphia, 7 p.m. on MSG
    Jan. 6 -- at Montreal, 3 p.m. on MSG (and CBC in Canada)
    Jan. 9 -- vs. NY Islanders, 7 p.m. on MSG
    Jan. 11 -- vs. Ottawa, 7 p.m. on MSG
    Jan. 13 -- vs. Boston, 2 p.m. on NBC
    Jan. 16 -- at New Jersey, 7:30 p.m. on MSG
    Jan. 20 -- vs. Atlanta, 1 p.m. on MSG
    Jan. 27 -- at Philadelphia, 1 p.m. on MSG
    Jan. 29 -- at Boston, 7 p.m. on Versus (and TSN in Canada)
    Jan. 31 -- vs. Toronto, 7:30 on FSN NY (and TSN in Canada)

Feb. 3 -- at Tampa Bay, 7:30 p.m. on MSG2
    Feb. 5 -- vs. Detroit, 7 p.m. on Versus (and TSN in Canada)
    Feb. 6 -- at New Jersey, 7:30 p.m. on MSG2
    Feb 9 -- vs. Tampa Bay, 7 p.m. on MSG
    Feb. 10 -- at Washington, 7 p.m. on MSG
    Feb. 15 -- at Carolina, 7 p.m. on MSG
    Feb. 17 -- vs. Philadelphia, 1 p.m. on MSG
    Feb. 18 -- vs. Chicago, 3:30 p.m. on NBC
    Feb. 20 -- at New Jersey, 7:30 p.m. at MSG2
    Feb. 22 -- vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m. on MSG
    Feb. 24 -- vs. Columbus, 7 p.m. on MSG
    Feb. 27 -- vs. Montreal, 7 p.m. on MSG

March 1 -- vs. Pittsburgh, 7 p.m. on MSG (and TSN in Canada)
    March 3 -- vs. St. Louis, 1 p.m. on MSG
    March 5 -- vs. NY Islanders, 7 p.m. on Versus
    March 8 -- at NY Islanders, 7:30 p.m. on MSG
    March 10 -- at Pittsburgh, 1 p.m. on MSG
    March 11 -- vs. Carolina, 12:30 p.m. on NBC
    March 13 -- vs. Ottawa, 7 p.m. on MSG
    March 16 -- at Atlanta, 7:30 p.m. on FSN NY
    March 17 -- vs. Boston, 7 p.m. on MSG
    March 19 -- vs. Pittsburgh, 7 p.m. on Versus (and TSN in Canada)
    March 21 -- vs. Philadelphia, 7:30 p.m. on MSG (and TSN in Canada)
    March 24 -- at Boston, 1 p.m. on MSG
    March 25 -- at NY Islanders, 12:30 p.m. on NBC
    March 27 -- at Montreal, 7:30 p.m. on MSG
    March 31 -- at Philadelphia, 7 p.m. on MSG

April 1 -- vs. Toronto, 7 p.m. on MSG
    April 3 -- at NY Islanders, 7:30 p.m. on MSG
    April 5 -- vs. Montreal, 7 p.m. on MSG
    April 7 -- at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m. on FSN NY
    platessmall.jpg