Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    wasnt someone around here an " Insider " over @ espn.com?
    :confused:
    I'd love to hear what progress was going on, if any , with all of these guys contracts .
    I especially would like to hear about Gagne, Leetchie, and Carter.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnhl%2ffeatures%2frumors

nobody ? :confused:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    nobody ? :confused:

bath i gotta wait till i get to work on monday,, that account i steal can only be used at my job
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    bath i gotta wait till i get to work on monday,, that account i steal can only be used at my job

oh thats what the deal was

good looking out !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    oh thats what the deal was

good looking out !

no diggity doubt,,,,,, iam in long beach tonight so fucking nice and quiet after labor day

just remind me on monday ,,because the cannibus makes me forget !!!
  • Options
    check this out fellas

http://www.tributecity.com/band.php?rsn=2464

10-14-06 date.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    1-0 , in double OT against the Bolts .

http://newyorkrangers.com/pressbox/pressreleases.asp?id=2250

PROSPECTS EYE SHOWDOWN WITH ATLANTA TODAY
    9/9/2006

Coming off Friday night's double-overtime victory over Tampa Bay, the Rangers prospects go right back to work in the annual Traverse City Prospects Tournament this afternoon at the Detroit Red Wings' training facility in Traverse City, Mich. At 4 p.m., the Blueshirts will face Atlanta in the second game of the three-game round-robin format.

The Thrashers prospects are also 1-0 in the tournament, coming off a 4-3 win over host team Detroit on Friday. Jordan LaVallee led the way with two goals for Atlanta, and Brett Sterling notched the game-winner with an unassisted shorthanded tally at 5:47 of the third period. The winner of today's game will have the inside track on capturing the group title Monday and playing for the tournament championship on Tuesday.

Atlanta’s prospects are coached by Jeff Pyle, the head coach and director of hockey operations for the Thrashers' ECHL affiliate, the Gwinnett Gladiators. Behind Pyle, the Gladiators finished last year atop the ECHL's American Conference with a 50-15-7 record, and excelled in the playoffs, reaching the finals before falling to Alaska. Here is a look at some of the top players on Atlanta's roster:

Bryan Little -- The Thrashers' first-round selection and the 12th overall pick in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, is making his Atlanta debut in the tournament. Staring for the Barrie Colts of the OHL, the 5-foot-10, 200-pound pivot tallied 42 goals and 67 assists for 109 points and 99 penalty minutes in 64 games. On Friday, Little assisted on one of the four Thrashers goals. With Barrie, the All-Star center skated alongside Rangers prospect Jakub Petruzalek, who had two assists for the Blueshirts on Friday.

Alex Bourret -- Taken with the 16th overall pick in the first round of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft, this right is a physical and high-scoring forward who weighs in at a stocky 5-10, 210-pounds. Bourret skated for the Shawinigan Cataractes of the QMJHL last season. He tallied 44 goals and 70 assists for 114 points and 133 penalty minutes.

Boris Valibik -- The 6-foot-7, 230-pound Slovak is the leader of the Thrashers prospects' defense. Atlanta’s firs- round selection, 10th overall, in the 2004 draft skated for the Kitchener Rangers of the OHL last season and earned his first All- Star selection. He tallied one goal and nine assists for 10 points and registered 216 penalty minutes in only 52 games.

Chad Denny -- The 19-year-old offensive defenseman scored Atlanta's second goal against Detroit on Friday. He was chosen in the second round, 48th overall, of the 2005 draft. Playing on the same Lewiston MAINEiac squad as Ranger prospect Marc-Andre Cliche last season, the 6-foot-2, 220-pounder was one of the top scoring defenseman in the QMJHL. In 63 games, Denny scored 19 goals and 28 assists for 47 points and 150 penalty minutes.

David Caruso -- The recent free agent signee who hails from the Atlanta-area got the victory with 29 saves on Friday against Detroit. Caruso backstopped Ohio State in the CCHA last season, and in 34 games, he posted a 13-18-5 record with a 2.15 GAA.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/features/rumors

bath,, here is your insider report
  • Options
    What do you guys think about the Dvorak possibility? I like his speed a PK ability, but his hands are pretty weak, and his shot reminds me of Straka (not a good thing)... I would probably take him to give us some depth, but I would rather have a young kid do that job
  • Options
    bruinjam33 wrote:
    What do you guys think about the Dvorak possibility? I like his speed a PK ability, but his hands are pretty weak, and his shot reminds me of Straka (not a good thing)... I would probably take him to give us some depth, but I would rather have a young kid do that job

he did score 29 goals with us 1 year .. i like the pk ability ,but overall i think i would rather see a young kid
    the only guy i want is leetch ,,not for sentimental value but because we can use him
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/features/rumors

bath,, here is your insider report

i cant login dude - besides im not an " insider "

could you kindly cut / paste the insider stuff here- you are our connection !

thanks !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    oh and be sure to check out MSG Sportsdesk the next 3 nights- John Giannone will be filing reports from the tournyand about our prospects.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    War of words, no deal for Gagne
    Sep 7 - Flyers GM Bob Clarke is taking the Simon Gagne talks to the press and the winger and his agent are reportedly not happy about it.
    Clarke told several Philadelphia media outlets that the team offered Gagne a "$5 million a year for four years and $5 million a year for five years," two offers that the GM said were turned down.

"We haven't been unfair to Simon Gagne," Clarke was quoted as saying in the Philadelphia Inquirer. "The statistics and everything else back it up. We didn't just pull these numbers out of the air. We did it professionally."

But Gagne and his agent, Bob Sauve, were not happy with Clarke making the details of the negotiations public.

"We don't discuss numbers, but if that is what they want to do, it's their choice," Sauve told the Inquirer. "We still have some time to resolve this thing."

Sauve told the newspaper that his client preferred a three-year deal and said both sides had a mutual agreement on that point. Clarke disputed that claim.

"We have not talked three years," Clarke told the newspaper. "Would we go three? We might but not for $5 million. If we're going to go that high [in dollars], we need to get some years out of it."

Clarke added that he wasn't worried about the ongoing talks unless Gagne failed to show up for camp on Sept. 15. "If he doesn't sign by then, then we've got a problem," he told the newspaper.

Gagne, 26, is a restricted free agent.

WHO INTERESTED THE SKINNY

Brian Leetch
    Bruins Rangers? Still no official talks with Leetch
    Sep 7 - According to a report in the New York Daily News, defenseman Brian Leetch has yet to ask his agent, Jay Grossman, to engage in talks with the New York Rangers about a possible return to Broadway.
    The newspaper speculated that the reason for Leetch's hesitance is because he hasn't officially made up his mind on whether to return for another season.

Leetch, 38, has reportedly been skating and working out. He is a fan favorite in New York after he helped lead the Rangers to a Stanley Cup in 1994.

Jason Allison
    Maple Leafs Allison still without a deal
    Sep 7 - With a return to the Maple Leafs out of the picture, unrestricted free-agent center Jason Allison is still without a deal with training camps just under a week away.
    Allison's agent did say that he is in talks with teams from both conferences.

"Teams have shown some interest but we're just not there yet," agent Matthew Oates told The Toronto Star. "It's a bit of a waiting game. We're waiting for the right opportunity and we're going to be patient. We have to look for a good fit."

Allison, 31, had 17 goals and 43 assists in 66 games last season with Toronto.

Peter Bondra
    Thrashers Bondra skates with Caps, but ...
    Sep 7 - Peter Bondra skated with members of the Washington Capitals on Wednesday, but quickly defused any rumors about a possible return to the team.
    "We were waiting to hear from the Caps, and last week I got an answer. [Caps GM George McPhee] said he wasn't interested. So now I have to look at some other options," Bondra was quoted as saying in The Washington Post. "The Caps were my first option, but unfortunately that isn't going to work out."

Bondra, 38, still has a home in Annapolis. He tried to return to the Capitals last summer, but wound up signing a one-year deal with the Atlanta Thrashers. He had 21 goals and 18 assists in 60 games during the 2005-06 campaign.

"There's been some general talk with some teams," Bondra told the newspaper. "We haven't talked about any numbers. I just have to take my time right now and don't be rushed. The season starts October 6. Even if I miss camp, I can maintain myself in a good shape."

Bondra did not say which teams he was in contact with.

Thursday, August 24

Anson Carter
    Canucks Penguins?
    Red Wings?
    Coyotes? Where will Carter land?
    Aug 24 - Unrestricted free-agent forward Anson Carter is still without a team, and his agent said Wednesday that they are still trying to find the best deal possible.
    According to a report from The Canadian Press, Phoenix, Detroit and Pittsburgh are the three clubs still showing some interest in Carter, but it's unclear whether any of those teams can pay his reported $2.5 million-a-year asking price.

"Anson deserves the right deal in the best possible environment based on last year's performance alone," Carter's agent Pat Brisson told The CP. "We are currently looking at these options."

Last season, Carter (33 goals) was paired with the Sedin twins in Vancouver and the line turned out to be the best one for the Canucks.

Monday, August 21

Rick DiPietro
    Islanders Islanders? DiPietro talks have yet to start
    Aug 21 - The New York Post reported over the weekend that the Islanders have yet to begin contract talks with goaltender Rick DiPietro.
    According to sources, The Post reported that the reason for the inactivity is because of a mandate put down by Islanders owner Charles Wang that GM Garth Snow cannot talk with DiPietro's reps until Wang returns from his summer vacation at the end of the month.

The Post added that former GM Neil Smith was also not allowed to start talks without Wang.

According to the report, if Wang returns at the beginning of September, it will only give both sides two weeks to work out a deal with the Group II free agent. Why? Wang has a strict policy that the team will not sign any of its own free agents if there is no deal in place by the start of training camp.

DiPietro, 24, made $2.5 million last season and is two years removed from becoming an unrestricted free agent.

ProSports - Hockey Jersey
    Professional team sports clothing, accessories, memorabilia, fashions. (http://www.prosport.ca)

Jerseys for Your Team or League
    Minimum order 10 jerseys, three to four weeks delivery. No fan merchandise, players only.
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    War of words, no deal for Gagne
    Sep 7 - Flyers GM Bob Clarke is taking the Simon Gagne talks to the press and the winger and his agent are reportedly not happy about it.
    Clarke told several Philadelphia media outlets that the team offered Gagne a "$5 million a year for four years and $5 million a year for five years," two offers that the GM said were turned down.

"We haven't been unfair to Simon Gagne," Clarke was quoted as saying in the Philadelphia Inquirer. "The statistics and everything else back it up. We didn't just pull these numbers out of the air. We did it professionally."

But Gagne and his agent, Bob Sauve, were not happy with Clarke making the details of the negotiations public.

"We don't discuss numbers, but if that is what they want to do, it's their choice," Sauve told the Inquirer. "We still have some time to resolve this thing."

Sauve told the newspaper that his client preferred a three-year deal and said both sides had a mutual agreement on that point. Clarke disputed that claim.

"We have not talked three years," Clarke told the newspaper. "Would we go three? We might but not for $5 million. If we're going to go that high [in dollars], we need to get some years out of it."

Clarke added that he wasn't worried about the ongoing talks unless Gagne failed to show up for camp on Sept. 15. "If he doesn't sign by then, then we've got a problem," he told the newspaper.

Gagne, 26, is a restricted free agent.

Brian Leetch
    Bruins Rangers? Still no official talks with Leetch
    Sep 7 - According to a report in the New York Daily News, defenseman Brian Leetch has yet to ask his agent, Jay Grossman, to engage in talks with the New York Rangers about a possible return to Broadway.
    The newspaper speculated that the reason for Leetch's hesitance is because he hasn't officially made up his mind on whether to return for another season.

Leetch, 38, has reportedly been skating and working out. He is a fan favorite in New York after he helped lead the Rangers to a Stanley Cup in 1994.

Jason Allison
    Maple Leafs Allison still without a deal
    Sep 7 - With a return to the Maple Leafs out of the picture, unrestricted free-agent center Jason Allison is still without a deal with training camps just under a week away.
    Allison's agent did say that he is in talks with teams from both conferences.

"Teams have shown some interest but we're just not there yet," agent Matthew Oates told The Toronto Star. "It's a bit of a waiting game. We're waiting for the right opportunity and we're going to be patient. We have to look for a good fit."

Allison, 31, had 17 goals and 43 assists in 66 games last season with Toronto.

Peter Bondra
    Thrashers Bondra skates with Caps, but ...
    Sep 7 - Peter Bondra skated with members of the Washington Capitals on Wednesday, but quickly defused any rumors about a possible return to the team.
    "We were waiting to hear from the Caps, and last week I got an answer. [Caps GM George McPhee] said he wasn't interested. So now I have to look at some other options," Bondra was quoted as saying in The Washington Post. "The Caps were my first option, but unfortunately that isn't going to work out."

Bondra, 38, still has a home in Annapolis. He tried to return to the Capitals last summer, but wound up signing a one-year deal with the Atlanta Thrashers. He had 21 goals and 18 assists in 60 games during the 2005-06 campaign.

"There's been some general talk with some teams," Bondra told the newspaper. "We haven't talked about any numbers. I just have to take my time right now and don't be rushed. The season starts October 6. Even if I miss camp, I can maintain myself in a good shape."

Bondra did not say which teams he was in contact with.

Thursday, August 24

Anson Carter
    Canucks Penguins?
    Red Wings?
    Coyotes? Where will Carter land?
    Aug 24 - Unrestricted free-agent forward Anson Carter is still without a team, and his agent said Wednesday that they are still trying to find the best deal possible.
    According to a report from The Canadian Press, Phoenix, Detroit and Pittsburgh are the three clubs still showing some interest in Carter, but it's unclear whether any of those teams can pay his reported $2.5 million-a-year asking price.

"Anson deserves the right deal in the best possible environment based on last year's performance alone," Carter's agent Pat Brisson told The CP. "We are currently looking at these options."

Last season, Carter (33 goals) was paired with the Sedin twins in Vancouver and the line turned out to be the best one for the Canucks.

Monday, August 21

Rick DiPietro
    Islanders Islanders? DiPietro talks have yet to start
    Aug 21 - The New York Post reported over the weekend that the Islanders have yet to begin contract talks with goaltender Rick DiPietro.
    According to sources, The Post reported that the reason for the inactivity is because of a mandate put down by Islanders owner Charles Wang that GM Garth Snow cannot talk with DiPietro's reps until Wang returns from his summer vacation at the end of the month.

The Post added that former GM Neil Smith was also not allowed to start talks without Wang.

According to the report, if Wang returns at the beginning of September, it will only give both sides two weeks to work out a deal with the Group II free agent. Why? Wang has a strict policy that the team will not sign any of its own free agents if there is no deal in place by the start of training camp.

DiPietro, 24, made $2.5 million last season and is two years removed from becoming an unrestricted free agent.

ProSports - Hockey Jersey
    Professional team sports clothing, accessories, memorabilia, fashions. (http://www.prosport.ca)

Jerseys for Your Team or League
    Minimum order 10 jerseys, three to four weeks delivery. No fan merchandise, players only.

thanks bro !

it would be a good thing to bring back leetchie,
    but he hasnt signaled Grossm,an to make a phonecall, so theres not much else we can do, but hope .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    I LOVE THE FACT THAT GANGE AND THE FLYERS ARE HAVING PROBlems

ILL TAKE HIM IN A HOT MINUTE
  • Options
    http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/renney_expected_to_put_c_on_jagr_rangers_mark_everson.htm

RENNEY EXPECTED TO PUT
    'C' ON JAGR

By MARK EVERSON

September 7, 2006 -- He admits he wished he had one last season. Now Rangers coach Tom Renney said he wants to select a successor to Mark Messier as Ranger captain , and is expected to ask Jaromir Jagr first.
    "I'll have a chat with the fella I think could [be captain]. At the very least, we'll have a good leadership group again. If I have to go with three again, I will. If I can name a captain, I will," Renney said yesterday at the Rangers' training facility in Westchester.

Renney mentioned Jagr, Brendan Shanahan and Darius Kasparaitis as candidates. It is believed, however, that Renney is leaning toward Jagr.

Jagr, voted the NHL's Outstanding Player by his brethren last season, passed on the chance to be captain last year, but has indicated he'd accept the honor this year.

Jagr is recovering from left shoulder surgery he had this summer. The injury helped sink the Rangers in their first playoff appearance since 1997, a first-round sweep by the Devils.

"Jags is doing fine," Renney said. "He's skating every day. He has a full range of motion and can handle the puck."

Renney also said Jed Ortmeyer, who was diagnosed with an embolism last month, will not be ready to rejoin the lineup until probably after Christmas.

mark.everson@nypost.com
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.nhl.com/features/spotlight/blues091106.html

Davidson happy to have the Blues
    By John McGourty | NHL.com
    Sept. 11, 2006

St. Louis Blues President John Davidson didn't get the usual orientation session on his first day of the job. There wasn't time.

Davidson's day for "reporting for duty" was July 1, the opening day of free agency for the 2006-07 season. His bosses, headed by Chairman Dave Checketts, had recently purchased the Blues and wisely retained General Manager Larry Pleau, coach Mike Kitchen and much of the administration. Pleau had built the Blues into one of the NHL's better teams before being asked by the previous ownership to pare payroll for a team sale.

Davidson and Pleau have known each other for a long time and seamlessly teamed to direct the free-agent bidding process.

"Larry Pleau has been just an absolute dream for me to work with," said Davidson, a former NHL goalie who has been one of the game's premier broadcasters for more than a decade. "Everything I ask him, he teaches me. Everything I need to know, he helps me with. He gives me a heads-up on things. Yeah, I'm learning on the job here, no question about it. But I've enjoyed every second of it, and I think we have the right people here to allow me to have the natural progression with it."

Related Links:

John Davidson's profile
    Larry Pleau's profile
    Blues official site
    Buy Blues merchandise
    In the Spotlight archive

New management fine-tuned Pleau's plan and quickly went into action.

Free-agent defenseman Jay McKee was lured from the Buffalo Sabres and captain Dallas Drake was re-signed on July 1. Former Blues center Doug Weight, a free agent after winning the Stanley Cup with the Carolina Hurricanes, was signed the next day and the following day saw Stanley Cup winner Dan Hinote, a free-agent left winger, signed from the Colorado Avalanche and right winger Bill Guerin signed from the Dallas Stars. On July 4, Petr Cajanek, the Blues' top center after Weight was traded to Carolina in January, re-signed with the Blues.

The Blues spent the remainder of the month watching Blues' free agents, deemed expendable, sign with other clubs. Then, on Aug. 2, former Blues' left winger Martin Rucinsky, a free agent, was enticed to return.

Then came the Aug. 8 signing of free-agent goalie Manny Legace, formerly of the Blues' division rival, the Detroit Red Wings. It could be argued, and it will be, that during this off-season, the Blues signed the best available free-agent goalie, defenseman, center and right wing and added a left wing with considerable playmaking ability.

"We've improved ourselves tremendously in all areas of our team," Pleau said. "The depth and the ability not to use the young kids, overuse them like we had last year, was so important for us not to rush the kids. We're a better hockey team in every area."

"Everybody feels that last year was just a dreadful year for whatever the reason was," Davidson said. "It's gone; it's over; it's done. And now, it's time go forward. ... We feel we significantly improved the team from what it was at the end of June. But at the same time, the people we have here really do have to prove something if they want to continue with their careers, and that's the way we are all looking at it. I think that's going to bond our team pretty well."

Davidson noted that only McKee and Hinote, both in their 20s, were given long-term contracts. He said Legace and Guerin, both determined to re-establish their reputations, are working on one-year deals and that Keith Tkachuk is in the final year of his contract. They're playing this year for a chance not only to win the Stanley Cup but to maintain or enhance earnings opportunities unavailable to them elsewhere in society. That's the long way of saying they're really motivated.

But the Blues weren't just looking for hungry, homeless hockey players holding tin cups. There were other criteria. Legace was told before he signed that there would be competition for the starting goaltender job with last year's best Blues' goalie, Curtis Sanford, and with minor-league prospect Jason Bacashihua, a former first-round pick of the Stars.

"The Blues' problem (last year was that) the puck didn't stay out of the net and that was a problem for them early in the season," Davidson said. "... So, we've got depth. We feel that the competition level is going to be very good in camp, and, you know, if somebody plays well, they are going to play. And if not, somebody else will have a shot at playing, so it's a good situation for us."

Blues General Manager Larry Pleau, above, and John Davidson seamlessly teamed to direct the free-agent bidding process.
    Davidson added to the competition by noting that Marek Schwartz, the Blues' first-round pick in 2004, is progressing nicely in the Czech Elite League. Pleau said that Konstantin Barulin, a third-round pick in 2003, has the ability to play in the NHL. Then there's the local boy, Chaminade Prep grad Ben Bishop, a third-round pick in 2005, starring at the University of Maine.

"The spot and the opportunity is there for somebody to jump up and be that No. 1 guy," Pleau said. "So the competition has got to be key for us. And when you look at Legace, in his career, what he wanted is the opportunity to show everybody in this league that he's No. 1, and one thing we could offer is the opportunity for that."

Pleau and Davidson spoke shortly after a ceremony to rename the rink the Scotttrade Center, sponsored by the branch-supported, St. Louis-based online trading firm. With new players, new management and a new name for the rink, it's a new era for St. Louis hockey.

"We are accepting the responsibility to get this team back where it was and get the tradition that it has and it will be back," Pleau said."

"It's tough for the fans to forget about the past because they are the ones that invested," said Davidson, who tended net in St. Louis from 1973-75. "We're in the middle of changing that. We're going to be a hard-working, very honest hockey club and we're going to build this thing for the long term, no question about it."
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    prospects score 2 in final minute and win in ot
    The Rangers team at the Traverse City Prospects Tournament silenced the hometown fans Monday night by storming back with two late third period-goals and beating the host Detroit Red Wings 6-5 in an overtime thriller.

Brandon Dubinsky notched the winner for the Blueshirts at 2:59 of the extra period, sending them into the eight-team tournament's third-place game against Dallas on Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. The Rangers went 2-1 in round-robin play, but finished second in the Eastern group behind Atlanta, which defeated Tampa Bay on Monday to improve to 3-0.

The capacity crowd at the Centre ICE Arena in Traverse City, Mich., was there to support of the Red Wings, but that didn't seem to faze the Rangers prospects, who carried play at the beginning and end of the game and forced Detroit into several early penalties that set the tone for a night filled with power plays.

Just four minutes into the opening period, the Rangers took a 1-0 lead on a man-advantage goal by Tomas Zaborsky, assisted by Dane Byers and defenseman Marc Staal.

The Blueshirts the stretched their lead to 3-0 with seven minutes left in the period, thanks to two more power-play goals. The first came on a two-man advantage from Ryan Russell, off assists from Marc-Andre Cliche and Corey Potter at the 10:23 mark. Just 2:20 later, Potter scored on another 5-on-3, connecting from the point on assists from Ryan Constant and Dubinsky.

But the Wings came back against Rangers starting goaltender John Murray, who is playing for New York on a tryout basis at this tournament. Late in the first period, Detroit rallied for three straight goals by Ryan Keller, Justin Donati and Tyler Donati, sending the crowd into a frenzy by tying up the game at the first intermission.

At 6:46 of the second period, Detroit took a 4-3 lead on Cory Emmerton's shorthanded goal, and the Wings then went up by two when Bretton Stamler on the second of two back-to-back 5-on-3 opportunities at 11:59. Through 40 minutes, the Wings held a 5-3 lead.

The third period and beyond belonged to the Rangers, although both teams took several penalties and Murray and Detroit's Stefan Liv battled save-for-save through the period's first 19 minutes.

Still trailing by two goals with just over a minute remaining in regulation, the Rangers pulled Murray for the extra attacker -- a move that sparked to two goals in the final 60 seconds.

Zaborsky, a Slovakia native selected last June at the draft in Vancouver, netted his second goal of the game to cut the lead to 5-4 with just 49 seconds remaining. Bobby Sanguinetti, the Rangers' first round pick in 2006, and 2005 third-rounder Brodie Dupont picked up the assists -- setting the stage for the drama that followed when Sanguinetti delivered the tying goal on a pass from Dubinsky at 19:39.

The teams were scoreless in the first half of overtime, played at 4-on-4. In the second portion, with the teams skating 3-on-3, Dubinsky took charge in the offensive zone and delivered the winner – his third point of the game.

The Rangers outshot the Wings 38-33 and were 3-for-10 on the power-play, compared to Detroit's 1-for-6 success rate.

Today's 5:30 p.m. game against Dallas will be for the tournament's "bronze medal". Atlanta and Columbus will play for the championship at 6 p.m. Both of those teams went 3-0 in the round-robin portion.
    Enter a keyword to search the news archive
    (e.g. Renney)

General news index >>

Sign-up for Blueshirt Extra
    and receive the latest ticket offers, team news and much more!
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    I LOVE THE FACT THAT GANGE AND THE FLYERS ARE HAVING PROBlems

ILL TAKE HIM IN A HOT MINUTE

o well he signed for 5 years w/ the flyers
  • Options
    dipiertro 15 years 68 mil..... !!!!!!!!!!! lol holy shit ,,what a fucking joke
  • Options
    hooray for the prospects- good showing !

so Gagne was signed- they would have been stupid to let him get away- specially to another east conference team.

That DiPietro is a conundrum- being the first signing of the new GM since he put down his pads.

something tells me mike milbury wasnt far off when this thing went down.

cant wait for a hockey game- even if it is preseason.

wheres moster been ? :confused:

thanks for all the insider info, NYPJ1 .

[size=+3] -_/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    hooray for the prospects- good showing !

so Gagne was signed- they would have been stupid to let him get away- specially to another east conference team.

That DiPietro is a conundrum- being the first signing of the new GM since he put down his pads.

something tells me mike milbury wasnt far off when this thing went down.

cant wait for a hockey game- even if it is preseason.

wheres moster been ? :confused:

thanks for all the insider info, NYPJ1 .

[size=+3] -_/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]

your welcome my friend

moster is M I A ???

THAT contract might be the most ridiculous thing ever
  • Options
    http://www.msgnetwork.com/content_news.jsp?articleID=v0000msgn20060911T201143176&newsgroup=ap.sportsml.columnist.article&sports=ice-hockey&team=Rangers&league=nhl

When Emile Francis ran the Rangers, his players were holed up in a Long Beach, Long Island compound. Living in Manhattan was discouraged. But ever since Brian Leetch found a Broadway apartment on the Upper West Side, the trend has changed. Jaromir Jagr and his Czech pals are Upper West Siders and now Brendan Shanahan is finding digs nearby.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    http://www.msgnetwork.com/content_news.jsp?articleID=v0000msgn20060911T201143176&newsgroup=ap.sportsml.columnist.article&sports=ice-hockey&team=Rangers&league=nhl

When Emile Francis ran the Rangers, his players were holed up in a Long Beach, Long Island compound. Living in Manhattan was discouraged. But ever since Brian Leetch found a Broadway apartment on the Upper West Side, the trend has changed. Jaromir Jagr and his Czech pals are Upper West Siders and now Brendan Shanahan is finding digs nearby.

i was a baby when they used to pratice in the long beach rink
    i wish i had better memories
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i was a baby when they used to pratice in the long beach rink
    i wish i had better memories

i used to work in a doctors orthopedic office in long beach- right across the street from long beach hospital.

pete stemkowski came in for x-rays once , gave me his autograph.
    nice guy ! bad knees / back !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Still here fellas. More lurking than actually contributing lately. But still here. Looking forward to the start of the season. My brothers girlfriend arranged a get together at a game in October against the Pens with like 20 people for his 30th birthday, complete with message on the Garden Vision!
  • Options
    moster78 wrote:
    Still here fellas. More lurking than actually contributing lately. But still here. Looking forward to the start of the season. My brothers girlfriend arranged a get together at a game in October against the Pens with like 20 people for his 30th birthday, complete with message on the Garden Vision!

sweet !

or is that suite ! ( 20 peeps )

happy b-day to the bro

and Lets Go Rangers- good to see you around and hear from you !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.msgnetwork.com/content_news.jsp?articleID=v0000msgn20060912T151541691&newsgroup=ap.sportsml.columnist.article/Rangers&sports=ice-hockey&team=Rangers&league=nhl

Rangers fans can't wait until the 2006-07 campaign gets underway

Sep 12, 2006

By MSGNetwork.com
    Courtesy of New York Rangers

With the start of New York Rangers hockey less than a month away, a growing number of rabid fans has embraced the 2006-2007 season with renewed enthusiasm and allegiance.

Following a resurgent 2005-2006 season that energized and excited a growing number of Rangers faithful, the team heads into opening night on October 5, 2006 with a number of strong statistics, including a season ticket renewal rate of more than 95 percent, the highest in seven seasons, a season ticket waiting list of more than 3,000 people, the first such waiting list in eight seasons, and a virtual sell-out of all individual game tickets, with just a 10th of the number of tickets available for the coming season when compared to the same time last year.

"Last season, our team played with the work ethic, commitment and pride that our fans were hungry for – and they forged a very special connection that was reciprocal and infectious," said Jeanie Baumgartner, VP, Marketing, New York Rangers.

"We are thrilled that a growing number of fans has responded to the team’s strong showing and decided to become a part of the Rangers family at such an exciting time. The organization is committed to ensuring that an allegiance to Rangers hockey is consistently and richly rewarded, both on and off the ice."

The Rangers fanbase includes tremendous longevity, as well as an influx of new fans based on the new look team and its success last season. A full 30 percent of Rangers season subscribers have a tenure of more than 30 years, with 14 accounts remaining with the organization for more than 50 years. At the same time, the team has added 4,000 new full season ticket subscribers over the last two seasons.

"We are extremely fortunate to have the support of long-time Rangers fans, who truly integrate the team into their families from generation to generation," added Baumgartner.

"We are also experiencing a tremendous resurgence and expansion of interest in the team which we are looking to build on this season, with increased exposure to the team, our brand and strong partner relationships all designed to show New York sports fans why hockey in general and the Rangers in particular are unlike anything else in the marketplace and so deserving of their attention."

An extremely limited number of individual tickets will go on sale beginning Saturday, September 16 beginning at 12:00 noon via newyorkrangers.com, Ticketmaster charge-by-phone 212-307-7171, 201-507-8900, 631-888-9000, 845-454-3388, 609-520-8383 or Ticketmaster outlets. Tickets are available for select games only and are limited to four tickets per game.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.nhl.com/features/insider/shanahan091206.html

:eek:
    Shanahan: Play me
    where you need me
    By John McGourty | NHL.com
    Sept. 12, 2006

Left wing? Right wing? Preferred center or linemates?

None of that matters to prolific goal scorer Brendan Shanahan, this summer's marquee free-agent signing by the New York Rangers. He just wants to help the Rangers win a Stanley Cup. He won three with the Detroit Red Wings, but his appetite isn't satiated.

Shanahan, a right-handed shot, played mostly left wing, the off wing, in Detroit for coaches Scotty Bowman and Dave Lewis, but he was switched to the right side midway through last season by first-year Detroit coach Mike Babcock. Shanahan has had several conversations with Rangers coach Tom Renney about where he will play.

"We talked a little bit about it," Shanahan said. "Basically, where it stands now, is wherever the team has the most success with me playing, that's where I'm going to play. I have played almost my whole career on the left side. I played probably the last 60 games of last season on the right side and really enjoyed that.
    Related Links:

* Brendan Shanahan player page
    * Rangers official site
    * Buy Rangers merchandise
    * NHL Insider Archive

"I basically told Tom that whether I'm the left wing or right wing, I don't care, it's just a matter of whatever's working at the time, whatever's working best for the team."

Shanahan, 37, has been doing what's best for the team for 18 seasons and in 17 of them he scored 20 or more goals, one of only nine players in NHL history to do that. He has twice surpassed 50 goals and exceeded 40 goals six times. He has 12 seasons of 30 or more goals.

The Mimico, Ontario, native is the NHL's leading active goal scorer with 598. He ranks 15th all-time in goals scored. Shanahan ranks 31st in NHL history with 1,350 games played; tied for 58th all time with Neal Broten with 634 assists and tied for 33rd with Phil Housley with 1,232 points. This season, he should become the 15th player in NHL history to reach 600 goals.

His 40 goals last season ranked 10th in the NHL. He tied for 62nd with 41 assists and ranked 24th with 81 points. He was Detroit's third-leading scorer. He didn't do it from an old guy's rocking chair, either. Shanahan had 105 penalty minutes, giving him 2,378 for his career, and finished plus-29. He's plus-153 for his career.

For those reasons and more, teammates like to play with Shanahan, who isn't afraid at 6-foot-3 and 218 pounds to stand up for his teammates. He's a great goal scorer, but his passing skills have led to another 634 goals. He's funny, hilarious at times, but also a deep student of the game. He was a leader in developing the new rules and new standard of enforcement that made NHL hockey so entertaining last season.

Shanahan said players at a recent meeting of the NHL Competition Committee felt no more changes were needed for this season. He said he also expects penalties to decline while the referees continue to maintain the same tough standards to ensure a free-flowing game.

"I don't think we felt any major changes needed to occur," Shanahan said. "Obviously, there are a few changes that will go to a vote pretty soon with the Board of Governors. But I think the general feeling was that with better communication from the refs and the players, the games will get better and faster, there will be less need to call penalties without taking away from the standard. I think players and refs will just, you know, communicate better and get better at it. So the standard won't change even though there may be less penalties."

Shanahan has played for the New Jersey Devils, St. Louis Blues, Hartford Whalers and Red Wings in his career. He enjoyed great success in Detroit over nine seasons, but when the team was eliminated in the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs by the Edmonton Oilers, he felt like his time there was done. He didn't get booted, but he didn't wait for the door to hit him in the butt either.

"Right after the Game 6, we went back and had a meal at the hotel," Shanahan recalled. "Steve Yzerman and I talked for quite a while. I think when you just finished losing, it's so fresh, you know to go home and not make decisions, let some time get in between there.

"I think we both agreed that we both had a sense that, for different reasons, possibly that was our last game as Red Wings. I wouldn't say the decision was made that night, but I certainly felt like the instinct for each of us was beginning at that moment."
    Brendan Shanahan
    Brendan Shanahan played a major role in three Stanley Cup Championships in Detroit.

The loss to the Oilers proved to be another in a string of recent disappointments for the Red Wings, who were the best team in the regular season. Fans in "Hockeytown" are upset, but Shanahan pointed to a little-mentioned fact.

"We could go on and on for a long time about that, why we didn't beat the Oilers," he said. "It's funny, the last three years we were eliminated in Detroit, the team that beat us (Edmonton, Calgary and Anaheim) lost in the seventh game of the Stanley Cup Final in each of those seasons. I don't know if we're giving teams confidence or sending them on their way or if we're just running into hot teams at the wrong time.

"Obviously a big save, a big goal at the right time, that wins you playoffs series. They did those things and we didn't."

Shanahan said he chose between New York, Montreal and Detroit. The Red Wings need to rebuild by giving their young players a chance, he said, while the Rangers have a nucleus in place that could be greatly helped by a reliable goal scorer. The Rangers tied for 11th in the NHL with 257 goals, but scored only six times in their last six games last year, stumbling to a 4-6 finish and missing the Atlantic Division title by one victory.

"I went into Montreal and had a chance to visit with them," Shanahan said. "Had a great meeting with (Executive Vice President and GM) Bob Gainey, the president of the club, the coach of the team, even the owner of the team. I think aside from a lot of the on-ice reasons why I chose to come to New York, this was also off-ice issues for my family. It's probably a little bit of an easier cultural move and closer to the grandparents. My kids are getting to that age now. It's a little bit easier for my wife's parents to take the drive from Boston.

"I felt on the ice it was a great fit here. I had a couple of great meetings with Tom Renney and Glen Sather. But, I mean, when you're talking about those three teams, Detroit, Montreal and New York, three of the Original Six, the on-ice aspect is certainly great, but when you're a dad and a husband, you have to look into the family aspect as well. I thought that New York was a good fit for that."

Shanahan has been around too long and is too smart to get drawn into a reporter's comparison between his old friend Yzerman and new teammate, Jaromir Jagr.

"I haven't had a chance to get to know Jaromir yet," he said. "All I can say is that I'm excited about meeting him and playing on a team with him."

Hee-hee-hee. Don't know each other? When Jagr won his first Stanley Cup with the 1991 Pittsburgh Penguins, their first hurdle was getting by Shanahan's Devils in the first round. Shanahan had three goals and five assists in the seven games. Jagr's overtime goal won Game 2. If not for that score, the Devils would have won the opening series in five games.

Someone introduce them, it's been awhile.
    platessmall.jpg