Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    Anyone here ever check out the Ranger Fan Central website? Definitely worth taking a look at if you haven't already.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    bruinjam33 wrote:
    Damn, never realized there were so many blueshirt faithful out here... We re-signed Hossa!!! Aren't you excited? haha... Haven't really read many posts yet, but what do you guys think about Sykora? Should we re-sign? He may take the spot of a young guy like Dawes or Immonen or push a guy like Prucha to the 3rd line. I really think Cullen needs to move to the 3rd line though. The D is looking decent, although I still would've loved to see Leetch back in blue... wishful thinking

hello & welcome - whatever part of the earth you are from !
    the blueshirt loyalists cross all boundries and continents.

anyhow, more specualtion on the Leetch situation and the pros and cons for it , courtesy of Larry Brooks.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/leetch__rangers_need_each_other_rangers_larry_brooks.htm

LEETCH,
    RANGERS NEED EACH OTHER

IT MAKES 2 MUCH SENSE:

A Brian Leetch revival on Broadway would be good for him and the Rangers, but doesn't appear to be in the works.

August 6, 2006 -- BRIAN Leetch isn't pounding the pave ment of the NHL carrying a sandwich board over his shoulders with the message, "Will Quarterback Power Play for Food." It isn't anything like that.
    The truth of the matter is that Leetch, who for the last four weeks surely has been the premier free agent on the market, has chosen to remain uncommitted this summer even as he's received inquiries from a significant number of teams around the league.

But now Leetch, who in a remarkable coincidence made his NHL debut on the same Feb. 29, 1988 day the Rangers' 2006 first-round draft pick Bobby Sanguinetti, who grew up in New Jersey idolizing No. 2, was born, is about ready to get serious abut choosing a team for whom to play.

At 38, Leetch neither is the horse he's been throughout his decorated career, nor does he envision himself as one. Boston's mistake last year was thinking that he could begin the season playing 27-30 quality minutes a game without consequence. Rather, Leetch can be the unique missing piece of a contender's puzzle whose addition can complete the deal.

He is now the ultimate complementary defenseman, more valuable as a second-pair, 19-to-21-minute athlete who doesn't have to do the heavy lifting every night, and who, by the way, still runs a power play with the best of them even if his shot hasn't quite been the same since that 1997 playoff wrist injury.

Leetch was hurt twice last season, a knee and a groin, a year after which he - like the NHL - didn't play at all. Any number of North Americans who didn't compete in 2004-05 suffered by comparison last season, young and old alike, from Bill Guerin to Andrew Raycroft; from Martin Brodeur to Leetch. He was misused by since-dismissed Boston coach Mike Sullivan, under whom chaos had a corner stall in the club's room.

The first half of Leetch's career, during which he relied on brilliant skill and intuition, included two Norris Trophies. It's tempting to wonder how much better Leetch might have been over the last half of his career had he been in a stable situation, or had he been able to benefit from the same kind of coaching that, say, Scott Stevens experienced after he came to New Jersey.

Imagine Leetch being taught the subtleties by Jacques Lemaire, Larry Robinson and Pat Burns, instead of playing for a succession of coaches who, by any other designation, were interim occupants of the office on Broadway.

Which is to say that Leetch's decision- making process over these next weeks will be signifi cantly in fluenced by the coach for whom he'll play, the role he'll be asked to fill, and by the sta bility of the organization he'll choose to join. It won't be about cap space.

Dave Lewis is not only as good a coach as the Bruins have had in years - since Burns late last decade - he'd be as good a coach for Leetch as he's ever had. Yes, Boston has seven defensemen under contract, but they're not going to keep David Tanabe, and their remaining six, in addition to 30-minute man Zdeno Chara, will include Andrew Alberts and Milan Jurcina.

There are other teams; an assortment of teams that could attract Leetch as he ponders his future. But now, with training camp six weeks away, perhaps it is the past that beckons.

The best thing the Rangers have done this summer is avoid a major mistake that will come back to bite them in the cap. But it's difficult to see where the team has addressed the deficiencies that became apparent in the final weeks of last year's wonderful revival play.

True, neither Brendan Shanahan nor Matt Cullen is likely to ever try and pass the puck into the net, but the Rangers don't seem to have become significantly tougher to play against, they don't appear to have added a first-pass defenseman who can take advantage of the removal of the center line, and they don't look as if they have a point-man to quarterback the power play, even if Cullen can shoot it from the point.

Leetch won't come back for sentiment's sake. That's not what he's about and that's not what his final season(s) will be about, either. The Rangers are way beyond that, as well.

But the Blueshirts have a need on the blue line - no one can be sure about Karel Rachunek, and Marek Malik has value on the trade market if creating a spot becomes necessary - that Leetch can fill. Wouldn't it be nice if Peoples' MVP Jaromir Jagr were actually sprung now and again?

At the same time, the Rangers have what Leetch needs, too - a stable organization with a fine coach and a goaltender who gives the team a chance to win every night.

In much the same situation, Roger Clemens chose to go home again. The Rangers should give very serious thought to giving Leetch the same opportunity.

larry.brooks@nypost.com
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    To be honest Karel Rachunek does make the team tougher to play against. He is a solid defensemen that plays with a chip on his shoulder, make Darius Kasparaitis a tad bigger. He should be a good #5 D man. But I want Leetch and I would love to see the first two lines look like this.

Shanahan-Nylander-Jagr
    Straka-Cullen-Prucha
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • Options
    I disagree... I think you split up Jagr and Shanny to create matchup problem... put Prucha with Jagr and have Straka work w/ Shanny... Straka has the speed and can do some of the dirty work... plus his shot sucks so he should think pass first anyway
  • Options
    I don't know, I like the idea of them on the same line to draw some attention away from Jagr and open the ice up for him. Plus get Straka away from Center, I like him better as a winger.
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    i love the hockey talk

i read that article bath

the more i think about it... a one year deal would be coo l
    we def. need him for the power play
    i was against it at first,,but iam digging the idea more and more
  • Options
    Brian Leetchs wifes family owns O'Niels Pub in NYC ( or maybe its in Queens )

Perhaps this would be a good spot for a PJ/ NYR getogether.

I think theres a restaraunt in there , too.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    funny, i thought they parted ways

http://newyorkrangers.com/pressbox/pressreleases.asp?id=2234

RANGERS AGREE TO TERMS WITH MARCEL HOSSA
    8/7/2006

New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has agreed to terms with restricted free agent forward Marcel Hossa.

Hossa, 24, appeared in 64 games with the Rangers last season, recording 10 goals and six assists for 16 points, along with 28 penalty minutes. His 64 games, 10 goals, 16 points and 28 penalty minutes were all career-highs. Hossa also represented his native Slovakia at the 2006 Winter Olympics in Torino, Italy and the 2006 World Championships in Riga, Latvia. In seven games at the World Championships, he picked up one goal and three assists, along with a plus-three rating.

In 2004-05, Hossa skated in 48 games with Mora IK of the Swedish Elite League, registering 18 goals and six assists for 24 points, along with 69 penalty minutes. While with Mora IK, he tied for second in goals (18) with his brother, Marian.

The 6-3, 220-pound forward has skated in 123 career NHL contests with the Rangers and Montreal Canadiens, registering 20 goals and 15 assists for 35 points, along with 52 penalty minutes. In 2003-04, he skated in 15 games with the Canadiens, collecting two points (one goal, one assist), along with eight penalty minutes.

Hossa also skated in 57 games with the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League (AHL) in 2003-04, where he registered 18 goals and 22 assists for 40 points. As a second-year forward for Montreal in 2002-03, he established career-highs in assists (seven) and played in the 2003 YoungStars Game at All-Star Weekend in Florida, recording two assists.

Aside from his experience in the 2006 Winter Olympics and 2006 World Championships, Hossa has skated for his native Slovakia in several tournaments, including the 1999 (U-18), 2000 and 2001 World Junior Championships and, more recently, in the 2005 World Championships in Austria.

Prior to joining the professional ranks, Hossa appeared in 188 games with the Portland Winter Hawks of the Western Hockey League (WHL), registering 65 goals and 99 assists for 164 points, along with 182 penalty minutes. He led the Winter Hawks in scoring in 2000-01, collecting 34 goals and 56 assists for 90 points and was named to the WHL West Second All-Star Team at the conclusion of the season.

The native of Ilava, Slovakia was originally drafted by Montreal in the first round, 16th overall, of the 2000 NHL Entry Draft. On September 30, 2005, Hossa was acquired by the Rangers from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for left wing Garth Murray.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    rangers suck LETS GO ISLANDERS

hehe
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    rangers suck LETS GO ISLANDERS

hehe

yeah but you guys, weather you like to admit it or not, are still being led by mad mike milbury.

best of luck

;)
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    yeah but you guys, weather you like to admit it or not, are still being led by mad mike milbury.

best of luck

;)
    of course we are.ya never know stranger things have happend on the island. i cant wait for the drive for #5.

• Options
    two words: neil smith

hahahahahahaha

he didn't even make it to training camp... what a great organization
  • Options
    bruinjam33 wrote:
    two words: neil smith

hahahahahahaha

he didn't even make it to training camp... what a great organization

bruin we forgot to mention metsfan is the one non-ranger fan we let post in here,,because his islander humor is very funny ,,also deep down inside he knows his team sucks

LET'S GO RANGER'S !!!
  • Options
    m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    1 good year and the Ranger Fans come out off the woodwork
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • Options
    m0jorisen wrote:

blah blah crosby

and if u think that was a good year.... ba ba baby u just aint see nothing yet
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    blah blah crosby

and if u think that was a good year.... ba ba baby u just aint see nothing yet

Damn right!

I can't believe they can re-sign Hossa, but no word on Sykora. Although my source told me it wasn't going to happen, I'm holding out hope.
  • Options
    D Lo BrownD Lo Brown Posts: 132
    m0jorisen wrote:
    Ranger fans are probably among the most loyal in the NHL...and they might be the best fans in NY.
  • Options
    D Lo Brown wrote:
    Ranger fans are probably among the most loyal in the NHL...and they might be the best fans in NY.

straight up d-lo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that pens fan doesn't realize he won't have a team to root for soon
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    bruin we forgot to mention metsfan is the one non-ranger fan we let post in here,,because his islander humor is very funny ,,also deep down inside he knows his team sucks

LET'S GO RANGER'S !!!
    i still have hope,that one day we will be good.my team doesnt suck its the ownership that sucks.

LET'S GO ISLANDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    i still have hope,that one day we will be good.my team doesnt suck its the ownership that sucks.

LET'S GO ISLANDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

true ,,but ownership is what makes the team up from g.m to coach and so on

so.......... your team sucks !!!!!!! lol
  • Options
    the Rangers have signed Ron Duguay
    to play on a line with Shanahan

they are the same age
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    true ,,but ownership is what makes the team up from g.m to coach and so on

so.......... your team sucks !!!!!!! lol
    ah whatever.your team sucked for years just cause u have one good season doesnt mean your gonna do well.ill grant u the fact that it was a good season lets see if u can make out of the 1st round this year.

• Options
    ah whatever.your team sucked for years just cause u have one good season doesnt mean your gonna do well.ill grant u the fact that it was a good season lets see if u can make out of the 1st round this year.

1 winning season in the past 8

Jagr will lead them no where
  • Options
    pens and isles combined wont have more wins
  • Options
    m0jorisen wrote:
    the Rangers have signed Ron Duguay
    to play on a line with Shanahan

they are the same age

u must have been on the site with your duguay comment,,,hmnnn are u secretly checking nyrangers.com??
  • Options
    the hopeless isles may surprise people this year.i know one thing for sure.nolan will get these guys to play

• Options
    for my 3,000 th post

LET'S GO RANGER'S

1984 1984 1984 1984 1984 1984 1984

POTVIN SUCKS!!!

WE WANT FISHSTICKS

and.. CAN THE PENS STAY IN TOWN??

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!
  • Options
    lmfao

LET'S GO ISLANDERS

• Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    u must have been on the site with your duguay comment,,,hmnnn are u secretly checking nyrangers.com??

i know a little about the game

and maybe they will have more wins than the pens and isles

only to lose in the 1st round with those playoff warriors they have
  • Options
    m0jorisen wrote:
    i know a little about the game

and maybe they will have more wins than the pens and isles

only to lose in the 1st round with those playoff warriors they have

time will tell my friend...... but i;am fucking psyched to find out