B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    niemi blows ...but anyhoot

IM GETTING REAL FUCKIN TIRED OF THIS TEAM AND THEIR PRACTICES..

they want ticket money JUNE 14TH ...JUNE 14TH

SO I CAN WATCH THE FLYERS SKATE AROUND WITH THE CUP AND WRITE A CHECK AT THE SAME TIME

SCREW YOU DOLAN

2 years ago it was august ..last year july and now june??/ the season isn't even over :evil: :roll:

i hate to give up the season tickets but this is crazy

the games look great on HD and think of all the money you'll save.

me thinks i'am gonna be finding out in a few months

cant give it in 2 weeks if ya don't have it :cry::mrgreen::mrgreen:

too much on Pearl Jam and drinks !

;)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    niemi blows ...but anyhoot

IM GETTING REAL FUCKIN TIRED OF THIS TEAM AND THEIR PRACTICES..

they want ticket money JUNE 14TH ...JUNE 14TH

SO I CAN WATCH THE FLYERS SKATE AROUND WITH THE CUP AND WRITE A CHECK AT THE SAME TIME

SCREW YOU DOLAN

2 years ago it was august ..last year july and now june??/ the season isn't even over :evil: :roll:

i hate to give up the season tickets but this is crazy

me thinks i'am gonna be finding out in a few months

cant give it in 2 weeks if ya don't have it :cry::mrgreen::mrgreen:

too much on Pearl Jam and drinks !

;)

you ain't shitting
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    SLATS 10 Year Anniversary

while we get to watch
    fellow original 6'ers Chicago battle it out
    with our conference rival Flyers
    for the big silver cup,
    we Blueshirt fans get to reflect on Sathers 10 years searching for the elusive big silver cup .

alg_glen_sather.jpg

It may have been the last day on which hockey truly dominated the New York sports-scape, which says plenty about its impact. It was a Thursday in June, and on a patch of Swamp in North Jersey, the Devils were preparing for Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals, looking to go up two-games-to-none on the Dallas Stars. But in this Ranger-leaning city, the even bigger headlines were coming from across the river, in midtown Manhattan, where the Rangers were holding a press conference at Madison Square Garden to crown a former Rangers winger named Glen Sather as their team president and the 10th general manager the club has had.

While the Devils would go on to win their second of three Cups in nine years, the Rangers, only six years removed from their own Cup, were a team that had just spent the last three seasons shaming themselves, stewarding Wayne Gretzky toward retirement and failing to make the playoffs despite a payroll that had bloated to a far-and-away league-record $61.2 million by 1999-2000. In walked Sather with the antidote, the cowboy with five rings riding in from Oil Country - or Palm Springs, whatever - armed with "carte blanche" from Jim Dolan to disinfect a dysfunctional house and point the Rangers out of the darkness and into the glory days he had built in Edmonton.

"I want this to be his last stop, and I think this contract reflects that," then-Garden president Dave Checketts said, having passed along a reported seven-year, $30 million deal, plus lucrative Cablevision stock options, to New York's new hockey don.

"He brings us instant respect."

Happy Anniversary, New York. Tuesday marks 10 years since Sather took hold of the unfettered reins of the Rangers amid all that fanfare and bountiful hope of a franchise rebirth. That's 3,653 days under Slats, one entire decade of ... how to put this?

The cowboy came in and shot the place up, all right. You may have seen the numbers: In the decade since the Broadway canonizing of June 1, 2000 (that's nine seasons, with the lockout shelving 2004-05), the Rangers have won exactly two playoff series, during which time their Atlantic Division rivals have combined to win 27 series and three Stanley Cups. (The Flyers, currently playing the Blackhawks in the Finals, could boost those numbers to 28 and four.) Five different coaches have passed through, including Sather himself when he oversaw garbage time on Bryan Trottier's brief blooper reel in 2002-03.

As much as the long-flowing Edmonton-to-New York pipeline reflected the Rangers' spending power and lack of creativity, it was Sather himself who declared upon his hiring that "my first responsibility is to try to build a winner - and I still believe you can't buy a winner." In no time he proved a quick study in the art of chucking money at an impressive string of burnouts and bombs.

Pavel Bure, Eric Lindros, Scott Gomez, Wade Redden and many more have helped Sather prove his point that no, you cannot buy a winner. Save for a seventh-rounder named Henrik Lundqvist picked three weeks after he was hired, the GM's draft record was, as in Edmonton in the '90s, a black hole until the move for Marc Staal in 2005 triggered an upswing - though fans like those at a "Fire Sather" rally outside the Garden on March 7 will never let go of 2003, when the Rangers selected big Dartmouth winger Hugh Jessiman at No. 12. In one of the best draft classes ever, Jessiman remains the only player among the top 33 picks never to appear in the NHL.

Upon ending the Trottier fiasco after just 54 games in 2002-03, Sather made the bold move of appointing himself the 31st coach of the Rangers. It was a do-it-yourself statement that the GM acknowledged could come with consequences - particularly when he went even bolder, Mark Messier bold, and guaranteed of his now-$75 million team: "We're making the playoffs," a statement repeated by Dolan. They did not, and they missed the playoffs for a seventh straight season a year later with Sather coaching the first 62 games before retreating upstairs to trade Brian Leetch.

Today, following a brief Jaromir Jagr-fueled post-lockout renaissance, the Rangers are back to closing the Garden in early April, while the NHL is basking in the real resurrection of another Original Six team, the Chicago Blackhawks, who over the last decade have gone from the worst-run franchise in the league to the favorites in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Deep in their wake is another of the NHL's flagship franchises, playing in the league's own backyard. Tuesday marks 10 years since Sather took over in New York. A week ago yesterday, May 24, marked 20 years since the last hurrah of the Oiler dynasty. Happy Anniversary.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hocke ... z0pdRVWMBn
    How does that square with expectations? "We don't want to win the Cup in a flash," Checketts said back then. "We want to build a dynasty."
    platessmall.jpg
    Artem Anisimov had sugery on his wrist yesterday,
    will be out for 4 months .
    They removed a bone chip.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Artem Anisimov had sugery on his wrist yesterday,
    will be out for 4 months .
    They removed a bone chip.

playing w/ the freaking russians
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Alternative 3rd NYR Jersey in 10-11

nyrangsjersey-300x300.png

the NYR / Sabres both wore this on their uniforms in a game after 9-11 happened .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    SLATS 10 Year Anniversary

while we get to watch
    fellow original 6'ers Chicago battle it out
    with our conference rival Flyers
    for the big silver cup,
    we Blueshirt fans get to reflect on Sathers 10 years searching for the elusive big silver cup .

alg_glen_sather.jpg

It may have been the last day on which hockey truly dominated the New York sports-scape, which says plenty about its impact. It was a Thursday in June, and on a patch of Swamp in North Jersey, the Devils were preparing for Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals, looking to go up two-games-to-none on the Dallas Stars. But in this Ranger-leaning city, the even bigger headlines were coming from across the river, in midtown Manhattan, where the Rangers were holding a press conference at Madison Square Garden to crown a former Rangers winger named Glen Sather as their team president and the 10th general manager the club has had.

While the Devils would go on to win their second of three Cups in nine years, the Rangers, only six years removed from their own Cup, were a team that had just spent the last three seasons shaming themselves, stewarding Wayne Gretzky toward retirement and failing to make the playoffs despite a payroll that had bloated to a far-and-away league-record $61.2 million by 1999-2000. In walked Sather with the antidote, the cowboy with five rings riding in from Oil Country - or Palm Springs, whatever - armed with "carte blanche" from Jim Dolan to disinfect a dysfunctional house and point the Rangers out of the darkness and into the glory days he had built in Edmonton.

"I want this to be his last stop, and I think this contract reflects that," then-Garden president Dave Checketts said, having passed along a reported seven-year, $30 million deal, plus lucrative Cablevision stock options, to New York's new hockey don.

"He brings us instant respect."

Happy Anniversary, New York. Tuesday marks 10 years since Sather took hold of the unfettered reins of the Rangers amid all that fanfare and bountiful hope of a franchise rebirth. That's 3,653 days under Slats, one entire decade of ... how to put this?

The cowboy came in and shot the place up, all right. You may have seen the numbers: In the decade since the Broadway canonizing of June 1, 2000 (that's nine seasons, with the lockout shelving 2004-05), the Rangers have won exactly two playoff series, during which time their Atlantic Division rivals have combined to win 27 series and three Stanley Cups. (The Flyers, currently playing the Blackhawks in the Finals, could boost those numbers to 28 and four.) Five different coaches have passed through, including Sather himself when he oversaw garbage time on Bryan Trottier's brief blooper reel in 2002-03.

As much as the long-flowing Edmonton-to-New York pipeline reflected the Rangers' spending power and lack of creativity, it was Sather himself who declared upon his hiring that "my first responsibility is to try to build a winner - and I still believe you can't buy a winner." In no time he proved a quick study in the art of chucking money at an impressive string of burnouts and bombs.

Pavel Bure, Eric Lindros, Scott Gomez, Wade Redden and many more have helped Sather prove his point that no, you cannot buy a winner. Save for a seventh-rounder named Henrik Lundqvist picked three weeks after he was hired, the GM's draft record was, as in Edmonton in the '90s, a black hole until the move for Marc Staal in 2005 triggered an upswing - though fans like those at a "Fire Sather" rally outside the Garden on March 7 will never let go of 2003, when the Rangers selected big Dartmouth winger Hugh Jessiman at No. 12. In one of the best draft classes ever, Jessiman remains the only player among the top 33 picks never to appear in the NHL.

Upon ending the Trottier fiasco after just 54 games in 2002-03, Sather made the bold move of appointing himself the 31st coach of the Rangers. It was a do-it-yourself statement that the GM acknowledged could come with consequences - particularly when he went even bolder, Mark Messier bold, and guaranteed of his now-$75 million team: "We're making the playoffs," a statement repeated by Dolan. They did not, and they missed the playoffs for a seventh straight season a year later with Sather coaching the first 62 games before retreating upstairs to trade Brian Leetch.

Today, following a brief Jaromir Jagr-fueled post-lockout renaissance, the Rangers are back to closing the Garden in early April, while the NHL is basking in the real resurrection of another Original Six team, the Chicago Blackhawks, who over the last decade have gone from the worst-run franchise in the league to the favorites in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Deep in their wake is another of the NHL's flagship franchises, playing in the league's own backyard. Tuesday marks 10 years since Sather took over in New York. A week ago yesterday, May 24, marked 20 years since the last hurrah of the Oiler dynasty. Happy Anniversary.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hocke ... z0pdRVWMBn
    How does that square with expectations? "We don't want to win the Cup in a flash," Checketts said back then. "We want to build a dynasty."
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bathgate66 wrote:
    Alternative 3rd NYR Jersey in 10-11

nyrangsjersey-300x300.png

the NYR / Sabres both wore this on their uniforms in a game after 9-11 happened .
    horrible 3rd jersey

bring back the statue of liberty

but nothing will ever top this

fisherman.jpg

i cringed when i saw this was gonna be the islanders jersey way back when
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Personally, i hate the Statue Of Liberty Logo.

if they went back to the old style, i wish theyd use this onbe:

1978_jersey_away_big.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    has a date ever become so associated with an NY championship?

messier94_feature.jpg
    rival. wrote:

messier94_feature.jpg

really hard to believe that its been 16 years already .

:thumbup:
    platessmall.jpg
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,235
    rival. wrote:

messier94_feature.jpg

especially when there's one in 70 years..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    guess which sucker payed for the season tickets again :roll:

two words for you HD-TV.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024

two words for you HD-TV.
    hockey is better live
    rival. wrote:

messier94_feature.jpg
    its sad to say that this will probably the last cup a ny hockey team wins in a while. the rangers are in all sorts of torubles with sather and the helm and the islanders are 3-4 years from being a cup contender. it's also sad rags and isles fans are one in the same now. they hate is still there but you sorta feel bad for your fellow rival fan. nothing will ever come close in this town when both the isles and rags are in the playoffs at the same time.

metsfan wrote:

two words for you HD-TV.
    hockey is better live
    rival. wrote:

messier94_feature.jpg
    its sad to say that this will probably the last cup a ny hockey team wins in a while. the rangers are in all sorts of torubles with sather and the helm and the islanders are 3-4 years from being a cup contender. it's also sad rags and isles fans are one in the same now. they hate is still there but you sorta feel bad for your fellow rival fan. nothing will ever come close in this town when both the isles and rags are in the playoffs at the same time.

Of course it is, I try to limit my forking over money to the Dolan family whenever I can, which is why I go to one game a year and watch the rest on HD-TV.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Of course it is, I try to limit my forking over money to the Dolan family whenever I can, which is why I go to one game a year and watch the rest on HD-TV.

i feel ya. i was going to 7-10 games a season at one point, but for the past few i have been reduced to no more than 3. to pay $50 to sit in the 400's is not a deal. i can go to 4 yankee games for $50 and actually see the home team win.

annnnd prices will be going up to cover the renovation costs. i feel worse for knick fans though.
    here we go

kinda sloppy but the link is above

Sat Oct 9, 2010 Rangers Sabres
    7:00 PM
    Mon Oct 11, 2010 Rangers Islanders
    1:00 PM
    Fri Oct 15, 2010 Maple Leafs Rangers
    7:00 PM Tickets
    Mon Oct 18, 2010 Avalanche Rangers
    Thu Oct 21, 2010 Rangers Maple Leafs
    Sat Oct 23, 2010 Rangers Bruins
    Sun Oct 24, 2010 Devils Rangers
    Wed Oct 27, 2010 Thrashers Rangers
    Fri Oct 29, 2010 Hurricanes Rangers
    Sat Oct 30, 2010 Rangers Maple Leafs
    November 2010
    Date Visitor Home Time (ET) TV Network/Results
    Mon Nov 1, 2010 Blackhawks Rangers
    Thu Nov 4, 2010 Rangers Flyers
    Fri Nov 5, 2010 Rangers Devils
    Sun Nov 7, 2010 Blues Rangers
    Tue Nov 9, 2010 Capitals Rangers
    Thu Nov 11, 2010 Sabres Rangers
    Sun Nov 14, 2010 Oilers Rangers
    12:30 PM Tickets
    Mon Nov 15, 2010 Rangers Penguins
    Wed Nov 17, 2010 Bruins Rangers
    Fri Nov 19, 2010 Rangers Avalanche
    9:00 PM
    Sat Nov 20, 2010 Rangers Wild
    8:00 PM
    Mon Nov 22, 2010 Flames Rangers
    Wed Nov 24, 2010 Rangers Lightning
    7:30 PM
    Fri Nov 26, 2010 Rangers Panthers
    Sat Nov 27, 2010 Rangers Predators
    Mon Nov 29, 2010 Penguins Rangers
    December 2010
    Thu Dec 2, 2010 Rangers Islanders
    Fri Dec 3, 2010 Islanders Rangers
    Sun Dec 5, 2010 Senators Rangers
    5:00 PM Tickets
    Thu Dec 9, 2010 Rangers Senators
    Sat Dec 11, 2010 Rangers Blue Jackets
    Sun Dec 12, 2010 Capitals Rangers
    Wed Dec 15, 2010 Rangers Penguins
    Thu Dec 16, 2010 Coyotes Rangers
    Sat Dec 18, 2010 Rangers Flyers
    Thu Dec 23, 2010 Lightning Rangers
    Mon Dec 27, 2010 Islanders Rangers
    Wed Dec 29, 2010 Rangers Devils
    January 2011
    Sat Jan 1, 2011 Rangers Lightning
    Sun Jan 2, 2011 Rangers Panthers
    5:00 PM
    Wed Jan 5, 2011 Hurricanes Rangers
    Fri Jan 7, 2011 Rangers Stars
    8:30 PM
    Sat Jan 8, 2011 Rangers Blues
    Tue Jan 11, 2011 Canadiens Rangers
    Thu Jan 13, 2011 Canucks Rangers
    Sat Jan 15, 2011 Rangers Canadiens
    Sun Jan 16, 2011 Flyers Rangers
    Wed Jan 19, 2011 Maple Leafs Rangers
    Thu Jan 20, 2011 Rangers Hurricanes
    Sat Jan 22, 2011 Rangers Thrashers
    Mon Jan 24, 2011 Rangers Capitals
    Tue Jan 25, 2011 Panthers Rangers
    February 2011
    Tue Feb 1, 2011 Penguins Rangers
    Thu Feb 3, 2011 Devils Rangers
    Sat Feb 5, 2011 Rangers Canadiens
    2:00 PM
    Mon Feb 7, 2011 Rangers Red Wings
    Fri Feb 11, 2011 Rangers Thrashers
    Sun Feb 13, 2011 Penguins Rangers
    TBD Tickets
    Thu Feb 17, 2011 Kings Rangers
    Fri Feb 18, 2011 Rangers Devils
    Sun Feb 20, 2011 Flyers Rangers
    TBD Tickets
    Tue Feb 22, 2011 Rangers Hurricanes
    Fri Feb 25, 2011 Rangers Capitals
    Sun Feb 27, 2011 Lightning Rangers
    1:00 PM Tickets
    March 2011
    Tue Mar 1, 2011 Sabres Rangers
    Thu Mar 3, 2011 Wild Rangers
    Fri Mar 4, 2011 Rangers Senators
    Sun Mar 6, 2011 Flyers Rangers
    TBD Tickets
    Wed Mar 9, 2011 Rangers Ducks
    10:00 PM
    Sat Mar 12, 2011 Rangers Sharks
    10:30 PM
    Tue Mar 15, 2011 Islanders Rangers
    Fri Mar 18, 2011 Canadiens Rangers
    Sun Mar 20, 2011 Rangers Penguins
    12:30 PM
    Tue Mar 22, 2011 Panthers Rangers
    Thu Mar 24, 2011 Senators Rangers
    Sat Mar 26, 2011 Rangers Bruins
    Wed Mar 30, 2011 Rangers Sabres
    Thu Mar 31, 2011 Rangers Islanders
    April 2011
    Sun Apr 3, 2011 Rangers Flyers
    3:00 PM
    Mon Apr 4, 2011 Bruins Rangers
    Thu Apr 7, 2011 Thrashers Rangers
    Sat Apr 9, 2011 Devils Rangers
    12:30 PM Tickets
    maybe i'll get to actually put a dent in that home schedule .

Last season was the first in a long time where I didnt attend too many games
    ( i'd say not more than 3 )
    platessmall.jpg
    its weird to see the rags and isles ony play 6 times a season. I can remeber when it was 10-12 games a season.

well making my first season ticket payment this morning :roll:

my friend just counted me in while i was away ...i wanna cry

what did the dolan family sock you for this year? also anyone have any idea who the Rangers are supposedly going to draft. I'm actually going to the draft tonight at the STAPLES Center and am wondering about that.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024

what did the dolan family sock you for this year? also anyone have any idea who the Rangers are supposedly going to draft. I'm actually going to the draft tonight at the STAPLES Center and am wondering about that.

fucking dolan

vurmistrov ranked 11th in one magazine

or ryan johansen in the same magazine

these are the names in the mock

enjoy larry

oh dodgers also sweet
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,803
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-yorkhockey/post/_/id/147/locals-surprise-in-first-round-of-2010-draft

By Don La Greca
    It seemed to fall just right for the Rangers and Glen Sather. Their need is an offensive player on the blue line and Cam Fowler dropped right in their lap. Fowler seemed perfect for the Blueshirts; he was a point-per-game player for the Windsor Spitfires in the OHL and has been compared to former Rangers star Brian Leetch.

However the Rangers shocked the Staples Center crowd in Los Angeles and many in the NHL community by taking 6-foot-5 Dylan McIlrath. He fits the bill as a defensemen but not as a scorer. But there is one thing that he can do: Hit! His nickname is the "Undertaker." It's not a bad pick, since the division is filled with rough and ready players who love it hit. You just wonder if years from now we'll talk about Fowler, who went to the Ducks, as the better player.
    I miss igotid88
    10th pick in the draft and they took D Man Dylan McIlrath from Moose Jaw.

:?:
    udertaker? wrestling term in hockey , heh?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    igotid88 wrote:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-yorkhockey/post/_/id/147/locals-surprise-in-first-round-of-2010-draft

By Don La Greca
    It seemed to fall just right for the Rangers and Glen Sather. Their need is an offensive player on the blue line and Cam Fowler dropped right in their lap. Fowler seemed perfect for the Blueshirts; he was a point-per-game player for the Windsor Spitfires in the OHL and has been compared to former Rangers star Brian Leetch.

However the Rangers shocked the Staples Center crowd in Los Angeles and many in the NHL community by taking 6-foot-5 Dylan McIlrath. He fits the bill as a defensemen but not as a scorer. But there is one thing that he can do: Hit! His nickname is the "Undertaker." It's not a bad pick, since the division is filled with rough and ready players who love it hit. You just wonder if years from now we'll talk about Fowler, who went to the Ducks, as the better player.

z154841100.jpg
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    igotid88 wrote:

By Don La Greca

z154841100.jpg

:lol:
    platessmall.jpg
    one of my co-workers sons is eligable for the draft ...today is his only hope (but its not gonna happen...to small)

anyway he played alot with our pick and to quote him.." he blows ass" :roll:

another great job slats u assho :roll: :evil:
    maybe they shouldve went with Fowler ?
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    maybe they shouldve went with Fowler ?
    yea that woulda been the logcial choice considering fowler has been compared to pronger or ducan keith. they also passed up on gormley who also was a "can't miss prospect".