B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    really questiuoning the shooter decisions.

Olii Jokinenen ?

I dunno bout that one,...
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i didn't understand the Oli move either. don't you guys have a big time goal scorer or something.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    really questiuoning the shooter decisions.

Olii Jokinenen ?

I dunno bout that one,...
    i question all of them

i woulda went

dubie
    cally
    gabroik
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,803
    i was question the 1st three shooters as well. I guess they were depending on Henrik too much. Instead of trying for the win. It's they were playing as if there was 1 more game to go.
    I miss igotid88
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    this thread can finally die!!!!!

HaHa!

RIP 2009-2010 Blueshirts.

Glad to see gaborik finally score a lot of points though, he is a fantastic player.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Phew !

Never a doubt ;)

Henrik kept you in it by far...he was great

No Gaborik in the shootout ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    sigh.

disappointing, but the blueshirts def. gave us plenty to cheer about with their final 10 games. they would have dove head first into the playoffs with crazy momentum againt the devils.

not making the playoffs was such a routine year after year. but it does feel like a while since they've been on the outside looking in. lets keep the fingers and toes crossed that sather goes vacationing in mexico and goes "missing" this summer.

going to be a hell of a devs/flyers series though.

• it's ok ranger fans......

http://sadtrombone.com/
    Stunned by my own reflection, it's looking back sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again. Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down.

HaHa!

Glad to see gaborik finally score a lot of points though, he is a fantastic player.

Maybe this season is over, but I assure you this thread just wont go away.
    It been alive and kicking since 2006 so go figure,...
    platessmall.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    edited April 2010
    Bathgate66 wrote:

HaHa!

Maybe this season is over, but I assure you this thread just wont go away.
    It been alive and kicking since 2006 so go figure,...

best sports thread on the AET ..still kicking
    Post edited by neilybabes86 on
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    joke inen????

he thought he was youngblood

and then that bullcrap move
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    "I'm gonna carve you up Racki!"

:lol:

I watched that movie endlessly growing up

Former Flyer Peter Zezel was in it

RIP

"I'm gonna carve you up Racki!"

:lol:

I watched that movie endlessly growing up

Former Flyer Peter Zezel was in it

RIP

as did i

thats the first thing i thought of when he started circling :roll:

only thing is youngblood sscored :mrgreen:

please beat the devils
    Im still questioning the shooter selection by Torts.
    No Dubinsky?
    Olli Jokinen to tie it ?
    OK so Gaborik suffers from Jagr-shootout-itis,
    but he still woulda been better than that rental player Jokinen,

we wouldve had to have faced Washington so i dont know how much further we wouldve been playing,...
    but it still woulve been nice to get in,... to ice that final push we made off,

makes it all for naught,

million dollar question, does Torts / Sather get fired?
    platessmall.jpg
    F'n MSG went right to the Knickerbocker game after NYRs loss -
    so NO post game coverage-- at all.
    wtf ?

http://video.msg.com/Videos/MSG-Network ... lyers-4-11
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:

million dollar question, does Torts / Sather get fired?
    as sorta an outsider torts to me isn't a rags coach like trots was. so yes i think torts should be fired. sather has had enough chances to build a cup contending team and has failed big time. i mean he's bought in guys like lindros and bure and redden who all were big time misses. gabroik and avery were huge risk but paid off well. you also have to look at what hes done for the farm. look i'm the biggest rags hater like every other isles fan is but when all 3 local teams are in the playoffs the energy the local area has is different.

yesterdays papers all suggest that Tortts and Sathers jobs' are both safe.

Business as usual on Broadway ,...
    platessmall.jpg
    GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- New York Rangers coach John Tortorella has had two days to mull his team's disappointing out-of-the-playoffs finish, and already knows what changes he wants made.

The blustery Tortorella believes the Rangers need to get younger, add character to the dressing room, and remove players that don't fit his program.

NY hockey blog
    Looking for more infor-
    mation on the Rangers, Islanders and Devils? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

"I wasn't crazy about the room," the pull-no-punches Tortorella said Tuesday as the Rangers packed up for the summer. "That isn't an indictment of [captain] Chris Drury or Ryan Callahan or our leadership group. I think some people need to be weeded out of there. It's certainly not our core people.

"I think that room doesn't sustain itself. I don't think the room's a strong room."

High on the list of veterans who might not return next season is defenseman Wade Redden, who still has four years left on a big-money contract and could be a candidate to have his deal bought out or be sent to the minors to take his salary off the cap.

"I think some guys need to be bumped out," Tortorella said.

Veteran backup goalie Alex Auld, acquired during the Olympic break, doesn't seem likely to return. Tortorella said the Rangers are already scouring the list of potentially available goalies who would be able to give Henrik Lundqvist a rest and limit his appearances to the 65-70 game range.

The sting of New York's 2-1 shootout loss in Philadelphia that eliminated the Rangers on Sunday still permeated the practice rink that was darkened and quiet.

The Rangers started the season strong with a 7-1 spurt and ended it well by going 7-1-2 in their final 10. But inconsistent play in the other 64 games ruined New York's chances for a fifth straight playoff appearance.

"It's tough to come in here and say goodbye and pack up your stuff and know you have five months of thinking," forward Brandon Dubinsky said. "The biggest thing is making sure we remember how we felt."

That was one overriding theme during a breakup day that most on the team came too soon. The other key talking point among the Rangers as they took physicals and finished exit interviews was that games in October, November and December count just as much as those in crunch time of March April.

Yes, they were eliminated in crushing fashion during Sunday's shootout, but the reality is that the season was really doomed well before then. A win or two earlier would have been enough to get the Rangers into the top eight places in the Eastern Conference with room to spare on the final day of the season.

"One of the toughest losses I've had," said Lundqvist, who made 46 saves in a brilliant final-day performance. "It was so close. The whole year comes down to that."

New York finished in ninth place, one point behind Montreal -- which is readying for a first-round matchup with top-seeded Washington instead of heading home for a long summer.

Tortorella said adding more character guys to the team such as late-season acquisitions Brandon Prust and Jody Shelley would greatly help the Rangers in the future. And instilling even more youth to a foundation group that features forwards Marian Gaborik, Callahan, and Dubinsky, along with 19-year-old defenseman Michael Del Zotto and Marc Staal would make it easier for New York to establish a team identity.

"We don't have enough," Tortorella said. "I'm not saying it's anybody's fault. I think we have a young core, now if you get some people sprinkled around then with character, I think we need to get some people out of the bus."

Tortorella also called out players for their sub-par performance on Sunday.

Outside of Lundqvist and the gritty line of Artem Anisimov, Prust and Shelley that produced the Rangers' only goal, Tortorella was disappointed in Gaborik, who hit career highs with 42 goals and 86 points, and others on the top lines that couldn't get the Rangers over the top with the season on the line.

The Rangers set up a winner-take-all game by beating Philadelphia 4-3 on Friday night in the first half of the home-and-home series.

"We played a [gutsy] game against Philly in our building and we had zero top guys show up in Philly, which was despicable," Tortorella said. "I think Gaborik's a legitimate star but I don't like the way he has played in big games. I think he needs to cross the line there, but we've got some pieces here.

"We need to add to it. Then when you get an opportunity -- hey, I might not even be here -- but when you get there and you're not fighting ninth and eighth every year you might be a legitimately good team for a while."

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
    GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- New York Rangers coach John Tortorella has had two days to mull his team's disappointing out-of-the-playoffs finish, and already knows what changes he wants made.

The blustery Tortorella believes the Rangers need to get younger, add character to the dressing room, and remove players that don't fit his program.

NY hockey blog
    Looking for more infor-
    mation on the Rangers, Islanders and Devils? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

"I wasn't crazy about the room," the pull-no-punches Tortorella said Tuesday as the Rangers packed up for the summer. "That isn't an indictment of [captain] Chris Drury or Ryan Callahan or our leadership group. I think some people need to be weeded out of there. It's certainly not our core people.

"I think that room doesn't sustain itself. I don't think the room's a strong room."

High on the list of veterans who might not return next season is defenseman Wade Redden, who still has four years left on a big-money contract and could be a candidate to have his deal bought out or be sent to the minors to take his salary off the cap.

"I think some guys need to be bumped out," Tortorella said.

Veteran backup goalie Alex Auld, acquired during the Olympic break, doesn't seem likely to return. Tortorella said the Rangers are already scouring the list of potentially available goalies who would be able to give Henrik Lundqvist a rest and limit his appearances to the 65-70 game range.

The sting of New York's 2-1 shootout loss in Philadelphia that eliminated the Rangers on Sunday still permeated the practice rink that was darkened and quiet.

The Rangers started the season strong with a 7-1 spurt and ended it well by going 7-1-2 in their final 10. But inconsistent play in the other 64 games ruined New York's chances for a fifth straight playoff appearance.

"It's tough to come in here and say goodbye and pack up your stuff and know you have five months of thinking," forward Brandon Dubinsky said. "The biggest thing is making sure we remember how we felt."

That was one overriding theme during a breakup day that most on the team came too soon. The other key talking point among the Rangers as they took physicals and finished exit interviews was that games in October, November and December count just as much as those in crunch time of March April.

Yes, they were eliminated in crushing fashion during Sunday's shootout, but the reality is that the season was really doomed well before then. A win or two earlier would have been enough to get the Rangers into the top eight places in the Eastern Conference with room to spare on the final day of the season.

"One of the toughest losses I've had," said Lundqvist, who made 46 saves in a brilliant final-day performance. "It was so close. The whole year comes down to that."

New York finished in ninth place, one point behind Montreal -- which is readying for a first-round matchup with top-seeded Washington instead of heading home for a long summer.

Tortorella said adding more character guys to the team such as late-season acquisitions Brandon Prust and Jody Shelley would greatly help the Rangers in the future. And instilling even more youth to a foundation group that features forwards Marian Gaborik, Callahan, and Dubinsky, along with 19-year-old defenseman Michael Del Zotto and Marc Staal would make it easier for New York to establish a team identity.

"We don't have enough," Tortorella said. "I'm not saying it's anybody's fault. I think we have a young core, now if you get some people sprinkled around then with character, I think we need to get some people out of the bus."

Tortorella also called out players for their sub-par performance on Sunday.

Outside of Lundqvist and the gritty line of Artem Anisimov, Prust and Shelley that produced the Rangers' only goal, Tortorella was disappointed in Gaborik, who hit career highs with 42 goals and 86 points, and others on the top lines that couldn't get the Rangers over the top with the season on the line.

The Rangers set up a winner-take-all game by beating Philadelphia 4-3 on Friday night in the first half of the home-and-home series.

"We played a [gutsy] game against Philly in our building and we had zero top guys show up in Philly, which was despicable," Tortorella said. "I think Gaborik's a legitimate star but I don't like the way he has played in big games. I think he needs to cross the line there, but we've got some pieces here.

"We need to add to it. Then when you get an opportunity -- hey, I might not even be here -- but when you get there and you're not fighting ninth and eighth every year you might be a legitimately good team for a while."

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

interesting read- but only pointing out that Auld wont return ,... and Redden as the scapegoats in " the room" ?
    Then he goes after Gaborik, yet he didnt line him up in the shootout?
    Sounds like a bit of double talk-
    i liked Torts , but dont know if all that yelling and screaming does the trick,
    perhasp its time to bring in messier,...
    platessmall.jpg
    after all that speculation of should we make the playoffs, or not ? - ( to secure that chance in the draft lottery ) turns out we get the 10th pick while edmonton wins the first pick.

So after all said and done , no real advvantage there.

Bye bye to Jokinenen and looks like Redden willl be bought out.

:roll: :lol: :roll:
    platessmall.jpg
    Dubinsky & Gilroy both selected for representing team USA
    @ the IIHF World Champions Tournament in Germany this May.
    platessmall.jpg
    interesting jab at gaborik. "don't like the way he has performed in big games." did torts already forget that he scored the game winner in game # 81? a win that lead to a meaningful game # 82?
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Dubinsky & Gilroy both selected for representing team USA
    @ the IIHF World Champions Tournament in Germany this May.
    and will be coached by Scott Gordo

hear i thought i was done with my random isles posts for the season :lol::lol:

interesting jab at gaborik. "don't like the way he has performed in big games." did torts already forget that he scored the game winner in game # 81? a win that lead to a meaningful game # 82?

Torts doing the double talk on that one
    Puts Gabo up on a pedestal,
    then leaves him off the shootout roster.
    I dunno,....
    metsfan wrote:
    and will be coached by Scott Gordo

hear i thought i was done with my random isles posts for the season

Gillroy is also a native of North Bellmore, Long Island, NY .
    platessmall.jpg
    While those other teams battle it out
    for that big silver stacked cup,

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_spo ... bp2MiCVevN

NHL general managers are under the impression next year's cap will come in at approximately $58 million if, as expected, the NHLPA triggers the five-percent inflator. That means the summer cap will be approximately $63.8 million, thus leaving the Rangers around $17 million with which to sign Marc Staal and Dan Girardi and address the rest of the roster's deficiencies.

Assume that the Blueshirts, who will be obliged to carry Wade Redden's $6.5 million cap hit until he can be waived off the NHL roster during training camp, will spend in the $1.75-2 million neighborhood on a backup for Henrik Lundqvist, with Martin Biron and Johan Hedberg believed at the top of GM Glen Sather's wish list.
    platessmall.jpg
    :cry::cry:;)
    John Tortorella returned from the Rangers' organizational meetings to undergo hip replacement surgery on Monday, an operation that necessitated a five-day stay in the hospital

didn't know all the stress effected the hips!
    Saw your Boy Sean Avery Friday Night at MSG

Just when I thought I might like him..the douche wears sunglasses the whole show :roll:

The girl he was with was hot as hell..tall model looking type

He's still a douche :lol:

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Saw your Boy Sean Avery Friday Night at MSG

Just when I thought I might like him..the douche wears sunglasses the whole show :roll:

The girl he was with was hot as hell..tall model looking type

He's still a douche :lol:

it's nice to see they are enjoying the off season
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg