SLATS = WORST NYR GM EVER
    Lol was pretty funny just the same.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Rygar wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

beat it go to your own thread :lol:;)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Rygar wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

beat it go to your own thread :lol:;)
    You take the cake, but Olli Jokinin back to Cgy was funny as well.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    http://www.hovied.com/sports/2010/jody- ... 75616.html

For Neily

Q: Did you look at this and think it was the best opportunity you had to win a Stanley Cup?

“I think so. When you play for a team like the San Jose Sharks, and that’s a team that’s in the playoffs – they’re not talking about making the playoffs in September, they’re talking about the Western Conference Final. And then you play for a team like New York, who missed the playoff by one point and watches their opponent go to the Final, you realize how far you are from it. So absolutely. That’s what you think about. And of course you think about family and just playing the game in a city that loves hockey.

8-)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    in all fairness, the guy has to give the politically correct answers. he just signed with a new team, hasnt even been in the lockerroom with his new teammates yet.
    Shelly would have been an over 35 year old signing... Slats already got burned by Brashear last year.

Boogerd is a goon.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    In Prust We Trust.

2 year extension signed.

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id ... L|NYR|home
    platessmall.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    so the islanders are/were offered ilya kovalchuk a 10 year deal worth 100 million dollars

i don't know why they would ever do this considering the recent busts with yashin and dippy but it makes alota sense. he's in his prime and would be the star of the team and put ass's in the hempstead turnpike dump.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    so the islanders are/were offered ilya kovalchuk a 10 year deal worth 100 million dollars

i don't know why they would ever do this considering the recent busts with yashin and dippy but it makes alota sense. he's in his prime and would be the star of the team and put ass's in the hempstead turnpike dump.

THANKS FOR SHARING STICKS STORies HERE

p.s. no one cares
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id ... L|NYR|home

Derek Stapan steps up to the pro level .
    Funny, i never heard of'em .
    platessmall.jpg
    Girardi taking the NYR into arbitration.
    platessmall.jpg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Bathgate66 wrote:

i can see how that will go.

"remember last season when you just stood there on the ice and watched your star player get his ass beat to the ground?" well maybe now you know why we don't want to pay you what you are asking.

anyone know what he is asking for? no way should he get more than $2 million.
    rival. wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

i can see how that will go.

"remember last season when you just stood there on the ice and watched your star player get his ass beat to the ground?" well maybe now you know why we don't want to pay you what you are asking.

anyone know what he is asking for? no way should he get more than $2 million.

Girardi filed for salaray arbitration yesterday.
    But the NYR have every intention on signing the defeseman group II Free Agent defensemen to a multi year contract .
    negotiations are likely to yield a four year deal worth 3.25 - 3.5 million per season .If howeever an agreement cannot be reached and Girardi goes thru with the arbitration hearing then he would become eligible for unrestricted free agency next summer.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    Girardi filed for salaray arbitration yesterday.
    But the NYR have every intention on signing the defeseman group II Free Agent defensemen to a multi year contract .
    negotiations are likely to yield a four year deal worth 3.25 - 3.5 million per season .If howeever an agreement cannot be reached and Girardi goes thru with the arbitration hearing then he would become eligible for unrestricted free agency next summer.

wow, thats a hefty raise from the $1.5 million he was making per season. let's see how slats handles this one.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,235
    New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the Rangers have acquired defenseman Steve Eminger from the Anaheim Ducks, in exchange for forwards Aaron Voros and Ryan Hillier.

Eminger, 26, skated in 63 games with Anaheim this season, registering four goals and 12 assists for 16 points, along with 30 penalty minutes. He ranked second on the Ducks with 99 blocked shots, and third among Anaheim defensemen with 102 hits. Eminger finished the season, recording 14 of his 16 points in his final 36 games (four goals and 10 assists). He established a career-high, plus-five rating and recorded two points (one goal and one assist) in a 5-2 win at Colorado on March 31. The plus-five rating tied Anaheim’s team record for plus/minus rating in a single game. In addition, Eminger skated in his 300th NHL game on November 14 at Detroit.

Eminger, who helped the Kitchener Rangers (OHL) capture the 2003 Memorial Cup en route to being named to the tournament All-Star team, established career-highs in assists (21), points (26), games played (71), and tied his career-high in goals (five) in 2008-09 while splitting the season between Philadelphia, Tampa Bay and Florida. He led Tampa Bay defensemen in assists (19) and points (23), and ranked second in goals (four) prior to his trade to Florida, in exchange for Noah Welch, on March 9, 2009. Eminger also established a career-high with two, three-point performances that season, both coming against the Florida Panthers on November 18 (one goal and two assists) and December 26 (one goal and two assists).

The 6-2, 210-pounder has skated in 346 career regular season games in seven NHL seasons with Washington, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay, Florida and Anaheim, registering 15 goals and 70 assists for 85 points, along with 301 penalty minutes. Eminger notched his first NHL goal as a member of the Washington Capitals on October 10, 2005 vs. the Rangers. He tallied his first career point with an assist on November 26, 2002 at Toronto, and made his NHL debut on October 11, 2002 vs. Nashville. In addition, Eminger has registered one goal in five career NHL playoff games.

The Woodbridge, Ontario native was originally Washington’s first round choice, 12th overall, in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft.

Voros skated in 41 games this season, registering three goals and four assists for seven points, along with 89 penalty minutes. He signed with the Rangers as a free agent on July 1, 2008.

Hillier skated in 22 ECHL games with Charlotte and Wheeling this season, registering two goals and five assists for seven points. He also skated in four games with the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL). Hillier was originally selected as the Rangers third round choice, 84th overall, in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the Rangers have acquired defenseman Steve Eminger from the Anaheim Ducks, in exchange for forwards Aaron Voros and Ryan Hillier.

Eminger, 26, skated in 63 games with Anaheim this season, registering four goals and 12 assists for 16 points, along with 30 penalty minutes. He ranked second on the Ducks with 99 blocked shots, and third among Anaheim defensemen with 102 hits. Eminger finished the season, recording 14 of his 16 points in his final 36 games (four goals and 10 assists). He established a career-high, plus-five rating and recorded two points (one goal and one assist) in a 5-2 win at Colorado on March 31. The plus-five rating tied Anaheim’s team record for plus/minus rating in a single game. In addition, Eminger skated in his 300th NHL game on November 14 at Detroit.

Eminger, who helped the Kitchener Rangers (OHL) capture the 2003 Memorial Cup en route to being named to the tournament All-Star team, established career-highs in assists (21), points (26), games played (71), and tied his career-high in goals (five) in 2008-09 while splitting the season between Philadelphia, Tampa Bay and Florida. He led Tampa Bay defensemen in assists (19) and points (23), and ranked second in goals (four) prior to his trade to Florida, in exchange for Noah Welch, on March 9, 2009. Eminger also established a career-high with two, three-point performances that season, both coming against the Florida Panthers on November 18 (one goal and two assists) and December 26 (one goal and two assists).

The 6-2, 210-pounder has skated in 346 career regular season games in seven NHL seasons with Washington, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay, Florida and Anaheim, registering 15 goals and 70 assists for 85 points, along with 301 penalty minutes. Eminger notched his first NHL goal as a member of the Washington Capitals on October 10, 2005 vs. the Rangers. He tallied his first career point with an assist on November 26, 2002 at Toronto, and made his NHL debut on October 11, 2002 vs. Nashville. In addition, Eminger has registered one goal in five career NHL playoff games.

The Woodbridge, Ontario native was originally Washington’s first round choice, 12th overall, in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft.

Voros skated in 41 games this season, registering three goals and four assists for seven points, along with 89 penalty minutes. He signed with the Rangers as a free agent on July 1, 2008.

Hillier skated in 22 ECHL games with Charlotte and Wheeling this season, registering two goals and five assists for seven points. He also skated in four games with the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL). Hillier was originally selected as the Rangers third round choice, 84th overall, in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.

bye bye voros( 3 goals )

cest la vie '
    platessmall.jpg
    avery must be upset voros was his 3rd wheel :lol:
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

Ahhhhh...that's the toolbag that was with Avery when I saw them at the PJ show at MSG

I have to say for being a "3rd wheel" that dude had a hotter G/F then Avery!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

Ahhhhh...that's the toolbag that was with Avery when I saw them at the PJ show at MSG

I have to say for being a "3rd wheel" that dude had a hotter G/F then Avery!

easy douche :evil: :mrgreen::mrgreen:

3rd wheel comment comes from one night on a road trip avery was out with his gf and voros joined them
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=79697&start=9015

biron addded
    eminger added
    prospects being brought in

( mcdonough and stepan )

but what the f is going on with marc staal ?
    will he remain a Ranger ? he is a free agent !
    Staal_M_0720_Ins1.jpg
    cant tell with sather whos the biggest " no- see "all summer long.
    platessmall.jpg
    Girardi files for Arbitration, then resigns 4 years 3.325 per, total 13.3 million
    McCue added from Anaheim , ...( he's only 22 )
    And Staal is still unsigned,....
    platessmall.jpg
    did you see the big brown sharks on 83rd st. by you?
    staal is a head scratcher.

maybe he was holding out to see how much girardi got?

me?

rockaways 83rd street?

wouldnt be anything new sharks seen all over the tiny little peninsula

still i try to keep away from all of the sharks . lol

i think staal is a keeper , lifetime Ranger

unlike someone like, Zdederev who has signed with The Flyers,
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:

me?

rockaways 83rd street?

wouldnt be anything new sharks seen all over the tiny little peninsula

still i try to keep away from all of the sharks . lol

i think staal is a keeper , lifetime Ranger

unlike someone like, Zdederev who has signed with The Flyers,

yea but 2 big ones were caught off the beach pretty wild
    WadeHFD.jpg
    Sean Avery's acting career gets another boost. He’ll be jetting to Oakland for a part in the new Billy Beane flick about the Athletics’ G.M. and subject of the best seller “Moneyball.”
    platessmall.jpg
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Sean Avery's acting career gets another boost. He’ll be jetting to Oakland for a part in the new Billy Beane flick about the Athletics’ G.M. and subject of the best seller “Moneyball.”
    Hopefully he gets beat up in that one, too :)
    NYR agree to terms with free agent forward Alexander Frolov.

( ok he was a KING )
    platessmall.jpg
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,235
    I don't have a problem with this signing, he's in the prime of his career and has been fairly productive for the Kings - 168 goals in 536 games.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."