B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    F all the naysayers

Slats letter to Gary Bettman

The team sent a letter to NHL commissioner Gary Bettman on Saturday night that was released to reporters just a few minutes ago:

Subject: Washington vs. New York, Game 5

Dear Gary:

In addition to your suspension of Coach Tortorella for his actions during last night's game, we respectfully request that you consider appropriate discipline in light of Washington's gross negligence in ensuring the safety of the personnel on the Rangers' bench, including Coach Tortorella, in the face of the Rangers' repeated requests for intervention against egregious fan misconduct during Game 5. As importantly, we would like the League's intervention to ensure that there are adequate security measures in place to protect our personnel in the event there is a Game 7 in Washington.

Neither the NHL nor either team has had the opportunity to conduct a full investigation or to interview all witnesses but the television coverage and the statements made by Rangers bench personnel make clear that Washington utterly failed in its security obligations to the Rangers, not to mention its own fans. The tension was evident from before the opening face-off. Throughout the game, several people seated immediately behind the visitors' bench took advantage of the looseness of the glass panels and the unusually wide gaps between the panels to assault the Rangers with some of the most obscene language imaginable. Because of the way the glass is installed, the patron sitting behind Coach Tortorella (the gray-haired, bearded man in the white T-Shirt) could literally scream into the coach's ear. According to Rangers trainer Jim Ramsay, one patron was screaming at the team, in graphic language, about whether Dan Girardi and Marc Staal have a sexual relationship. This was within earshot of several children seated nearby. Several other fans also made repeated homophobic remarks. Moreover, Mr. Ramsay reported that he and other bench personnel were spit on by one or more "fans" as they yelled through the gaps in the glass.

Your statement tonight referred to alerting security. In the first period, Mr. Ramsay warned the security guard stationed on the nearest stairwell (a large African-American man) that the situation was unacceptable and was likely to get ugly. No action was taken. The misconduct continued. In the second period, Mr. Ramsay warned a female security supervisor that some fans were out of control and that he was concerned that something unfortunate was going to happen. Although this supervisor was equipped with a radio, she apparently took no action, because the same fans were in their seats when the team returned to the bench for the third period. According to press accounts, no fans were ever ejected or permanently removed from their seats.

Washington's failure to respond to what its personnel knew — and were specifically warned — was a potentially dangerous situation contributed significantly to this unfortunate incident. Accordingly, we respectfully request that you consider imposing appropriate discipline on Washington for its knowing failure to protect the Rangers and prevent the situation from deteriorating into an incident that reflects badly on all of us. In addition, we must immediately discuss how Washington is going to handle security for any Game 7. Neither the Rangers nor the well-behaved Capitals fans should be forced to endure the extraordinary level of fan misconduct that Washington failed to prevent in Game 5.

Thank you for your consideration.

Glen

sheds some light on the " classy " organization in washington,...

Yeah, the caps/verizon center had to get those guys out of there, but at the same time Tortorella can't do what he did.

I think that his actions were probably more so out of his frustration from the game, but if he truly felt that he or his team were in danger, or the heckling was so overboard, he should have kept his team in the room until the situation was resolved.

There are league representatives on hand, and if it was that bad, you would think that the Rangers would have done more than having a trainer talk to a couple of security guards.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Blair Betts is out for God knows how long with a broken orbital bone.

fucking ouch,

and thanks to the douche - nozzle Brashear,

I hope Orr takes care of him in game 7 .

One way or another, a first is going to occur tomorrow night in Washington.

The Rangers have never blown a 3 - 1 series lead in their history. However, they have also never won a Game 7 on the road.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Bathgate66 wrote:

fucking ouch,

no need to ... he's been suspended for 6 games.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    jimed14 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

fucking ouch,

Good... fuckin' goon.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    jimed14 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

fucking ouch,

i hope brashear appeals,

is allowed to play in the pivotal game 7,

and then i hope Orr kicks his ass.
    platessmall.jpg
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    This one is for the Blue Shirts one of the Original 6

ONE LITTLE VICTORY

"One Little Victory"

A certain measure of innocence
    Willing to appear naive
    A certain degree of imagination
    A measure of make-believe

A certain degree of surrender
    To the forces of light and heat
    A shot of satisfaction
    In a willingness to risk defeat

Celebrate the moment
    As it turns into one more
    Another chance at victory
    Another chance to score

The measure of the moment
    In a difference of degree
    Just one little victory
    A spirit breaking free
    One little victory

The greatest act can be
    One little victory

A certain measure of righteousness
    A certain amount of force
    A certain degree of determination
    Daring on a different course

A certain amount of resistance
    To the forces of the light and love
    A certain measure of tolerance
    A willingness to rise above

I can't believe I'm rooting for the Rangers, well then let's go.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    the suspension to brashear actually hurts the rangers. the caps are now going to replace him with someone that actually has an ounce of offensive skill.

this douche will get his next year. it will be a long wait until then, but he will get his. what makes me more sick is a lot of caps are screaming clean hit. what a bunch of uneducated assholes.

god i hope the rangers pull this one off.
    On a separate incident, there is currently not enough evidence in the biting issue with Brandon Dubinsky.Dubinsky claims Shaone Morrisson bit him causing blood.

The referees didn't believe him and in turn gave him a ten-minute misconduct.

Justice served?
    platessmall.jpg
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    I hope the Rangers get the early lead. And hold on to it for the win. I don't wanna hear that crowd tomorrow. For some reason it's like the audio is turned up for the Caps home games than the Rangers home games.
    I miss igotid88
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    the suspension to brashear actually hurts the rangers. the caps are now going to replace him with someone that actually has an ounce of offensive skill.

this douche will get his next year. it will be a long wait until then, but he will get his. what makes me more sick is a lot of caps are screaming clean hit. what a bunch of uneducated assholes.

god i hope the rangers pull this one off.
    That's what always happens when the shoe is on the other foot. It isn't unique to the Caps.
    Anisimov has been called up.

Take that, Ovie.
    platessmall.jpg
    hank needs to come up big tonight. without him, a lot of people will be switching over to the devil game come the 3rd period.
    hank needs to come up big tonight. without him, a lot of people will be switching over to the devil game come the 3rd period.

never
    i'll be watching intensely no matter what.

One thing we havent done yet is test the new goalie on their end.
    no rebounds, no traffic standing in front ( hello avery and antropov )
    and as a result very few goals.
    pepper this fucking kid already.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:

never

seriously. what's with that? from the first minute of game 2 we should have been in his crease on top of him, brushing him when needed, and just getting in his face. the rangers made him way too comfortable off the bat. awful.

if the score is 4-0 again in the 3rd, i will have to change it. i'm not sitting there listening to their crowd go nuts mocking us.

antropov reminds me of that really tall player from mystery alaska. a guy big as shit, afraid to use his body. and get physical.
    Bathgate66 wrote:

never

seriously. what's with that? from the first minute of game 2 we should have been in his crease on top of him, brushing him when needed, and just getting in his face. the rangers made him way too comfortable off the bat. awful.

if the score is 4-0 again in the 3rd, i will have to change it. i'm not sitting there listening to their crowd go nuts mocking us.

antropov reminds me of that really tall player from mystery alaska. a guy big as shit, afraid to use his body. and get physical.

before games 5 / 6 ,

he was playing well, making his prescence known , hell i even remarked how he was even backchecking regularly on every shift!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av1cTYQN0f0
    platessmall.jpg
    Oh well, hats off to the Caps.

we still didnt test their goalie-

did they actually think they could win the game without shooting the puck on net in the entire 3rd period ?

Boston will easily handle these guys, at least they shoot the puck onto the net.

Wade Redden?
    what happened up there on the wing, you fucking traffic cone.
    not even a stick waved at the old man Federov, wtf ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    So much for the 2008-2009 season. That's about as bad an ending as you can get. Hopefully the players and front office take a long look in the mirror and figure out what went wrong especially on offense.
    Jw
    Jwmcc wrote:
    So much for the 2008-2009 season. That's about as bad an ending as you can get. Hopefully the players and front office take a long look in the mirror and figure out what went wrong especially on offense.
    Jw

wish theyd fire sather
    for that matter i wish theyd fire the dolans, but thats just not gonna happen .
    platessmall.jpg
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Jwmcc wrote:
    Jw

wish theyd fire sather
    for that matter i wish theyd fire the dolans, but thats just not gonna happen .
    Think you can get Brian Burke out of Toronto?

Was Drury hurt? I don't think that I saw him on the ice tonight. I never liked him and it always got on my nerves that the media crowned him as a proven winner. Ship that bum to the Wolfpack.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    wow, that sucked...one shot in the 3rd (even though I dont think the caps had a SOG until 15 minutes into the game. Cant blame it on Avery tonight....Way to go Redden leaving everything up to Henrik. Callahan ws probably screaming "block! you friggin pylon" Still feels like the New York Strangers....congrats to the caps for sticking it to them.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    1 thing is for certain
    colton orr earned a spot in that game 7,
    we missed his physicality,
    aaron voros should NOT have been in this game.
    platessmall.jpg
    Vince will slap my troubles away haha
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWRyj5cHIQA
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    suprise suprise, redden defending the man that scores the goal that sends the rangers packing for the season.

here it is:

keep:
    betts
    dubinsky
    callahan
    avery
    orr
    sjostrom
    antropov
    girardi
    mara
    staal

good bye:
    drury
    gomez
    zherdev
    redden
    rozsival
    voros

maybe:
    naslund
    morris
    korpikoski

i'm sorry, i like gomez and drury as people, but they have done dick for us since they arrived aside from taking up 90% of our cap space. about 60 games this season, i had to be reminded that drury was even dressed for a game. what did he do to deserve the 'C'???? still trying to figure that one out.

i am sick of sam and joe saying, "ohhh tie game, 6 minutes to go... this is drury time!" please. the guy won't score a big goal as long as he wears a blueshirt.

oh... fire sather.
    singularity: I agree completely...and I liked Voros when he first played with us
    singularity: I agree completely...and I liked Voros when he first played with us

me too. the first dozen games into the season, he was scoring, passing, skating, fighting. the scoring, passing, skating was a nice suprise, but when he stopped doing all of that he stopped dropping the gloves and stopped becoming a physical force. don't know where he lost his mojo.

but to be fair, i thought he played a good game tonight. had a few good looks at net, more than orr would have contributed offensively.
    yup not a bad game for him tonight, but pretty disposable overall. I hardly realize when Drury is playing, Gomez has been been meh, I am big fans of Callahan and Duby right now...they have heart and even Avery who almost made me toss a beer at my tv a couple games ago with his over the line antics, has shown that he can play with passion and not screw it all up (when he wants to).....Zherdev...pffft Henrick made some pretty spectacular saves and also got lucky....we should have been crashing the net more....oh well shouldve couldve wouldve
  • I was one of VERY few Ranger fans there. And I gotta say, that was one of the loudest eruptions I have ever heard, the loudness lasted for a really long time.

But hold the fuck on...

WADE REDDEN

Let me see, we have Fedorov, who is one of the greatest wrist shot shooters of all time...hes skating up, 2 on 2. Wade Redden decides let me keep backing off and give this guy 6-8 feet of room, but wait...let me deflect it for him!

I knew we all got on him in the season, but of all times to really fuck up its late in the 3rd period of game 7

Lundqvist was PHENOMENAL, end of story. His kick save out of no where while leaning the other way was absolutely unbelievable. Then his blocker save off of Ovie's rebound shot while on the ground was insane too. Let's not forget the save he made with 2 minutes left in the game when Ovie tried to make it 3-1

I can't believe the Rangers lost this game. The first 2 periods, I was in SHOCK that we were just damn right out playing them. If the Rangers were a scoring team the game would have been easily 3-1, or 4-1 after 2. ANTROPOV...LIFT THE PUCK!!!

But 3rd period man, Capitals just came out shooting and Lundqvist was there for each one of them and the defense was great. But WADE FUCKIN REDDEN....oh and what about Paul Mara's passes? He had two passes that I just flat out cursed up a storm about. Some of Gomez's passes were off too, but I thought he and Dubinsky played great games. Avery got a lot of chances bringing the puck up the middle, especially in the 3rd.

The first Caps goal pissed me off too, Henrik had NO chance.

And I'm starting to realize that Caps fans are like Redskin fans (obviously I know) and its fuckin annoying. Now all the sudden 30 seconds after the final buzzer, there going to beat the Wings

I gotta tell you guys tho, I get so nervous every time Ovi has the puck. The way he handles the puck is so intimidating, you have no idea what he's going to do. Then you got Mr. Jizz and the mighty passer Backstrom to account for too. Mike Green played an awful game, this whole series he's been off. The man doesn't shoot when he should shoot like he did in the season, or get rid of the puck when Korpikovski and Dubinsky.

Caps/Pens
    GO CAPS. After last years series of watching Cry Baby and Malkin I hate that team with a passion. I have never seen two players on the same team that I can't stand. Cry Baby speaks for himself. Malkin is just a dirty player, and he just has that face I wanna punch.

I see the Pens in 6. Varlamov will finally be tested against a fast offensive team like his own. He will face 30 shots on average a game, and a bunch more chances will come up. Plus the Penns have the experience level.

CANES!!!
    SO GREAT TO SEE MARTY GO DOWN...what a LOSER

Dude...the Canes could make a run. I don't think Boston is that good, I really don't. They probably thought Montreal was easy but with that mind set, I can see them going down 2-0 in the series.

That said, Boston in 7

Ducks/Wings is a great match-up too, probably the best series besides caps/pens. The goal-tending is going to be great. Wings in 7

Hawks/Canucks
    Hawks in 5 (Hawks are my sleeper for the cup finals ;)

Back the Rangers...

Bye to Naslund, he won't be able to last with Tort's style...plus he doesn't skate
    Bye to Zherdev, how much are we paying him? What has he done since game 20? Why doesn't he clear the puck, or shoot the puck, or tip the fuckin puck in the wide open net to make it 3-2 instead of 4-1 in game 6.

Redden, I'm giving you one more year just because of the investment
    Gomez, I liked the way he played this series, some dumb mistakes but he hustled and hit Ovie a lot...but use him as trade bait, see what we can get
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    I guess we all saw this coming. They couldn't score all season. Wish we had Jagr there.
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 wrote:
    I guess we all saw this coming. They couldn't score all season. Wish we had Jagr there.

No.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    Sathers Mess

Pos / Player/ 2008-09 / 2009-10 / 2010-11 / 2011-12 / 2012-13 / 2013-14 / 2014-15

1 C Scott Gomez 7.357 7.357 7.357 7.357 7.357 7.357 UFA
    2 C Chris Drury 7.050 7.050 7.050 7.050 UFA
    3 G Henrik Lundqvist 6.875 6.875 6.875 6.875 6.875 6.875 UFA
    4 D Wade Redden 6.500 6.500 6.500 6.500 6.500 6.500 UFA
    5 D Michal Rozsival 5.000 5.000 5.000 5.000 UFA
    6 LW Markus Naslund 4.000 4.000 UFA
    7 D Derek Morris 3.917 UFA
    8 RW Nikolai Zherdev 2.500 RFA
    9 RW Nik Antropov 2.050 UFA
    10 D Paul Mara 1.950 UFA
    11 C Sean Avery 1.900 1.900 1.900 1.900 UFA
    12 D Dan Girardi 1.550 1.550 RFA