B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    panic button has been pressed.

tough game last night. early on i had a gut feeling that the rangers wouldn't win that one. the game just kinda had one of those feelings.

no penalty on the play after the whistle in which the carolina player dropped his gloves and punched antropov in the face? what's going on there?
    I wouldn't have called a penalty in favor of Frankenleaf, either.
  • gonna be honest my friends the way they're playing lately is so aggravating i dont know if i can stand to watch them in the playoffs if they squeek in
    MSG II 6/25/08
  • jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    As a Bruins fan, I gotta ask what's wrong with Avery? Casually smacking B's goalie in the back of the head from behind during a TV time out. He's got solid skills, just not that bright.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    jmurray wrote:
    As a Bruins fan, I gotta ask what's wrong with Avery? Casually smacking B's goalie in the back of the head from behind during a TV time out. He's got solid skills, just not that bright.

are you really shocked by averys antics ?
    still?

Oh and BTW we here in NY are thinking the exact same thing about Lucic.

He clearly stuck his leg out on Antropov for a knee on knee
    to take our sole big man from out of the game.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Dissident67Dissident67 Posts: 568
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    jmurray wrote:

still?

yeah avery's antics really shouldnt shock anyone, and i would have to agree about lucic sticking his leg out. but it looks like this season is going to end poorly, maybe in the offseason we can get a gift and dolan will finally fire glen sather.
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    jmurray wrote:

still?

Not shocked at all, more surprised the Rangers would bring him back. They did a good job otherwise at the deadline.

Lucic is guilty of the leg check and an occasional hit from behind, but they don't compare with a stick to that back of a goalie's head and talking shit about former girlfriend's now with other player's.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    jmurray wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    jmurray wrote:

still?

Not shocked at all, more surprised the Rangers would bring him back. They did a good job otherwise at the deadline.

Lucic is guilty of the leg check and an occasional hit from behind, but they don't compare with a stick to that back of a goalie's head and talking shit about former girlfriend's now with other player's.

how can you compare a tap to the back of a goalie's helmet to a player sticking his leg out for a knee on knee collision that could severely end a career? and in addition, you are also saying that an interview is more harmful as well?

keep drinking bettman's kool-aid.
    jmurray wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

still?

how can you compare a tap to the back of a goalie's helmet to a player sticking his leg out for a knee on knee collision that could severely end a career? and in addition, you are also saying that an interview is more harmful as well?

keep drinking bettman's kool-aid.
    Lucic is a tough guy when it suits him (i.e. he finds someone smaller than him), although he isn't typically known for dirty hits like a knee on knee.
    Avery is still a douche.
    Everyone loves their own tough guys but hates the one of the other team. They may see each other in the 1st round. Seems to go beyond those two incidents when they threw him under the bus in Dallas, maybe not a great guy in the room.

Don't remember Lucic shying away from anyone over his 1st two seasons, except Laraque in Montreal, because his hand was broken.

Screw Bettman, should have stayed in the NBA nearly ruined the league by over expanding it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYXuiCxtnEs
    jmurray wrote:
    Everyone loves their own tough guys but hates the one of the other team. They may see each other in the 1st round. Seems to go beyond those two incidents when they threw him under the bus in Dallas, maybe not a great guy in the room.

Don't remember Lucic shying away from anyone over his 1st two seasons, except Laraque in Montreal, because his hand was broken.

Screw Bettman, should have stayed in the NBA nearly ruined the league by over expanding it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYXuiCxtnEs
    Of course everyone hates the other guys' tough guy(s). Lucic had a cut hand, not a broken hand.

I doubt there's a whole lot of love among the Rangers for Avery.
    seriously? at this point... if missing the playoffs this year means sather gets fired, then i am all for the rangers missing out. i think that's an exchange any ranger fan would take. the only team i can see them beating first round is the devils, and no way in hell are the rangers getting out of the 8th spot.
    Well the odds are certainly for you tonight.
    Most of the Habs looked absolutely exhausted last night, and we lost 50% of our PP and our best defensemen. Not good.
    Rygar wrote:
    Most of the Habs looked absolutely exhausted last night, and we lost 50% of our PP and our best defensemen. Not good.

nothing is ever a given with this NYR team. expect the rangers to not show up either tonight.
    Rygar wrote:

nothing is ever a given with this NYR team. expect the rangers to not show up either tonight.
    That's what I'm hoping for, but I don't know if I've ever seen a team so schizophrenic as this season's Habs.
    Nice brain fart, Komisarek...
    That's probably the game winner right there. Nevermind. Shitty goal to tie it but I'll take it any day of the week.
    Rygar wrote:
    That's probably the game winner right there. Nevermind. Shitty goal to tie it but I'll take it any day of the week.

hey, just be lucky it's not the 9-0 game that the islanders are playing in right now. ouch.

did you enjoy the antropov goal? assisted by everyone's favorite douche bag.
  • InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    lukin55 wrote:
    Ohh myyyy
    20 throw down in my best bridge
    and the man to my left has folded down
    well johnny doubled up with a royal flush
    i had three jacks and a pair of nines
    my mind is turning - just two shots more
    there's not much left to play
    well then dude walks in, black hat on top
    what am i, if i'm lucky
    wasn't a county cop
    cause i'm just runnin out of time
    Who's up for game two
    what to do
    my wallet's gettin thin
    and i just lost my watch last night
    well i gotta problem
    just one answer
    gotta throw it all down
    and kiss it goodbye
    Yeah!
    That was a crazy game of poker
    (That was a crazy game of poker)
    I lost it all
    (I lost it all)
    but someday i'll be back again
    And I, never to fold.
    (never to fold)
    Who's up for game three
    i can barely see the bourbon drowning next to me
    And i just lost it all
    well there's a man sittin next to me
    Red, was smiling
    cause its funny
    i don't have no money tonight
    yeaaaaaaaahhhhhhh
    That was a crazy game of poker
    (That was a crazy game of poker)
    I lost it all
    (I lost it all)
    but someday i'll be back again
    And I, never to fold.
    (never to fold)
    Bop bop bop...
    I say now skittleedat dat,
    Well how bout that?
    I'm coming out the front never coming out the back
    And I walked into the bar yesterday
    Cause I had something to do, something to say
    And Johnny walked in right behind me and I didn't turn around
    Til I heard the sound of his feet falling on the ground
    I looked over my shoulder and I saw a clown
    And I said what'cha doin' in the bar tonight.
    So I said Johnny whatcha doing tonight?
    He looked at me with a face full of fright
    And I said, how bout a revolution?
    And he said right.
    I say of, you say a
    I say revolution, and you say die
    I say of, you say a
    I say revolution, and you say die dah dah
    Day day oh!
    And I said, what'cha looking at?
    He hit me across the face with a bat
    I grabbed my .45 and I said let's get out and go
    So he opened the door and said do what you're here for
    I said I'm wandering round the road four to four
    And I said I been walking for about a thousand years.
    And my feet are growing tired
    My eyes a little wired
    Don't know what to do unless I retire
    And he just said let's play some crazy poker
    And he said right.
    I say of, you say a
    I say of, you say a
    Day day oh!
    I said that, was the craziest game of poker that I ever saw
    I said that, was the craziest game of poker that I ever saw
    But I'm not gonna quit and I'm not gonna stop
    Don't give a shit cause I got the drop
    Johnny just got two eyes just like mine
    And I'm feeling kinda funky, kinda fine
    And I drank a bottle of whiskey, 'fore I came
    Came to the bar to see what's the same
    I saw my man named Johnny sittin' across the table from me
    And to my left was a man, he had no chin
    Didn't really think about starting a scene
    The man to my right wasn't feeling kinda nice
    He looked kinda mad and I felt bad
    Beacuse I took his money last night it's kinda funny
    But now I'm just struggling--
    I need a honey-bunny.
    I don't know what to say anymore
    So I'm just gonna go out, anywho...
    And he said right.
    I say of, you say a
    I say of, you say a
    I say of, you say a
    I say of, you say a
    Day day oh

rrrrrr are you for real?
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
    Rygar wrote:

hey, just be lucky it's not the 9-0 game that the islanders are playing in right now. ouch.

Missed the Frankenleaf goal.
    Nice Avery chant. Classy.
    Rygar wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

Missed the Frankenleaf goal.
    Nice Avery chant. Classy.

you can't expect ranger fans to hate a guy that their team won't win without (except lundqvist).

buffalo bounced from the race with a rangers win. just down to the state that shouldn't have a hockey team.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Rygar wrote:

I was at that Canes v. Isles game. It was the least competitive hockey game I have every seen. Canes outshot them 57 - 12. They just continued to beat the corpse even after it was clearly dead. We are rooting for the Blueshirts down here. We need you guys to get a couple of wins over Philly this week so we can land that 4th playoff spot and home ice in the 1st Round.
    Brian

you can't expect ranger fans to hate a guy that their team won't win without (except lundqvist).

buffalo bounced from the race with a rangers win. just down to the state that shouldn't have a hockey team.
    And it's just as mind boggling that he has that effect as it is that everyone can overlook the fact that he is a dispicable little coward. His teammates don't like him, why should you. ;)

Anywho, moving on. The game went more or less as I expected. Montreal showed a little more life in the first period than I was expecting (offensively, at least). Two games left and, no offense, there's a lot less chance of getting points out of those then there was last night. I hope Halak plays 'em both!
    Rygar wrote:

And it's just as mind boggling that he has that effect as it is that everyone can overlook the fact that he is a dispicable little coward. His teammates don't like him, why should you. ;)

Anywho, moving on. The game went more or less as I expected. Montreal showed a little more life in the first period than I was expecting (offensively, at least). Two games left and, no offense, there's a lot less chance of getting points out of those then there was last night. I hope Halak plays 'em both!

we're gunning for your 7 spot. even though i'd rather play boston first round than washington. tough two games against philly coming up... why do i envision a ranger going down with an injury in one of the two? going to be some hard fought games.

i can't imagine montreal not starting halak against boston. price was pretty suspect last night.
    Rygar wrote:

we're gunning for your 7 spot. even though i'd rather play boston first round than washington. tough two games against philly coming up... why do i envision a ranger going down with an injury in one of the two? going to be some hard fought games.

i can't imagine montreal not starting halak against boston. price was pretty suspect last night.
    Well 7th is yours if you want it. You just need 2 pts cause we're el finito.
    That's how Price has been all year. Started out good, got better, got injured, came back and was unbelievably bad. Started getting good again, got the flu, came back and was unbelievably bad. The last two weeks he's been amazing, got the flu, came back, and wtf was he doing last night....
    Frankenleaf is a walking, skating, stumbling injury. If you're going to get one, I'd look at him.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    PLAYOFFS BABY!!!
    I miss igotid88
    i've been pretty critical of drury all season, but damn... he has stepped up the past few games and really took charge. he played another very impressive game tonight, talk about putting it all on the line.

love staal's physical play, he has been knocking players on their ass like no other lately.

i still think we fair better against boston than washington first round. i think the smart move would be for vally to start sunday and give hank the day off to rest up. right now we sit 7th, really hope we end up 8th to be honest.
    6a00d8341c5af953ef011570117ff7970b-400wi
    platessmall.jpg
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    YES! Great final game!!!
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • way to prevent philly from home ice! what a way to go into the playoffs

i love how much avery is able to get under philly's skin.
    MSG II 6/25/08
    OK

lets look ahead

i think we can beat Caps in a 7 game series,...., ( even with the mighty O ) ,

by virtue of goaltending alone.
    platessmall.jpg
    Wednesday, April 15 7 p.m. NY Rangers at Washington MSG
    Saturday, April 18 1 p.m. NY Rangers at Washington NBC
    Monday, April 20 7 p.m. Washington at NY Rangers VERSUS
    Wednesday, April 22 7 p.m. Washington at NY Rangers VERSUS