B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• on another topic, if you're watching the maple leaf game, you're seeing why ryan hollweg is an ex-ranger. he hit someone from behind with the leafs up 3-0. that drew a five-minute power play and the Blues score twice to tie it up.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    http://www.blueshirtbulletin.com/

October 13, 2008
    Cherepanov Tragedy
    Ranger draftee Alexei Cherepanov tragically died during his club's game in Russia tonight, according to various sources confirmed by an announcement by the Rangers. Initial unconfirmed reports say that the collision took place during a shift change with former Ranger Jaromir Jagr, who was distraught as his young protege collapsed and went into cardiac arrest. But Omsk coach Reg Fleming told TSN.ca that Cherepanov collapsed on the bench and that he could not connect it to any specific event that happened during the game. Problems getting an ambulance and working defibrillator appear to have contributed to the problem. Our deepest sympathies to the young man's family, friends, and teammates.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • ^ i just read that about cherepanov. it is such a tragedy no matter what team you're a fan of.

RIP alexei
    MSG II 6/25/08
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    So sad. Just came home to read it.
    I miss igotid88
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    awesome game. great work all around.

their 5-3 was their low point!
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    5-0
    I miss igotid88
    Diablows a tough test for us?
    with Bobby Holik ?
    Mar- tin Brodeur ?

dont make us laugh
    they didnt show up

Tampa Bay in Prague , with a time difference and back to back was a tougher test for us really :)

how good is Dubi lookin ' ?

im wondering if we will see prucha again or will he be traded away ?

here in ny,....news updates on WFAN have implied that there may have been negligence in the initial treatement to cherepanov, ( no defibs or ambulances nearby )-- making a bad situation even worse.

[size=+3] Lets Go 6-0 Rangers [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    Diablows a tough test for us?
    with Bobby Holik ?
    Mar- tin Brodeur ?

dont make us laugh
    they didnt show up

Tampa Bay in Prague , with a time difference and back to back was a tougher test for us really :)

how good is Dubi lookin ' ?

im wondering if we will see prucha again or will he be traded away ?

here in ny,....news updates on WFAN have implied that there may have been negligence in the initial treatement to cherepanov, ( no defibs or ambulances nearby )-- making a bad situation even worse.

I'd be curious to see prucha on the third line with callahan and let lauri korpokowsi sit for a few games or even go back to hartford.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    UPDATE: Just spoke to a Russian TV journalist here at the Garden and was told that from back home, as far he has heard, Cherepanov did in fact collide with a teammate, but that it wasn't Jagr -- Jagr was however sitting next to Cherepanov on the bench when he collapsed.

UPDATE [8:00]: Jagr spoke to the Rangers by phone and said that there was no collision on which Cherepanov was hurt. He said he and Cherepanov had just come off the ice after an unsuccessful two on one and were on the bench talking when he just collapsed. He was at one point revived and was aware of his surroundings, but when the defibrillator was brought in, its batter was dead, according a Russian reporter.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    that's awful!
    I love to turn you on
  • Rangers looking pretty damn good. Loving Voros already.

RIP
    Alexei Cherepanov
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    i dont think its ever been done before-

we've only tied the best start ever going 5-0

break another milestone as well as shut down the sabres.

interesting that we've got drury anmd kalinin - ( i think ) both ex sabres.

[size=+3] Lets Go 6-0 Rangers [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
    Rangers Go After History Tonight @ The Garden

Dubinsky_B_1014_action_bl.jpg

By Jim Cerny, newyorkrangers.com

When they square off with the Buffalo Sabres at Madison Square Garden tonight, the Rangers will look to accomplish something that no other Blueshirts squad has done in the long history of the organization -- start a season with six consecutive victories.

Having won five straight games since the first drop of the puck in Prague against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Oct. 4, the Rangers equaled the best start in franchise history with an impressive 4-1 victory over the New Jersey Devils on Monday evening at MSG. With that win, the Blueshirts now have recorded a pair of victories in Prague, two at The Garden, and one on the road, cumulatively outscoring the opposition 16-8 along the way.

Center Brandon Dubinsky is tied for Rangers' scoring lead with three goals and seven points in the first five games. His co-leader is linemate Aaron Voros.
    “We haven’t been perfect, even though our record is perfect, so we have to remember how we got ourselves here with all the hard work,” said goaltender Henrik Lundqvist, who has surrendered just five goals in his first four starts this season. “To start off the season like this is a good feeling; and right now we are just going to try and make this go as far as possible.”

The Rangers, who allowed the fifth-fewest goals in the National Hockey League last season, are once again playing stifling defense in 1008-09, and that certainly has been the backbone to the club’s successful start to the season.

In addition, the Rangers’ specialty teams have been dominant, as the club has yet to allow a power play goal in 21 times shorthanded, and its own power play has notched five goals with the man advantage, several of which have been game-changing, or game-deciding, scores.

“Both units have been excellent, and that’s a credit to Perry (Pearn), who knows what I like to see in both cases,” Rangers head coach Tom Renney said, referring to his assistant, who is in charge of running the special teams. “We have personnel that badly wants to execute what we think will work. And you have to pay a price, and certainly the guys are doing that right now.”

What has also stood out in the season’s first five games is the club’s tremendous overall work ethic and commitment, which has been obvious not only during special-teams play, but in even-strength battles, as well. During a summer of sweeping change for the Rangers organization, that is the one area Renney hoped to see most from his club this year.

“I think our guys recognize that it’s a very special year for lots of reasons,” said Renney. “We don’t have some very good players here with us anymore, and some good men that are not with us. And I think those in our leadership group have really decided they have to step up and respond accordingly.”

Long before the club headed to Europe to begin the new season, the Rangers head coach saw something special in his core group of players.

“Guys like Chris (Drury) and Scotty (Gomez) were here in very early September, with Henrik shortly after that, and all of a sudden there’s this congregation of contract players here by the 7th or 8th of September working their butts off every single day on the ice, off the ice (prior to the start of training camp), with their commitment to being in great shape and having a great attitude, and that takes on a life of its own,” said Renney.

Lundqvist does not disagree with his coach, but he also believes that the newcomers to the team deserve a lot of credit for the Rangers’ early success, too.

“We have a lot of new guys, who obviously want to show that they’re the right man for the job, and they want to keep their spot, and they have to work hard to do that,” noted Lundqvist. “And then you have all of the young guys who feel more responsible for what’s going on out there this year.”

Standing in the way of the current Rangers squad’s spot in the record books is a Buffalo Sabres team that has played very stingy defense in winning its first two matches of the season. The Sabres, backstopped by Ryan Miller, beat the Canadiens 2-1 in a shootout last Friday night, and then blitzed the Islanders 7-1 with Patrick Lalime in goal on Monday on Long Island.

Miller likely will start against the Rangers tonight; and he will be looking for some payback after dropping all four starts against the Blueshirts last season, while accumulating a very high 3.68 goals against average in those contests. Of course, it was the Rangers who sought retribution against Miller and his Buffalo teammates a year ago after the Sabres had bounced the Blueshirts from the playoffs in the spring of 2007.

The Rangers will need to be aware of Buffalo winger Thomas Vanek tonight. The talented Vanek has started quickly this season with two goals and five points in the first two games. However the Rangers will catch a break, because the Sabres will play without three of their centermen -- Jochen Hecht, Tim Connolly, and Paul Gaustad -- who are all nursing injuries.

“We’re focused on that first period of the Buffalo game, not on setting any records,” stated center Brandon Dubinsky. “We’re going to treat every game like it’s important.”

After the Blueshirts host Buffalo on Wednesday, they will welcome the Toronto Maple Leafs into MSG on Friday night, the front end of back-to-back weekend matches that concludes with a tilt against the Red Wings in Detroit on Saturday.
    platessmall.jpg
  • BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    blah blah blah
    sorry folks but the streak ends tonight .hahahahha

i just have one question . you guys have kalinin , is he playing alot and if so do you hate him yet for turning the puck over on a consistent basis ? goodluck with him .

i hope its a good game tonight with my Sabs coming out on top of course but i guess id like to see more than anuthing how my team stacks up to the best team in the nhl so far.

Are the rangers better because Jagr is gone ?
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

CONGRATS TO LINDY ON HIS 400th win !!!!!!!!!! :)
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,

Are the rangers better because Jagr is gone ?

yes.
    bummer.

what the hell was mara thinking?

good to see prucha out there. wish he was able to finish a few of those plays in the 3rd.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    what the hell was mara thinking?
    Specifically?
    Rygar wrote:
    Specifically?

in the 2nd, he was playing the puck along the boards and got hit by a buffalo player. mara didn't like the hit so he immediately dropped his gloves and started pummeling the guy. automatic 5 minute major/game misconduct. the other guy didn't drop his gloves, so it gave buffalo a 5 minute power play where they scored their 2nd goal.
    in the 2nd, he was playing the puck along the boards and got hit by a buffalo player. mara didn't like the hit so he immediately dropped his gloves and started pummeling the guy. automatic 5 minute major/game misconduct. the other guy didn't drop his gloves, so it gave buffalo a 5 minute power play where they scored their 2nd goal.
    I'm no Ranger fan, but that was Mara's revenge, and well deserved.

Last time Kaleta hit him was a bit of a blindside - broke some facial bones, required surgery...
    Rygar wrote:
    I'm no Ranger fan, but that was Mara's revenge, and well deserved.

yeah, i am actually reading up on it more, i didn't realize that was kaleta that fractured a bone in mara's face last year.

well deserved, but def. cost the team in a tie game w/ more than half a game to play. he would have had opportunities for revenge later in the game.
    yeah, i am actually reading up on it more, i didn't realize that was kaleta that fractured a bone in mara's face last year.

well deserved, but def. cost the team in a tie game w/ more than half a game to play. he would have had opportunities for revenge later in the game.
    Didn't cost you the game, but it didn't help.
    Can't win 'em all. You gotta play Detroit on Saturday, isn't it? Two pts Friday though ;)
    Rygar wrote:
    Didn't cost you the game, but it didn't help.
    Can't win 'em all. You gotta play Detroit on Saturday, isn't it? Two pts Friday though ;)

can't wait for friday. going to my first game of the season & it should be an easy two points.

detroit on saturday. it will be interesting to see how renney handles lundqvist and valiquette in back to back games again. the smart move would be to rest lundqvist for saturday.

dallas on monday too.
    can't wait for friday. going to my first game of the season & it should be an easy two points.

detroit on saturday. it will be interesting to see how renney handles lundqvist and valiquette in back to back games again. the smart move would be to rest lundqvist for saturday.

dallas on monday too.
    Agreed, play the B-squad on Friday. Detroit's been iffy so far, IMO, but why take chances...
  • BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    it was Keleata ... mara didnt even give him a chance to drop his stick ....

Lets Go Rangers
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Lets hope we can bounce back tonight after our first loss , in another original 6 matchup , plus the Laffs are without Mr Sundin .

Lets Go Rangers
    I'd laugh if you lost to the Laffs, but they DID beat Detroit so I guess anything can happen.
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    BUFFALO wrote:
    it was Keleata ... mara didnt even give him a chance to drop his stick ....
    yea that was def payback for last yrs hit on Mara from Kaleta! He desrved that beatdown

anyways..lets get back on track boys! 6-1's our goal!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
    Valli in nets tonight

no korpi or prucha,

dawes and fritsche are in .

:eek:
    platessmall.jpg
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Isn't it a bummer Hollweg can't play tonight to run a Ranger from behind hehe j/k in what would have been his first against his former team.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013