B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    I hope I can catch my boys somewhere on the road

2 and 0 Blueshirts and 4 and 0 Big Blue :D

its a beautiful thing so far
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • stickboy wrote:
    I hope I can catch my boys somewhere on the road

2 and 0 Blueshirts and 4 and 0 Big Blue :D

its a beautiful thing so far

NY rules, Sticky, hurry back soon !!!

Hope all is well and you remain safe. Thursday is my payday, so I can either donate to your cause or somehow get something to you for food, etc. Just let me know how to do the latter if needed.
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"
    NY rules, Sticky, hurry back soon !!!

Hope all is well and you remain safe. Thursday is my payday, so I can either donate to your cause or somehow get something to you for food, etc. Just let me know how to do the latter if needed.
    well of course NY rules! And i'm sure in time I'll be back..there always comes a time when I get away that theres certain things I wind up missing about NY.

Donate to the cause and to the people we're doing this for...I'll be fine foodwise, don't worry about me
    Thank you tho...you're a sweetheart! ;)
  • MSG II 6/25/08
    sweet!
    Captain Chris Drury..I like that! :)
  • I ordered NHL Center Ice last night :)
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813

nice piece - thanks for sharing- i never check yahoo sports.

from the Bulletin

October 09, 2008
    Juggling Wingers, Swinging Sticks, and Dropping Pucks
    While the Rangers were shuffling around their wingers, another famous winger continued to wait for an offer to join their swollen ranks. Aaron Voros moved up to second line left wing, Nigel Dawes was bumped down to the third line, and Petr Prucha sank to the morass of extras who will fill the one vacated slot on the fourth line. With another day of practice today, there is still time for coach Tom Renney to continue to move his pawns around the chess board.

Brendan Shanahan is still not one of those many wingers as he continues to wait for an offer from Glen Sather, who still has no room to sign him under the salary cap. Reports on the Shanahan situation abound -- see the Journal News, Record, Rangers Report, Ranger Rants, Blue Notes, and Blueshirts Blog. In other reading, see Newsday on Gomez, the Daily News on Redden, NHL.com on Brian Leetch, SI.com on the Original Six teams' prospects this season, and Beyond the Blueshirts translating an article betraying some sour grapes about the games in Prague.

As for the upcoming weekend games, two developments -- Ben Eager, who always relished running Rangers in his seasons with the Flyers, is now with Chicago, but will not play in the Garden opener tomorrow night after being suspended for trying to injure Sean Avery in a pre-season game by swinging his stick at the former Ranger superpest from the bench. And when the Rangers visit Philly for their season opener, Republican VP candidate and self-professed hockey mom Sarah Palin will drop the ceremonial first puck. With the Flyers bringing politics to hockey, we'd love to bring hockey to politics, but we'll refrain (as does Ranger Rants), other than wondering how Palin feels about being more of a soon-to-be hockey mom-in-law than a hockey mom these days.

And down on the farm, two players, one under contract to Hartford and one trying out for an NHL job, have left the team to return to Russia -- Sergei Demagin, the Belarussian forward who has had a good pre-season, and Maxim Kondratiev, the one-time Ranger who failed in his training camp bid to return to the NHL and who has never been keen on playing in the AHL when he could play back home. For more, see Howlings. See the Hartford Courant, Wolf Pack Weekly, and Howlings for additional Wolf Pack news. In other prospect reading, see the Daily News for a feature on Carl Hagelin and Prospect Park for an update on last night's action.

Avery still up to his old tricks, getting an opposition player to swing their stick at him, in pre - season no less,...:eek:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    nice piece - thanks for sharing- i never check yahoo sports.

from the Bulletin

October 09, 2008
    Juggling Wingers, Swinging Sticks, and Dropping Pucks
    While the Rangers were shuffling around their wingers, another famous winger continued to wait for an offer to join their swollen ranks. Aaron Voros moved up to second line left wing, Nigel Dawes was bumped down to the third line, and Petr Prucha sank to the morass of extras who will fill the one vacated slot on the fourth line. With another day of practice today, there is still time for coach Tom Renney to continue to move his pawns around the chess board.

Brendan Shanahan is still not one of those many wingers as he continues to wait for an offer from Glen Sather, who still has no room to sign him under the salary cap. Reports on the Shanahan situation abound -- see the Journal News, Record, Rangers Report, Ranger Rants, Blue Notes, and Blueshirts Blog. In other reading, see Newsday on Gomez, the Daily News on Redden, NHL.com on Brian Leetch, SI.com on the Original Six teams' prospects this season, and Beyond the Blueshirts translating an article betraying some sour grapes about the games in Prague.

As for the upcoming weekend games, two developments -- Ben Eager, who always relished running Rangers in his seasons with the Flyers, is now with Chicago, but will not play in the Garden opener tomorrow night after being suspended for trying to injure Sean Avery in a pre-season game by swinging his stick at the former Ranger superpest from the bench. And when the Rangers visit Philly for their season opener, Republican VP candidate and self-professed hockey mom Sarah Palin will drop the ceremonial first puck. With the Flyers bringing politics to hockey, we'd love to bring hockey to politics, but we'll refrain (as does Ranger Rants), other than wondering how Palin feels about being more of a soon-to-be hockey mom-in-law than a hockey mom these days.

And down on the farm, two players, one under contract to Hartford and one trying out for an NHL job, have left the team to return to Russia -- Sergei Demagin, the Belarussian forward who has had a good pre-season, and Maxim Kondratiev, the one-time Ranger who failed in his training camp bid to return to the NHL and who has never been keen on playing in the AHL when he could play back home. For more, see Howlings. See the Hartford Courant, Wolf Pack Weekly, and Howlings for additional Wolf Pack news. In other prospect reading, see the Daily News for a feature on Carl Hagelin and Prospect Park for an update on last night's action.

Avery still up to his old tricks, getting an opposition player to swing their stick at him, in pre - season no less,...:eek:

good, i don't want to see a player like eager wasting time during the game. by the NHL must love that in SI's hockey preview, the featured article is about fighting.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • I will be there tomorrow night baby!

Section 230!
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• I'll be there too!
  • who's pumped to see some blue jerseys on garden ice tonight? say I!

I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MSG II 6/25/08
  • ButchNJButchNJ Posts: 13
    who's pumped to see some blue jerseys on garden ice tonight? say I!

I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be there...can't wait!
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    and we'll see you guys on Saturday night! man I love the start of hockey season..Lets go Flyers!
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
    i read in todays paper that the last time the NYR wemt 2-0 in a season was 1979. I wonder when ( or if ) they ever went 3-0 to start one off,....

Lets Go Rangers

[size=+2] Lets Go Rangers
    [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
    lookin good boys! Friday nite fights and Mara's throwing down! :D
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    I like the way they're playing. Wow! First time they started 3-0 since 89-90 season.
    I miss igotid88
  • i am loving that second line. i jumped up and smacked my toe after that dubinsky goal but it was totally worth it.

keep it going into philly tomorrow night boys!
    MSG II 6/25/08
  • for most of the night it was good, except for a sequence when they couldn't clear and it led to Chicago's second goal. That being said, they showed poise and didn't get tense and scored almost right away.

Dubinsky seems to becoming a younger version of Chris Drury with his two game-winners so far.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    let's go for 4 and 0 boys!

Dubinsky indeed is looking like he's gonna be a great Ranger for a looonng time!
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    renney to start valiquette tonight?

give henrik an early rest, plus vali played great against philly last year.
    Big Bathgate & Howell coverage on last nights MSG Broadcast.
    Nice touch- classy oldtimers.
    I really do have to land a pair of tickets for Feb 23rds game against Toronto at the Garden .

[size=+4]
    Lets Go For 4-0 Rangers [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    4-0
    I miss igotid88
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    huge PK and goaltending in the 3rd.

4-0 baby. let's keep this going.
  • who else thinks that mara toughened up in the offseason? he definetely has shown a little more anger in his game to me.

and i like it.
    MSG II 6/25/08
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Great game last night guys..you really took it to us..until the 2nd period when we locked down..but your team came out with the win so congrats...see you in February
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
    who else thinks that mara toughened up in the offseason? he definetely has shown a little more anger in his game to me.

and i like it.

not only that , but I seem to remember the guy taking less money to play here, and in order to stay here in NYC.

Gotta love Dubi taking on the fighting penalty- i liked him rolling up his sleeves and knocking off his helmet.
    platessmall.jpg
    what the hell was Sara Palin doing there with her 2 daughters ?
    With all The Alaskans on NYR, it seems that her appearance wouldve made more sense up at The Garden ,.......just saying ,.....
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    what the hell was Sara Palin doing there with her 2 daughters ?
    With all The Alaskans on NYR, it seems that her appearance wouldve made more sense up at The Garden ,.......just saying ,.....

well if new york was considered a swing state, it might have happened but new york is historically a democratic voting state in the presidential elections so republicans devote little energy to campaigning here.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    not only that , but I seem to remember the guy taking less money to play here, and in order to stay here in NYC.

Gotta love Dubi taking on the fighting penalty- i liked him rolling up his sleeves and knocking off his helmet.

yup, mara did sign with the rangers for less.

and palin was there because some big cheese in the flyers organization is a big GOP contributor
    MSG II 6/25/08
    Dan Fritsche will make his Ranger debut as third line left winger in place of Pat Rissmiller, whose ankle is hurting after a spill the other day (Petr Prucha and Nigel Dawes are the other scratches again).
    platessmall.jpg