B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    While the Ranger brain trust is in evaluation mode pending Friday's first set of cuts, they have had to evaluate players in a catch-22 situation -- by definition, every unit other than the first unit is playing in a situation that above the level they are expected to play in during the regular season, and even the first unit is not playing in an environment where the full team is available to be what it is meant to be (for example, they have to kill penalties, something they will not have to do as much of, if at all, when the full team is together). And when do they get to work on systems play if they can't get the full team, or a reasonable facsimile, together against a meaningful opponent? Last night, coach Tom Renney admitted that his goal-challenged team hasn't even begun to address their offense.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • just announced that Grachev was sent to Hartford and Del Zotto and Kundratek to their junior clubs.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    nedved released:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3611739

i thought he looked pretty good in the 3 games he played, but i am not too suprised he was released.

i would have liked him on the team, i thought he could have brought alot of good traits to the table.

ah well, so ends his NHL career.
    nedved released:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3611739

i thought he looked pretty good in the 3 games he played, but i am not too suprised he was released.

i would have liked him on the team, i thought he could have brought alot of good traits to the table.

ah well, so ends his NHL career.

adios petr

back to the czech republic.
    in al the interviews isaw with him he acknowledged that this would most likely happen ( as to opposed to him actually making the squad ) .

maybe theyll drop him off with the planeride
    over to prague for the 2 season openers.

the youth has prevailed at camp
    that is until the final cuts.
    :eek:

who will it be ?

:confused:
    platessmall.jpg
    from the Blueshirt Bulletin :

September 29, 2008
    Rangers Practice in Bern
    UPDATE: Thomas Pock claimed by Islanders. This is actually a good thing for the Rangers, for Pock, and probably for the Islanders. For Pock, obviously, he has a chance to play in the NHL. For the Islanders, anything is an improvement at this point. And for the Rangers? Now they don't have to pay Pock, given that they already decided he was not going to make the team, and they do not have to worry about a cap hit should they ever have had to put him through re-entry waivers.
    platessmall.jpg
    2 more days till the season begins.

to me, it wont really begin until the Blueshirts are back in the States and playing to the Garden Faithful on 34th between 7th amd 8th .
    :)

[size=+2]
    Lets Go Rangers [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    2 more days till the season begins.

to me, it wont really begin until the Blueshirts are back in the States and playing to the Garden Faithful on 34th between 7th amd 8th .
    :)

[size=+2]
    Lets Go Rangers [/size]

me neither, but i'm glad it's starting. surprisingly, i'm into the preseason games more than usual.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • "Ladies and gentlemen welcome to madison square garden the world's most famous arena!!!!!"

oh man can i not wait to hear that
    MSG II 6/25/08
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    I drafted King Henrik and Naslund for my fantasy team. Will I be able to sit back and enjoy the spoils of these 2 picks? Who is Naslund going to skate with? Is Lundqvist banged up?
    Brian
    http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.com/blueshirtbulletin/

October 03, 2008
    Paper Cuts
    Corey Potter and Brian Fahey became the last two players cut from the roster to help the Rangers reach the 23-man regular season roster limit by today's noon deadline. That they could both be re-assigned without going through waivers was a major factor in the final decision, according to a Ranger source. And that suggests that the cuts were, for the moment, simply done on paper -- the reality is that Potter and Fahey, neither of whom would have dressed for the season opener anyway, are still with the team in Prague and could instantly be called up should a defenseman get hurt tomorrow night. Indeed, the same is true of Miika Wiikman should a goaltender be needed.

Up front, Lauri Korpikoski appears to have made the team -- he told me today that as far as he knew, he was the Rangers' third line center. It also means that the Rangers will carry his $1.1 million salary without eliminating a veteran forward with a comparable salary, at least for the time being. Once the team returns to New York and the re-assigned players have to physically re-locate to Hartford, the Rangers may make further adjustments, as Renney hinted today during his press conference. They may have to move one of the forwards to make room for a seventh defenseman, forwards who are protected for the next two games from the waiver wire. But Renney will use these two regular season games to further evaluate those extra forwards to see who might stay and who might go.
    NCBRI wrote:
    I drafted King Henrik and Naslund for my fantasy team. Will I be able to sit back and enjoy the spoils of these 2 picks? Who is Naslund going to skate with? Is Lundqvist banged up?

As far as I know, Henrik is fine. ( I also met him last week in NYC - he looked fine and said he was in good shape. Does this stem from a rumour of him receiving a cortisone shot in his kneee(s) ?
    Because I read that was strictly prophylactically done and there were no injuries to report- granted something like that isnt going to be on the front page of the NY Daily News or Post either. So who knows for sure . ? :confused:

Practice lines: Gomez, Drury and Naslund; Dubinsky, Zherdev and Dawes; Korpikoski, Callahan and Sjostrom; Betts, Orr and Voros; Fritsche, Rissmiller and Prucha. Defense pairs remain the same.

this line can possibly score a helluva lotta points- you may win your fantasy league on that pick alone ! Nice ! Good Luck !

cant wait for tomorrow ! totally pumped

[size=+2] Lets Go Rangers !
    [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.com/blueshirtbulletin/

As far as I know, Henrik is fine. ( I also met him last week in NYC - he looked fine and said he was in good shape. Does this stem from a rumour of him receiving a cortisone shot in his kneee(s) ?
    Because I read that was strictly prophylactically done and there were no injuries to report- granted something like that isnt going to be on the front page of the NY Daily News or Post either. So who knows for sure . ? :confused:

Practice lines: Gomez, Drury and Naslund; Dubinsky, Zherdev and Dawes; Korpikoski, Callahan and Sjostrom; Betts, Orr and Voros; Fritsche, Rissmiller and Prucha. Defense pairs remain the same.

this line can possibly score a helluva lotta points- you may win your fantasy league on that pick alone ! Nice ! Good Luck !

cant wait for tomorrow ! totally pumped

[size=+2] Lets Go Rangers !
    [/size]

Yeah, that is probably what I heard about Henrik. Can't remember if it was on the radio or online somewhere. I thought he was the best goalie in hockey last year and drafted him even though I had the chance to keep Brodeur and/or Luongo from last year. And Naslund with Gomez and Drury (your new captain I hear)? I like the sounds of that!

And last question for the Ranger experts. What happened to Andrew Hutchinson? We sent him up there when Cullen was shipped back here to the Canes. Is he still with the Ranger organization? He showed some promise offensively in his limited time here, but didn't see a lot of action on D in even strength situations. He was used primarily on the PP. We were desperately trying to find someone with some semblance of a shot from the point.
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    Yeah, that is probably what I heard about Henrik. Can't remember if it was on the radio or online somewhere. I thought he was the best goalie in hockey last year and drafted him even though I had the chance to keep Brodeur and/or Luongo from last year. And Naslund with Gomez and Drury (your new captain I hear)? I like the sounds of that!

And last question for the Ranger experts. What happened to Andrew Hutchinson? We sent him up there when Cullen was shipped back here to the Canes. Is he still with the Ranger organization? He showed some promise offensively in his limited time here, but didn't see a lot of action on D in even strength situations. He was used primarily on the PP. We were desperately trying to find someone with some semblance of a shot from the point.

i think hutchinson was with the wolfpack, breaking all kinds of records and getting voted best sprortsmanship or something like that down there in hartford - i thinki he evenmtually retired from pro hockey after his contract ran out with wolfpack.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    i think hutchinson was with the wolfpack, breaking all kinds of records and getting voted best sprortsmanship or something like that down there in hartford - i thinki he evenmtually retired from pro hockey after his contract ran out with wolfpack.

he signed with tampa bay in the offseason.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024

I stumbled across this update on Hutchinson after my post here yesterday. Apparently he was put on waivers and will probably be sent to Tampa's AHL affiliate. He may have been AHL defenseman of the year, but I can't believe Tampa gave him a $1 million to sign. That's a lot for a guy who has less than 100 NHL games under his belt. It's not like he is a highly touted draft pick. In fact he was drafted 9 years ago.

But then again, Melrose and the boys in Tampa spent a lot of questionable money this offseason.
    Brian
  • T-minus 3 hours until the season begins! :)

i was waiting for your info on this- somehow i knew that you would know.
    Also- interestingly enough, this very subject ( Hutchinson ) was talked about on todays broadcast from Prague by Sam and Joe.

Al Trautwig is growing even more annoying ! How did this guy score this job ?

1-0 baby
    Dubi gets the game winner.
    St Louis continues to be a NYR killer.
    interesting scrum at the final horn between Drury ad Recci--
    makes things even more interesting for tomorrows matchup
    40 somethin' shots on goal ?
    wow !

looking good,...

[size=+3]
    Lets Go Rangers
    [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    trying to catch the game right now on Gamechannel on nhl.com but its acting up! Think I gotta reregister

:mad:

nvm..free preview from Oct 10th to 12th :(
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • nice game today, i have incredible timing today. i saw the first goal and then the next two because i happened to turn to the game while the giant game was in a commericial.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    nice game today, i have incredible timing today. i saw the first goal and then the next two because i happened to turn to the game while the giant game was in a commericial.
    lookin goood!!
    Redden 2 points, 1 on the PP, Gomez 2 points, 2 and 0 and I likes it! :D
    the new faces making a great first impressions right out of the gates.

hopefully they keep this momentum going after a long ass flight & 4 day layoff and get this going friday again!

love voros dropping the gloves.

80 shots in 2 games!
    the new faces making a great first impressions right out of the gates.

hopefully they keep this momentum going after a long ass flight & 4 day layoff and get this going friday again!

love voros dropping the gloves.

80 shots in 2 games!
    and he assisted on Gomez goal Voros did.

did he win the fight and who'd he go against?
    stickboy wrote:
    and he assisted on Gomez goal Voros did.

did he win the fight and who'd he go against?

he went against ryan malone. it was a fight at center ice, and msg was pretty slow getting the cameras on them. they got a few punches in, then pretty much tackled each other to the ground then the linesmen jumped in.

they dropped their helmets prior to the fight too. if fighters can have a classy move, that sure is it.
    he went against ryan malone. it was a fight at center ice, and msg was pretty slow getting the cameras on them. they got a few punches in, then pretty much tackled each other to the ground then the linesmen jumped in.

they dropped their helmets prior to the fight too. if fighters can have a classy move, that sure is it.
    yea def. I can't stand the ones that fight with their visors on. Thats some real bitch shit!
  • nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    good start for the rangers...

they beat up on the melrose mullets.
    good start for the rangers...

they beat up on the melrose mullets.
    hahah oh man..hope Vinny and them don't start rocking mullets
    even for fun :rolleyes:

this Tyler Kennedy kid looks aight for the Pens too ;)
    stickboy wrote:
    yea def. I can't stand the ones that fight with their visors on. Thats some real bitch shit!

even sam rosen who HATES fighting says guys with visors should either never fight, or drop their helmet. a lot of guys split their knuckles open on those bitches.

if i played, i would def. wear a visor, because come on... it's your eye sight you are talking about. but whenever you fight, you have to drop your helmet to the ice.
    even sam rosen who HATES fighting says guys with visors should either never fight, or drop their helmet. a lot of guys split their knuckles open on those bitches.

if i played, i would def. wear a visor, because come on... it's your eye sight you are talking about. but whenever you fight, you have to drop your helmet to the ice.
    for sure! I would protect my eyes at all costs but if I fight breaks out, man up and take the helmet off..take a black eye like a man! lol
    anyone going to any games this month? i am definitely headed to two, and work permitting one or two more.

should pick a date and arrange a little meet up before hand.
  • looking good through 2 games. i'm really liking this voros fellow. and the fact that redden seems to be getting comfy.

did anyone else enjoy watching the powerplay minus jagr? looks like everyone's shooting more
    MSG II 6/25/08
    whoever said the " Melrose Mullet " comments :

I thought he kinda left the mullet behind and started up on the " Paulie Walnuts " look.

80 - 40 shots on goal in the 2 games !

WOW !

HARD ON THE PUCK , EH ?

we need help in :
    faceoffs and powerplays- other then that , cant really complain getting away with 4 outta 4 points.
    colton orr seems to have really come a long long way-
    get a load o0f him flying around out there- along with betts i think?

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/460f608c-b58f-4cb5-8f30-944a849d04ca.jpg

camnt wait for friday -
    im thinking about scalping for fridays hope opener against the hawks.
    a rare original 6 regular season matchup=- will be good !

[size=+2] Lets Go Rangers [/size]
    platessmall.jpg