B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,239
    Is this what the lines will look like?
    I think this is what it could be, i'm only pondering where Naslund will be, and after looking at this, WE NEED A RIGHT WINGER

1st Line:
    LW: Markus Naslund
    C: Chris Drury (Captain)
    RW: Ryan Callahan
    D: Wade Reddin
    D: Michal Rozsival

2nd Line:
    LW: Petr Prucha
    C: Scott Gomez
    RW: Nikolai Zherdev
    D: Dmitri Kalinin
    D: Marc Staal

3rd Line:
    LW: Nigel Dawes
    C: Brandon Dubinsky
    RW: Fredrik Sjostrom
    D: Thomas Pock
    D: Daniel Girardi

4th Line:
    LW: Patrick Rissmiller
    C: Blair Betts
    RW: Colton Orr
    D:?

not terrible but you only have three defensive pairs in a game. not unreasonable to think it's a playoff lineup that will do some tweaking around the deadline.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    I think this is what it could be, i'm only pondering where Naslund will be, and after looking at this, WE NEED A RIGHT WINGER

1st Line:

2nd Line:

3rd Line:

4th Line:

something tells me their might be alot of tinkering (sp)
  • not terrible but you only have three defensive pairs in a game. not unreasonable to think it's a playoff lineup that will do some tweaking around the deadline.

i know that, i just added it

but we really need a RW for the first line, not that Callahan can't take the roll, I love the guy, but I think he would work better with Gomez
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981

1st Line:

2nd Line:

3rd Line:

4th Line:
    If I'm Tom Renney I try a lil something like this:

Dawes-Dubinsky-Drury
    Naslund-Gomez-Zherdev
    Callahan-Prucha-Korpikoski
    Orr-Betts-Fritsche

*scratched players-Rismiller-Voros, and maybe another prospect or 2

D-men

Redden and Rozsival
    Staal and Girardi
    Kalinin and Mara/Malik

Sanguinetti as backup
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,239
    stickboy wrote:

Dawes-Dubinsky-Drury
    Naslund-Gomez-Zherdev
    Orr-Betts-Fritsche

D-men

Redden and Rozsival
    Staal and Girardi
    Kalinin and Mara/Malik

Sanguinetti as backup

if zherdev has his head on straight, him and gomez will skate up the ice very fast together.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    stickboy wrote:

Dawes-Dubinsky-Drury
    Naslund-Gomez-Zherdev
    Orr-Betts-Fritsche

D-men

Redden and Rozsival
    Staal and Girardi
    Kalinin and Mara/Malik

Sanguinetti as backup

we need to have drury at center where he is most comfy (imo)

but like i said the lines will be interesting in camp
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i'd have dawes on the 2nd line and prucha on the 3rd.
    if zherdev has his head on straight, him and gomez will skate up the ice very fast together.
    that 2nd line if it meshes has the potential of Naslund getting back to 30-40 goal 85-95 point form, Zherdev 30+ goals, 30+assists, and Gomez 100 points
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    we need to have drury at center where he is most comfy (imo)

but like i said the lines will be interesting in camp
    well Dubi can also play wing no? SO just swap Drury and Dubi and I think those lines seem perfect
    1st line-experience, veteran leadership and 2 youngsters waiting to take over and high energy
    2nd line can be extremely lethal
    3rd line is a mystery we dont know what Pruchas gonna bring this yr and Cally and Korpikoski are also question marks
    4th line is what it is ..a good 4th line
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Not only did Henrik Lundqvist take in a Bruce Springsteen and E Street Band show this week in Stockholm, but before the concert, the Rangers goalie met his musical hero. "It was a great experience!" Henrik said.

......" The Ranger had a homecoming,......"
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Wade Redden, a cocaine addict ?

Wade Redden a cocaine addict?
    There are lots of rumours from radio stations and people in Ottawa and in Canada that Wade Redden of the Ottawa Senators is a regular coke user.... I mean he hasn't been playing up to his potential these last two seasons.
    Is he a junkie??? what do you think?
    1 year ago
    Additional Details
    1 year ago

Sens Enforcer is right I should've given some references. For everyoue out there who is enraged by my question...

I don't mean to be serious about this question nor do I actually believe the rumour. But it is creating quite a stir in Ottawa some believe it was created by the local sports radio stations who happen to be quite knowlegeble and often accurate.

Is it just a joke??? probably... but lots of people are trying to figure out y the 6.5 million dollar man is playing so poorly. Maybe the death of his mother has something to do with it??
    1 year ago

Sens Enforcer is right I should've given some references. For everyoue out there who is outraged by my question...

I don't mean to be serious about this question nor do I actually believe the rumour. But it is creating quite a stir in Ottawa some believe it was created by the local sports radio stations who happen to be quite knowlegeble and often accurate.

Is it just a joke??? probably... but lots of people are trying to figure out y the 6.5 million dollar man is playing so poorly. Maybe the death of his mother has something to do with it??

Redden always looks so frail and weak and sick... I believe these rumours are being created to put pressure on Redden to want out and wave his no-trade clause. That way ottawa will be liberated of his team leading 6.5 MILLION $$$$$.

this is a huge concern to me,

and alot of money invested herein ,.....

thoughts ?
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Wade Redden, a cocaine addict ?

Wade Redden a cocaine addict?
    There are lots of rumours from radio stations and people in Ottawa and in Canada that Wade Redden of the Ottawa Senators is a regular coke user.... I mean he hasn't been playing up to his potential these last two seasons.
    Is he a junkie??? what do you think?
    1 year ago
    Additional Details
    1 year ago

Sens Enforcer is right I should've given some references. For everyoue out there who is enraged by my question...

1 year ago

Sens Enforcer is right I should've given some references. For everyoue out there who is outraged by my question...

Redden always looks so frail and weak and sick... I believe these rumours are being created to put pressure on Redden to want out and wave his no-trade clause. That way ottawa will be liberated of his team leading 6.5 MILLION $$$$$.

this is a huge concern to me,

and alot of money invested herein ,.....

thoughts ?

i guess i am all alone on finding this both intriguing as well as deleterious to the team structure and form,...

a cocaine addict, in the 2000s ? :confused:

It almost seems comical,...
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i guess i am all alone on finding this both intriguing as well as deleterious to the team structure and form,...

great.

I was talkin about the other day how I hope this deosnt turn out to be like 97's ridiculous spending spree...now we got Theo Fleury all over again :rolleyes:

IF this is true
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Well Andy I would think he should be able to get a better quality and more reliable supply in NYC compared to Ottawa so I guess thats a plus for Wade ......could be in for a snowy winter. :o

Has Wade used probably the term addict seems a little out there ....that said his play has dropped off but so has that of the team!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Well Andy I would think he should be able to get a better quality and more reliable supply in NYC compared to Ottawa so I guess thats a plus for Wade ......could be in for a snowy winter. :o

Has Wade used probably the term addict seems a little out there ....that said his play has dropped off but so has that of the team!
    I'm sure Theo can provide him with a few contacts. I'd hook him up but I'd rather we win a fuckin CUP, even tho I could use the money right now

I should hit him up after the season lol :D
    http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/ny-sprang245775503jul24,0,5929387.story

41208517.jpg
    Staal excited about new Rangers teammates
    BY STEVE ZIPAY | steve.zipay@newsday.com
    July 24, 2008

Marc Staal knows the Rangers will be a different team next year, but he endorsed the signings of Wade Redden and Markus Naslund and said he's looking forward to playing a larger role this year. (Getty Images Photo)

GREENBURGH, N.Y. - Near the end of last season, Rangers rookie defenseman Marc Staal sensed that change was in the air.

Staal, 21, who made the club after a stellar training camp last September, matured during the season and stepped up in the playoffs with a goal and two assists in 10 games, was curious about how the team's roster would shape up. Naturally, he was aware that veterans Jaromir Jagr, Martin Straka and Brendan Shanahan were unrestricted free agents and Sean Avery had announced that he would be testing the market.

"You knew [management] couldn't keep everybody, so you figured some guys were gonna leave," Staal said yesterday at the Madison Square Garden Training Center.

"On July first and second, I kept checking on the Internet, just like everybody else," Staal said during a break in the team's annual youth hockey camp, when youngsters from 7 to 15 train with the pros for a week. "I talked to [fellow defenseman Dan] Girardi and we were just going through what was happening to try to figure out what was going on."

Related links
    Have the Rangers improved?
    Do you think the Rangers have improved or weakened their team during the offseason?

They've gotten younger and faster. It's an improvement

They've lost a lot of scoring and leadership. They've gotten worse

They're about the same. It all depends on the chemistry

It will depend on whether Renney can get them on the same page

View current results

Rangers blog
    Rangers fan forum
    Michael Del Zotto and other Rangers draft picks Photos
    GIVE US YOUR BEST SHOT
    Your Rangers Photos
    Submit your photos and view pics taken by other fans.

Hockey Fights Photos Jagr opted to play in Russia, Straka in his Czech Republic hometown and Avery in Dallas; Shanahan is unsigned. But as the dust settles, Staal endorsed the sweeping roster changes, including the addition of defenseman Wade Redden from Ottawa and veteran winger Markus Naslund from Vancouver.

"I'm excited about the guys we got," he said. "Redden's an All-Star, a great player, he'll really be good. I know Naslund from watching him when I was growing up [in Thunder Bay, Ontario]. He's got experience, he's been on the power play." Asked about the critics who believe Naslund, at 35, is no longer the force he once was, Staal said, "Maybe a change of scenery will be good for him."

Staal also was pleased with the return of defenseman Michal Rozsival. "I got pretty comfortable playing with him last year," Staal said, noting that he had no preference for a pairing with either Redden or Rozsival. "It's not up to me, but I want to play as much as I can, so I can probably get the minutes with either of those guys."

If there was any offseason surprise, it was the trade of two defenseman to Columbus for two forwards. "The [Fedor] Tyutin-[Christian] Backman trade, I didn't expect that was going to happen," he said. "But it's a business, it makes room for other guys, it's something you have to get used to."

Certainly, Staal has fond memories of last season's group. "I came in as a rookie and I was taken in and felt welcome all the time," he said. "It'll be a little different next year, but we still have a core of those guys, Henrik, Gomez, Drury, Rozy."
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:

wtf is this alll about??? oh lord
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    wtf is this alll about??? oh lord

aparentlly wade redden just may be a cocaine addict ?

:confused:
    platessmall.jpg
    http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.com/howlings/2008/07/liffiton-leavin.html

July 24, 2008
    LIFFITON LEAVING
    Dave Liffiton's time as a hockey player in Hartford can best be summed up in one word...competitor. However, Liffiton told Howlings in a brief conversation that he will not be coming back to the Wolf Pack.

"The Rangers didn't offer me anything they let me go." The 6'2" 210-pounder from Windsor, Ontario said.

This particular off-season hasn't exactly been an easy one. "I have been recovering from wrist surgery so it hasn't been the greatest summer." He replied.

The wrist surgery is the latest in a recent history of injuries have were also a big factor for Liffiton in the last season. He only played in 21 games as he was felled by a pretty tricky concussion that just didn't seem to want to heal. He did have a brief period where he was improved enough to get back on the ice, but that didn't last long. After a couple of games, the symptoms returned and team doctors decided it would be best for Liffiton's long term health to shut him down for the remainder of the season.

In spite of the recent injuries, Liffiton has always been a very popular player with the fans. He is seemingly always smiling. He is probably one of the most approachable and jovial athletes in the game and one of the first to appear at any charity function. Fans were also excited by the fact that he was as tough as nails and always the first to stand up for his teammates on and off the ice. He was also a very solid blueliner and often had the assignment of shutting down the opposing team's top players.

What does the future hold for Liffiton? "I'm still not too sure what I am going to do next season, I have some teams interested in the NHL and some in Europe I will be making my decision in the next couple of weeks."

When asked if he wanted to pass along anything to his fans in Hartford, he replied, "Thanks for all of your support."
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    aparentlly wade redden just may be a cocaine addict ?

:confused:

6 fuckin years of this guy????????/ oh help us all

please let a change of location help this guy
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    NY PJ1 wrote:

Hey like I mentioned in my post before I think the change in location should help him with procuring a much better quality supply than back in Ottawa! ;)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Hey like I mentioned in my post before I think the change in location should help him with procuring a much better quality supply than back in Ottawa! ;)

yea in nyc he can get the good shit ... :(
    NY PJ1 wrote:

said it b4 and I'l ay it again..if this tturns into those Theo Fleury days and Kamneksy days and QUintal days Im gonna be really fuckin pissed with Sather....have someone fuck his ass up on his way home one day in an alleyway :mad:
    stickboy wrote:
    said it b4 and I'l ay it again..if this tturns into those Theo Fleury days and Kamneksy days and QUintal days Im gonna be really fuckin pissed with Sather....have someone fuck his ass up on his way home one day in an alleyway :mad:

he has been a douchebag forever anyway

but i have no choice but to tolerate him

i hate seeing him walk thru msg....such an arrogant prick
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    he has been a douchebag forever anyway

but i have no choice but to tolerate him

i hate seeing him walk thru msg....such an arrogant prick
    oh but of course

ex fuckin Fishstick...what do u expect?

and on a side note
    good thin he ddidnt wind up in miami I guess huh? As much good shit as there is here, man..miamis fuckin Coke central!
    stickboy wrote:
    oh but of course

ex fuckin Fishstick...what do u expect?

and on a side note
    good thin he ddidnt wind up in miami I guess huh? As much good shit as there is here, man..miamis fuckin Coke central!

i meant sather lol
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i meant sather lol
    oh well him too if this team doesnt click!
    stickboy wrote:
    oh well him too if this team doesnt click!

lol i wouldnt talk about redden like that yet haha
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    lol i wouldnt talk about redden like that yet haha
    fine...a long as he reverts to the player he was 2 yrs ago I'll shut up

meanwhile

COlton Orrs got something to say

http://blogs.msg.com/gameon/colton-orr/
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    7th page. tisk tisk.

sather announced today that sjostrom & the rangers agreed to a deal, bringing him back for another year.