B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    If Sjostrom comes in at the $650,000 figure, the Rangers' cap situation is as follows:

Gomez @ $7,357,143; Drury @ $7,050,000; Lundqvist @ $6,875,000; Redden @ $6,500,000; Rozsival @ $5,000,000; Naslund @ $4,000,000; Zherdev @ $2,500,000; Kalinin @ $2,100,000; Mara @ $1,950,000; Prucha @ $1,600,000; Girardi @ $1,550,000; Voros @ $1,000,000; Rissmiller @ $1,000,000; Fritsche @ $875,000; Staal @ $826,667; Valiquette @ $725,000; Pock @ $667,500; Sjostrom @ $650,000; Dubinsky @ $633,333; Betts @ $615,000; Dawes @ $587,500; Callahan @ $575,000; Orr @ $537,500. That's a full 23-man roster -- fourteen forwards, seven defensemen, and two goalies who total just about $55,175,000, leaving just about $1.5 million.

However, Jaromir Jagr is believed to be owed a buyout of his contract option that is worth $760,000 and Brendan Shanahan's bonus overage from last year is believed to be in the $750,000 range, leaving the Rangers right up against the $56.7 million cap. The only room to move would be to replace Pock with a slightly cheaper option at #7 D (e.g. Corey Potter or Vladimir Denisov), to replace one of the new million dollar men, Voros and Rissmiller, or Fritsche, with a cheaper option from Hartford, or to make a cap-friendly trade, of which Prucha seems to be the only viable candidate. Even so, there appears to be no room whatsoever for re-signing Shanahan or adding another high profile player like Mats Sundin.

IT SEEMS LIKE A WHOLE NEW TEAM
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Pock must be dealt cause his salary and not being on the team is a waste. And I wouldnt give up on Prucha yet. If he still sucks by the deadline then package him off with Pock and maybe a Rissmiller or any of those other million dollar fourth liners and a draft pick, and get back a solid 2nd or 3rd line guy for the playoffs
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
    stickboy wrote:
    Pock must be dealt cause his salary and not being on the team is a waste. And I wouldnt give up on Prucha yet. If he still sucks by the deadline then package him off with Pock and maybe a Rissmiller or any of those other million dollar fourth liners and a draft pick, and get back a solid 2nd or 3rd line guy for the playoffs

its gonna be an interesting year.... for bettter or worse
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    its gonna be an interesting year.... for bettter or worse
    well, lets hope for better cause a lot of east teams got a whole lot better like TB for example. Making the playoffs this yr again will be no guarantee for no team unless youre detroit in the west...theyre the only playoff locks
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    stickboy wrote:
    well, lets hope for better cause a lot of east teams got a whole lot better like TB for example. Making the playoffs this yr again will be no guarantee for no team unless youre detroit in the west...theyre the only playoff locks

well now that the rangers are playing every team in the league at least once, hopefully they can consistanly beat up on some of the weaker teams and rack up the points.

but then again, the rangers have done horrible against western conference teams in the past 2 season. so who the hell knows.

as usual it will come down to what team stays healthy and who has the better goaltending.
    well now that the rangers are playing every team in the league at least once, hopefully they can consistanly beat up on some of the weaker teams and rack up the points.

but then again, the rangers have done horrible against western conference teams in the past 2 season. so who the hell knows.

as usual it will come down to what team stays healthy and who has the better goaltending.
    i dunno man...nhl is becoming like nfl. Dif. teams every yr get stronger and as of now I can only see about maaayybe 5 teams if that, that will prolly suck next yr. Making the playoffs and getting points is getting tougher every yr.
    stickboy wrote:
    i dunno man...nhl is becoming like nfl. Dif. teams every yr get stronger and as of now I can only see about maaayybe 5 teams if that, that will prolly suck next yr. Making the playoffs and getting points is getting tougher every yr.

true but with the extra western conference games their will be alot less

"3 point" games inside the conference ,,so that will ease the points up abit
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    true but with the extra western conference games their will be alot less

"3 point" games inside the conference ,,so that will ease the points up abit
    3 point games are a blessing...you might be seeing the number of those kinda games on a steady increase if it hasnt happened already since the lockout

crazy to think 90 points, or 10 games over .500 nxt yr might not get you into the playoffs! :eek:

anyways...add another defenseman to the Blueline corps.

http://rangers.nhl.com/team/app?articleid=368700&page=NewsPage&service=page

Rangers add Calder Cup champion Fahey Longtime AHL defenseman joins Blueshirts organization New York Rangers Jul 17, 2008, 10:36 PM EDT New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has agreed to terms with free agent defenseman Brian Fahey.

Brian Fahey
    Fahey, 27, skated in 76 games with the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League (AHL) this past season, registering 14 goals and 23 assists for 37 points, along with 123 penalty minutes and a plus-13 rating. He ranked third on the team among defensemen in goals (14) and points (37). He also finished third on the club with 123 penalty minutes and seventh with a plus-13 rating.

In addition, Fahey notched two goals and eight assists for 10 points, along with 24 penalty minutes in 24 post-season contests to help the Wolves capture the 2008 Calder Cup championship. He tied for second on the team in assists by a defenseman (eight), and finished fourth on the club in goals by a defensemen (two) during the playoffs.

The 6-1, 215-pounder has skated in 249 career AHL games with the Worcester IceCats, Hershey Bears, Iowa Stars, and Chicago Wolves, recording 31 goals and 57 assists for 88 points, along with 298 penalty minutes.

In 2006-07, Fahey finished third among Wolves defensemen with a plus-17 rating. He was awarded the 2007 Tim Breslin Unsung Hero Award, given annually to the Wolves player who best typifies the on-ice spirit and team-first attitude of Tim Breslin. In addition, Fahey has appeared in 46 career AHL post-season contests with Iowa and Chicago, collecting five goals and 11 assists for 16 points, along with 52 penalty minutes.

The Glenview, Illinois native was originally Colorado’s fourth round selection, 119th overall, in the 2000 NHL Entry Draft.
    stickboy wrote:
    3 point games are a blessing...you might be seeing the number of those kinda games on a steady increase if it hasnt happened already since the lockout

crazy to think 90 points, or 10 games over .500 nxt yr might not get you into the playoffs! :eek:

anyways...add another defenseman to the Blueline corps.

http://rangers.nhl.com/team/app?articleid=368700&page=NewsPage&service=page

Rangers add Calder Cup champion Fahey Longtime AHL defenseman joins Blueshirts organization New York Rangers Jul 17, 2008, 10:36 PM EDT New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has agreed to terms with free agent defenseman Brian Fahey.

Brian Fahey
    Fahey, 27, skated in 76 games with the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League (AHL) this past season, registering 14 goals and 23 assists for 37 points, along with 123 penalty minutes and a plus-13 rating. He ranked third on the team among defensemen in goals (14) and points (37). He also finished third on the club with 123 penalty minutes and seventh with a plus-13 rating.

In addition, Fahey notched two goals and eight assists for 10 points, along with 24 penalty minutes in 24 post-season contests to help the Wolves capture the 2008 Calder Cup championship. He tied for second on the team in assists by a defenseman (eight), and finished fourth on the club in goals by a defensemen (two) during the playoffs.

The 6-1, 215-pounder has skated in 249 career AHL games with the Worcester IceCats, Hershey Bears, Iowa Stars, and Chicago Wolves, recording 31 goals and 57 assists for 88 points, along with 298 penalty minutes.

In 2006-07, Fahey finished third among Wolves defensemen with a plus-17 rating. He was awarded the 2007 Tim Breslin Unsung Hero Award, given annually to the Wolves player who best typifies the on-ice spirit and team-first attitude of Tim Breslin. In addition, Fahey has appeared in 46 career AHL post-season contests with Iowa and Chicago, collecting five goals and 11 assists for 16 points, along with 52 penalty minutes.

The Glenview, Illinois native was originally Colorado’s fourth round selection, 119th overall, in the 2000 NHL Entry Draft.

another newbie

trying to move pock might be a good idea
    stickboy wrote:

3 points are a blessing only if it's your team losing in a shootout or OT. i am on the fence about awarding the losing team a point just for making it to OT. for now, i would like to see the NHL only award a point to each team once they reach the shootout... then fight for the extra point. if you lose in OT, i don't think you should be awarded anything.

i think a team is only safe between 95-100 points. look at carolina & buffalo last year... they ended with a healthy 90 & 92 points and missed the cut. shit, the rangers sitting in the 5th spot and only 5 points separated them from # 9.

talk about every single game being important.
    3 points are a blessing only if it's your team losing in a shootout or OT. i am on the fence about awarding the losing team a point just for making it to OT. for now, i would like to see the NHL only award a point to each team once they reach the shootout... then fight for the extra point. if you lose in OT, i don't think you should be awarded anything.

i think a team is only safe between 95-100 points. look at carolina & buffalo last year... they ended with a healthy 90 & 92 points and missed the cut. shit, the rangers sitting in the 5th spot and only 5 points separated them from # 9.

talk about every single game being important.

every game is huge lol
    yep.

and despite it all, i dunno if its all Sathers doing, but i guess credit the entire staff for keeping the minor leagues sytem stocked and acquring draft picks.

cant knock them on that...lets just hope the chemistry theyre building now works with all these guys. Too many new faces gets me nervous and gives me horrible flashbacks of that 97 spending spree we went on with the Quintals, Kamenskys, and Fleurys, etc...that was an awesome team :rolleyes: good thing we got Malakhov too..what would we have done w/o him... lol
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    every game is huge lol
    word

dont fall in a slump at any point during the season cause youre basically fucked.
    post lock out era... it's all about the younger players.

have to keep the farm system stocked.
    post lock out era... it's all about the younger players.

have to keep the farm system stocked.
    def.
    future looks promising. We have a few solid goalies waiting in the wings too like Wiikman..hes supposed to be a good one and Holt

seems like we ogt a good game plane...it just needs to start producing Cups now
    Plus All The Picks In The Draft Next Year ...
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    July 18, 2008
    Legal Wranglings
    The Rangers have responded to the NHL's attempts to strong-arm them, attempts that include threatening to remove the franchise from the hands of ownership. The case for an independent web site may have been shot down left and right, but we cannot imagine a court in the U.S.A. upholding a provision that prohibits litigation, to the point of causing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of damage. See the Daily News, Newsday, and Blueshirts Blog for more. Meanwhile, while Bettman bashes the league's top U.S.-based franchise, he now stands accused of negligence in the Nashville ownership fiasco, having perhaps allowed a deadbeat owner to take over a team without doing the proper homework -- see the original story here.

Elsewhere, the Ranger schedule is dissected in various news outlets -- see the Daily News, Newsday, Journal News, Times, and Record. Stan Fischler looks at the greatest Ranger goalies ever at MSG.com. Hockey Rodent takes on the subject of leadership at FoxSports. Prospect Park takes its own look at the Rangers' and Predators' legal situations. And Mitch Beck talks to the newest Wolf Packer, David Urquhart, at Howlings. The Rangers finally announced the signing of minor league defenseman Brian Fahey -- see Howlings for a quote on the new Wolf Packer from Bob Crawford. Mitch also directs us to this Connecticut Post article on Steve Valiquette.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    July 18, 2008
    Legal Wranglings
    The Rangers have responded to the NHL's attempts to strong-arm them, attempts that include threatening to remove the franchise from the hands of ownership. The case for an independent web site may have been shot down left and right, but we cannot imagine a court in the U.S.A. upholding a provision that prohibits litigation, to the point of causing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of damage. See the Daily News, Newsday, and Blueshirts Blog for more. Meanwhile, while Bettman bashes the league's top U.S.-based franchise, he now stands accused of negligence in the Nashville ownership fiasco, having perhaps allowed a deadbeat owner to take over a team without doing the proper homework -- see the original story here.

Elsewhere, the Ranger schedule is dissected in various news outlets -- see the Daily News, Newsday, Journal News, Times, and Record. Stan Fischler looks at the greatest Ranger goalies ever at MSG.com. Hockey Rodent takes on the subject of leadership at FoxSports. Prospect Park takes its own look at the Rangers' and Predators' legal situations. And Mitch Beck talks to the newest Wolf Packer, David Urquhart, at Howlings. The Rangers finally announced the signing of minor league defenseman Brian Fahey -- see Howlings for a quote on the new Wolf Packer from Bob Crawford. Mitch also directs us to this Connecticut Post article on Steve Valiquette.

we cant worry about it .... lol

but what bullshit
    This Thread Never Belongs On Page 5 ;)
    NY PJ1 wrote:

hehe.

i award you bump of the week.
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    lol! We're slipping

how'd we let it go that far??

anyways Larry Brooks in todays NY Post:

SLATS' HEAD-SCRATCHING SUMMER

Posted: 4:16 am
    July 20, 2008

ALL right. Here are the questions. Some of them, at least.

A limited no-trade clause on top of $39M over six years to get Wade Redden to sign, a full no move on top of $8M over two years to get Markus Naslund to commit, and doesn't it seem as if the Rangers are back to where they were before the lockout, bribing overpriced free agents to come to New York?

If the Rangers didn't want to bring back Sean Avery, if he was such a destructive influence, why in the world did Glen Sather offer him a four-year contract for $12M?

What if Avery had come to the conclusion that $3M a year in New York was worth more to him than the $3.875M per for which he ultimately signed in Dallas?

What if he had taken the Rangers' offer? Then what?

And again, if Sather indeed did want to sign him, how could $1M a year be the breaking point? You know what $1M is? It's Patrick Rissmiller. That's what it is.

Did Sather lose Avery so he could sign Rissmiller?

Really?

If the Rangers didn't want to bring back Jaromir Jagr, why didn't Sather tell him that face to face, rather than in a brief phone conversation some 20 minutes before the unilateral decision was announced on a conference call with the media?

Why in the world didn't Sather schedule a meeting with Jagr in June so the general manager and captain could at least discuss their respective visions of the future?

Was this some kind of payback for Jagr's yearlong public flirtation with Omsk that annoyed some Rangers when it continued into April, but was really only Jaromir being Jaromir?

And if the Rangers did want to sign No. 68, what, we're supposed to believe Sather just forgot to tell him that while the GM was spending his money on everyone else the first three days of July?

If the Rangers don't want Brendan Shanahan, don't you think that Sather would tell him that face-to-face instead of delivering exactly the opposite message in conference calls with the media, if not to Shanahan himself, either directly or indirectly?

Are we supposed to believe that Shanahan at $2M (Slap Shots' hypothetical number, not anyone else's) doesn't have value worth at least the combined investment of Rissmiller and Dan Fritsche or Fredrik Sjostrom?

What's the worst that could happen if Shanahan has a bad training camp and/or first six weeks of the season. That he would be released?

Again, how come players who had bad years other places, like Naslund, Redden and Dimitri Kalinin, get the benefit of the doubt from Sather, but Shanahan doesn't?

Where is this great respect for these all-time players that Sather promised and boasted about during a chat with a pair of writers at the Entry Draft in Ottawa?

Would Sather ever have treated Mark Messier this way (rhetorical question)?

What happened to all these allegedly great draft picks from four and five years ago who should be ready to challenge for third- and fourth-line spots this fall but apparently aren't, thus prompting Sather to sign people from other organizations for too much money as support personnel?

What happened to Tommy Pyatt and Brodie Dupont and Dane Byers and Billy Ryan, for instance? What's happened to Greg Moore that he can't be a low-cost, fourth-line winger?

What would happen, by the way, if Mats Sundin decides he wants to play in New York instead of accepting Vancouver's standing $20M offer over two years?

How could the Rangers have had $15.55M in the cap bank to sign four free-agent defensemen, Redden, Kalinin, Michal Rozsival and Paul Mara, but never get around to making an offer to Brooks Orpik?

If Marc Staal, whose omission from the NHL all-rookie team was a reflection of utmost ignorance, by the way, becomes the stud defenseman over the next two years everyone anticipates, why the need for Redden and Rozsival?

What team spends $4M to sign two third-pair defensemen, anyway?

If 2004 - which was easy, except for the Brian Leetch trade - was a purge, then what exactly is this . . . other than a mystery?

Why are the three dominant personalities of the last two seasons - Jagr, Shanahan, Avery - gone? And don't try to pretend it's about money.

You don't really expect the findings of the IIHF as they apply to the disputed contract status of Alexander Radulov and Nikolai Filatov to be binding on either the NHL or the Russian KHL, do you, because they won't be.

So is it safe to go out now for all those ignoramuses who were ready to walk the sidewalks with sandwich boards declaring, "The End is Near," if the final event held at the current Yankee Stadium had been a hockey game?

Finally, does anyone sense that Slap Shots has major issues with Sather's performance since the end of the playoffs.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,239
    stickboy wrote:
    lol! We're slipping

how'd we let it go that far??

anyways Larry Brooks in todays NY Post:

SLATS' HEAD-SCRATCHING SUMMER

Posted: 4:16 am
    July 20, 2008

ALL right. Here are the questions. Some of them, at least.

A limited no-trade clause on top of $39M over six years to get Wade Redden to sign, a full no move on top of $8M over two years to get Markus Naslund to commit, and doesn't it seem as if the Rangers are back to where they were before the lockout, bribing overpriced free agents to come to New York?

If the Rangers didn't want to bring back Sean Avery, if he was such a destructive influence, why in the world did Glen Sather offer him a four-year contract for $12M?

What if Avery had come to the conclusion that $3M a year in New York was worth more to him than the $3.875M per for which he ultimately signed in Dallas?

What if he had taken the Rangers' offer? Then what?

And again, if Sather indeed did want to sign him, how could $1M a year be the breaking point? You know what $1M is? It's Patrick Rissmiller. That's what it is.

Did Sather lose Avery so he could sign Rissmiller?

Really?

If the Rangers didn't want to bring back Jaromir Jagr, why didn't Sather tell him that face to face, rather than in a brief phone conversation some 20 minutes before the unilateral decision was announced on a conference call with the media?

Why in the world didn't Sather schedule a meeting with Jagr in June so the general manager and captain could at least discuss their respective visions of the future?

Was this some kind of payback for Jagr's yearlong public flirtation with Omsk that annoyed some Rangers when it continued into April, but was really only Jaromir being Jaromir?

And if the Rangers did want to sign No. 68, what, we're supposed to believe Sather just forgot to tell him that while the GM was spending his money on everyone else the first three days of July?

If the Rangers don't want Brendan Shanahan, don't you think that Sather would tell him that face-to-face instead of delivering exactly the opposite message in conference calls with the media, if not to Shanahan himself, either directly or indirectly?

Are we supposed to believe that Shanahan at $2M (Slap Shots' hypothetical number, not anyone else's) doesn't have value worth at least the combined investment of Rissmiller and Dan Fritsche or Fredrik Sjostrom?

What's the worst that could happen if Shanahan has a bad training camp and/or first six weeks of the season. That he would be released?

Again, how come players who had bad years other places, like Naslund, Redden and Dimitri Kalinin, get the benefit of the doubt from Sather, but Shanahan doesn't?

Where is this great respect for these all-time players that Sather promised and boasted about during a chat with a pair of writers at the Entry Draft in Ottawa?

Would Sather ever have treated Mark Messier this way (rhetorical question)?

What happened to all these allegedly great draft picks from four and five years ago who should be ready to challenge for third- and fourth-line spots this fall but apparently aren't, thus prompting Sather to sign people from other organizations for too much money as support personnel?

What happened to Tommy Pyatt and Brodie Dupont and Dane Byers and Billy Ryan, for instance? What's happened to Greg Moore that he can't be a low-cost, fourth-line winger?

What would happen, by the way, if Mats Sundin decides he wants to play in New York instead of accepting Vancouver's standing $20M offer over two years?

How could the Rangers have had $15.55M in the cap bank to sign four free-agent defensemen, Redden, Kalinin, Michal Rozsival and Paul Mara, but never get around to making an offer to Brooks Orpik?

If Marc Staal, whose omission from the NHL all-rookie team was a reflection of utmost ignorance, by the way, becomes the stud defenseman over the next two years everyone anticipates, why the need for Redden and Rozsival?

What team spends $4M to sign two third-pair defensemen, anyway?

If 2004 - which was easy, except for the Brian Leetch trade - was a purge, then what exactly is this . . . other than a mystery?

Why are the three dominant personalities of the last two seasons - Jagr, Shanahan, Avery - gone? And don't try to pretend it's about money.

You don't really expect the findings of the IIHF as they apply to the disputed contract status of Alexander Radulov and Nikolai Filatov to be binding on either the NHL or the Russian KHL, do you, because they won't be.

So is it safe to go out now for all those ignoramuses who were ready to walk the sidewalks with sandwich boards declaring, "The End is Near," if the final event held at the current Yankee Stadium had been a hockey game?

Finally, does anyone sense that Slap Shots has major issues with Sather's performance since the end of the playoffs.

brooks is right on all this stuff with the rangers.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    brooks is right on all this stuff with the rangers.
    yea and I hate agreeing with him cause he likes to start rumours and pop shit but he nailed it on this one.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,239
    stickboy wrote:
    yea and I hate agreeing with him cause he likes to start rumours and pop shit but he nailed it on this one.

well the rumors are part of the paper he works for, the post.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    July 21, 2008
    Moore Re-Signs as Writers Size Up Summer Moves
    UPDATE: Hugh Jessiman re-signed -- see Howlings for a couple of quotes from Huge. Blue Notes reports on the Blues possibly being interested in Brendan Shanahan. Prospect Park says look for the Rangers' youngsters to take team leadership roles during the season. MSG.com quotes readers who have already moved on past Jagr and Avery (including two Blueshirt Bulletin copy editors, Pat Hoffman and Dan Akeson).

News in Rangerland is pretty light these days, what with the Rangers having already used up all their cap space in remaking their roster. The depth chart is being filled with the re-signing of RFAs -- Greg Moore became the second to last to re-up today (see NYR.com), leaving Fred Sjostrom as the lone remaining player left to be inked. With the dearth of hard news, some observers have turned toward analyzing what has been done to the Blueshirts this summer -- Larry Brooks in the Post and Sam Weinman in Rangers Report express their reservations, evoking the ghost of the bad old days from before the lockout.
    platessmall.jpg
    quiet quiet quiet

aside from shanny, does anyone see the club making anymore moves before training camp??
    quiet quiet quiet

aside from shanny, does anyone see the club making anymore moves before training camp??

with the cap restrictions at hand,... i think theres only a space large enough for a pubic hair, or maybe a paramecium,...
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    with the cap restrictions at hand,... i think theres only a space large enough for a pubic hair, or maybe a paramecium,...

good word ...paramecium lol

nothing happening kids
    Bathgate66 wrote:

yeah, that's not a lot of room to worth with.

stuck with what we got for now!
  • Is this what the lines will look like?
    I think this is what it could be, i'm only pondering where Naslund will be, and after looking at this, WE NEED A RIGHT WINGER

1st Line:
    LW: Markus Naslund
    C: Chris Drury (Captain)
    RW: Ryan Callahan
    D: Wade Reddin
    D: Michal Rozsival

2nd Line:
    LW: Petr Prucha
    C: Scott Gomez
    RW: Nikolai Zherdev
    D: Dmitri Kalinin
    D: Marc Staal

3rd Line:
    LW: Nigel Dawes
    C: Brandon Dubinsky
    RW: Fredrik Sjostrom
    D: Thomas Pock
    D: Daniel Girardi

4th Line:
    LW: Patrick Rissmiller
    C: Blair Betts
    RW: Colton Orr
    D:?
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore