B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    stickboy wrote:
    Paul Mara officially resigned with us today.

I think you mean re-signed. What you wrote meant he's leaving. But we got it.
    I miss igotid88
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    igotid88 wrote:

i got confused also lol
  • ButchNJButchNJ Posts: 13
    igotid88 wrote:
    I really wanted them to play in this Yankee Stadium.

Me too....gosh, I can't imagine the amount of alcohol I'd consume for that game!
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    igotid88 wrote:
    HA! my bad
    yea resigning is something usually coaches or mgmt do
    ;)

no hockey news today?
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    stickboy wrote:
    HA! my bad
    yea resigning is something usually coaches or mgmt do
    ;)

no hockey news today?

i guess not homey!

July 09, 2008
    Jagr Didn't Want a One-Year Deal
    Jaromir Jagr is gone, but his story refuses to go away with him. One reason for that is a good reason -- with his NHL career at an end, paeans are coming in, as they should, the latest at NHL.com. But then there is the other side of the story, the one about how Jagr ended up going to Russia instead of coming back to New York. In an interview published by Sovjetsky Sport in Russian, Jagr said his insistence on a three-year contract, not money, was why he couldn't come to agreement with the Rangers. Explaining how the economics of over-35 players under the CBA was a stumbling block, he said he didn't want go year to year with his contracts because of the uncertainty. And he noted the enormous commitment the Rangers made to four players with huge contracts -- Gomez, Drury, Lundqvist, and Redden. Otherwise, he had only good things to say about his time in New York.

Also on the Jagr front, Prospect Park takes on some of the revisionist history coming out of both Omsk and New York. Elsewhere, ESPN looks at the changes in the Eastern Conference and likes what it sees of the Rangers. Rangers Report says that scout Frank Effinger has moved from the Rangers to Phoenix. And Howlings reports that Jordan Owens will be returning to the Wolf Pack. We've gotten mixed reviews on the new color scheme here, so let's take a poll and see which you guys actually prefer:

Opinion Polls & Market Research

BB+ Update: We have processed all BB+ requests that have been received through 10:00 AM this morning -- please be patient as we work to keep up with the requests as they keep coming in! We hope to get our first BB+ posting up some time tomorrow. Thanks to all existing subscribers for your support and your kind words. Thanks to our new subscribers for helping the cause. If you are only now checking in, please scroll down to the next posting for more information on BlueshirtBulletin+.

Posted by Dubi on July 09, 2008 at 04:00 PM | Permalink
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • anyone have any idea when the schedule gets released? im thinkin of doing a hockey trip with my bro Matt right after xmas and start it off in Chicago on new years :D...i also wanna know because since I go to school literally 12 miles from DC, i wanna get the 11 game "you pick" package the caps offer
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    NHL Calendar Associated Press Jul 9, 2008, 8:41 AM EDT July 20-Aug. 4 - Salary arbitration hearings held.

Aug. 6 - Deadline for salary arbitration decisions to be rendered.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Rygar wrote:

i dont really care honestly....i didn't really like him that much, he had SO many chances to shoot this year but he tried to do something fancy by passing the puck to make a beautiful goal, he would have had 15-20 more goals this year if he would just fuckin SHOOT
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    i dont really care honestly....i didn't really like him that much, he had SO many chances to shoot this year but he tried to do something fancy by passing the puck to make a beautiful goal, he would have had 15-20 more goals this year if he would just fuckin SHOOT
    Sounds familiar...
  • ButchNJButchNJ Posts: 13
    anyone have any idea when the schedule gets released? im thinkin of doing a hockey trip with my bro Matt right after xmas and start it off in Chicago on new years :D...i also wanna know because since I go to school literally 12 miles from DC, i wanna get the 11 game "you pick" package the caps offer

I believe I read that the NHL is releasing the schedule this coming Monday, July 14th.....
    July 10, 2008
    Comings and Goings -- Mostly Goings
    Things remain quiet in Rangerland ten days after the opening the free agent signing period, with the club having used up most of its salary cap space retooling itself dramatically for next season. One of the players who was a fixture in New York since the lockout finally made official what has already been reported as a foregone conclusion, Martin Straka signing with his hometown team in Plzen in the Czech Republic, bringing his NHL days to an end along with his good friend and longtime teammate Jaromir Jagr.

Another European player at the other end of his career got offers to play there too, but Thomas Pock told Howlings that he turned them all down to continue to pursue his dream of playing in the NHL, even though he also said he has yet to hear from the Rangers about his future. Pock is getting married this summer. Howlings also has news about a couple of other Wolf Packers signing with other organizations -- Chris Holt has moved to St. Louis's farm team, and Josh Gratton (acquired in the Al Montoya deal) signed with Nashville [navigate back from the Pock article to read about the others].

Jim Hammett, who had been the Rangers' head amateur scout the past year, moved to Tampa to take a promotion to Director of Player Personnel for the Lightning (report here). Prospect Park takes a look at Paul Mara re-signing with the Rangers, and has full details about ticket sales for the inaugural Victoria Cup games in Berne, Switzerland, where the Rangers will play twice, once against the hometown hosts SC Berne on September 30th, and then against European club champion Mettalurg Magnitogorsk of the Russian League on October 1st for the Victoria Cup. Tickets are currently available through ticketportal.com.

Blueshirt Bulletin+ kicks off its premium coverage of the Rangers today with our first article, a profile of and interview with Ranger draftee Mitch Gaulton. We had originally planned to publish this article in our September issue of Blueshirt Bulletin, but are making it available earlier in order to test out BB+ and give our subscribers a taste of the kind of coverage we hope to provide there. Click here to read Smile Along With Mitch at BB+.

If you are a Blueshirt Bulletin subscriber and have not yet gotten information on how to access BB+, send an E-mail to Blueshirt@mindspring with your name and address. If you are not currently a Blueshirt Bulletin subscriber, click here to download a form that will help you subscribe. We are up to date with all requests to access BB+ except for the last few that have rolled in, which we will get to now, so please be patient.

Ranger beat writers and frequent Blueshirt Bulletin contributors Sam Weinman and Steve Zipay ran live chats at their blogs over the past couple of days -- you can replay the sessions and get their insights into the Rangers at Rangers Report and Blue Notes
    platessmall.jpg
  • over 100,000 views
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    That's because deep down.....everyone loves the Rangers!
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    Strudwick signs with his home town Oilers.

Andrew Hutchinson, captain of the Wolfpack, and had a monster year in the AHL, was signed by the Lightning. Too bad, as he really improved his game last season, and would have provided blue line "insurance".
    platessmall.jpg
    That's because deep down.....everyone loves the Rangers!

maybe ed reads the thread.

lol

" Lets Go Rangers ! "

ok then he probvably wouldve known messier = 11 , leetch =2.

:)
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Strudwick signs with his home town Oilers.

Andrew Hutchinson, captain of the Wolfpack, and had a monster year in the AHL, was signed by the Lightning. Too bad, as he really improved his game last season, and would have provided blue line "insurance".

GOOD TRADE FOR MATT CULLEN :rolleyes:
    Former Ranger Mike York, finished in the NHL at age 30, is joining the exodus to Russia. NYR.com has more on the newest member of the Rangers' front office, Mike Barnett. THN.com has a couple of lists of interest to the Rangers -- in one, Wade Redden is named the second worst signing of this free agent season because of the way his game has degraded (gotta hope the change in scenery theory works), and in the other the Ranger draft is graded as an A by the chief scout of North American Central Scouting, in part because of sleeper pick Mitch Gualton, interviewed at BB+.

The Rangers have signed Belarussian defenseman Vladimir Denisov, who played in the AHL last season after skating in the Russian League the prior year. The physical 5'11, 207-pound stay-at-home defender, who just turned 24, played 66 games with the Lake Erie Monsters after signing an AHL contract with the Colorado organization. His teammates included former Rangers Jamie Lundmark and Dale Purinton. And like Purinton, Denisov likes to fight -- at least 45 of his 137 penalty minutes were earned in fights. He also played a few games in the ECHL for the Johnstown Chiefs, a team owned by former Ranger GM Neil Smith.

In an interview roughly translated from Russian, conducted after he signed with Colorado a year ago, Denisov explains why he left Russia for North America: "The only plus in the Russian hockey -- its financial side. That is my opinion. At least there is nothing else that the Superleague game can give me." He had three assists and was +4 in six games for Belarus in this year's World Championship, playing with NHL defenseman Ruslan Salei on his nation's top defensive pair. With the Rangers in need of a sixth or seventh defenseman, one would expect Denisov to get a good look in training camp, though it is more likely he is meant for Hartford.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    maybe ed reads the thread.

lol

" Lets Go Rangers ! "

ok then he probvably wouldve known messier = 11 , leetch =2.

:)
    Ive got a feeling ed might be partaking in a few more hockey games in the future...he really seemed to get into the chants and enjoy them :cool:
    found another good one :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmWZDfljMhs

eds dance after...lmfao! is that ed trying to "GET DOWN" like "yea....Im a smack dat ass!"

even saying afterward "Hey Im a RED WINGS Fan TOO!" lmao...u know the whole Chelios buddy thing.

I used to think Mike York was gonna be on of future stars...what a shame to see his career end so early :(

and NY...didnt we get someone else too for Cullen alongside Hutch.?
  • damn yo, Mike York was one of my favorite young players on the rangers back in the day, i wish they never got rid of him
    damn yo, Mike York was one of my favorite young players on the rangers back in the day, i wish they never got rid of him
    poor guy got stuck on the not so FLY line ...one guy is one hit away from a career ending concussion and the other was one hit away from AA...fucked up cause Theo Fleury was my uncles friend in Calgary back in the day and we talked often... :(
    todays post:

COLD, HARD CASH
    CBA HAS SOME TEAMS ON THIN ICE
    BELLY UP? The NHL's labor agreement artificially inflates overall league revenue, meaning small-market teams such as Jan Hejda's Columbus Blue Jackets, are forced to spend money they don't have to keep up with the revenue growth generated by large-market teams, says Post columnist Larry Brooks.

Last updated: 4:37 am
    July 13, 2008
    Posted: 3:43 am
    July 13, 2008

THE revenue increases cited by the NHL are equally as misleading as the overall losses claimed by the league four years ago via the Levitt Report.

Back then, an inordinately small number of teams accounted for an inordinately large percentage of the NHL's alleged losses. Now, a relatively small number of teams are responsible for generating a large percentage of the league's overall revenue.

This is not an unexpected circumstance, not in a league where individual franchises combine to produce approximately 90-percent of the league's revenue, with just 10 percent produced by the centralized Sixth Avenue office.

But it is why the concept of percentage-of-the-gross linkage was flawed in concept and is flawed in execution, both as it relates to the cap and to revenue sharing.

Now, when money-printing machines such as the RangersNew York Rangers , Maple Leafs, Canadiens, Red Wings and Flyers combine to produce significant revenue growth, the payroll floor increases, thus mandating that low-revenue teams must spend significantly more in order to comply with the collective bargaining agreement.

Now, when the big money teams combine to create an overall NHL percentage increase, the low-revenue teams that are unable to maintain that artificially imposed number lose a portion of their revenue share allowance, with the penalty compounding on repeat offenders.

It's kind of like these teams get thrown in their own little debtor's colony. (Speaking of which, the Thrashers.)

Though it is technically accurate that NHL revenue is increasing by 7 to 10 percent a year, so is it technically accurate that the Esposito Brothers averaged 358.5 career goals apiece, though Phil got all 717 of them and Tony accounted for none.

The NHL office has increased its share by between 1 and 3 percent since the lockout. That's one small step for man, probably a better measure of the standard that should apply. It seems a bit bizarre to expect a small-market team to be burdened by increases generated by big-market powers, especially when the big-market clubs seem to be able to command pretty much whatever they please for their tickets.

Expect revenue sharing to be front and center on the table the next time around, but expect it to be on the Board of Governors' table so that the owners can confront one another over it before approaching the union.

The Rangers have way too many marginal forwards in the $1M range. Is Pat Rissmiller at $1M really necessary? Unless Fred Sjostrom is going to be a regular third-liner, there was no reason to qualify him at nearly $814,000, and if he does play on the top three lines, then Ryan CallahanRyan Callahan or Petr PruchaPetr Prucha or Nigel Dawes or Lauri Korpikoski or Aaron Voros ($1M) won't. Where in the world does salary arbitration-seeking Dan Fritsche fit in?

And you know what all these high-priced spare parts mean? Well, apparently not enough projected cap space at the moment to accommodate Brendan Shanahan.

Too bad Shanahan didn't have a bad year somewhere else so the Rangers could have been first in line to sign him on July 1.

Well, two consecutive second-round playoff exits aren't good enough for Rangers general manager Glen Sather, but they're sure good enough for the Rangers to raise season subscription prices by significant amounts throughout the building.

Before last summer, Sather had a policy against no-trade or no-move clauses. Then he gave a full five-year no-move to Chris Drury, in addition to $7.05M per. Oh well. Live and learn.

Except this year, there are two more exceptions. Somehow, $8M over two years wasn't enough to get Markus Naslund to agree to come to New York, so what did Sather do? The GM gave Naslund, who will be 35 at the end of the month and is coming off two consecutive disappointing seasons in Vancouver, a full no-move clause.

Hello?

It also seems Wade Redden needed a sweetener to take his $39M, seven-year deal. So the GM gave the defenseman the annual right to give management a list of eight teams to which he cannot be traded, and it will just be unfortunate if Atlanta should want him in a deal for Ilya Kovalchuk, won't it?

Brutal.
    stickboy wrote:

The Rangers have way too many marginal forwards in the $1M range. Is Pat Rissmiller at $1M really necessary? Unless Fred Sjostrom is going to be a regular third-liner, there was no reason to qualify him at nearly $814,000, and if he does play on the top three lines, then Ryan CallahanRyan Callahan or Petr PruchaPetr Prucha or Nigel Dawes or Lauri Korpikoski or Aaron Voros ($1M) won't. Where in the world does salary arbitration-seeking Dan Fritsche fit in?

And you know what all these high-priced spare parts mean? Well, apparently not enough projected cap space at the moment to accommodate Brendan Shanahan.

Too bad Shanahan didn't have a bad year somewhere else so the Rangers could have been first in line to sign him on July 1.

Well, two consecutive second-round playoff exits aren't good enough for Rangers general manager Glen Sather, but they're sure good enough for the Rangers to raise season subscription prices by significant amounts throughout the building.

Before last summer, Sather had a policy against no-trade or no-move clauses. Then he gave a full five-year no-move to Chris Drury, in addition to $7.05M per. Oh well. Live and learn.

Except this year, there are two more exceptions. Somehow, $8M over two years wasn't enough to get Markus Naslund to agree to come to New York, so what did Sather do? The GM gave Naslund, who will be 35 at the end of the month and is coming off two consecutive disappointing seasons in Vancouver, a full no-move clause.

Hello?

It also seems Wade Redden needed a sweetener to take his $39M, seven-year deal. So the GM gave the defenseman the annual right to give management a list of eight teams to which he cannot be traded, and it will just be unfortunate if Atlanta should want him in a deal for Ilya Kovalchuk, won't it?

Brutal.

what the frig is going thru Slats' head.?
    :confused:
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    what the frig is going thru Slats' head.?
    :confused:
    assets to acquire what he needs by this yrs trade deadline?
    its the only way i can see it

as far as the no trade clauses...well..lets just hope we dont live to regret this, cuse it seems like too much is being gutted out and the locker room being restrucured personality wise. If they all click, fine...if not?? it could be 97-98 all over again with Kamensky, Quintal and all those other scrubs.
    stickboy wrote:
    assets to acquire what he needs by this yrs trade deadline?
    its the only way i can see it

as far as the no trade clauses...well..lets just hope we dont live to regret this, cuse it seems like too much is being gutted out and the locker room being restrucured personality wise. If they all click, fine...if not?? it could be 97-98 all over again with Kamensky, Quintal and all those other scrubs.

dude

those clips you posted on youtube are awesome.

i hope a dvd of these shows surfaces !
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    dude

those clips you posted on youtube are awesome.

i hope a dvd of these shows surfaces !
    :D
    thanx always looking for better versions of that
    stickboy wrote:
    Ive got a feeling ed might be partaking in a few more hockey games in the future...he really seemed to get into the chants and enjoy them :cool:
    found another good one :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmWZDfljMhs

eds dance after...lmfao! is that ed trying to "GET DOWN" like "yea....Im a smack dat ass!"

even saying afterward "Hey Im a RED WINGS Fan TOO!" lmao...u know the whole Chelios buddy thing.

I used to think Mike York was gonna be on of future stars...what a shame to see his career end so early :(

and NY...didnt we get someone else too for Cullen alongside Hutch.?

do u realize we will have this forever :):)

our band and our team in msg
    Slats:

" "In general I'm happy, though not everything turned out the way we wanted," Sather said of the Rangers' moves in the free agent market. "But obviously it was meant to be. We're still working, and we'll try to improve our team even more."

he has already put Jagr behind him. "For me, it no longer has significance," he said of the way things turned out with Jagr. "Jaromir has made his choice. He probably thought it would be better. I don't know what terms he was offered in Russia, but they were probably pretty good for him to go as far away as Omsk. It's in fact somewhat similar to Edmonton -- I know Kevin Lowe also offered Jagr decent money. For me the subject of Jagr is closed. We've turned the page and have started building a new team. For us, that's all that matters. We have a good goaltender in the person of Henrik Lundqvist, good defensemen -- now we have to strengthen our attack, and we'll be able to say we're ready for the season."

Mats Sundin remains on Sather's radar screen as a way of further improving the attack. "We talked a lot with Mats's agent and with him, but he needs time to make his decision," Sather said. "We're prepared to wait, even if he ultimately turns us down. All the same, we're grateful he's considered our offer." Marian Hossa was another free agent Sather talked to. "He said that he would think about it," Sather said of Hossa considering a move to New York. "[But he] accepted the Detroit offer. To him it was more tempting, since Detroit won the Stanley Cup last season and has a good chance of repeating this season, though it'll be very difficult."

Sather was also asked about the feud between his friend Brian Burke, the Ducks' GM whom he tried to lure to New York as GM or Assistant GM when Burke was ousted in Vancouver, and Lowe, the Edmonton GM who played for him there and was of course a member of the Rangers' 1994 Cup winning team. Sather was diplomatic, noting that Lowe was trying to do what he could for his team under the terms of the CBA and that Burke was upset over actions that affected his team. Sather was likewise non-committal when asked about the growing rivalry between the NHL and KHL, which heated up even further yesterday when Alexander Radulov signed on with a team back in his native country despite still being under contract in the NHL in Nashville.

platessmall.jpg
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    do u realize we will have this forever :):)

our band and our team in msg
    same way that 94 stuff never gets too old to watch, same with this. 10 yrs from now, i'll still have that same grin i have when i watch it now :D

interesting article bathy
    did Slats sign Sundin yet ?
    platessmall.jpg