B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    niiiice

is david liffiton ( D ) ready yet?
    guess u can throw him in with Michael Sauer (who's supposed to be a top prospect in the Staal mold), Ivan Baranka, Forwards: Anisimov, Cherepanov, Jessiman (prolly his last chance to make it) Greg Moore and any other kids who are gonna try and compete for spots in trainig camp

thats gonna suck not seeing Jagr in the NHL :(
    good luck bro and thanx for everything since the lockout!
    You were awesome, will be missed and best of luck in Russia JJ
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • naslund is a softee swede ... look for a sub-par year from him.
    days will keep moving along. it doesnt really make a difference if you're well, sick, crazy or boring. the days will keep moving despite you and your small life. the point is to make each day that surrounds your life as big as possible.
    naslund is a softee swede ... look for a sub-par year from him.
    thats what Im worried about..hows he gonna handle the east

anyways
    WOOOOO!!!!!
    this was AWSEOME!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQb9JFTr7TU&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1JLvcajhQI&feature=related

love the lil ed "gangsta" dance in the end there lmao

:D:D:D:D

found another one, lol
    gotta love the haters :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgQgUNJUhng&feature=related
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    stickboy wrote:

anyways
    WOOOOO!!!!!
    this was AWSEOME!!!

found another one, lol

:D

oh snap - i hadn t seen those yet !

fresh !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    :D

oh snap - i hadn t seen those yet !

fresh !
    dude I been looking for that footage since that day..now all we need is the messier/leetch speeches and dedications/fuckups lol!

I musta repleayed those about 20-30 times already, hahaha :D
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    stickboy wrote:

anyways
    WOOOOO!!!!!
    this was AWSEOME!!!

:D:D:D:D

found another one, lol

HAHA my 2 biggest passions together!!

page 467 4 ever
    NY PJ1 wrote:

page 467 4 ever

:confused:

im clueless,....
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:

im clueless,....

the lets go rangers youtube is on pg 467 on this thread

so we can always find it quick :)
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,239
    NY PJ1 wrote:

like anyone's going to remember that when the four or five of us are dissecting a january game..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    NY PJ1 wrote:

467 ?

dude- you should use your control panel and put more on a page- im only on 176
    platessmall.jpg
    like anyone's going to remember that when the four or five of us are dissecting a january game..
    hahahahaha
    yea Im with bathy on pg 176
    guess its your settings ny
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    467 ?

dude- you should use your control panel and put more on a page- im only on 176

DUDE IM lucky i can type let alone mess with settings
    Blueshiort Bulletin

July 05, 2008
    [size=+2]Jagr Vanishes Into Thin Air[/size]

There will be no farewell tour for Jaromir Jagr. Just like that, his Hall of Fame NHL career has come to a quick and decisive end. The Rangers are moving on with a new cast of characters, Jagr is moving on for 25 million reasons over the next two years, and Mike Milbury is going to have to move on and maybe answer some questions about his own competence rather than deflect blame upon others. Recognizing the import of Jagr exporting himself to Russian, pundits all over North America have begun weighing in on him, especially in Canada, where there no fireworks or picnics or what-not yesterday.

The Daily News, Journal News, Newsday, Times, AP, and Blueshirts Blog weigh in on the local front. Nationally, see ESPN here and here, the Hockey News here and here, CBS Sports, Slam! Sports, Yahoo! Sports, the Globe and Mail, National Post, and Montreal Gazette. On another front, Sean Avery is already causing dissension in the Dallas locker room and he hasn't even shown up yet -- amusing story here. And Paul Mara has re-signed with the Rangers at about two-thirds of his prior salary ($1.5 million), telling Rangers Report that he did what the Rangers needed Jagr and Avery to do -- give the Rangers a hometown discount because this is where he really really wanted to play (see Blue Notes for more). See Slap Shot for more on the Rangers' latest acquisitions (about halfway down through the posting) and Prospect Park on fan reaction.
    platessmall.jpg
    Sean Avery ? ,....Already trouble in Dallas' Lockerroom

Dallas Stars' Morrow hopes to work through his hate for Avery

09:42 PM CDT on Thursday, July 3, 2008
    By MIKE HEIKA / The Dallas Morning News
    mheika@dallasnews.com

Brenden Morrow admits he has said he hates Sean Avery. In public.

The Stars captain does a weekly radio show and recalls a few times when he said on the air that he was bothered by the antics of the player who has been voted most hated in the NHL in multiple player surveys.

The day after Avery signed a four-year, $15.5 million contract with the Stars, Morrow wasn't entirely ready to back off those comments.

Dallas Stars / NHL
    Dallas Stars Blog | Forum

Widgets: Dallas Stars Blog

Taylor: Avery will help Stars edge closer to Red Wings

Morrow has to work through hate for Avery

Avery's statistics

More Stars
    "I have said 'hate,' and I imagine if we wouldn't have signed him, I would have said I still hate him," Morrow said Thursday. "But he's a teammate now, and I'll admit that I don't really know him other than what I see on the ice. So now we need to get to know each other and work together as teammates."

Morrow said it is now his job – and the job of his teammates – to let Avery know what's acceptable.

"There are things here that we will talk about," Morrow said. "We feel we have something special going on here, and we feel we are a good team. And I have no problem with what he does as a player or how he works hard or gets people upset. But some of the stuff that makes the individual more important than the team, that's not something we want to see here."

Avery has been fined for actions on the ice and words off the ice. When he waved his stick in the face of New Jersey goalie Martin Brodeur in this year's playoffs, the NHL responded by prohibiting such behavior.

Morrow said he has not talked to management about Avery or talked to Avery. He said he expects those conversations to take place soon. Stars winger Steve Ott, the team's resident agitator, said he is fine with Avery coming to the Stars. Ott, who has been compared to Avery on many levels, said he believes Avery can fit in.

"We have a good room, and I think he can add to that," Ott said. Avery said Wednesday he likes to "manipulate the line" between good and bad and said he feels he has matured and grown in understanding how far he can push things.

"Maybe that's not always proper for the hockey gods or the traditionalists," Avery said Wednesday, "but I like to play hard, and I don't think that's going to change. That's what makes me me."

Briefly: The Stars signed right wing B.J. Crombeen, left wing Francis Wathier, defensemen Maxime Fortunas and Garrett Stafford and right wing Landon Wilson. All will be given a chance to make the team, but all are on two-way contracts, meaning they will probably provide minor league depth. Wilson, 33, is the son of associate coach Rick Wilson and is on a path to become a veteran mentor at the minor league level. ... Stu Barnes said he expects to meet next week with coach Dave Tippett and co-general manager Les Jackson about his future with the franchise. Barnes, 37, is contemplating retirement but said he hasn't made a decision. ... The Stars' annual prospect camp will be held in Frisco next week. Players will work out on the ice Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
    platessmall.jpg
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,239
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Sean Avery ? ,....Already trouble in Dallas' Lockerroom

Dallas Stars' Morrow hopes to work through his hate for Avery

09:42 PM CDT on Thursday, July 3, 2008
    By MIKE HEIKA / The Dallas Morning News
    mheika@dallasnews.com

Brenden Morrow admits he has said he hates Sean Avery. In public.

The Stars captain does a weekly radio show and recalls a few times when he said on the air that he was bothered by the antics of the player who has been voted most hated in the NHL in multiple player surveys.

The day after Avery signed a four-year, $15.5 million contract with the Stars, Morrow wasn't entirely ready to back off those comments.

Dallas Stars / NHL
    Dallas Stars Blog | Forum

Widgets: Dallas Stars Blog

Taylor: Avery will help Stars edge closer to Red Wings

Morrow has to work through hate for Avery

Avery's statistics

More Stars
    "I have said 'hate,' and I imagine if we wouldn't have signed him, I would have said I still hate him," Morrow said Thursday. "But he's a teammate now, and I'll admit that I don't really know him other than what I see on the ice. So now we need to get to know each other and work together as teammates."

Morrow said it is now his job – and the job of his teammates – to let Avery know what's acceptable.

"There are things here that we will talk about," Morrow said. "We feel we have something special going on here, and we feel we are a good team. And I have no problem with what he does as a player or how he works hard or gets people upset. But some of the stuff that makes the individual more important than the team, that's not something we want to see here."

Avery has been fined for actions on the ice and words off the ice. When he waved his stick in the face of New Jersey goalie Martin Brodeur in this year's playoffs, the NHL responded by prohibiting such behavior.

Morrow said he has not talked to management about Avery or talked to Avery. He said he expects those conversations to take place soon. Stars winger Steve Ott, the team's resident agitator, said he is fine with Avery coming to the Stars. Ott, who has been compared to Avery on many levels, said he believes Avery can fit in.

"We have a good room, and I think he can add to that," Ott said. Avery said Wednesday he likes to "manipulate the line" between good and bad and said he feels he has matured and grown in understanding how far he can push things.

"Maybe that's not always proper for the hockey gods or the traditionalists," Avery said Wednesday, "but I like to play hard, and I don't think that's going to change. That's what makes me me."

Briefly: The Stars signed right wing B.J. Crombeen, left wing Francis Wathier, defensemen Maxime Fortunas and Garrett Stafford and right wing Landon Wilson. All will be given a chance to make the team, but all are on two-way contracts, meaning they will probably provide minor league depth. Wilson, 33, is the son of associate coach Rick Wilson and is on a path to become a veteran mentor at the minor league level. ... Stu Barnes said he expects to meet next week with coach Dave Tippett and co-general manager Les Jackson about his future with the franchise. Barnes, 37, is contemplating retirement but said he hasn't made a decision. ... The Stars' annual prospect camp will be held in Frisco next week. Players will work out on the ice Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.

everyone hates avery when they play against him, somewhere there's a video of jagr going after sean avery when the rangers played in Los Angeles. As the common sports cliche says, winning cures a lot of things.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    winning cures a lot of things.

or being literally thrown into a room with a former enemy , who has now become your teammate.

:)
    platessmall.jpg
    And Paul Mara has re-signed with the Rangers at about two-thirds of his prior salary ($1.5 million), telling Rangers Report that he did what the Rangers needed Jagr and Avery to do -- give the Rangers a hometown discount because this is where he really really wanted to play (see Blue Notes for more). See Slap Shot for more on the Rangers' latest acquisitions (about halfway down through the posting) and Prospect Park on fan reaction.

Paul Mara said he had opportunities from other teams to make more money. But the reason the defenseman accepted a one year deal for $1.95 million—which is roughly two thirds of what he made last season—is that there was no other place he wanted to be.

“There was interest from other teams but I wanted to win in New York. So there was stuff left on the table, but it doesn’t mean anything if you don’t win,” Mara said by phone just now. “After all the signings and trades, people are excited and ready for it. Everything we have brought in is the pieces of the puzzle to win a Stanley Cup.”

Now Mara is part of that puzzle, which I’ll admit comes as a bit of a surprise. The defenseman never seemed to be one of Tom Renney’s favorites—- based not only on some healthy scratches at points last season, but also Renney’s reluctance to use him on the power play. Mara spoke glowingly of Wade Redden just now, and he probably knows his chances of playing the man-advantage have diminished even more with Redden’s arrival. But he still didn’t want to pass up a chance to win next season.

“I always wanted to stay in New York,” Mara said. “The coaches are great, the players, the trainers. First and foremost I told my agent this is where I wanted to be.”

Mara returns
    The biggest Red Sox fan on the Rangers is back.

Not unexpectedly, D Paul Mara inked a $1.95 million, 1-year deal that Sather put in front of him yesterday. On breakup day, Mara---an unrestricted free agent--- said he told the front office and coaches that he wanted to come back.

Did he like the moves that the Rangers made? "Absolutely," he told me earlier during a phone call. "Redden and Rozy are great. They're adding great pieces to the puzzle."

So the top 6 defenseman, as it stands now: Redden, Rozsival, Staal, Girardi, Kalinin, Mara.

Not too shabby, as the Scooter used to say.

Email this • Add to del.icio.us • Digg This! • Share on Facebook • Stumble It!

D-Fencemen Men looking good !
    platessmall.jpg
    during his tenure here , i recall many instances
    of his teammates almost standing still on the ice-
    just watching the great jaggr take over the game singlehandedly-
    regardless if we won or not .

so perhaps this is a good thing with jagrs departure
    guys like prucha will really turn it on now.
    something thats already been past due.

i cannot wait for Rocktober !
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    during his tenure here , i recall many instances
    of his teammates almost standing still on the ice-
    just watching the great jaggr take over the game singlehandedly-
    regardless if we won or not .

so perhaps this is a good thing with jagrs departure
    guys like prucha will really turn it on now.
    something thats already been past due.

i cannot wait for Rocktober !
    reading the post the other day and seeing comments from Gomez and Drury, talking about:

"It's going to be on Chris and me now, and that's what we wanted when we came to New York," Gomez said by phone yesterday from his home in Alaska. "If I'm playing with Zherdev, it's going to be up to me to see that it works, and I'm up for it.

"We're going to go be an in-your-face team that moves and pressures the puck. I've been talking to Chris and he feels exactly the same way I do.

"We're ready for the responsibility."

it makes me think they ran Jagr out of town and that was the plan alll long. To give the team over to Scotty and Chris
    stickboy wrote:
    reading the post the other day and seeing comments from Gomez and Drury, talking about:

"It's going to be on Chris and me now, and that's what we wanted when we came to New York," Gomez said by phone yesterday from his home in Alaska. "If I'm playing with Zherdev, it's going to be up to me to see that it works, and I'm up for it.

"We're going to go be an in-your-face team that moves and pressures the puck. I've been talking to Chris and he feels exactly the same way I do.

it makes me think they ran Jagr out of town and that was the plan alll long. To give the team over to Scotty and Chris

YEA THAT SEEMS TO be the idea .. it is what it is
  • NothingSoundNothingSound Posts: 198
    stickboy wrote:

I love those quotes, but I don't think they ran Jagr out of town. He got offered more then $25 million more to play in Russia. It's not like he was shunned by the Rangers and left for $500,000 more to go to Russia.
    I TALKED TO AVERY YESTERDAY ,, i invited him to the baseball all star game

he goes" baseball is for girls" lol

but seriously he was upset the way sather treated him ,,he basically said he didnt want him back ,, it wasnt about a couple of bucks.. he just didnt' "fit' into sather's plans ,, (thats the way it was put to him)

40 fricking games over 500 or whatever it was and he didnt fit into their plan??

our GM is a douche
    stickboy wrote:

interesting

so it appears that gomez ( maybe drury also ) are acting as if there will be no return of Shanny, either.
    or have i slept in too late and missed another monumental story ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • NothingSoundNothingSound Posts: 198
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    interesting

so it appears that gomez ( maybe drury also ) are acting as if there will be no return of Shanny, either.
    or have i slept in too late and missed another monumental story ?

I thought Shanahan is going to retire and join the coaching/scouting staff for NYR.
    I thought Shanahan is going to retire and join the coaching/scouting staff for NYR.

wow

i go searching for NYR stories to read daily-

and I had not heard that one !

:eek:
    platessmall.jpg
    Hey

theres nothing better then 2 original 6 teams out there in one of if not the oldest ballpark out there.

rich in history and tradition.

nice get on this new new years day highlight.

us over here in nyc will have to wait until the 2010 season and the New Yankee Stadium .

Hockey At The New Yankee Stadium

Rangers now hoping to play game at new Yankee Stadium
    BY JOHN DELLAPINA
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Monday, July 7th 2008, 11:55 PM

Franklin/AP

Though playing a game at the House That Ruth Built is fading, the Yankees' new ballpark could be an option for the Rangers.
    The Yankees were on board. The city was on board. And the NHL wanted to do it.

But myriad logistical problems made it too costly and too difficult for the NHL to stage the next Winter Classic as the closing act at Yankee Stadium. Still, if the NHL won't be making history by closing the old ballpark, it could well wind up staging the first non-baseball sporting event in the new one.

The Daily News has learned that NHL commissioner Gary Bettman, Yankees COO Lonn Trost and mayor Mike Bloomberg concluded their discussions on the topic recently with each pledging their interest in playing a Winter Classic in the new Yankee Stadium - perhaps on New Year's Day 2010.

Wrigley Field will do the honors six months from now, serving as the site for a game between the Chicago Blackhawks and the defending Stanley Cup champion Detroit Red Wings on Jan. 1, 2009. An official announcement from the NHL should come a few days before the league releases its entire 2008-09 schedule on Monday.

While it is certain that the Rangers would play in any Yankee Stadium game, choosing their opponent was one of the many thorny issues that complicated matters. The Islanders began investigating the possibility and meeting with Yankees officials a few years ago and understandably wanted to be included. The Devils, who wield considerable power at the Board of Governors level, wanted in as well.

But NBC, which scored big ratings with the 2008 Winter Classic between Buffalo and Pittsburgh at Ralph Wilson Stadium, views a game between two teams in the same metropolitan area as a ratings minimizer. The network wants a Rangers-Boston Bruins matchup that both has the cachet of an Original Six matchup - like Blackhawks-Red Wings - and brings the eyeballs of two major television markets to the sets.

But there were even more significant obstacles that kept the 2009 Winter Classic from closing Yankee Stadium. Delaying demolition of the ballpark for two months would have hiked construction costs on the new Yankee Stadium, as certain areas common to both stadiums need to be transitioned. Also, since the current Stadium hasn't been used for a winter event since the Giants moved out in 1973, winterizing of pipes would have been necessary to guarantee that 60,000 people wouldn't show up to find that none of the bathrooms worked.

And that would have been on top of the already heightened costs of staging a hockey game in the current Stadium, which has no point of entry large enough to accommodate the huge refrigeration trucks necessary to make and maintain the ice surface.

Understandably, neither the city nor the Yankees had any interest in paying for such things. And when the numbers began to add up, the NHL judged them too high even for such a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
    platessmall.jpg
    Paul Mara officially resigned with us today.
    stickboy wrote:
    Paul Mara officially resigned with us today.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=5622178&postcount=7008

he took less, right ?

he had revealed this the other day.

we've got some defensive corp coming up !
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=5622178&postcount=7008

he took less, right ?

he had revealed this the other day.

we've got some defensive corp coming up !
    terms werent released yet, but yea Im thinking based on his comments last week that he took less.

hmmm wow, so why did they wait to post it today on nhl.com and nyr.com?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Hey

theres nothing better then 2 original 6 teams out there in one of if not the oldest ballpark out there.

rich in history and tradition.

nice get on this new new years day highlight.

us over here in nyc will have to wait until the 2010 season and the New Yankee Stadium .

Hockey At The New Yankee Stadium

Rangers now hoping to play game at new Yankee Stadium
    BY JOHN DELLAPINA
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Monday, July 7th 2008, 11:55 PM

Franklin/AP

Though playing a game at the House That Ruth Built is fading, the Yankees' new ballpark could be an option for the Rangers.
    The Yankees were on board. The city was on board. And the NHL wanted to do it.

But myriad logistical problems made it too costly and too difficult for the NHL to stage the next Winter Classic as the closing act at Yankee Stadium. Still, if the NHL won't be making history by closing the old ballpark, it could well wind up staging the first non-baseball sporting event in the new one.

The Daily News has learned that NHL commissioner Gary Bettman, Yankees COO Lonn Trost and mayor Mike Bloomberg concluded their discussions on the topic recently with each pledging their interest in playing a Winter Classic in the new Yankee Stadium - perhaps on New Year's Day 2010.

Wrigley Field will do the honors six months from now, serving as the site for a game between the Chicago Blackhawks and the defending Stanley Cup champion Detroit Red Wings on Jan. 1, 2009. An official announcement from the NHL should come a few days before the league releases its entire 2008-09 schedule on Monday.

While it is certain that the Rangers would play in any Yankee Stadium game, choosing their opponent was one of the many thorny issues that complicated matters. The Islanders began investigating the possibility and meeting with Yankees officials a few years ago and understandably wanted to be included. The Devils, who wield considerable power at the Board of Governors level, wanted in as well.

But NBC, which scored big ratings with the 2008 Winter Classic between Buffalo and Pittsburgh at Ralph Wilson Stadium, views a game between two teams in the same metropolitan area as a ratings minimizer. The network wants a Rangers-Boston Bruins matchup that both has the cachet of an Original Six matchup - like Blackhawks-Red Wings - and brings the eyeballs of two major television markets to the sets.

But there were even more significant obstacles that kept the 2009 Winter Classic from closing Yankee Stadium. Delaying demolition of the ballpark for two months would have hiked construction costs on the new Yankee Stadium, as certain areas common to both stadiums need to be transitioned. Also, since the current Stadium hasn't been used for a winter event since the Giants moved out in 1973, winterizing of pipes would have been necessary to guarantee that 60,000 people wouldn't show up to find that none of the bathrooms worked.

And that would have been on top of the already heightened costs of staging a hockey game in the current Stadium, which has no point of entry large enough to accommodate the huge refrigeration trucks necessary to make and maintain the ice surface.

Understandably, neither the city nor the Yankees had any interest in paying for such things. And when the numbers began to add up, the NHL judged them too high even for such a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

I really wanted them to play in this Yankee Stadium.
    I miss igotid88