• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    no takers for me extra 10C ticket ?

fellas ?
    Hard to believe, eh?
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Rygar wrote:
    Hard to believe, eh?

all the fellas are on their own fanclub seats.
    if someone didnt already claim it,
    id ask you if you
    wanna drive down from montreal?

unfortunately someone has already claimed this is i am happy to enjoy the show in their company.

:)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    RANGERS INTERESTED IN SUNDIN
    By LARRY BROOKS

June 24, 2008 --

Glen Sather is seriously considering a 2008-09 go-for-it-now first line tandem of Mats Sundin and Jaromir JagrJaromir Jagr , sources in Europe and North America have told The Post.

Sundin, the 37-year-old long-time Maple Leafs captain who can become an unrestricted free agent on July 1, has made it clear New York is his desired destination. Indeed, we're told that the have held conversations with both the centerman and his representative, J.P. Barry, after having received permission to do so by Toronto.

Barry is employed by CAA Sports, the same firm for which Jagr's agent, Pat Brisson, works. Jagr, who told The Post on Sunday, "There is no rush [on a contract]," has returned to Europe for the next week to 10 days.

Sundin, who rejected Toronto's requests to waive his no-trade clause leading up to the Feb. 26 deadline and thus infuriated acting GM Cliff Fletcher - who had a conditional deal set to go with Montreal - recorded 32 goals and 46 assists with a plus-17 rating last year.

As an over 35-year-old player, Sundin would be eligible to receive bonuses on a one-year contract that can be attached against the 2009-10 cap. The same, of course, applies to Jagr. The Rangers have just under $25M remaining on the 2008-09 cap of $56M. The numbers could work if Jagr and Sundin were each to agree to base salaries of $5M with deferred bonuses.

The numbers, however, aren't the Rangers' primary concern; Chris Drury is. For if Sundin signs and assumes the role of first-line center, the Rangers would have to move Drury out of the middle and onto the wing.

larry.brooks@nypost.com

PlEASE NYR stay away from Sundin .
    with all due respect the guy had(s) talent, but c'mon. hes at the end of his ride,...
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    RANGERS INTERESTED IN SUNDIN
    By LARRY BROOKS

June 24, 2008 --

Glen Sather is seriously considering a 2008-09 go-for-it-now first line tandem of Mats Sundin and Jaromir JagrJaromir Jagr , sources in Europe and North America have told The Post.

Sundin, the 37-year-old long-time Maple Leafs captain who can become an unrestricted free agent on July 1, has made it clear New York is his desired destination. Indeed, we're told that the have held conversations with both the centerman and his representative, J.P. Barry, after having received permission to do so by Toronto.

Barry is employed by CAA Sports, the same firm for which Jagr's agent, Pat Brisson, works. Jagr, who told The Post on Sunday, "There is no rush [on a contract]," has returned to Europe for the next week to 10 days.

Sundin, who rejected Toronto's requests to waive his no-trade clause leading up to the Feb. 26 deadline and thus infuriated acting GM Cliff Fletcher - who had a conditional deal set to go with Montreal - recorded 32 goals and 46 assists with a plus-17 rating last year.

As an over 35-year-old player, Sundin would be eligible to receive bonuses on a one-year contract that can be attached against the 2009-10 cap. The same, of course, applies to Jagr. The Rangers have just under $25M remaining on the 2008-09 cap of $56M. The numbers could work if Jagr and Sundin were each to agree to base salaries of $5M with deferred bonuses.

The numbers, however, aren't the Rangers' primary concern; Chris Drury is. For if Sundin signs and assumes the role of first-line center, the Rangers would have to move Drury out of the middle and onto the wing.

larry.brooks@nypost.com

with all due respect the guy had(s) talent, but c'mon. hes at the end of his ride,...
    Should make you feel better then that the Rangers haven't had talks with Sundin's agent.
    Guy's got his info quite wrong. While I'm pretty sure Sundin will end up a Ranger or a Red Wing after July 1st, Sundin's agent first asked about the Rangers (before Montreal were given exclusive (that means no one else can talk to him, btw...) rights to Sundin) and the Rags said they weren't interested in his rights, at that time. Exclusive bargaining rights were then granted to Montreal, meaning no one is talking to Sundin's agent except Bob Gainey.

Florida is also in the 'interested parties' group.
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    yup....I thought we were done with these types of moves....
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    According to the Toronto press the Habs have a window to talk with Sundin, but it's not EXCLUSIVE...Just heard that on TO radio and back up with NHL on Sirus Radio NHL network
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    According to the Toronto press the Habs have a window to talk with Sundin, but it's not EXCLUSIVE...Just heard that on TO radio and back up with NHL on Sirus Radio NHL network
    "The Montreal Canadiens currently own Sundin's exclusive negotiating rights until July 1 and Canadiens' GM Bob Gainey is prepared to go to Sweden to talk to Sundin directly, but so far the Toronto Maple Leaf captain has not agreed to any face-to-face sessions or encouraged Gainey to make the trip."

It is exclusive, and the window is until July 1st.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=241537&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

Timeline:
    - Sundin's representatives asked the Leafs for permission to talk to the New York Rangers before any negotiating rights changed hands and were granted that permission.

- Sundin's representatives spoke to the Rangers to find out if they would be interested in acquiring Sundin's exclusive negotiating rights but were told that was not something the club intended to do. No substantive talks with the Rangers were conducted after that.

- Sundin's exclusive negotiating rights were then transferred to the Canadiens last week, which brings us to where we are at today.

So yes, his agent talked to the Rangers, but the Rangers didn't want negotiating rights.
    I still think he's signing either there or Detroit come free agency, but still.
    Rygar wrote:
    "The Montreal Canadiens currently own Sundin's exclusive negotiating rights until July 1 and Canadiens' GM Bob Gainey is prepared to go to Sweden to talk to Sundin directly, but so far the Toronto Maple Leaf captain has not agreed to any face-to-face sessions or encouraged Gainey to make the trip."

It is exclusive, and the window is until July 1st.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=241537&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

Timeline:
    - Sundin's representatives asked the Leafs for permission to talk to the New York Rangers before any negotiating rights changed hands and were granted that permission.

- Sundin's representatives spoke to the Rangers to find out if they would be interested in acquiring Sundin's exclusive negotiating rights but were told that was not something the club intended to do. No substantive talks with the Rangers were conducted after that.

- Sundin's exclusive negotiating rights were then transferred to the Canadiens last week, which brings us to where we are at today.

So yes, his agent talked to the Rangers, but the Rangers didn't want negotiating rights.
    I still think he's signing either there or Detroit come free agency, but still.

very interesting.

hmmm

well, i'm off to matts' future home!

see ya !
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    very interesting.

hmmm

well, i'm off to matts' future home!

see ya !
    lolsters, enjoy
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    The Leafs have placed Wellwood and Raycroft on Waivers...Raycroft, OK...but WELLWOOD? How curious is this move...Wellwood, in my opinion is a future top 6 guy and you are telling me that they couldn't trade him for ANYTHING??? There is obviously more to this story that we don't know than we do..One thing I do know...The Canucks have interest in Wellwood, and that is where I predict he will end up. Really baffled by this move.

Sundin.

A source tells me that there will be serious pressure on Mats Sundin to drag this process out as long as possible. The NHLPA view Mats as the benchmark guy and to that end wants him to sign as late as possible in the process. maybe even after July 1. If that is the case, the Leafs fans wont be too happy. All thoughts of Higgins for Sundins rights I am told are moot. One source of mine is convinced that Sundin won't be a Hab at all , but instead skate for the NY Rangers.

Gaborik
    to Buffalo (e3) Hold your hats Sabres fans. According to three sources the Wild are shopping Gaborik and the Sabres are offring up the best package out there.

Hossa
    The Canucks are very much in this one as well, but a new team that is making lots of waives here...The Edmonton Oilers. The Oilers are a hell of a fast team and some players have told me that they may be the quickest team in hockey... Hossa would be a great fit and may enjoy the offense that the Oilers like to play

Emery to Tampa (e3)
    I continue to be told that now that Melrose is the guy in Tampa look out for alot of changes and the first may be a new start for Emery. I would love this move if Tampa could pull it off.

Marleau to Carolina (e3), Boston (e3), Nashville (e2) or NJ (e2),
    Patrick Marleau will continue to get interest right up until July 1, but don't expect a deal to actually go down until June 30th for Patrick.

The Flyers may not be done dealing a rumours have surfaced that they made a pitch for Brent Seabrooke at the draft. I am hearing that Carter's deal could be announced as early as Wednesday, and I don't get the impression that ANYONE is worried about it NOT getting done...

The Thrashers are said to have interest in Darcy Tucker and Pavel Kubina...could a deal be coming?

There is a rumour out there still that the Flames and Blues are interested in Spezza. If Calgary, Langkow would be included in a deal to Ottawa...If St. Louis, it would have to be Johnson.

Sean Avery has two likely destinations. Neither are Manhattan....The NY Islanders and Canadiens are believed to the best bets.

Gary Roberts would love to return to Toronto or Ottawa I am told, and both teams would absolutely oblige.

There are more and more people that are saying that Brian Campbell may be down to just a few teams. Pittsburgh, Ottawa, Atlanta, NY, Philadelphia, and Washington.

Speaking of Washington.....There are some serious offer sheet rumours out there right now for Green. The Caps have come out and said they will match any offer sheets...however, I am told it could depend on who makes the offer...One team that could be intriguing that I am hearing could make an offer sheet for Mike Green is the NY Islanders..Now for the price the Isles would pay..those 5 #1 picks could be enticing..

The Panthers aren't done yet, and once again rumours of the Leafs being interested in Jay Boumeester are surfacing...
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    hahaha, did you make all that crap up yourself???
    guess who sat next to me.... AVERY LOL

I begged him not to go and said sather is a dick

he said he would stay for less but he doesnt know if sather wants him

i said we love u in the blues ;) he was humble actually

and he took a picture of us w/ his camera

got his cell number and plan on texting him tom.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    NY PJ1 wrote:

Crap. I wish I had 10c seats. Maybe security threw you out cuz Avery gave them the signal.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    Crap. I wish I had 10c seats. Maybe security threw you out cuz Avery gave them the signal.

nah man he was in my seats and i let him stay there

he took pictures on his camera and was mad cool

and like i said he gave me hs cell number

gonna text him tom. b4 the show
    J still no meeting up of us- ?

you were just a few rows in front of me ( us )!

how about eddie giving us the Lets Go Rangers chant ?

that made my night.
    i had my jersey with me, but beuinbg inb sect 8 i was too far away to hit the stage.
    i guiess we gotta do this tomorrow night,....
    platessmall.jpg
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    nah man he was in my seats and i let him stay there

he took pictures on his camera and was mad cool

and like i said he gave me hs cell number

gonna text him tom. b4 the show

I know. I was kidding.
    I miss igotid88
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    i'm with you. signing avery should be the teams #1 priority this summer.

but, there is no chance in hell sather is giving him 4 million. especially after rupturing his spleen. i don't know too much about an injury like that, but it is definitely going to be a cause of concern for the rest of his career in my opinion.
    I had my spleen removed after a bike accident when I was 15...no biggie
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    NY PJ1 wrote:

dude, you had one eventful night!

avery didn't back you up when security tossed you!?

what section were you in? is avery the reason why eddie was saying lets go rangers?
    dude, you had one eventful night!

avery didn't back you up when security tossed you!?

what section were you in? is avery the reason why eddie was saying lets go rangers?

i sat with avery first half of show then i went to sit on the opp. side by mikey (where i got tossed)

but he was mad cool like i said and i plan on texting his ass in 2 hours

we were in sec 77
  • anyone have an extra pair or 2 singles for VEDHEAD27?

but the lets go rangers chant last night got me going crazy, haha
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • ButchNJButchNJ Posts: 13
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i sat with avery first half of show then i went to sit on the opp. side by mikey (where i got tossed)

but he was mad cool like i said and i plan on texting his ass in 2 hours

we were in sec 77

That's awesome......I'm totally rocking the Avery T tonight.....I didn't know he was even there last night and I was in Sec. 84 in my fan club seats.....

The "Let's Go Rangers" part in Daughter made my night....
    ButchNJ wrote:
    That's awesome......I'm totally rocking the Avery T tonight.....I didn't know he was even there last night and I was in Sec. 84 in my fan club seats.....

The "Let's Go Rangers" part in Daughter made my night....

hes going again tonight ,,breaking my balls for my seats from last night
    are eddie and sean friends?
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    are eddie and sean friends?

??? not sure

but my friend in the box office says avery is a pain in the ass w/ tickets

hence my mixup w/ him last night

i think im meeting him for drinks b4 the show

ill call xman and tell him where if it goes down
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    ??? not sure

Next thing you know he will ask you to help him move. ;)
    Brian
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,239
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    ??? not sure

I guess you and aves never hung out as i didn't get the call. but how great was that let's go rangers chant.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    haha pearl jam loves our boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and given to fly dedicated to leetch!!!!!!!!

hay bathy great to finally meet u !!!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

2 NIGHST OF HANGING WITH RANGERS AAND PEARL JAM
    I guess you and aves never hung out as i didn't get the call. but how great was that let's go rangers chant.

nah i was partying with brian noonan b4 the show instead

he is a friend of a friend

bathy met him also

he was whacked out lol

i told him all the diehards know u scored the winning goal ingame 7 :)
    STRAKA IS OFFICIALLY GOING TO EUROPE

more money to spend elsewhere