B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    within a few days we can have a completely different looking NYR team.

hope slats knows what he is doing :confused:
  • NothingSoundNothingSound Posts: 198
    So I got a NYR jersey for my birthday. It's blank on the back so I need to get it customized. I'm leaning towards Lundqvist as he's A) awesome and B) locked up for a while. Also seeing as how Avery is most likely gone it'd be stupid to get him. Then I had a thought about getting "Vedder" #10 put on. Clever or cheesy?
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    So I got a NYR jersey for my birthday. It's blank on the back so I need to get it customized. I'm leaning towards Lundqvist as he's A) awesome and B) locked up for a while. Also seeing as how Avery is most likely gone it'd be stupid to get him. Then I had a thought about getting "Vedder" #10 put on. Clever or cheesy?

Cheesy

I saw a crap load of Cubs Jersey's this tour with #10 and VEDDER
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Cheesy

I saw a crap load of Cubs Jersey's this tour with #10 and VEDDER
    Besides the fact it'd be stoopid to get Avery on the back even if he was staying ;)
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Rygar wrote:
    Besides the fact it'd be stoopid to get Avery on the back even if he was staying ;)

HaHa !

Good Point
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Voros ?

whered this guy come from ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Voros ?

whered this guy come from ?

He's gonna be the 2008 Hollweg.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Lots of stuff happening today. The guy in this article thinks Jagr is gone (maybe back to Pittsburgh): http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/marek/2008/07/breaking_down_the_deals_on_fre_1.html

Van. with a HUGE offer to Sundin by the sounds of it.

Gonna be weird going to Canes games next year not seeing Cole on the ice. I'm not surprised because he's never been the same since the Orpik hit and there have been rumors of them dealing him for the last 2 years. I just hope Pitkanen blossoms.
    Brian
  • lostdawglostdawg Posts: 109
    Just saw on the crawl on SNY- we signed Redden and Roszival...no word yet on Avery.Also Devs signed Holik...
    lostdawg wrote:
    Just saw on the crawl on SNY- we signed Redden

i am giddy as hell over this!
    rosival 4 years. excessive????
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    REDDEN AND ROZI thats alot of cash
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    REDDEN AND ROZI thats alot of cash
    Not too bad moneywise, compared to the deals of the day of course.
    TSN ranked both of these guys in the top 10 in available D-men, so you knew they weren't going cheap.
    You guys are still in the hunt for the available forwards. Word is you're a little too close to Vancouver's retarded offering ;)
    Rygar wrote:
    Not too bad moneywise, compared to the deals of the day of course.
    TSN ranked both of these guys in the top 10 in available D-men, so you knew they weren't going cheap.
    You guys are still in the hunt for the available forwards. Word is you're a little too close to Vancouver's retarded offering ;)

that offer is crazy
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    that offer is crazy
    It's definitely not smart for Vancouver. It'd only be for the money if Sundin were to accept it.
    I can't imagine any other team matching that offer either. Toronto offered 7, Montreal offered 8, and they didn't say/know what NYR offered. Detroit pulled out because it got out of hand.
    valiquette was also re-signed. no word yet on terms.
    we gave too much to redden and to many years

we are backed into a corne up front

avery is gone and screw sundin

do we go for jagr and maybe hossa?? im worried
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    we gave too much to redden and to many years

we are backed into a corne up front

avery is gone and screw sundin

do we go for jagr and maybe hossa?? im worried
    Apparently you're involved in the bidding for all 3.
    I think (this is personal opinion) that NYR is the only team Jagr is interested in (in the NHL, at least) although the TSN folks are hinting that Pittsburgh are after him.

And yes, you overpaid for the defenseman but compared to the ridiculous signings elsewhere it isn't too bad. Actually my math was way off. The Redden deal belongs among the ridiculous ;)
    Rygar wrote:
    Apparently you're involved in the bidding for all 3.
    I think (this is personal opinion) that NYR is the only team Jagr is interested in (in the NHL, at least) although the TSN folks are hinting that Pittsburgh are after him.

And yes, you overpaid for the defenseman but compared to the ridiculous signings elsewhere it isn't too bad. Actually my math was way off. The Redden deal belongs among the ridiculous ;)

nah avery finally called me back like 6pm last night and said he couildnt make the show

he was in negotiations with the nyr but he didnt sound to happy so i didnt even ask
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    nah avery finally called me back like 6pm last night and said he couildnt make the show

he was in negotiations with the nyr but he didnt sound to happy so i didnt even ask
    Sorry, 3 I meant were Sundin, Hossa and Jagr.
    I have no idea what is up with Avery but have heard on TSN that the Stars were after him.
    They said the day before that the Leafs were a good fit for him but didn't say they Leafs were actually after him, and didn't bring it up too much yesterday.

All in all it was a pretty boring day. Most of the signings were just plain stupid, and even with a salary cap it looks like the retarded "money-talks" days that gave us a lockout in the first place.

We lost two in Montreal, but I'm only on the fence about one of them.
    Edmonton did some good work, if you ask me.
    Rygar wrote:
    Sorry, 3 I meant were Sundin, Hossa and Jagr.
    I have no idea what is up with Avery but have heard on TSN that the Stars were after him.
    They said the day before that the Leafs were a good fit for him but didn't say they Leafs were actually after him, and didn't bring it up too much yesterday.

All in all it was a pretty boring day. Most of the signings were just plain stupid, and even with a salary cap it looks like the retarded "money-talks" days that gave us a lockout in the first place.

We lost two in Montreal, but I'm only on the fence about one of them.
    Edmonton did some good work, if you ask me.

yea i read dallas and detroit

like i said sundin forces us to move drury back to a wing
    we got him to play center..it makes 0 sense
    today will get good for the league in general

Right now the team looks something like…

Prucha Gomez Callahan
    Dawes Drury Korpikoski
    Sjostrom Dubinsky Rismiller
    Voros Betts Orr
    Hollweg
    Byers

Staal Redden
    Rozsival Girardi
    Tyutin Backman
    Pock

Henrik
    Vally.

Weve got 9 million to spend.

Waive Backman
    Now you have 11.3 million to spend.

Waive Hollweg
    Now you have 11.8 million to spend.

Trade Tyutin for Andrew Vermette

Ottawa needs defense, and hes an RFA.

Sign him for 3 years at 2.2 per

11.8+2.8-2.2=12.4

Sign Marian Hossa for 6 years @ 8 mil per

Sign Brooks Orpik for 4 Years @ 4.4 per

Your roster now looks like this:

Vermette Gomez Hossa
    Dawes Drury Callahan
    Korpikoski Dubinsky Prucha
    Sjostrom Betts Voros
    Orr/Rismiller

Staal Redden
    Rozsival Orpik
    Girardi Potter
    Pock

Lundqvist
    Valliquette

You will have ZERO cap flexibility for the next 4 years. Basically the Rangers will be fielding this exact team for the next 4 years, more or less. You have just enough money with cap increase to resign your RFA’s. As kids come up, you can trade pieces for picks to make room, and stockpile more talent in the minors. For example, you can build up Pruchas value this year, and then trade him to make room for Cherepanov next year. You can build up value in Potter or Girardi, and trade them to make room for Sanguinetti, and so on.

I guess ive been a little bitchy today, which probably goes with the territory of being a stat junkie and a very analytical person, but I think this could work both short term, and long term.
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    yea i read dallas and detroit

like i said sundin forces us to move drury back to a wing
    we got him to play center..it makes 0 sense
    Even still you would still be better with Sundin than without and having Drury still on center.
    What do you guys have left on the cap after the Rosival and Redden signings?

Hossa is a money player, as we are all aware (or should be). Edmonton will probably match or beat any offers on him.
    Looks like TSN was right - 4 year, 15.5 million deal for Avery to the Stars.
    TAKE CARE SEAN have fun in that texas hell hole with no pj

i knew i should of never given u my seats
    avery to the stars.

fucking amazing.

i will spit in sather's face.
    sather better have a fucking ace up his sleeve.
    Best of luck to Avery. Dallas is a good team. Thanks for nothing Sather.
  • ButchNJButchNJ Posts: 13
    If there ever was a day I hated that fuckin cigar smoking drunk more than today....Identity of this team?...See ya!
    ButchNJ wrote:
    If there ever was a day I hated that fuckin cigar smoking drunk more than today....Identity of this team?...See ya!

every time i see him walk in msg i want to spit on him

now i might

anyhoot time to move on kids and get some type of plan

we sign jagr and shanny for another year? maybe sundin