B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    zubov.

not that luc and ulf did us wrong during their stay in NY, but we let one of the premier defensemen in the league go. you wonder if he was still on the roster between the dark years of 97-04, we probably would have been able to earn a playoff spot in a few of those seasons.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Hawkshore wrote:
    What about Doug Weight to the Oil for Esa Tikanen? :confused: Didn't Weight play 8 season for the Oil and captain the team?

cant knock esa tikkenen too much ,

that guy skating around kissing the capitals was priceless ,

and they say in the lockerroom it sounded as if he created his very own laguage.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    o h yeah and the bad trades come up as Norstrom announces his retirement today.

talk about hype !
    platessmall.jpg
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Bathgate66 wrote:

and they say in the lockerroom it sounded as if he created his very own laguage.

Esa really set the standard for today’s agitators! ......you can see a lot of his influence on his country men Ruttu and his style of play! :) Andy I just meant from the standpoint that Weight had over 500 points as a member of the Oil and I think Esa only played 1 maybe two seasons as a Ranger!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    Bathgate66 wrote:

I loved Tikkanen.....I believe they called it "Tikkanese"

Even though Cloutier didn't become a premier goalie, I didn't like to see him leave. I watched him in Hartford and still have a signed jersey...he is a cool guy.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Hawkshore wrote:
    What about Doug Weight to the Oil for Esa Tikanen? :confused: Didn't Weight play 8 season for the Oil and captain the team?

if i remember correctly esa was in the crease on mattaeu's goal :)
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    if i remember correctly esa was in the crease on mattaeu's goal :)
    Fetisov for the Devils plays it across-ice into the far corner............
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    Fetisov for the Devils plays it across-ice into the far corner............

matteau swoops in to intercept...
    Ok Ok Ok!!! I guess I should already realize as a Canucks fan posting in here the topic is always going to go back to 94! :mad:
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Ok Ok Ok!!! I guess I should already realize as a Canucks fan posting in here the topic is always going to go back to 94! :mad:

especially with june 14th right around the corner :)
    speaking of corners...........

Matteau behind the net.........

That's it I'm outa here!!! :rolleyes: .....kicks ground you guys will probably have fireworks around here that day! :)
    Hawkshore youre always welcome here,

even if Vancouver hadda won back in 94.

well, maybe not,...
    platessmall.jpg
    Larry Brooks reports in the Post that free agent winger Blake Wheeler was at the MSG Training Center yesterday for a tour as the Rangers woo the 21-year-old former Phoenix draftee (5th overall). Wheeler was also in Newark to talk with the Devils. He cannot sign with anyone until July 1st. FoxSports has a list of the top free agent left wingers and projects Avery returning to the Rangers for his asking price of $3.5 million -- on the other hand, they project Martin Straka going back to Pittsburgh. TSN has the complete Ranger off-season game plan -- no surprises there. Blueshirts Blog has more on Michal Rozsival.
    platessmall.jpg
    Henrik shut out ?

http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.com/blueshirtbulletin/
    June 13, 2008
    Lundqvist Shut Out of Vezina Voting
    As expected, Henrik Lundqvist finished a distant third in the voting for the Vezina Trophy. But at his age, it remains a remarkable achievement to have been a Vezina finalist in each of his first three NHL seasons. No word whether he shook the hand of the winner, Martin Brodeur, whose narrow surprise win over Evgeni Nabokov was probably crafted along nationalistic lines among the NHL GMs who vote for the honor. See See NYR.com and MSG.com for more.

Marc Staal seems to have also gotten the shaft from the Canadian vote for the All-Rookie Team, beaten out by a 25-year-old Edmonton Oiler, Tom Gilbert, who despite his 13 goals cannot have been half the defenseman Staal was -- Gilbert had seven games where he was -2 or worse (-3 and -4 on two occasions), but was only +2 or better seven times despite his point production. Staal was +2 six times (three times in the playoffs) and -2 only three times as a stay at home defenseman. Staal got only two fifth place Calder Trophy votes, tying Nigel Dawes and others for 12th place -- Brandon Dubinsky came in 10th with a second place vote, a fourth place vote, and six fifth place votes.

Steve Zipay confirms rumors that the Rangers are trying to trade up to a top four draft pick in his Blue Notes, but he says that the teams holding those picks are not likely to trade them. No word on whom the Rangers may be targeting, perhaps angling for Nikita Filatov to ultimately have him on a line with Alexei Cherepanov and Artem Anisimov, reuniting a unit from one of the Russian national junior teams. In other reading, Stan Fischler of MSG.com wonders what's up with contract talks with Jaromir Jagr and Sean Avery, while Rangers Report and Blue Notes check in with musings on a variety of subjects.

If you're stuck for a last-minute Father's Day gift, there is still time to place subscription orders for Blueshirt Bulletin -- click here for more information. We've gotten a number of orders this week already -- one spouse said this is the first time her husband asked for a specific gift, a subscription to Blueshirt Bulletin. Don't wait for your husband or dad to ask -- surprise him! All new subscriptions and renewals will be eligible for our draft day giveaway next week (details here).
    platessmall.jpg
    from the Bulletin

June 16, 2008
    Rangers Sign Swedish Version of Avery-Lite
    So you'd like to have Tomas Holmstrom on your team to camp out in front of the net, screen goalies, score on deflections and rebounds? Well, Detroit's not giving him up and he's getting up there in years. But the Rangers have now signed another Swedish player, Andreas Jamtin, who was compared favorably to Holmstrom by the scout who drafted both players for the Detroit Red Wings. Hakan Andersson, feted in the wake of the Red Wings' recent Stanley Cup win for supplying the team with much its European core of talent, selected Holmstrom in the tenth round in 1994 with the first pick Wings management allowed him to make on his own.

In 2001, the Wings traded two late round picks to move up in the fifth round to select Jamtin after they got wind that Dallas was set to take him with their next pick. Afterwards, Andersson said of Jamtin, "He’s like a Tomas Holmstrom. He can take anything you throw at him. He never backs down from anybody. If Holmstrom had this guy’s skating ability, Holmstrom would be a star in the NHL." Since then, Holmstrom has become a star in the NHL in his own way, regardless of skating ability, and the Wings have given up on Jamtin, leaving him unsigned and allowing him to become a free agent.

Jamtin's Swedish club, HV71 Jonkoping, reported on their web site today that the 25 year old winger exercised his NHL escape clause by the June 15th deadline, but they didn't specify which NHL team he signed with. Aftonbladet, a Swedish newspaper that has been known to get things wrong in the past, named the Rangers as the team. We are waiting to hear back from the Rangers about confirmation of the signing. HV71, with Jamtin scoring 17 regular season goals in 51 games, finished in first place in the Swedish Elite League last season and won the league playoffs. Jamtin was also part of the 2004 HV71 championship team. He played in the 2002 WJC along with Henrik Lundqvist and played part of one season in Finland, where he was a teammate of Ranger prospect Lauri Korpikoski.

After being compared with Holmstrom when he was drafted, Jamtin has since been compared to another player familiar to both Ranger and Wing fans -- Sean Avery. He is an agitator who specializes in trash talk, but who can skate and score as well. "He's a little gnat in everyone's face," Detroit assistant GM Jim Nill said of him in 2006 at NHL.com. "He gets under your skin. I saw him play against Zdeno Chara and he was driving Chara nuts. He was in his face all the time. That will be his game. Who could I compare him to? As a pest, he doesn't have Ken Linseman's offensive skills. He's more like Ville Niemenen. He's a hard-working player with a fire-hydrant type of body."

The Wings gave up on Jamtin after he limped home from Finland in mid-season in 06, having failed to further his development in a league he believed would prepare him better for North American hockey because of its higher level of physical play. "The in-your-face winger had a mediocre year after taking on a new challenge in the Finnish Elite League," reported Red Wings Central at that time. "Although the Red Wings liked his grit and fire, Jamtin did not get a contract and is a free agent." His inability to develop an offensive side to his game also factored into their unwillingness to sign him before his rights expired that year.

But now that that part of his game has made an appearance -- at least at the SEL level -- he is getting a shot at the NHL. "Jamtin is a talented forward with pretty good offensive skills," says the web site Elite Prospects. "Although he isn't very big [6'0-192], Jamtin still plays with a lot of intensity and extremely aggressive. He skates hard for the puck, never gives up and can put the puck in the net. An agitator, a fighter and a scorer." His contract is reported to be a two-way deal, so if he fails to secure an NHL spot in training camp -- a long shot, to be sure -- he will play in Hartford.

In other news, Avangard Omsk GM Anatoly Bardin has left for the Czech Republic to meet with Jaromir Jagr (stories here and here). Perry Pearn remains assistant coach with the Rangers after the Florida Panthers went with another finalist for their open head coaching position (see Rangers Report). Larry Brooks of the Post comments further on the perception of NHL bias toward Pittsburgh in the playoffs. Hockey's Future analyzes the 2003 draft five years later, with (as we already know) Hugh Jessiman remaining the only first rounder to never play an NHL game. Prospect Park looks at some elements of the Rangers' strategy for the upcoming draft. FoxSports looks at free agent right wingers and projects Jagr and Shanahan returning for another season.

Posted by Dubi on June 16, 2008 at 01:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (5)

any of my regular Broadway Blueshirts visitors going to Camden ! ? ! ? ( only 3 more days yo ! )
    If so , we have got to share a beer, or at least catch up at the parking lots.
    Lets do it ! Pearl Jam Live again ! ! ! :eek: :eek: :eek: ( in just about 1 year incrememts )
    platessmall.jpg
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,239
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    from the Bulletin

any of my regular Broadway Blueshirts visitors going to Camden ! ? ! ? ( only 3 more days yo ! )
    If so , we have got to share a beer, or at least catch up at the parking lots.
    Lets do it ! Pearl Jam Live again ! ! ! :eek: :eek: :eek: ( in just about 1 year incrememts )

see you there on friday.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    see you there on friday.

I'm sure- of all people- you will.

You always seem to find me,...

do you have a ride or need one ?

lemme know.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    I'm sure- of all people- you will.

You always seem to find me,...

do you have a ride or need one ?

lemme know.

I got one. I'm going with another pit regular. Thanks for the offer.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    I got one. I'm going with another pit regular. Thanks for the offer.

ok great-

you're attending the benefits pre show in the parking lots- correct ?

you can be my conduit to said regular pit member(s) !

any word on re-signing Avery yet ? How about Jags ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Wooo

VA beach tomorrow

Camden 1 thursday

DC sunday

MSG tues and wed :D
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    ok great-

you're attending the benefits pre show in the parking lots- correct ?

you can be my conduit to said regular pit member(s) !

any word on re-signing Avery yet ? How about Jags ?

I'd anticipate me being there, we're planning on getting there around 4 or so.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    MSG tues and wed :D

someone get J in here
    NYPJ1-

this is the place most of all
    that all of us should meet up for at least a beer.
    ill be looking up at the newly added # 2 and try and decipher where the # 9 will go this season,....
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    someone get J in here
    NYPJ1-

ill be looking up at the newly added # 2 and try and decipher where the # 9 will go this season,....

I was going to go the pre-party fundraisers at the cutting room. But I'm also taking those days entirely off. I don't want to risk any minor league games going into extra innings or being delayed by rain.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    no camden for me i had prior plans

only msg and the beacon

BE SAFE AND HAVE FUN IN CAMDEN
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    only msg and the beacon

well, i'll be at all 3 of these as well.

we'd better have met by the time all this passes ! before camp opens !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    someone get J in here
    NYPJ1-

well i'll be grabbing a beer down the street in a mart with my fake id :D haha.....sucks being 19...
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    well i'll be grabbing a beer down the street in a mart with my fake id :D haha.....sucks being 19...

haha, so you will be the kid brown bagging it outside of the garden?

night # 1 is my first date with this girl i've been after for a while. pearl jam at the garden? can you think of a better first date? thought i'd come out of the gate swinging.

night # 2 could be a great night for a meet up. where did you guys have in mind??

CAREFUL DRINKING IN THE STREET DUDE
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    CAREFUL DRINKING IN THE STREET DUDE

i was brown bagging it on the way to a bar one night and a cop stopped me and made me throw it out. then he was telling me how lucky i am that he is not writting me a ticket. he asked to see my ID and everything.

i thought they couldn't say anything if you conceal the bottle?