NYR_SALUTE.gif
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,135
    I disagree...we did deserve to win after being down 2-0 and tying it up...we just sat back in OT and couldn't do shit.

Henrik was crying, and I feel so bad because he played better this game then last game when he had a shut out.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    bye bye

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    bye bye, another one bites the dust and another one gone checkout the hat Freddie's wearing. They're gone too!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    its still a sore spot today.

:(
    platessmall.jpg
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    I disagree...we did deserve to win after being down 2-0 and tying it up...we just sat back in OT and couldn't do shit.

Henrik was crying, and I feel so bad because he played better this game then last game when he had a shut out.
    that was weak ..even when we tied it I just KNEW some STUPID bounce or another bad ref call would do us in, and I gotta wonder like the people back in the nhl offices in in the control centers during the games...doesn't anyone notice these discrepancies?? NO call on Malone..that goal was DEF offside in OT, but whatever...like Tom Renney said in the post game...the ifs and or butts are for losers, and its shit like that and the heart they showed to even come back today to make me proud to be a fan. We're gonna win it all soon I know we coulda made the finals if we get home ice against philly next round but oh well...last yr we blew it for ourselves with an icing call and a late goal with under 10 seconds and this yr we blew the lead in Game 1 which was essentially a lock for a springboard win towards winning this series, lets see what happens next yr.

3 things we need and we'll be aight
    1.I said it b4 and Duguay sad it too..we miss a Bueke type of D. Best D-men available this summer?

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190226

I'd also try to do whatever I can to bring in Brian Rolston...the guys a speacial teams MONSTER and he's amazing in the locker room and still young. ALSO versatile can play center and wing and as former USA teammates I think Drury, Gomez and Rolston would be a sick line.
    2. Bring in a better power play/special teams coach. Obviously Pearns not doing the job
    3. Take more initiative and apply more pressure. I think this yr Renney might have to start cracking the whip a lil more cause there were times this yr were we looked complacent for no reason..just looked lost on the ice.
    Henriks gotta step it up to elite status next yr...like 40 wins and carry us on his back thru one round if need be..GOTTA make it at least to the Eastern finals next yr..anything less will be even more dissapointing than this yrs giveaway of a series.
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    damn

and by "damn" I mean fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
    The Rangers are really close though, I have a feeling they will be in the finals within a year or two

I dont like philly or pitt or even detroit....but I like Modano, Zubov,Norstrom, (Henriks brother) Joel and the Cowboys so I am pulling for the Stars
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    damn

and by "damn" I mean fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
    The Rangers are really close though, I have a feeling they will be in the finals within a year or two
    A few 'rebuilding' teams that look to have promising future years.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    fuck crosby, fuck malkin... go flyers.
    fuck crosby, fuck malkin... go flyers.
    You mean 'Go Detroit'?
    Rygar wrote:
    You mean 'Go Detroit'?

actually, go western conference! i think i'd like to see the stars take it all.

but i don't want to see pitts in the finals, so i have no choice but to pull for philly.
    actually, go western conference! i think i'd like to see the stars take it all.

but i don't want to see pitts in the finals, so i have no choice but to pull for philly.
    I will accept a 'Go Western Conference' :p
    i will probably root for the Penguins here on in,

the further they advance, ( and if they should win the big silver cup ) then at least we can say we almost took the Champs to 6, and took them to OT in game 5 .
    Lastly, should Pitts win , we could say that we were eliminated by the Champs .
    platessmall.jpg
    What do you fellas / ( or ladies ) think of the Free Agents we have to decide on ? Heres the list :

Shanahan:
    Jagr:
    Avery:
    Roszival:
    Straka:
    Mara:
    Strudwick
    Malik:
    Valiquette:

heres my decisions concerning each:

Shanahan: 1 More Year ! ( possibly for le$$ ca$h ? )
    Jagr: couple more years - if not for all of his horselike strength and play just to keep him from going somewhere else in the eastern conference )
    Avery: KEEP HIM
    Roszival: GOODBYE
    Straka: PLEASE STAY
    Mara: STAY
    Strudwick: Keep Him ( hes versatile and can fill multiple holes in various situations - forward to defense )
    Malik: Please, go FAR away !
    Valiquette:Suich a difficult job, backing up Henrik- but this guy can do it- especially against the Flyers.

:)
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    What do you fellas / ( or ladies ) think of the Free Agents we have to decide on ? Heres the list :

Shanahan:
    Jagr:
    Avery:
    Roszival:
    Straka:
    Mara:
    Strudwick
    Malik:
    Valiquette:

heres my decisions concerning each:

Shanahan: 1 More Year ! ( possibly for le$$ ca$h ? )
    Jagr: couple more years - if not for all of his horselike strength and play just to keep him from going somewhere else in the eastern conference )
    Avery: KEEP HIM
    Roszival: GOODBYE
    Straka: PLEASE STAY
    Mara: STAY
    Strudwick: Keep Him ( hes versatile and can fill multiple holes in various situations - forward to defense )
    Malik: Please, go FAR away !
    Valiquette:Suich a difficult job, backing up Henrik- but this guy can do it- especially against the Flyers.

:)

agree with everything you said. straka/avery/shanny/jagr are MUSTS!

i want jagr in a ranger uniform until he decides to retire. i think his work in NY is far from done. 15 points in 10 games in the playoffs this year. that proves this guy can still get it done.

taking nothing away from valiquette, but i think we need a more reliable back up who can play 15-20 games a season. hank can take the work load with out a doubt... but what if he pulled a richter and tore his groin 20 games in? valiquette becomes your first string goalie for the remaining 60 games? no thanks!
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    I'm hearing Jagr, Shanahan, and Roszival are definitley out.
    Jw
    Shanahan: retire as a ranger
    Jagr: its hard to decide, hes still playing amazing but hes 36 and we cant take on his big contract again for another 2-3 years
    Avery: SIGN
    Roszival: Keep him, he played shaky this year but we cant loose defense
    Straka: GET RID OF...im sick of seeing him pass the puck and not shoot when he has a wide open lane, LOSER
    Mara: see ya
    Strudwick: keep
    Malik: SEE YAAAA
    Valiquette: Deffinantly keep, if something happens to the King I wouldn't mind having him in the pipes...he had 2 shutouts this year?
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    taking nothing away from valiquette, but i think we need a more reliable back up who can play 15-20 games a season. hank can take the work load with out a doubt... but what if he pulled a richter and tore his groin 20 games in? valiquette becomes your first string goalie for the remaining 60 games? no thanks!

Valiquette can play 15-20 games a season, its Renney's decision to keep Henrik in. Henrik played 4 straight games at the end of the year with the flu. Like I said in my post above, Valiquette did have 2 shutouts this year, and I think hes the best backup we can get. He might not be as good and mature as WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKES but he's so young.
    and dont forget the slew of UFAs and RFAs on the other 29 teams in the nhl,...
    platessmall.jpg
    alltho we should have been at home for game 6 last night, ( for the last homegame of this series )

iun the midst of all that ,

today is breakup day up in Greenburgh .

:(
    platessmall.jpg
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Larry Brooks has the details:

May 6, 2008 -- SEAN Avery is thinking of the future now, but last Wednesday while lying in a bed in the Intensive Care Unit of St. Vincent's Hospital suffering internal bleeding from a lacerated spleen he'd sustained at the Garden hours earlier in Game 3 against the Penguins, the Rangers' winger had no such luxury.

"I was writing my will that first night," Avery told The Post by phone yesterday. "I was in bad shape. I was nervous. I was trying not to think about it.

"I thought I was done."

Avery, who is expected to make a full recovery, was released from St. Vincent's on Sunday. He'll report for the Rangers' break-up meetings today in the wake of the second-round five-game elimination by Pittsburgh that was sealed by Marian Hossa's offside-enabled OT goal Sunday afternoon.

"I feel 1,000 times better now; I feel great," said Avery. "I was checked today, there are no infections, my blood is good and I'm due for another exam on Thursday. I feel like I could play tonight, but unfortunately there's no game.

"The major thing for me is not to get hit again in the short-term. I guess I'd better watch myself when I'm outside walking that nobody crashes into me or that I don't get hit by a car while I'm crossing the street."

Avery pinpointed the cause of the injury as the check he threw on Brooks Orpik 3:30 into the first period of what would become a 5-3 defeat.

"That's exactly when it was; I knew I had done something, I knew something was wrong, but I just didn't know to what extent," said Avery, who played the remainder of the game.

"I thought that I probably had torn an abdominal muscle, but then after the game when I told the doctors that I had a shooting pain in my shoulder, the doctors knew immediately what it was and I went right to the hospital with Dr. [Andrew] Feldman."

Avery said he was in "such bad shape the first couple of days," that he had no idea that one publication reported that he'd suffered cardiac arrest and was found unconscious in a Manhattan hotel room before being rushed to the hospital at 3:30 the morning following the game.

"Nobody said anything, but then it kind of funneled through," said Avery. "To make up lies, it just shows the credibility of the people who would put that stuff out there and then try to stand by it even when it's proven false.

"That anyone would print something that's just false . . . I don't know why people have the need to lie about me."

Avery, who was unable to negotiate a contract extension during the season, is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1. There's a substantial gap between what he'll be able to command on the open market, and what GM Glen Sather has been offering.

Still, Avery made it clear his priority is to remain in New York.

"I bleed Ranger blue," said No. 16. "It would be very disappointing if I don't get to come back and play here.

"Losing this series is extremely upsetting, not only on a personal level, but because of the passion of the fans here who enhance every experience of being a Ranger.

"The way it ended, it's like we let down the city. I want to come back and win for these people as much as for myself and my teammates."

larry.brooks@nypost.com
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/05062008/sports/rangers/i_thought_i_was_done_109656.htm
    Jwmcc wrote:

"I bleed Ranger blue," said No. 16. "It would be very disappointing if I don't get to come back and play here.

"Losing this series is extremely upsetting, not only on a personal level, but because of the passion of the fans here who enhance every experience of being a Ranger.

"The way it ended, it's like we let down the city. I want to come back and win for these people as much as for myself and my teammates."[/b]

larry.brooks@nypost.com
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/05062008/sports/rangers/i_thought_i_was_done_109656.htm

give this man whatever he wants! he must be wearing red/white/blue come october.
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    give this man whatever he wants! he must be wearing red/white/blue come october.
    agree
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    Jwmcc wrote:
    Larry Brooks has the details:

May 6, 2008 -- SEAN Avery is thinking of the future now, but last Wednesday while lying in a bed in the Intensive Care Unit of St. Vincent's Hospital suffering internal bleeding from a lacerated spleen he'd sustained at the Garden hours earlier in Game 3 against the Penguins, the Rangers' winger had no such luxury.

"I was writing my will that first night," Avery told The Post by phone yesterday. "I was in bad shape. I was nervous. I was trying not to think about it.

"I thought I was done."

Avery, who is expected to make a full recovery, was released from St. Vincent's on Sunday. He'll report for the Rangers' break-up meetings today in the wake of the second-round five-game elimination by Pittsburgh that was sealed by Marian Hossa's offside-enabled OT goal Sunday afternoon.

"I feel 1,000 times better now; I feel great," said Avery. "I was checked today, there are no infections, my blood is good and I'm due for another exam on Thursday. I feel like I could play tonight, but unfortunately there's no game.

"The major thing for me is not to get hit again in the short-term. I guess I'd better watch myself when I'm outside walking that nobody crashes into me or that I don't get hit by a car while I'm crossing the street."

Avery pinpointed the cause of the injury as the check he threw on Brooks Orpik 3:30 into the first period of what would become a 5-3 defeat.

"That's exactly when it was; I knew I had done something, I knew something was wrong, but I just didn't know to what extent," said Avery, who played the remainder of the game.

"I thought that I probably had torn an abdominal muscle, but then after the game when I told the doctors that I had a shooting pain in my shoulder, the doctors knew immediately what it was and I went right to the hospital with Dr. [Andrew] Feldman."

Avery said he was in "such bad shape the first couple of days," that he had no idea that one publication reported that he'd suffered cardiac arrest and was found unconscious in a Manhattan hotel room before being rushed to the hospital at 3:30 the morning following the game.

"Nobody said anything, but then it kind of funneled through," said Avery. "To make up lies, it just shows the credibility of the people who would put that stuff out there and then try to stand by it even when it's proven false.

"That anyone would print something that's just false . . . I don't know why people have the need to lie about me."

Avery, who was unable to negotiate a contract extension during the season, is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1. There's a substantial gap between what he'll be able to command on the open market, and what GM Glen Sather has been offering.

Still, Avery made it clear his priority is to remain in New York.

"The way it ended, it's like we let down the city. I want to come back and win for these people as much as for myself and my teammates."

larry.brooks@nypost.com

Loved this article., especially your bolden print .

Somehow his return will give us some solace when Jagr doesnt return,....
    platessmall.jpg
    http://rangers.nhl.tv/team/launch.htm?type=fvod&id=17726&catid=543

there are a bunch of videos posted with interviews with shanny, jagr, drury, gomez, dubinsky, among others, all earlier today - at breakup day .
    platessmall.jpg
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    well first off thanx for another fun and expensive season

it was weird watching the rangers in miami lol

i hope the flyers kick this teams ass

shanny... i dont know about him ,this series showed he is a step or 2 behind the younger generation

we need a big winger and a puck moving d-man

maybe bobby sag will be the answer ,i wouldnt be surprised if he made the team next year or maybe staal will step into that role

jagr is another tough choice but i would keep him if the price is right

i like strudwick ,but why sign him if he doesnt play ..

malik............

rozival is solid imo
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    well first off thanx for another fun and expensive season

it was weird watching the rangers in miami lol

i hope the flyers kick this teams ass

shanny... i dont know about him ,this series showed he is a step or 2 behind the younger generation

we need a big winger and a puck moving d-man

maybe bobby sag will be the answer ,i wouldnt be surprised if he made the team next year or maybe staal will step into that role

jagr is another tough choice but i would keep him if the price is right

i like strudwick ,but why sign him if he doesnt play ..

malik............

rozival is solid imo
    Well Renney made it pretty clear in his break up day press conference that they are aware they need that QB D-man and possibly a winger, but they also know they have young kids gonna compete hard for a spot or 2 again next yr, so Im thinkin Korpikoski looks aight, maybe Sanguinetti cracks the lineup or maybe Anisimov or Cherepanov...who knows, we got 5 solid kids now in Cally, Dubi, Staal, Dawes and Girardi and Hanks not old either so add another 2 or 3 more youngsters and we should be set, and you KNOW Slats is gonna spend some cash on SOMEONE so the future looks good. I think we should go after Rolston and either Redden or Campbell and as far as physical D? Either Mike Commodore or Brad Stuart would be fine w/me. Theyre both like 26 or 27 and can hit.
    stickboy wrote:
    Well Renney made it pretty clear in his break up day press conference that they are aware they need that QB D-man and possibly a winger, but they also know they have young kids gonna compete hard for a spot or 2 again next yr, so Im thinkin Korpikoski looks aight, maybe Sanguinetti cracks the lineup or maybe Anisimov or Cherepanov...who knows, we got 5 solid kids now in Cally, Dubi, Staal, Dawes and Girardi and Hanks not old either so add another 2 or 3 more youngsters and we should be set, and you KNOW Slats is gonna spend some cash on SOMEONE so the future looks good. I think we should go after Rolston and either Redden or Campbell and as far as physical D? Either Mike Commodore or Brad Stuart would be fine w/me. Theyre both like 26 or 27 and can hit.

see i know what im talking about

zero coverage down in florida lol

they need to take their time and figure out the best way to go

although we will be talking about it in a few weeks when i start the july 1st free agent thread ;)
    hahaha you dont forget..I lived down there for like 3 yrs..I never got SHIT for hockey coverage unless I was online. I had to get the center ice thing just to watch my boys..it sucked.

Anyways...so pissed Im not gettin ready for game 7 tonite..its eating away at me..still..ugh :mad:

as far as the free agency I dont want us to O.D..just get one or 2 guys and thats it..we got the nucleus already. We're only missing a lil physicality and a PP specialist
    stickboy wrote:
    hahaha you dont forget..I lived down there for like 3 yrs..I never got SHIT for hockey coverage unless I was online. I had to get the center ice thing just to watch my boys..it sucked.

Anyways...so pissed Im not gettin ready for game 7 tonite..its eating away at me..still..ugh :mad:

as far as the free agency I dont want us to O.D..just get one or 2 guys and thats it..we got the nucleus already. We're only missing a lil physicality and a PP specialist

totally ...

on a side note 1 of the papers had a big help wanted add on the front of the sports section

PANTHERS LOOKING FOR COACH !!!!! LOL swear to god