B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    That OT goal was inevitable. The Devils took their play up a notch in that extra period and the Rangers weren't ready for it. Shame it had to come with Dubinsky out there since he played a hell of a game otherwise.

Jw
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    As much as I can't stand Devils hockey, that loss was total karma for Avery's stupid stick and hand waving crap. It would have been great if he would got nailed in the back of the neck with a slap shot while he was pulling that shit. If Tom Renney had any respect for hockey, he would have walked onto the ice and tore the shirt off of Avery's back. At least that way people wouldn't have to be embarrassed to wear a Rangers jersey today as it would still have at least a little dignity left.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    figures we dont get into a fight in jersey friday night w/ devils fans

instead we get into a fight with rangers fans at msg :confused:

better pick up the play kids
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Songburst wrote:
    As much as I can't stand Devils hockey, that loss was total karma for Avery's stupid stick and hand waving crap. It would have been great if he would got nailed in the back of the neck with a slap shot while he was pulling that shit. If Tom Renney had any respect for hockey, he would have walked onto the ice and tore the shirt off of Avery's back. At least that way people wouldn't have to be embarrassed to wear a Rangers jersey today as it would still have at least a little dignity left.

im never ashamed or embarrassed to wear the red white and blue,
    not even this morning after a Loss.
    Avery has a role-
    he plays it well
    he has a goal-a-game in these playoffs.
    I can get past his agitory antics ,
    definitely wouldnt peel away my Rangers jersey for the sake of 1 loss, and i dont feel any loss of dignity either.
    If ( and when ) we get a stranglehhold on them Wednesday , we'll feel alot better.
    The Devils cant cope, and they cant beat us in a 7 game run first to 4 .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    If the Devils' secret weapon to score against Henrik Lundqvist is to let the Rangers score on their own goaltender, then it worked like a charm for them tonight. In addition to getting their customary one goal, they got the bounces they had been craving when three pucks went in off Rangers -- early in the first period off the stick of Blair Betts (who committed the horrid turnover that led to the scoring play), late in the second off the leg of Brendan Shanahan, and in overtime when the game winner deflected in off the heel of the skate blade of Marc Staal.
    platessmall.jpg
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    im never ashamed or embarrassed to wear the red white and blue,
    not even this morning after a Loss.
    Avery has a role-
    he plays it well
    he has a goal-a-game in these playoffs.
    I can get past his agitory antics ,
    definitely wouldnt peel away my Rangers jersey for the sake of 1 loss, and i dont feel any loss of dignity either.
    If ( and when ) we get a stranglehhold on them Wednesday , we'll feel alot better.
    The Devils cant cope, and they cant beat us in a 7 game run first to 4 .
    Don't kid yourself - Avery's on-ice actions are worthy of a misconduct penalty on a per game basis. One bad apple doesn't ruin the bunch, but he definitely has zero class, whatsoever.
    Rygar wrote:
    Don't kid yourself - Avery's on-ice actions are worthy of a misconduct penalty on a per game basis. One bad apple doesn't ruin the bunch, but he definitely has zero class, whatsoever.

well the way the sport is ruined because u cant clear the front of the net
    w/ out getting a penalty ,,everyone might as well do it

marty is def. frustrated w/ him lol
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    well the way the sport is ruined because u cant clear the front of the net
    w/ out getting a penalty ,,everyone might as well do it

marty is def. frustrated w/ him lol
    Most likely, and you can't really blame him. There's screening and distraction, and then there's Avery.
    Rygar wrote:

kid myself ?
    c'mon.

please refer to your NHL rule book- please tell me- ( and all of us ) what rule and rule # he broke.

please.
    platessmall.jpg
    Rygar wrote:
    Most likely, and you can't really blame him. There's screening and distraction, and then there's Avery.

i know its abit weird

but really as long as he isnt in the crease or touching him... whats the problem ?

avery is taking himself out of the play ... he cant see whats happening neither

also marty was better off having him there because he scored 30 seconds later when he wasnt screening
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    kid myself ?
    c'mon.

please refer to your NHL rule book- please tell me- ( and all of us ) what rule and rule # he broke.

please.
    A minor penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct shall be imposed on any player who uses obscene, profane or abusive language to any person. If this conduct persists, he shall be assessed a misconduct penalty and if this conduct further persists, then a game misconduct penalty shall be imposed.

I obviously have no proof that he was verbally abusive (what a stretch to assume, considering the subject) but this fits SA daily.
    Rygar wrote:
    A minor penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct shall be imposed on any player who uses obscene, profane or abusive language to any person. If this conduct persists, he shall be assessed a misconduct penalty and if this conduct further persists, then a game misconduct penalty shall be imposed.

he was standing there blocking his view?

profane language?
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    he was standing there blocking his view?

profane language?
    How about inciting an opponent into incurring a penalty?

A misconduct penalty shall be imposed on any player who persists in any course of conduct (including threatening or abusive language or gestures or similar actions) designed to incite an opponent into incurring a penalty.
    If, after the assessment of a misconduct penalty, a player persists in any course of conduct for which he was previously assessed a misconduct penalty, he shall be assessed a game misconduct penalty.
    Rygar wrote:

I obviously have no proof that he was verbally abusive (what a stretch to assume, considering the subject) but this fits SA daily.

hmmmmm
    a canadien fan-
    telling us there is so such thing as profanity on the ice ? :confused:
    misconduct , for cursing ? :confused:

uhm,

whos kidding whos' self ?

:confused:
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    hmmmmm
    a canadien fan-
    telling us there is so such thing as profanity on the ice ? :confused:
    misconduct , for cursing ? :confused:

uhm,

whos kidding whos' self ?

:confused:
    Great comeback.
    I said it before - Avery is far and beyond an agitator.
    anyway both out teams lost last night in o t

were all on edge

that being said rygar u would love him on your team
    Rygar wrote:
    How about inciting an opponent into incurring a penalty?

A misconduct penalty shall be imposed on any player who persists in any course of conduct (including threatening or abusive language or gestures or similar actions) designed to incite an opponent into incurring a penalty.
    If, after the assessment of a misconduct penalty, a player persists in any course of conduct for which he was previously assessed a misconduct penalty, he shall be assessed a game misconduct penalty.

this sounds more like what might or not be called on a " dive "

edit- i was wrong on that part- thats pretty to the point-

regardless- half of these rules arent enforced,.... and then theres a shitload of other rules that dont exist.

oh well.
    platessmall.jpg
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    anyway both out teams lost last night in o t

were all on edge

that being said rygar u would love him on your team
    If he had the effect on win loss ratio that he does for you, sure, I still wouldn't respect him.
    Rygar wrote:
    If he had the effect on win loss ratio that he does for you, sure, I still wouldn't respect him.

but u would love the difference he makes in games ;)
  • ranger fans should forgo the avery chants and just chant MVP, MVP. He clearly is and if you guys do that, he might have another reason for the Rangers extending his contract in the offseason.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    this sounds more like what might or not be called on a " dive "
    Yeah, that can be construed as such, although diving has it's own rule.
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    NY PJ1 wrote:

I give you that he appears to make a difference for this Rangers team but on other teams he would be a distraction and not as effective. He has his role on this Rangers team and he plays it... it just wouldn't fit or work for some other teams.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    I'd still call him a classless whore ;)
  • chromiam wrote:
    I give you that he appears to make a difference for this Rangers team but on other teams he would be a distraction and not as effective. He has his role on this Rangers team and he plays it... it just wouldn't fit or work for some other teams.

i agree, he'd be a distraction on a bad team or a dysfunctional team like the senators.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    chromiam wrote:

well thats true he may not work well on every team

and every teammate may not love him

however fact is

1) he agitates everyone
    2) he can score 20 -25 goals a year
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    well thats true he may not work well on every team

and every teammate may not love him

however fact is

1) he agitates everyone
    2) he can score 20 -25 goals a year

1) I agree
    2) he's never scored that many goals a season in his career and I don't see that changing
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

chromiam wrote:
    1) I agree
    2) he's never scored that many goals a season in his career and I don't see that changing

he was hurt half the year and had 15

the guy can skate and score

full healthy season 20 -25 easy

thing is its hard for him to stay healthy all year
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    he was hurt half the year and had 15

the guy can skate and score

full healthy season 20 -25 easy

thing is its hard for him to stay healthy all year

It's hard for him to stay healthy because of the way he plays... so I'll still stand by him not being a perennial 20 goal scoring. And for all that he brings you, at time he also costs you. I do have to say though that he has cut that down quite a bit from what I have seen this season.

Admin

• JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    chromiam wrote:
    It's hard for him to stay healthy because of the way he plays... so I'll still stand by him not being a perennial 20 goal scoring. And for all that he brings you, at time he also costs you. I do have to say though that he has cut that down quite a bit from what I have seen this season.

Word, which is the reason the Rangers would be dumb to give him 4 million plus a year for however long he's looking for.
    Jw
  • he's a good player for what he does but success of the rangers should not hinder on what he does or doesn't do.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024