B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Bathgate66 wrote:
    where to ?

hmm, good question. maybe some place near the garden that will have the game on.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    im so pumped to check out 'the rock' tonight lol the rock
  • NY PJ1 wrote:

it's nice. i've been there three times. it has wide concourses decent sight lines seats in the upper bowl are pretty high but you'll still have a decent view. my favorite part is when the devils are killing a penalty and the hardcore fans chant: "Kill, Kill".
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 677
    NY PJ1 wrote:

Are you going to go to church and pray again? I think it worked last time.
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
    Jenfarr wrote:
    Are you going to go to church and pray again? I think it worked last time.

i just go b4 the series starts ,not every game lol
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    NY PJ1 wrote:

the pebble

otherwise known as the Garden West.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    it's nice. i've been there three times. it has wide concourses decent sight lines seats in the upper bowl are pretty high but you'll still have a decent view. my favorite part is when the devils are killing a penalty and the hardcore fans chant: "Kill, Kill".

a friend has told me its almost as if you are standing inside the Wachovia Center in Phillytown .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    a friend has told me its almost as if you are standing inside the Wachovia Center in Phillytown .

it's similar, but that's how a lot of the newer buildings are now.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    http://www.NHL.com has a feature on Tom Renney. The feature focuses on this season alone, but there is more to the story than this one season -- there are past years that predate his tenure as coach and there are future years that will bear his mark. While the Ranger coach has yet to elevate himself into the upper echelon of bench bosses in the eyes of some fans, his impact on the team goes much deeper than just that. Perhaps it's time for fans who nitpick his decisions or his vocabulary to understand how much he is responsible for changing the culture of the team to one they clamored for during the dark years before the lockout. Jess Rubenstein summed it up well:

Renney is the person who BUILT the Ranger's developmental program, modeled after the same Hockey Canada program that has now won four straight golds. Guess who helped to develop that Hockey Canada program? That would be former VP of Hockey Canada Tom Renney. Who was it that revamped and rebuilt the Ranger's scouting department? Here is a hint: it was neither Maloney nor Sather. Renney has three straight appearances in the playoffs. Renney must have done something right because his record against Sutter this season is now 8-0-1. His name is Tom Renney. He has done more to fix the Rangers than most Ranger fans will ever realize or give him credit for.

Elsewhere, Andrew Hutchinson of the Wolf Pack was named AHL defenseman of the year -- see the Courant and Howlings for more. The Courant also has a look at the Wolf Pack's week ahead. The Checkers face elimination after Chris Holt gave up four goals again -- see the Charlotte Observer. Prospect Park has the story of Carl Hagelin upon the ouster of his team from the Frozen Four. Finally, here is a strange story from the Montreal Gazette -- a Montreal politician being given a hard time for predicting that the Rangers would beat the Canadiens on their way to the Stanley Cup.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    http://www.NHL.com has a feature on Tom Renney. The feature focuses on this season alone, but there is more to the story than this one season -- there are past years that predate his tenure as coach and there are future years that will bear his mark. While the Ranger coach has yet to elevate himself into the upper echelon of bench bosses in the eyes of some fans, his impact on the team goes much deeper than just that. Perhaps it's time for fans who nitpick his decisions or his vocabulary to understand how much he is responsible for changing the culture of the team to one they clamored for during the dark years before the lockout. Jess Rubenstein summed it up well:

Renney is the person who BUILT the Ranger's developmental program, modeled after the same Hockey Canada program that has now won four straight golds. Guess who helped to develop that Hockey Canada program? That would be former VP of Hockey Canada Tom Renney. Who was it that revamped and rebuilt the Ranger's scouting department? Here is a hint: it was neither Maloney nor Sather. Renney has three straight appearances in the playoffs. Renney must have done something right because his record against Sutter this season is now 8-0-1. His name is Tom Renney. He has done more to fix the Rangers than most Ranger fans will ever realize or give him credit for.

Elsewhere, Andrew Hutchinson of the Wolf Pack was named AHL defenseman of the year -- see the Courant and Howlings for more. The Courant also has a look at the Wolf Pack's week ahead. The Checkers face elimination after Chris Holt gave up four goals again -- see the Charlotte Observer. Prospect Park has the story of Carl Hagelin upon the ouster of his team from the Frozen Four. Finally, here is a strange story from the Montreal Gazette -- a Montreal politician being given a hard time for predicting that the Rangers would beat the Canadiens on their way to the Stanley Cup.

I think very highly of Renney as a coach from a league-wide standpoint. And of all the NY coaches, he seems to be the one that has the pulse of his team the best.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    I think very highly of Renney as a coach from a league-wide standpoint. And of all the NY coaches, he seems to be the one that has the pulse of his team the best.

Hes got great hockey sense ( from what i can tell ) & the guy is a pleasure to listen to and obviously well educated as well as very well versed, IMO .

:)

hey XMan how about that place- the new BBQ place- its right on the corner across the strreet from MSG and diagonal with the Post Office. I believe it is 31st and 8th ave ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    Hes got great hockey sense ( from what i can tell ) & the guy is a pleasure to listen to and obviously well educated as well as very well versed, IMO .

:)

hey XMan how about that place- the new BBQ place- its right on the corner across the strreet from MSG and diagonal with the Post Office. I believe it is 31st and 8th ave ?

brother jimmy's. good call, they've got good BBQ.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    Let's Go Rangers!!!

Enjoy All
    Maybe if the Devils could have scored any goals before under a minute left, they wouldnt have to worry about shoddy officiating ? :confused:

anyhow- 2nd year in a row where we've opened up the 1st 2 on the road with big W s in round 1 .

Now back to our house,.....
    platessmall.jpg
    Woooooooooooooooooo Just Got Home Upper Deck Was Rocking

So Many Fights All Over

Thank God Me And My Boys Didnt Brawl At The End But Very Close

Anyway Woooooooooooooooo

Avery !!!! What A Fun Night :)

Henry Im All Jacked Up

Celebration Blunt Time!!
  • OK

So I was sitting in section 117, my whole area (which was on the side that the Rangers shot twice) was 80% ranger fans out of about 6 or 7 sections. We were majority of the Ranger noise you heard on TV, it was amazing. When Avery scored it was the greatest feeling of my life yelling at all those fuckin wanna be black kids yelling "Rangers Suck" the whole game...too bad we were the majority.

At one point a Devils fan got ejected and the "nananana nanana hey hey hey good bye" chants were going...Henrik chants everywhere...instead of Potvin Sucks, DEVILS SUCK...FIGHTS EVERYWHERE, it was beautiful

I go Sunday, lets make this shit 3-0
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    OK

So I was sitting in section 117, my whole area (which was on the side that the Rangers shot twice) was 80% ranger fans out of about 6 or 7 sections. We were majority of the Ranger noise you heard on TV, it was amazing. When Avery scored it was the greatest feeling of my life yelling at all those fuckin wanna be black kids yelling "Rangers Suck" the whole game...too bad we were the majority.

At one point a Devils fan got ejected and the "nananana nanana hey hey hey good bye" chants were going...Henrik chants everywhere...instead of Potvin Sucks, DEVILS SUCK...FIGHTS EVERYWHERE, it was beautiful

I go Sunday, lets make this shit 3-0

IN MY SECTION UPSTAIRS in was 80% 20% devils fans
    we were outnumbered hence the near brawl

but u cant fight in the stands ,its too steep u fall over and u have big problems

what a glove save by henry at the end of the game
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I don't think I've ever checked out this thread...I'm an Oil fan and wouldn't come here to trash talk (unless we met in the playoffs), but I came here to see your reactions...and yer talkin about brawlin in the stands. fackin new yorkers! ;):D

I want to see the Rangers do well...I always felt that Slats took some undue criticism, but made some good moves around the lockout, and has done a good job balancing rebuilding and a demanding market...and he's an arrogant smartass, so I've always liked him.
    I don't think I've ever checked out this thread...I'm an Oil fan and wouldn't come here to trash talk (unless we met in the playoffs), but I came here to see your reactions...and yer talkin about brawlin in the stands. fackin new yorkers! ;):D

I want to see the Rangers do well...I always felt that Slats took some undue criticism, but made some good moves around the lockout, and has done a good job balancing rebuilding and a demanding market...and he's an arrogant smartass, so I've always liked him.

just talking about my first playoff game in their new arena

it was an awesome game of course

but because their are so many rangers fans
    fights happen everyone is crazy intense like u cats in canada

plus alot of people are drinking,,which we weren't
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    just talking about my first playoff game in their new arena

it was an awesome game of course

but because their are so many rangers fans
    fights happen everyone is crazy intense like u cats in canada

plus alot of people are drinking,,which we weren't
    ya, playoff games in Edmonton are beyond intense...but I don't think I've ever seen a fight in the stands. There are lots of Flame fans here for battle of Alberta games, but I've never seen anything escalate beyond trash talk or a little beer tossing :D I hear a lot of stories about asshole Flame fans, tho ( http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Alberta/2008/04/01/5166106.html ), and had a couple bad experiences wearing an Oil t to the PJ show in Calgary '05 (but also shared some fun, good-natured jabs)....
    I'm sure the NY/NJ games have a crazy atmosphere....I've got to see a game at MSG someday.
    platessmall.jpg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    man, i am still hungover from last night's game.

great to see the devils blow a fuse at the end. but i hate those missed calls, because now we have to hear how the NHL favors the rangers, and there is some conspiracy theory about the league telling the refs to allow them win.

huge glove save at the end by the king. reminds me of the 96-97 series, when richter just OWNED the devils.
    Bulletin

April 12, 2008
    Broken Doors, Broken Teeth, Broken Sticks, Broken Serve
    A playoff game finally broke out after a game and a half of dull hockey that Jaromir Jagr likened to a tennis match. Tempers began to flare as friends became combatants, Scott Gomez mixing it up with Jamie Langenbrunner. Agitators ran goalies while goalies antagonized agitators. Zach Parise was spitting chiclets after crosschecking Christian Backman's stick with his mouth. And up in the stands, security guards had to wrestle rival fans out of the building for pelting each othe with beer, popcorn, and taunts...............

that was a sick game ! Intense !

OK NYPJ1, tell me you didnt waste your beer on Devils fans ? ( in the literal sense of the word )
    platessmall.jpg
  • T-CaseT-Case Posts: 186
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Bulletin

April 12, 2008
    Broken Doors, Broken Teeth, Broken Sticks, Broken Serve

that was a sick game ! Intense !

OK NYPJ1, tell me you didnt waste your beer on Devils fans ? ( in the literal sense of the word )

God damn that game was amazing, I wish I could have gone to it, I really can't wait for game three, this series has lived up to its billing already
    PJ at MSG in 2008! Mission Accomplished

The band all knows. We're too afraid to mention.
    Don't want to be part of Frank's luncheon.
    Lose weight. Be safe. Where's Mike McCready?
    My god he's been ate!
    can the sweep be too far out of reach ?

we'll see tonight
    platessmall.jpg
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    lol @ Scott Gomez...."ooooo I'm scared"
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • lol @ Scott Gomez...."ooooo I'm scared"

i saw that on tv, i loved that part...blowing kisses and then "oooooooooo im scaaaaared" haha

with all the shit thats he's taken from the devils and their fans, he still is playing the best hockey he has played all year

as for the new arena...ive never seen so many concession stands in my life....those seats in the 200s are way higher than the 400s at the garden and way further back, i dont like their seating arrangement at all...the lower bowl is really nice though
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    lol @ Scott Gomez...."ooooo I'm scared"

not sure who he was barkinbg at ( Lagennbrubber and Colin White were both in the devs penalty box ) but reading his lips --he was taunting the devils in the box about going out drinking , wonder who that was.

funny shit .
    platessmall.jpg
    Morning Skate

Clarkson needs his little ass kicked. ( by the way were him and sean avery seperated at birth ? These guys look amazingly alike ,.... )

Now we are in our house,

try and do some of the shit you pulled at The Pebble out in Newarktown ,..
    and youll find yourself on a stretcher in the hallway at St Vincents Catholic Medical Center and maybe getting an extra close look at the XRay room,...
    f ' n douchenozzle......:rolleyes:

and furthermore-

can Chris Drury win the percentages of face offs against Madden tonight ?

Avery has a goal a game so far, and his 28th Birthday was on Thursday .

Itll either be 3 games to zero ,
    or the Devils will half the NYR lead 2 games - 1 .
    Its gonna almost be as Rocking tonight at The Garden ,
    almost as much as it will be on June 24 and 25 ' 08.
    Im stoked !

Lets Go Rangers
    platessmall.jpg
    Blech !

After we win an offensive zone faceoff, lucky Gianta throws the puck in front ( from at , or behind the goalline,)... and it deflects in off of Staals skateblade.
    :rolleyes:
    I hope the Devils take solace in the fact that this is how they had to beat us ( with a lucky break off our defensemans skate )
    ( turn the blades the other way-towards the boards--, marc )

now we have to wait until Wednesday to take a 3-1 stranglehold on these diablows ?
    thats the suckiest part of this whole thing,.,..,..

Lets Go,.......Rangers !
    platessmall.jpg